Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Despite over two months passing since someone posted Galatianman, we've only missed three updates.

Also, you forgot Barry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

I'm also super pumped that the black gay santa is in the op. I think that was definitely the best reaction to that whole talking point.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

First edit of the year!

Now can someone make this zoom in endlessly?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

People really hate new lightbulbs, huh?

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 2, 2014

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, but those people DO exist, apparently in huge numbers. They also think FMJ is pro-war and Robocop is a movie about a robotic cop.

Yeah, isn't he a cyborg or something? Like Inspector Gadget!

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

That all you got, punk?
The real drybones starts here!

quote:

Starting the New Year with Doobie the Dog.
Labels: 2014, boycotts, Israel, Jews, New Year, Peace, Shuldig, War

quote:

For years I've used King Solomon and his adviser to represent the government of the modern Jewish State as it faces the modern reality.
Labels: Israel, Jewish, Jews, King Solomon, Optimism, Pessimism

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Also he scribbled in the scar.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

cafel posted:

One set of cartoons has scenes of brutal oppression, visual takedowns involving imperial or fascist iconography, women weeping in the street holding the bodies of the dead and dying, and valiant actions of resistance(also DBZ characters).

For reference (because I love this picture so much)
:nsfw: http://imgur.com/4eivoBF

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

XyloJW posted:

Let us know when Rall sues you.

He's too busy begging for money:

Time to Join? The Ted Rall Subscription Service posted:

Happy New Year!

This is the time of year when I ask readers to consider supporting the Ted Rall Subscription Service. You receive my cartoons, columns, freelance illustrations and everything else I do before everyone else, delivered directly to your inbox, for just $30 per year.

In addition, you can buy original artwork at discounted rates, as well as get copies of books, autographed, shipping free within the United States.

Click the link if you’re interested, and thanks for reading my work.

Also for reference, that giant subscribe picture is not a link on his page, just an image.

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 5, 2014

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Capntastic posted:

For all the poo poo Ted Rall does, selling his work to whatever fans he has isn't something that justifies a skewering.

He's charging 30 dollars for a subscribe button.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Homophobia!

Gosse!

Goatse!

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 5, 2014

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

zoux posted:

I really hate the smug tone of these "global warming, eh?" cartoons and their portrayal of people concerned about it as hippie fun-hating assholes. Look, I deeply wish global warming was a hoax. This isn't some justification we've created so we can be mad at SUVs and oil companies just because we hate them, it's worrying about the literal future of the human race.

I think it's illustrative of the difference of mindset between conservatives and liberals in a way, because conservatives often seem to be driven more by spite of the opposite side rather than true devotion to their own beliefs. And because that's the way they perceive the world, they project that same mindset onto their opponents.

Yeah, I'm reading the old Freep thread, and the poo poo that people are talking about for "Human Achievement Hour" is just disgusting.

Speaking of disgusting...

quote:

Deaf to our pleas for mercy and calls for decency and justice!
Labels: antisemitism, Jonathan Pollard, Obama, President

quote:

In the jargon of newspaper editors today's offering is called a "think piece." "
Labels: Double Standard, Israel, Jews, Occupation, Palestinians, Peace, Settlers, West Bank

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

MisterBadIdea posted:

Boy, that snowman is sure unhappy it's snowing.

Well, yeah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9inZ4tpcocA

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

JT Jag posted:

This is a bad idea.

Not as bad an idea as telling Dees about Kirschen. But still bad.

Speaking of Dees, I really like what he has on his bio page:

Gilchrist providing us with the rare political cartoon,

and something that I don't even understand

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Hey guys, you can keep discussing weed if you want to, but I'm going to post some pretty poo poo comics so maybe look at those as well?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

What did Christie even do with a bridge?

quote:

a nagging question.
Labels: Arabs, Israel, Jews, kerry, map, Negotiations, Palestine, Peace, Talks

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Remember me, Denny? When I killed my uncle, I talked just like this!

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

It's hard to Obamacare for a conservative brony.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Death Ray posted:

Hey Goonzies! Owing to my shadowy connections in the entertainment world, I am in the position of helping to judge who should win a prestigious award for editorial cartooning for the year just past, and the field is still wide open!

If anyone would like to post a favorite editorial cartoon that ran in 2013, I will consider submitting it to the relevant parties. Please include who the cartoonist is (the signature may not be clear), and where it ran, if you know. This award is also for particular cartoons, not necessarily the cartoonist themselves.

And, if you decide to participate, please remember that you should make your picks based on the cartoon's quality, not its ironic, eye-rolling shittiness. Please no Muirs.

Thanks for your help!

Black Gay Santa

Paul Berge

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

A spitting image.

Seriously, how can an editor look at this and say "Yup, we're paying for this." without feeling utterly incompetent at their job?

Because where else are you going to find a overly patriotic Israeli Jewish cartoonist?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

If there was any one cartoonist that I could somehow try and show how terrible they were, it would be Kirschen. Like, I want to be able to sit with him in a room, and tell him that he is advocating methods similar to Hitler and the Apartheid. Maybe its because I'm Jewish, but he really pisses me off, and seems to me like a great example of the problems with Israel.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

Terrible cartoon, until you realize it's a Barksdale. You can tell he's conservative because Christie looks simply obese.

