Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Send in the frowns :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
My favorite thing about Rogers is the way he draws the GOP guy's face.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

D.N. Nation posted:

Shut up, Allie.
I admit it, it being addressed to "Lowin Fovoter" actually made me chuckle.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I like this one, mostly for the implication that there were many other dinner parties that the Puritans also crashed, but then didn't end up making a holiday out of.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
DEPARTMENT OF

JUSTGETEVEN

oh god I laughed at a snafutoon

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

PassTheRemote posted:

And my favorite cartoon of 2013, because :drat:
Didn't he also put this one up at midnight sharp?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

rjryan3 posted:

Can you provide source for these claims? Because unless I see evidence it just sounds like you two are just upset that Bill Nye doesn't recognize the "brilliance of nuclear power".
Phoneposting, but if you just google "Bill Nye Fukushima" I think literally ANY of the first ten results will do it for you.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pththya-lyi posted:

Glenn Beck has finally been brought to justice
I thought it was 1990 he couldn't prove that he didn't rape and murder a young woman in?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The value for this debate is being better met by our side, under the criterion of "Catholic Faith". A Lincoln-Douglas Debate Cartoon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mister Beeg posted:

More vintage cartoons later, but I wanted to call attention to this Herblock cartoon that I overlooked.

I know we harp on cartoonists recycling old art, but here's an example done right:

:drat:

This is incredible.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I don't give a poo poo about snafu guy's politics. This is awesome.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Somehow, this is two snafus in a row I've at least chuckled at. I don't really agree with his politics at all, and usually he's not funny besides, but this is just like JRROSE! level work here.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Boy, I hope Tom Guycot leaves "This is true." alone, I actually enjoy how stilted and awkward that line is.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If only this was a comment about the dispersion of musical style and taste in the post-Nirvana Internet-enabled world, a sad reminiscence for the bygone era of the true superstar.

...aww, who am I kidding, that's subtle and nobody in this loving thread does subtle.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nyarai posted:

Wait, I think SMBC knows what you're talking about.

How did I miss this SMBC? It's perfect. That's actually perfect.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sefer posted:

I know that this is the least of the criticisms one could bring up when talking about Kirschen, but someone really needs to point out that if he tells us what LSW means in every post that he uses it, even in posts that he only uses it once, it's not a useful abbreviation.
I think he thinks of it more like a pet name.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tifosibella posted:

I'm pretty sure Jay Naylor has that market cornered. :barf:
I am aware of the name as an artist, does he have abhorrent political views too?

(and I swear I'm not into that)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
JRROSE! never fails to make me smile.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

corn in the bible posted:

Also this please.

Is he talking to a rabbi, or saying Dubya is a rabbi, or is he saying that there wasn't a "Holocaust rabbi"?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I enjoy how JRROSE! characters are always so happy to be in one of his comics.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tom Guycot posted:

... hardly an edit though...
I lost my poo poo at "ABRTION", somehow it's the simplest jokes that are the best.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cat Face Joe posted:

Mitch McConnell having a good time there.
He's really happy that their implant sales are following a breast-implant-shaped curve.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The only way this could be better is if he was wielding a pen and a phone. It's incredible as is, of course, but still.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh god that Putin face is like something from The Wall!!!!

:stonk:
Rogers draws such ugly people, it's incredible. Like, actually dictionary-definition, I cannot believe he drew that Putin... but I sure am glad he did.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Redeye Flight posted:

I could have sworn Michael Jackson didn't choose, though--he was naturally getting lighter due to a genetic disorder, hence his decision to go full-hog.
He claimed to have vilitigo universalis, I think his autopsy validated that claim. Been a while since I read about it, so I can't claim to have all the facts.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

furiouskoala posted:

EDIT: A legit good cartoon.

This needs to be quoted more. It's incredible. Absolutely amazing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is good. He made a joke, albeit a weak one, without throwing commentary all over it, in exactly four words and a completely reasonable drawing.

So what, Tinsley hiring a ghostwriter now, or broken clock right twice a day?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That IS supposed to be Clark Kent, right? Like, obviously?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

forbidden lesbian posted:

It's been five or so years since I took the SAT, so maybe my memory is wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember writing an essay for it.
It was mandatory after its introduction in... 2006?... but is now being made optional.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh Luckovich :allears:

Look at that wife's face!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
High School Barry Obama is some sweet avatar bait. Are people commissioning these? I can never tell with snafu.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mister Beeg posted:

I find it amusing that many people think most editorial cartoonists are conservatives.

Majority lean left (or center-left). Right-wing editorial cartoonists are actually a minority.

Zelder posted:

I think it's because this thread, as well as Something Awful in general, are almost comically left leaning.
Yeah, if you're calling them "center-left" I'm pretty sure that the word in my lexicon for that is "conservative". Can't speak for anyone else, obviously.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Somfin posted:

Dammit, Jagger, Bones is a doctor, not a psychologist.
I want off Dr. Bones' Wild Ride :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
SNAFU guy, you did good. If that Obama thought bubble had been packed with words, this would suck. As is, I got a chuckle out of it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ixjuvin posted:

All I can imagine is that the Only Action Congress are a team of superheroes and IMMIGRATION their greatest foe.
The team leader is JOHN MCPAIN

...actually goddammit I think I stole that from the horrible Obama Versus Zombie comic book bullshit that came out in early 2009 now that I think about it. Pretty sure his vice president was Sarah Paladin.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jagchosis posted:

"Ha ha ha get hosed you self righteous alcoholic piece of poo poo"

Also, is the guy on the left supposed to be Bill Nye? Pretty sure that's how After Eden drew him when they were upset over the creationist debate thing. Kind of ironic if it is, given how little of a poo poo these people give about climate change.
This came up before, it's Nye and... poo poo, I don't even know. Probably Dawkins on the right?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Hold on, isn't the yellow bubble Zed's color? Or waifu's or someone. Is the ATF guy going to become a main character?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

OldTennisCourt posted:

It feels like people in this thread feel bad about being so positive about Bennett so whenever he makes a merely okay cartoon suddenly he's stuck in a creative slump and he needs to take a month off.
Coming on the heels of that awful Thomas one, I can see why they'd think that. I don't agree, but that one was bad. And Bennett is not usually actively bad!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is metal as poo poo. I like that he kept the hair on the skull so we could tell it was Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
A Good Cartoon.

For once, Allie hit the nail on the goddamn head.

Wait, I'm supposed to disapprove of something in this, right? Whether Kerry accidentally saying what he actually believed or the media actually reporting on it?

• Locked thread