Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silver2195 posted:

I'm pretty sure Rall has done more or less this exact cartoon before, possibly multiple times.

Yes it's the laziest joke because the crowd he's preaching to wouldn't be swayed by "OH gently caress YEA IF A FERNER DID IT I'D BE MAD" because they already agree, the people who disagree would handwave that poo poo away, and it's not funny because it's been done a million times over and usually better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

made of bees posted:

Was there a particular cartoon where Kelly got fat and it stuck that way, or was it a gradual process? I just now realized he used to be a lot skinnier.

It's been a steady grow, but I think around the first 'noble American cartoonist' type comic he did he plumped up the little Kelly more for extra contrast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rigged Death Trap posted:

A movie about degenerate wall street assholes?
Why I dont see anything anyone would hate about that.

Yea they obviously are glorified in those movies, that's a reasonable assumption from someone who obviously saw them both.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cafel posted:

Man, McMillan would be less pathetic if Latuff didn't get posted on a frequent basis. Showing how actual revolutionary, anti-imperialist propaganda should be done instead of this warmed over wanna be crap.

Yea this kind of cartooning for activism is way worse than that kind of cartooning for activism.

I actually see a lot of McMillan poo poo in eco-fringe groups so if the pure metric is 'the choir they preach to prints their poo poo out' they're at least peers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

I dunno, his series after the Marathon bombings about how Ben Franklin would say that Boston (still bleeding at the time) is a city of cowards because we allowed the police to catch a terrorist without throwing a libertarian revolution was pretty goddamn bad. I mean, you're right that it's not Roosevelts bad, but it's in the ballpark.

I think we were numb to that because we had libertarians in this forum saying the exact same thing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kegluneq posted:

Just sending the card to the address shown? I guess if it was to a house on a street with a common name in a sufficiently large city, it really would be undeliverable without a correct zip code to differentiate it.

I don't know if post in the UK actually requires the post code to be deliverable. I'm sure I've sent/received things without the correct one before now.

Zip and postal codes are rarely NEEDED, they save time and make the whole operation smoother, like how I can throw near anything that won't explode or die in the mail and it'll get to where I say in just a few days at most. They do that by having systems like zip/post codes to very rapidly sort things.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

visceril posted:

Seriously, gently caress this bullshit. The right wing noise machine got Martin Bashir fired and now they're gunning for MHP's job. They're not going to be happy until they get Maddow and the entire network off of the air.

Actually, scratch that they'll never quit bitching about the MSM

Maybe if people stop saying it's ok when it's our side saying lovely things it'll take some ammo out of their pocket.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

achillesforever6 posted:

Just how BS is this anyway? I keep hearing this kind of stuff from the anti-Nuclear crowd.

They would be less dishonest if they said the 'fallout' was going to cause Godzilla to be born in real life and run wild like Hulk Hogan on us all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So basically the religious people are wrong for saying Darwin is flawed because they're just theories but also they're just theories and hey maybe you can't say he's right or wrong?

Does Horsey even know what playing both sides is?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Ironically, the joke about "100% mammalian bipeds" isn't even accurate, if that article about someone signing up a dog for Obamacare was true.

Gonna take a guess at this since I'm assuming there'll be at least one cartoon of it.

Someone signed up using their residency and all but with their dog's name, got the generic 'ok send us a check' mail, got a card with their dog's name on it?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Monkey Fracas posted:

Goddammit I have seen this in no less than 4 separate threads now- The Revengeancing is upon us.

It's the most American game, really. Fight a senator who's trying to keep the military industrial complex alive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Muir masturbating

"Haha I can't wait to gun down the impoverished, I'm a good person"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grapplejack posted:

Why does Ramirez hate Christie, anyway? I thought he'd blow anything as long as it was team R.

Lots of rightwingers hate him for not calling Obama a niggercommie who caused the weather problems when the hurricane hit and a couple of other times he pretended he isn't a cartoon shitbird by saying 'yea this democrat isn't bad'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

colonel_korn posted:

Mike Lester knows what those blacks should *really* be upset about -- video of a two-year-old child cursing.

Haha

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/08/us/nebraska-swearing-toddler/

They literally lost their kid because he said naughty words, didn't that literal nazi who named their kid Adolph get to keep his?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god is he really going to do an arc where his Russian character brings his lady to go gun down protesters that mainly consist of very poor people who'd like not to freeze to death in the Ukraine?

