Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

I just wanted you to know that I appreciate this, and make sure it didn't get lost in the Muir edit's wake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I got one from smacking my face into the edge of a metal bench when I was little. It was right in the typical badass kewl scar position. Tragically, it went away within a month. I could have been even more of an IRL animu character.

Edit: Basically, odds are if it was deep enough to leave a permanent scar, you probably lost the eye in the process.

I Killed GBS fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jan 20, 2014

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Space-Bird posted:

I'll agree that he's comparatively better than some of the stuff in this thread, but don't you think you're over-selling it a bit? There are teens on tumblr doing homestuck fanart that are somehow leaps and bounds ahead of him.

(I also agree the world would be a better place if he was blogging homestuck opinions instead of right wing political cheerleading)

This thread destroys people's brains. It's the only possible explanation.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Stevoblunt posted:

Am I being trolled with this? What does Macklemore have to do with the content of peoples posts? Your a black female, so people pointing out obviously racist imagery is not ok? Huh? Hey guys, I'm gay, stop pointing out the rampant homophobia in Lester's comics, you pampered male white straight liberals :argh:

There's a certain degree of ironic humor in Necroneocon complaining about bad opinions given her tastes in video games, but I'm pretty sure her complaint is about how many posters just go "That's racist!" without anything more substantial than that.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Nicotine on its own isn't nearly as addictive as the chemical cocktail that's in tobacco, it's why nicotine patches are so ineffective at helping people quit.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I know we're involved in Syria and making noise about Ukraine, but I'm pretty darn sure the current Venezuelan conflict doesn't actually involve us, for once.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Discendo Vox posted:

My understanding is that the problem is complicated by South African politics, which is dominated by the ANC, and which is massively corrupt and inept on multiple levels. This has a number of causes, but it provides a wonderful rationale for continued smug racism by the white minority. This is further inflamed by the members of the government who blame the corruption problems on, and persecute, whites in the country. Both populations are filled with horrible people- it's just weird to us because the power dynamic is in some contexts reversed- although my understanding(entirely thirdhand) is that whites in SA face nothing within orders of magnitude of what blacks in the US have experienced.

The police there are even more worthless at protecting people than the US's are, but the problems white folks have there are not government sanctioned, dude.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Your new name is perfect for posting DbD.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Delayed doubleposts are always weird.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
We've done this many times in this thread alone. It's a snack food that's name is also a nickname for ignorant middle-class status-quo loving shmoes.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Ekkerates posted:

Pierre Zaius made that. He's pretty good and his comics are fairly reminiscent of Crumb.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/pierrezaius/

edit: and he did a six page comic on an elephant man and a donkey man who worked in a political cartoon having a reunion a few years after their cartoonist quit. It's not really his best work but there are a handful of decent editorial cartoon parodies in there:
page one
page two (parodies are in this one)
page three (and this one, but there's more text covering them up)
page four
page five
page six

He used to post here under the name "No X In Nixon" in the LF politoon threads.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Selachian posted:

I hate to say it but ... Deadspin followed up and Redface White Guy is totally not sorry.

In fact, apparently the Indian was trying to explain how what he was doing was offensive, and White Guy wasn't having any of it. :sigh:

Kill whitey.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
McCoy's Razor: Among competing hypotheses, the least charitable should be selected.
It's never served me wrong.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Please don't resort to that, claiming someone is one of the McCoys is one step removed from hate speech.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
One of the books we got assigned in high-school had a child that had been sexually abused. We didn't get told poo poo beforehand.
I was pretty drat jaded even by then, so it didn't bug me too much, but I'm pretty drat sure other kids who were molested probably wouldn't have been as blasé about it.
It's a good move, and you're a pretty big shithead if you just construe this as being SJW nonsense.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Mister Adequate posted:

Glad to have provided :tipshat:

Seeing you post harshes my buzz and reminds me of being back in Special Ed.
TW: Mister Adequate

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
It's beautiful.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
He isn't. It's just Obama getting mad that he wasn't invited to their little plutocrat party.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
He hates Abbott. He's pretty leftist on economic issues.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
KGC is a bitter clinger.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

OldTennisCourt posted:

Honestly I'm willing to bet a good portion of that book is shitthatdidn'thappen.txt. The whole thing stinks of him having interactions with Dahmer that he spices up to make it like "oh man how did I not knooooooow!"

