Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Those are horrible and amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Lately I've been feeling down about the prospects for our nation and civilization in general and I realize it's because I started following this thread again.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

In the previous thread a lot of people (including Xylo) did not like it when a shooting happened and people starting eagerly anticipating the first rear end in a top hat to, surprise, be an rear end in a top hat. I think it was particularly bad during the Boston Marathon Bombing, and it makes us look like deranged vultures when poo poo happens and our first response is to rush into the Political Cartoons thread to gossip about who will take a poo poo first.

I don't think you'll get probated for it or anything, but it's considered in bad taste to do it after a tragedy. Some shithead getting sentenced probably doesn't count?

I can settle this: I will take the first poo poo.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Eschers Basement posted:

Speaking as someone who grew up on The Super Harlem Globetrotters, The Robonic Three Stooges, and Fonz and the Happy Days Gang, I know this man speaks the truth.

Never re-watch the shows you grew up on unless there's a dark room and an open bottle of whiskey nearby.

Are you guys trying to tell me that Hong Kong Phooey and the Funky Phantom don't hold up? :mad:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

vyelkin posted:

So far I have hated literally every cartoon made about the shooting in Ottawa that was made by a non-Canadian cartoonist.

Please, please, for the love of God, just stop. Just stop trying to talk about events up here. Just go back to pretending you don't even known we exist. We liked it better that way.

I made the mistake of doing a Google image search on "Canadian political cartoon"...

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

fade5 posted:

Republicans have apparently decided that since Hillary is running for president in 2016, "the 90's redux" is a good, winning platform, so they've dredging up all the 90's Clinton "scandals" for another go-around. It's the best combination of laziness, petty grudges, and the proof that Republicans will harp on any "scandal" (real, imagined, or manufactured) no matter how long ago it happened, or how unimportant it was.

For example (borrowing my post from a little while back):

"Cattle futures" is the best, that poo poo happened back in 1978/1979. It was a year before the oldest "Millenials" were even born, loving Ronald Reagan wasn't even president yet, and as of 2016 it will be a 38-year-old story. And once you dig past all that:

So she made a nice chunk of money in the stock market, good for her. What's the problem again?

Another attack Attack on Titan cartoon, this time by Latuff.
Also, those poor kids.:smith:

I'd love to see that happy little Clinton show up on everyone's political cartoons. Right, left, who cares? Tiny Clinton comments on all of them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

colonel_korn posted:

haha I had never heard of the bowling thing before, I just assumed that was some bizarre random joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AbbdIR3KwA

:pwn:

Hmmm. Looks sort of like the five pin bowling from when I was a kid, except our pins still looked like bowling pins, just shorter.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

beepsandboops posted:

Guys can we get back to the important things, like cartoon ducks complaining about bitter beer?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Oblivious-to-realty

:regd09:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Who died? Looks like a hippie gym teacher.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

So because Fox News has the biggest ratings and is the most watched news source for Americans it is the mainstream media. So basically Fox reporters have been jacking to pictures of Mitch McConnel and Bachmann in celebration. A TMI cartoon.

For some reason I read "Bachmann" as "Batman" and was very confused for a moment.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Not My Leg posted:

I'm not sure there's much too it other than Adam 12 was a show about two LAPD(?) officers in the '50s? (maybe '60s?). Their car was 1-Adam-12. It was very wholesome in a 1950s/60s Nick at Night kind of way.

E: Beaten, it was late 60s and early 70s.

In L.A. "Adam" cars are two man units, "Lincoln" cars are single officer units. I think the cop in Die Hard had a Lincoln call sign which would've been an accurate usage.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

stubblyhead posted:

Adam-12 is on Netflix, as is Emergency!, an EMT-centered spinoff. They were both created by Jack Webb, the guy who created and played Joe Friday on Dragnet. It's moderately entertaining, though obviously pretty dated.

There was an episode of Emergency! where a guy was choking because after removing the pull tab from his beer he dropped it into the can before he started guzzling it. It still make me squirm a little to think of choking on a can's pull tab.

EDIT: Thank you wikipedia for letting me know that the episode has been haunting me since 1975. :gonk:

EDIT EDIT: For the young ones I'm talking about one of these:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Mister Beeg posted:

Anyone familiar with Ron Cobb? He worked for Disney on "Sleeping Beauty" until he was laid off upon the film's completion. After that he took various illustration jobs, including his stint as an editorial cartoonist for the underground Los Angeles Free Press newspaper.

Is this the same Ron Cobb that did concept art for Alien?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Holy poo poo, he did the ecology flag. That was all over the place when I was a kid.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Someone wake me when Obama does something that's prohibited by the Constitution, but make a note if a past President also did it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

colonel_korn posted:

Funny you should mention it...

Cops are are gonna shoot you dead. :frogbon:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Post 9-11 User posted:

That Bors in one image for ease of sharing:

He fixed the are are. :toot:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Don't forget the thing that 99% of news media stories about their encounter left out, which is that Darren Wilson is also 6'4"

I didn't know that. Definitely fell for the media impression that he was at a significant physical disadvantage against Brown.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

drat, that's nasty! :kheldragar:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Gilganixon posted:

Ah yes, Lenin, famous for his role in the Cold War.

I think he meant "statues of Lenin" because after the USSR broke up alot of those statues were removed.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Best Rall to date.

I want the tumor that looks like a cheese platter. :frogdowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Why do you have an Acroyear toy for your avatar? I had one of those when I was a kid. :kiddo:

• Locked thread