Is that a gnome in the shadows?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Dog on a roof was a presidential election story. We are probably near capacity in Chris Christie on a bridge toons. Like, ten more at most unless new "Obama ate a dog"-esque details come out.

He used Hurricane Relief money to pay for a campaign ad? Or is that to minor to care about?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

I cannot wait until we get a cartoon about how the Times is anti-Semitic, but until then, have some regular poo poo.

ARF ARF ARF ARF

quote:

The obvious and the not so obvious.
Labels: Arabs, Israel, Jews, kerry, Negotiations, Palestine, Peace, peace process, Talks

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

loquacius posted:

I think there are now AIOs that actually do double as tablets, that have touchscreens and batteries and everything. So if you want a desktop-computer-like thing with less power that turns seamlessly into a friggin' gigantic heavy tablet that doesn't fit in your backpack, you're in luck. :v:

I gotta say this is a pretty good Jew joke. Jews make the best Jew jokes.

What did the Times say, though? I think I missed it. Did they write an actual honest eulogy of Sharon or what?

"There are lots of valid reasons that Pollard is in the slammer. He is a bad person."

E: I could be totally wrong on the newspaper. It was the article linked a page or so ago.

JaggerMcDagger fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 16, 2014

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

I tried digging up Barry's site to put him in the OP, but all I can find is a blogspot site for his crap when I swear he had a personal website.

God...am I really asking JaggerMcDagger to give me Barry-related stuff?

Now I know why Xylo has been slowly going mad :ohdear:

Barry's blogspot, which he never updates, is located at http://righthemispherelaboratory.blogspot.com/

Barry, by the way, is a wonderful human being who just wants to draw butts everywhere.
Here is a sample of his work!

The gopher, by the way, is named "Bubonic Bill", after the president of the time when he was created.
Barry has a Portfolio (Calling Mr. Beeg to Critique!), which he updates even less often, at http://www.righthemispherelaboratory.com/. It appears to be down, so maybe he didn't pay his dues or something.
I don't think he is dead, however, as I found this:
http://www.aboutfacesentertainment....re-artists.html
So if you are interested in hiring this wonderful man to give you a chin butt, you can for 140 an hour!

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

StarMagician posted:

Is this John Kricfalusi's evil political cartooning twin?

I don't think you can call him an evil twin, because as far as I'd heard John K was also pretty conservative. But yeah, he's pretty John K inspired.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Mister Beeg posted:

Oh yeah, it's definitely inspired by John K, except he manages to be even more ugly than his post-Ren & Stimpy work. (and no, I'm not critiquing it. Not touching it, no sir).

I can't say for sure what John K's leaning is (he probably doesn't have any), but he rails against political correctness a lot.

Is he friends with the Earthworm Jim guy at all? I feel like they would be buds.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Mannn shut up. It still bums me out to find out that TenNapal is a terrible person. :saddowns:

While it was taken down from the internet, he actually did somethings that might qualify him for this thread!
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/04/25/an-ugly-baby/

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

So I think Rall is using his blog to tweet or something?

Dude known for loving the poor and spreading peace asked to take meeting with very different dude posted:

Man who prolonged two wars, started two new ones, murdered thousands of innocent people with killer robot planes and presides over two torture camps wants to meet the pope. Well, this should be interesting.

http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/14/obama-wants-to-meet-pope-francis

NSA wins posted:

Consistent in his relentless drive to disappoint, Obama waters down already pre-watered-down NSA reforms, continuing American Stasi state that hates its own citizens. http://nyti.ms/1hocPfC

Obama Caught Trashing Environment posted:

Eager to sell out to corporations, Obama agrees to TPP trade agreement that guys environment, and allows “finning” – cutting off fins of sharks, then throwing them back in to die. If you doubted Obama is scum, here you are. http://nyti.ms/K0HzaP

Thomas Friedman out-Friedmans himself posted:

Hilariously and in just about the most tonedeaf writing exercise of all time, Thomas Friedman quotes at length from that mother of all clichés, the “you can’t take the truth” soliloquy by Jack Nicholson. Doesn’t the New York Times have editors? My editors would beat me to death with a rock if I wrote anything that hackneyed. http://nyti.ms/1amKN1Y

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Since these are usually based on actual news stories, what happened with Kate + eight?

quote:

The U.S. administration has stopped denying that there is a problem between it and the government of Israel.
Labels: Israel, Jewish State, kerry, Obama, Occupation, Palestine, Peace, Talks

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

I didn't realize you were into masochism...

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Mister Beeg posted:

Here are few more Prohias editorial cartoons I found:

"Comrade Nikita, here is a so called "Castro" asking if you fulfilled your promise and placed his statue next to Lenin in the Red Square."

(thanks, ElMaligno!)

