Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The original "Dumb and so goddamn crazy" cartoon should probably go in the OP but other than that good work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

pee pee doo doo it is a bad network

What the hell does this even mean? The ACA will make your insurance cover skydiving accidents? Priggee had a stroke?

This is one of the worst political cartoons I have ever seen.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

Oh god the TSA is going to kick the baby.

It was definitely Obama who caused TSA overreach. Definitely.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Well we could use Beowulf but some fonts don't support thorn

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

It is Mecca. We just discussed this not even a page ago.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Mighty Stalker posted:

Welcome to Muirside
melcome to wuirside
ot comewel idesmuir

I think I love you.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

itskage posted:

Why are people complaining about that Rall other than the fact that's it's a Rall?

It's just a big old dealwithit.gif to people whining about legislative changes that are better for the environment. It is pretty much the exact opposite of all those goddamn CFL bulb comics.

I guess it does come off a bit dickish if you seriously are sympathizing with the adult guy that doesn't seem to realize that there are alternatives to plastic bags (further driving home the point that people are so uneducated about this stuff that intervention was needed).

Anyway I liked this comic.

:suicide:

It's a Rall so the assumption is that we're supposed to side with the idiot customer.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

foot posted:

Seems like it would be more efficient just to get in a sixty-shine.

This is a good post. Everyone should take some time out of their day to look at it. Thank you.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Sieje posted:

Kings are both in checkmate. Can't take out the Queen without being put in check with two pawns. Maybe a subtle commentary about MLKs infidelity and where he's being threatened by his queen, but if he got rid of her, there would be two others ready to pounce or maybe it's a bad cartoon and a worse chess game....

Pawns can't capture backwards.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

crowfeathers posted:

Can someone explain why suddenly the Sochi olympics are TERROR CENTRAL?

There were recently a string of threats to various governments such as Hungary from terrorist groups in the Caucasus.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The thing that bothers me most about the right-wingers getting angry about Cuomo's statements is the fact that...well, he's right. A conservative, tea-partier wingnut would have no shot in New York (outside of really local politics). Most of our conservatives are the "socially liberal fiscally conservative" sort in places like Westchester, Nassau, Putnam, and eastern Dutchess (basically rich white people who work in the city and have McMansions in the suburbs). There are a few more traditionally conservative counties up north but they're not terribly populated or nearly as right-wing as most other places.

So it's really odd to see all of them because they obviously don't actually know poo poo about New York itself, just that our Democrat governor said "New Yorkers don't really lean to the extreme right".

tl;dr gently caress.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Post 9-11 User posted:

"Tougher" as in "blatantly criminal." They are literally kidnapping people who lawfully own guns but happened to pass through a state where the Constitution is null and void. Law abiding citizens are having their homes invaded, tazered, and kidnapped by paramilitaries.

Once again, as a New Yorker you are an idiot. Please get some rest. When you wake up, you'll stop being a right-wing nutjob, okay? Good.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

There's also his lack of knowledge about color and composition and his complete idiocy when it comes to line weight.

Really, he's not a very good artist at all.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

That'd be rad as hell if he mentioned it, which he didn't. Why does this comic exist?

Please marry me, JRRose!.

Edit: Jesus Christ look at that guy's arm. This is my cartoon of the year so far

majormonotone fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 30, 2014

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Time for a Lester classic

WOMEN WEAR PANTS

MEN EAT QUICHE is probably the best thing Lester has ever written.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The Chairman posted:

It's a joke from a book published 32 years ago, based on the premise that it's simply laughable that a man would enjoy cooking, talking with his wife or trying new things.

I retract my statement. gently caress you, Mike Lester.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The Ape of Naples posted:

1969 was an insane year all around and I wonder what it was like to live through it.

Just so much as mention that to any baby boomer and they'll be more than happy to tell you all about it.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

seiferguy posted:

To be a true Kelly, the wife needs to be labeled "NAGGING WIVES", because the viewership is too dumb to know who she is.

(seriously though, this is great. You should submit it to Sutton as homage if it didn't violate the don't touch the poop rule)

Sutton's not poop. You can touch him all you want.

...hm.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I like how the numbers go up every time.

This is amazing.