Have you read it, or are you doing some kinda meta-stdh?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

ThirdPartyView posted:

Does Barack get brutally attacked by Zuul's minion in front of the Tavern on the Green like Louis Tully was in "Ghostbusters"?

Gozer's minion. Zuul was the dog monster.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
http://gawker.com/5380802/happy-bill-oreilly-loofah-day

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Mirthless posted:

I think this image confirms something I've thought for a long time; Politics, just the very idea, the concept of politics, is universally awful. It creates bad people. If the only impression I ever had of the McCoys was their silly, non-political cartoons I'd think these were people I'd like to be friends with. And then I see what they do when politics are involved and I want to see them get hit by a bus.

Gary at the very least would still be human filth, sorry.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Sanguine posted:

Even the 'Leave it to Beaver' tom bug suffers from it with the 'bill the right wing idol is a racist lol' in the last pannel.

He is racist. Don't pull truth in the middle equivocations, they just make you look dumb.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

TheDarkFlame posted:

Literally on the last page, and mentioned at least once in this page:

Look at that. Whites are the minority, that's not traditional. Not only what he is actually saying, but the actual meaning he's trying to get across, and not even in a subtle, dog-whistle kind of way. So the comic isn't even being ridiculous or hyperbolic for effect. O'Reilly is concerned about the skin colour of the American people, and complains that it is not traditional.

It's one thing to blindly slag off those who you disagree with, but refusing to acknowledge their obvious flaws to avoid "division" is an equal but opposite kind of bullshit.

Thank you, you said it better than I could.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Sanguine posted:

e: I would still punch Tinsley in the face rather than talk to him, though. Some people are beyond help.

This describes a distressingly large amount of my extended family, so there may be some degree of personal resentment in my response.
After years of trying to be civil and fair and getting nowhere, eventually you just don't bother any more.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Kakairo posted:

Can there possibly be a more punchable face than this?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Kakairo posted:

Eh. He's got the natural punchability factor in his facial features, but his hair is not especially douchy and he doesn't have ridiculous facial hair.

it's the Dreamworks face that does it for me

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

welp, you win

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Jagchosis posted:

Actually support for the Iraq war is one of JJ's earlier political stances and one that he held onto for a disproportionately long amount of time. Like the neoconservatives who go on TV everywhere and offer their opinions on Iraq, he still feels slightly married to the position that the Iraq war was the correct thing to do. This isn't an Us v. Them thing for him, it's about him not fully coming to terms with how enthusiastically he supported on of the worst ideas in decades.

Full disclosure: I am okay friends with JJ and its always been surreal to see him despised as much as todd rall

It's mostly backlash, honestly. He was somewhat well liked for his cute art, but his repulsive opinions slowly turned us against him, and the fact that he was once liked makes him all the more hated.

Rall manages to inspire that kind of hate without ever having been enjoyed by anyone.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Afriscipio posted:

I take it that Ruben doesn't like Dick.

This is truly sublime.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Brainbread posted:

I see it thrown around by MRA's and racists whenever someone disagrees with them. So, I'm not surprised when Dawkins jumps on that bandwagon.

It's pretty common here on SA too. :v:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I think Xander has ties to Russia, which would explain it. They were loving gaga over Lamarcke over there.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
At least 3. :v:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Just reminding people here, Discendo Vox has a mad hateboner for the mary jane. Take everything he says about it with a grain of salt.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

R. Mute posted:

I enjoyed the meltdowns, thanks guys.

your above-it-all puppetmaster schtick is kinda old, man

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

R. Mute posted:

Nice. Meltdown.

no u

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
If you think that's solely an anime thing, Betty Boop and 3/4ths of the comic book industry would like a word with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Rorus Raz posted:

On today's Day by Day: startling revelations.

This was enough to insure I have good dreams. Thank you, kind sir.

• Locked thread