Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

quote:

Bill Day – A liberal who lost in job in 2009, which resulted in him recycling both his work and jokes for year.

Minor complaint, but this sentence could use some fixing.

I'm hoping 2014 turns out to be as terrible as 2013 was. Actually got a folder now for cartoons that stand out so I'll have something to submit to the 2014 Gay Abortion awards.

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

spoon0042 posted:

Don't get my hopes up. Unless by "retired" you mean "is just phoning it in now" because this is just lazy as gently caress.

If Gorrell won laziest cartoon in 2013 for the asterisk, this should already be a candidate for laziest in 2014 and we're two loving days in.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

The Droid posted:

For a moment I thought this was a confused "Nuke Colorado for smoking the devil's plant," cartoon.

The message is that Colorado has some bomb weed.

I'd like to apologize for this post ahead of time.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Climate scientist? More like stupid dumb idiot.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Ramirez doesn't know how a snorkel works.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

When I was younger, I seriously drew a comic book where the heroes found a cure for the dreaded gay. The art was probably worse than Ralph and Chuck, if you can believe it.

I'd share, but that was almost twenty years ago, and I am pretty sure I burned it and shot the ashes into space.

Can't be any worse than the stuff that actual political cartoonists produce.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

LaughMyselfTo posted:

Alternatively, full racial integration means that black loses because white goes first. Still A Bad Cartoon.

Also, both sides are going to start out in check and will have to take the first turn using their king to kill the queen next to it. Damned if I know what happens after that.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

A lot of shootings taken place this week, I wonder what Muir has to say

Zed is such a cool dude. Hanging out shooting guns with his hot wife and eye scar while laying down the sick burns on an entire range of vague political ideologies. I really wish I was Zed and so does Muir I bet.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Streeter's boring cartoons don't really live up to the physical pain his eye razor font inflicts upon his readers.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

It never occurred to me until now that the way Ramirez writes a capital G is unacceptable. Just one more thing to add to the hate pile.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

alnilam posted:

goddamn, if there are this many state of the union "preview" cartoons....

As someone who never followed political cartoons until I had a thread to mock them in, can anyone tell me how long post-SOTU cartooning will last? April? July?

Well Benghazi cartoons and "If you like your ____ you can keep your ____" cartoons are still showing up from time to time and it's 2014, so depending on whether or not the GOP decides to make anything from the SOTU into a catchphrase they could be going for the next few years. It really depends on which specific non-issue they feel like complaining about.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

2014 Ted Rall is a terrible artist, but at least he's not as bad as 2011 Ted Rall.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

As dumb as this is, I'm glad it's at least intelligible. Usually I have to re-read a DbD strip about five times before I can make it through Muir's gibberish and figure out what the characters are actually saying.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Keep going Muir!

The perspective on that armored truck is all kinds of hosed up. I know he's just shoving a traced image into the panel, but usually it isn't so immediately obvious that it doesn't belong in there.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Post 9-11 User posted:

The GOP "all fags are evil deviants" party harboring a rampant pedophile? Liberal media bias! That morality gets skewed within a political party is something I can understand, that paid sycophants like Ramirez carry the party line blows my mind. It's not like FOX news, that owns a substantial share of the market by pretending to believe this horse poo poo, he would still have just as much cartooning work if he had reasonable opinions.

You're clearly mistaken, Mark Foley is a Democrat.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

XyloJW posted:

You can't put an apostrophe after a z and call that possessive. Even if it had been an s, you still do an apostrophe s for names. Christ, Muir.

Adding to this, I can't figure out how the quotation marks in the last panel are supposed to work.

"I see Sotomayer's not the only 'wise' latina'."

I guess "wise" is the only part acually in quotations and he added an apostrophe after "latina" because gently caress it why not? Really wish he would just use actual quotation marks for his stupid air quotes since he's not nesting anything.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

The drat French and their words!!

"Millions of Americans unemployed because of their spending, and flotus tweets a pic of her dogs 'dining' on china and adds 'bone appetite'?!?"

Is Muir using "their" to blame the Americans for spending themselves into unemployment, or referring to the Obama familytence?

I already know what he meant, but god drat does Muir suck at basic sentence structure.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Ramirez puts out a guest comic by Francis E. Dec.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Tinsley's limericks are getting worse.

This isn't even close. There's no way he can gently caress up the meter this much unless he genuinely doesn't know what a limerick is.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Wales Grey posted:

Thank God we have Day by Day. What we have now is a mercy.

It takes a special kind of evil to make DbD seem merciful by comparison.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

crowfeathers posted:

news report: giant obama rips apart nation's capitol

Know-nothing idiot Obama pulling one of his blunders again and releasing the malevolent spirit of the Lich upon the country by raising the debt ceiling.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Tom Guycot posted:

So, I just noticed ramirez ALWAYS draws obama with his eyes closed, is there a reason for that?

Worms don't have eyes.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

I wish newspaper headlines were actually like that. No context or anything, just "CHINA" or "AL-QAIDA" in big letters on the front page.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

crowfeathers posted:

so ask yourself, is this better or worse than a ramirez arrow cartoon

Did someone from this thread pay the Snafu guy again for another commission?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Nice Davis posted:

Oh no, someone stuck a femur through Obama's head :ohdear:

Those are antlers, you're looking at Bullwinkle from behind. Obama's the one wearing the hat. Not sure what they're doing together.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

crowfeathers posted:

I'd agree but I don't think SNAFU would ever unironically submit this as a political cartoon:

How does this even happen unless you're doing it intentionally as part of that glitch art fad?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Is this specifically an abortion clinic? I need to know if I'm going to be eating fetus slurry or just regular human slurry.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Noted political cartoonist KC Green weighs in on the climate change debate.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just hanging out, having a cool time on my giant cross.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

We will all join Jesus in the hypercube.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

loquacius posted:

What's the deal with the gold tooth? Is that a reference to some actual conservative meme or is it just :whatup: or am I a fool for attempting to make sense of any part of this at all?

Obama is black. Black people have gold teeth because they're thugs.

That said, this is one of my favorite Snafu cartoons to date and I hope he continues his descent into Louis Wain-style schizophrenia. Soon enough his cartoons will be nothing but a kaleidoscopic rainbow representation of Obama with a seemingly irrelevant current event thrown in.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Is it still ok to use the n-word when discussing that one Priggee cartoon?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Is the whole "empty lands" thing a common argument that extends outside of South Africa? I saw David Horowitz speak at UCSB a few years ago since I had nothing better to do that night, and he was more or less applying the same premise to the current Israel/Palestinian conflict by saying that the whole region was abandoned before the establishment of Israel.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

The current geopolitical climate does not influence whether or not crocodiles can climb trees.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

Ah, I guess we just have to check baggage to find the plane.

Do they really have blind people checking passports? Why are they doing it outside right before they get on the plane instead of inside the airport terminal? Not screening cargo could be explained by laziness, but why label the transport vehicle in that case?

None of this is acceptable. I'm never flying Overseas Air again.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Surprisingly, W put a few back up in 2003,

See, you liberals need to stop demonizing GWB.

quote:

and Obama added quite a few more in 2011.

As a clear insult to the memory of Ronald Reagan.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Oh, like I can resist rising to that bait.

Gay people: literally human garbage.

Thanks, Asay. Don't come out of retirement too soon.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

An excellent follow-up to a timeless classic.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Isaiah is on team Edward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

Gary McCoy, arbiter of classiness, ladies and gentlemen.

As idiotic as this is, it's actually a pretty decent joke by McCoy's standards.

• Locked thread