If anyone bought the one massive Spy vs Spy collection that came out years ago, it has a whole bunch of these and more. Although that might be what your source is!

This one is probably the one that I remember the strongest. It's not particularly amazing, but the quote really stuck with me for whatever reason.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

The Crotch posted:

So... is there some sort of joke or pun or whatever with "Withdrawls" or did he actually manage to misspell the giant, red-text, all-on-its-own centerpiece of his cartoon?

Yeah, that's the man's drawls.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

A silent hill 4 cartoon.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

KillerJunglist posted:

Personally I see it as "Pot should be legal because gently caress the cops but no one should do it because gently caress you."

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Slate Action posted:

I think you're being a little unfair to Fox News; they'll throw in some "what difference does it make" too.

Don't you also get a lot of "Wow she looks like a bitch" whenever a female democrat runs?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Mister Beeg posted:

Yeah, MAD reprinted some of them in one issue.

What makes them different from other anti-communist cartoons done by US cartoonists is that Prohias really did live in a communist country when he drew those cartoons, and it got to the point that he had to flee the country.

Yeah, there's a great intro in the giant spy vs spy book talking about how people were pretty much chanting "Death to Prohias" before he got out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

Political correctness evolves and morphs into new fascistic controls on our language. ZPG (zero populations growth) used to be a politically correct goal. Then it became racist(??!?) and today you just don't hear the phrase.
Like the Religion of Peace.
Labels: Islam, Muslim, Peace, Shia, shiíte, Sunni, Syria, terror, War

Also...

Yaakov Kirschen, "Jerusalem Post" cartoonist, wins Bonei Zion award posted:

Longtime Jerusalem Post cartoonist Yaakov Kirschen, whose daily strip Dry Bones has run in the paper for four decades, won a 2014 Bonei Zion (Builders of Zion) Prize on Monday for his contributions to Israeli culture and the arts.

Kirschen, 76, was born in Brooklyn and contributed to such publications as Cracked and Playboy before making aliya in 1971 and beginning his run writing and illustrating Dry Bones in 1973. According to Nefesh B’Nefesh, a private organization that runs Israel’s immigration operations in North America and conferred the $10,000 prize, Kirschen’s work “has provided a quintessentially Zionist, satirical and unique view of Israel to the world.”

“I can’t think of an honor that I value more,” Kirschen told the PostMonday. The winners, each of whom was awarded the prize for “encapsulat[ ing] the spirit of modern-day Zionism by contributing in a significant way towards the State of Israel” in his or her field, are those who “fulfilled the Haggada’s injunction of ‘next year in Jerusalem,’” Kirschen said. “We are the people who took that seriously and came here and helped to build a society, and therefore, being recognized for what I tried to do for forty years makes me very happy.”

Jerusalem Post columnist and solar energy pioneer Yosef Abramowitz was also recognized by Nefesh B’ Nefesh for his work in the technology sector.

Calling Abramowitz “the founding father of Israel’s $20 billion solar market,” the aliya organization stated that the American immigrant “embodies positive and powerful hasbara (public diplomacy) as his efforts showcase Israel – and by extension the Jewish people – as a compassionate driven provider of renewable energy development for the betterment of the world.”
“It is a great honor to be recognized as a leading ‘technology entrepreneur’ in the Start-Up Nation,” Abramowitz said. “Anglo immigrants play leading roles in the continued building and transformation of the Jewish state. In that spirit, my wife Susan and I are contributing 10 percent of the Bonei Zion Prize for the benefit of refugee relief in Israel.”

“I want to congratulate each of the winners of the Nefesh B’Nefesh Bonei Zion Prize for their remarkable accomplishments and important contributions to the State of Israel,” Nefesh B’Nefesh cofounder and executive director Rabbi Yehoshua Fass said in a statement. “We hope that accentuating the achievements of Anglo olim will serve as a catalyst to inspire others to make aliya as well as highlight the achievements of these olim who are helping to make a difference to our homeland.”

Nefesh B’Nefesh also awarded the Bonei Zion Prize to four other Anglo olim for their contributions to Israel.

Leket Israel founder Joseph Gitler was recognized for his organization’s community and nonprofit achievements distributing discarded food to approximately 140,000 needy people each week. Rabbanit Malke Bina of Matan received the prize for revolutionizing women’s education in Israel. Prof. Jefferey Hausdorff, a professor at Tel Aviv University and Director of the Neurodynamics and Gait Research Laboratory at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, was honored for his contributions to science and medicine. Lt. Nira Lee was awarded for her leadership in the IDF coordinating humanitarian aid to Gaza.

Prof. Shimon Glick of Ben-Gurion University also received the Lifetime Achievement award.

The recipients of the newly launched Bonei Zion Prize were chosen by a committee who selected them out of a pool of over 200 nominated olim.

Each of the award-winners will receive $10,000 in a ceremony in Jerusalem sometime in the next two months.
-->
Labels: award, bonei zion, Dry Bones, dry bones haggadah, jerusalem post, jewish zionism, Jews, nefesh bnefesh

• Locked thread