Uh...A Good Cartoon? C'mon, Glenn, you're better than this. Where's the ridiculous trolling?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

FaradayCage posted:

If only Chief Sitting Bull would turn his book around, he could properly learn his C B A's.

Or is it A <flip the book over to continue reading the title> C B's?

Polyaph is such a hack.

I think we had a three-page derail about this once.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

As someone relatively new to the Politoons threads, what's the big deal with weathervanes anyway? Was there some great derail in the before time about weathervanes?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yes, don't talk about weathervanes. Or backpacks.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

JT Jag posted:

I don't remember the backpacks one. This was the last Things We Can't Handle list, as far as I remember:

Things we can't handle:
Weather vanes
Compasses
Food of any kind
Political Cartoons
Discussion about political cartoonists
Running jokes
'Ironic' use of running jokes
Sexual metaphors

Things we can handle:

You also forgot nuclear power

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The Narrator posted:

2,200-person survey published by the National Science Foundation. Check page 23 of the PDF.

For contrast, the EU respondents got the answer correct 66% of the time, India 70%, Malaysia 72% and South Korea 86%.

I like how the US actually did better than most other countries on a lot of them

The only legitimate use for an artist stand-in.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

If you didn't enjoy reading the pointless insufferably self-important nitpicking by social misfits about obscure subjects that nobody should ever know so much about, you wouldn't be a regular in this thread.
:c00lbert:

I'm going to be honest, this might be the most accurate post in this thread.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

And to think, all these years I've been told it wasn't a skirt. My life is a lie. (also this is a ruling that actually happened :stare:)

This comic is already outdated, as the Massachusetts legislature just made it illegal (it turns out that it just didn't happen to be illegal before).

I wonder if any other cartoonists prepared a cartoon about this for today and have to scramble to draw something e- haha no who am I kidding they'll just run it anyway

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

pkfan2004 posted:

Get off your drat high horse kid. You and I both know that they're gonna make them half-days or have you have a half-day on Saturday. If it's the latter then your parents are gonna be all "gently caress no my kids aren't going to school on Saturday, this is America and it's your spring break" so they're gonna call you in sick or something. poo poo. Actually that's one of the few things that legitimately makes me angry about the American educational system, the half-days during breaks if you gotta recoup lost days. You're sending the message of "yeah we think it's bullshit too so you're just gonna watch movies in class and not learn anything or whatever" and nothing gets done besides kid butts warming seats in classrooms for four hours.

Though I will cop to remembering when I was a whiny kid in middle school all mad that we were open because there were five inches of snow outside and we just had a delayed opening.

Is that a thing? When I was in school we had full days if we had to make up for snow days.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Why is net neutrality a bad thing?

Because it's against those poor, plucky cable conglomerations and hurts the magic of the free market~ :qq:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

God loving dammit Muir.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The Dark One posted:

Apparently chunks of upstate New York, Vermont New Hampshire and Maine are part of some mysterious new Canadian province.

I'm a geographer. If I nitpicked every map ever drawn in a political cartoon, we would be here a while.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Oh my god shut up shut up shut up

Heh.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

New Kelly

Edit: timg'd

This is probably a contender for one of the best Kellys ever made.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

beefart posted:

Jesus loving Christ... I will never talk poo poo about the postal service again. That's incredible that it got where it was supposed to.

The US Postal Service is the unsung hero of government. No matter what you mail, no matter how badly you gently caress up the address, it will get to where it's going.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

What the gently caress does this comic mean?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

New Bors.

It's pretty good.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm getting into it. How many entries do we want in the thread bracket form?

Do not do this.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Rorus Raz you are a perfect, beautiful human being.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Is Latuff saying we shouldn't do anything about Russia invading Crimea? Or is his "America Is Bad" overriding his giving a poo poo about marginalized groups.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Nckdictator posted:

Oh Jack Chick

I love this. :allears:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

bonewitch posted:

https://twitter.com/JustineTunney/status/445859450864558081

Notice that this thread started by her comparing people being mad about gentrification to a "techie pogrom".

I punched my computer screen. Eat the rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Mister Adequate posted:

Given the principles America was founded on it's understandable that there would be some concern about it, but given that we're going to have Warren/Sanders winning in 2016, I don't really see where the fear comes from.

I fuckin' wish.

• Locked thread