I wanna be clear, this could be worse than Roosevelts because in the last one he blamed the 'killings and violence' on the protesters and not the corrupt government beating them to death.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Drawing a Jew going to hell is like drawing Jobs going to Heaven.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Actually the comic could be super accurate for (at least many) views of it if we're supposed to think the weights will be keeping him in Gehinnom for a very long time? Though that'd end in him going to heaven when he's free of them and I doubt Latuff would be a fan of that ending for him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there any particular reason that he died now, when he's been in a coma for so long? Did they decide to pull the plug now for some reason?

Renal failure. Being in a coma can be pretty hard on bodies, especially old, already sick ones.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hahahaha now this, this is the best tribute he could deserve.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mr Scoop posted:

That and the fact that Sharon's nickname was "The Bulldozer".

Yep, Sharon loved him some bulldozers, be they destroying homes, defiling graveyards, or murdering American activists, so one chucking him into the afterlife like rubble is fitting.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, the only Jewish group that, OFFICIALLY, faced trouble was the small group of ex-Jews who are now Christians, because, ya know, not Jews. They had options to convert but only to Orthodoxy and that's a pretty huge wall to climb.

CULTURALLY though, yea, being an African Jew isn't great in Israel, lotta bullshit racism going on that's pretty disgraceful to a nation that was founded by people in very similar circumstances to the African immigrants.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xander77 posted:

I posted that comic in the Political Cartoons 2014 thread, in response to an edit Rorus Raz did.

The comic is referring to Sudanese refugees, whom (according to Israel HaYom) we treat better than any other first world country.

Complete horse poo poo. Just because other countries treat them worse (maybe depending on the goalposts you use) doesn't in any way make it not a horrific human rights abuse to forcefully sterilize refugees. I know I've played this card already but given Israel's history it's kinda an extra level of disgrace to pull that poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like the equal standard between 'Christie investigated by a donor' and 'IRS investigated'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Didn't Bruce, the real man, draw comics insulting the judge who ruled on his case, and saying he should be removed from office?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fried Chicken posted:

Branco works for Beck's media shop though, so its a little hard to criticize him for kissing his boss' rear end in this economy

No he doesn't, that's the dude who did the 'I invented the cure for cancer' 'you didn't build that' 'GUESS WE ALL DIE THEN THANKS OBUMMER' comic. Branco's biggest audience is this thread because he's a nobody.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Randler posted:

Bors also linked the article he was taking offense to. I actually recommend reading that article, because I do not think it contains what Bors says it does. (Of course, I and Bors apparently have very different views. Bors, for example, considers Rall's work "good political cartoons". :v:)

That...isn't anything like what he said it is, yea. He has issues with a woman making it sound like if you just throw money and still not fully understood treatments at cancer it goes away, what an rear end in a top hat am I right.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
*foxnews.com

Signs of an awesome source.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

colonel_korn posted:

You had me going there for a good long moment. I actually had to check Tinsley's site to see if it ran.

gently caress, I got duped.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MisterBadIdea posted:

Where the gently caress did this come from? Even if you don't like MSNBC, what has MSNBC done to earn this? gently caress you, JJ.

His characterization of Chris Matthews isn't necessarily wrong though.

It has a black man and a lesbian disagree with him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

It's really hard to like this one. Berge frames it (on his blog) as Couric asking Carrera once, being told that the question was off-limits, and moving on completely, with Cox mentioning something about it when she came out. The reality is that she started off asking Carrera, Carrera pointed out how insensitive the question was, moving on, then pressing the issue when Cox came out. He really does seem to be bordering on "if you don't want people asking about your genitalia, don't come out as trans". He also glosses over the fact that Couric referred to her guests as "transgenders", talked about their transitions while introducing them, and even said "she was born a man and that's why she's on our show" about Carrera.

EDIT: Totally forgot - holy gently caress he actually used "having my junk cut off" as a synonym for GRS. What a shitlord.

The joke is that she should treat her like any other stupid puff piece female celeb interview though?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Nye is a big global warming study supporter but he's also a loving idiot about nuclear power which kinda makes an awesome 'wait what' situation.

"We need to move away from burning dangerous fossil fuels!"

"Cool, we should build more nuclear plants so we can do that."

"WOAH MOTHERFUCKER THOSE GIVE YOU CANCER AND ALSO CHERNOBYL!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

visceril posted:

Whatever I can understand being wary of nuclear and even being alarmist about it.

Do you really want the fuckups responsible for all of our fossil-fuel-related environmental messes in charge of way more nuclear plants, suddenly having a big interest in deregulating that industry?

Fact of the matter is, if we have to deal with private ownership of power generation, those assholes can do way less damage with a windmill or solar panel than they can with radioactive materials.

By this logic I'd be valid to say because private industries cut corners all those windmill blades will be fixed on with gum and double stick tape and are prone to go flying off any minute now.

edit: Reminder Bill Nye also is in the "The Fukishima meltdown will kill us all" camp, he's legit dumb as poo poo about nuclear power, you can be smart about one thing and dumb about another.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

rjryan3 posted:

Can you provide source for these claims? Because unless I see evidence it just sounds like you two are just upset that Bill Nye doesn't recognize the "brilliance of nuclear power".

For one he claims that cesium, a highly dangerous product of fission, is used to 'control reactors' which is basically as wrong as you can be about a thing and something anyone who's even Googled nuclear reactions knows. That alone should show he knows nothing about the issue.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/03/25/exp.nr.nye.dangers.leaking.reactor.cnn

Along with that he's claimed 'radiation sickness' is sweeping Japan because of the meltdown, which, again, is absurd.

He also says that the solution to Fukushima is to 'dump concrete on it like Chernobyl'.

He really has no clue about what nuclear power IS let alone has any authority on its safety.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VitalSigns posted:

Nuclear power needs to be in every DnD thread's Things We Can't Handle list.

Just make one list, things DnD can't handle: Disagreement.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

rjryan3 posted:

/\ I here ya.

Ok, so Bill Nye doesn't know a thing about nuclear power, I'll admit it. However, I find it very odd that you immediately dismiss visceral's point about how nuclear power is not a best option when a chemical plant in West Virginia that poisoned the water supply last week hasn't been inspected since 1991.

And Irradiation, did you have any evidence of Bill Nye being an anti-nuclear lobbyist, because so far it just sounds like CNN grab a person to talk about a subject they know nothing about because CNN are run by idiots.

Yea there needs to be good regulation, this is true for everything. Visceral's point was only a few steps from the 'guess we might as well not have laws' bullshit. Like yea, private companies can be lovely but so can the government, the issue is regulation and oversight not who's pulling the switch.

Also I have no issue at all with government run power production but that's a much more difficult fight I imagine.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cabbit posted:

I would imagine that a catastrophic wind accident would probably be far less destructive than a catastrophic nuclear accident, wouldn't it?

I dunno, are we going to enter into who can tell the best short story territory here? I imagine you get those blades flying you can make a chunk of the area look like Man of Steel just went through.

The point is that catastrophic nuclear failures are rare, and almost always caused by the government failing to regulate and protect. Private industry will cut corners, and it's the government's role to create rules and restrictions that mean when they do cut corners the situation is 'gently caress my power sucks this month' and not 'gently caress the plant is melting down, time to flee'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

R. Mute posted:

Hmm yes it's clearly the government's fault hmm yessssssss

No it's both party's fault you reactionary baby, but the government is the only one in the relationship with the ability to force their standards on the industry.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Correct me if I'm wrong but 'throwing eggs' would be a minor crime right? I thought you only got deported for felonies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Monkey Fracas posted:

I like how they feel like they have to character-assassinate (yes I can use that as a verb) the like only high-visibility liberal politician in Texas of all places. They really need to use underhanded tactics to keep that state under control, it's a verifiable political battleground!

She has them legitimately scared. Battleground Texas has been booming here and the Republicans had no loving clue that would happen. She still won't win, but she has the potential to really rally the troops and there's nothing that terrifies Texas Republicans more than the idea of blacks, women, and Mexicans all realizing 'wait we don't have to just accept this crap' at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stultus Maximus posted:

And there's a giant backlash against Jezebel for "body shaming" Lena Dunham. I do not understand the internet.

It's full of loving morons.

• Locked thread