Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
made of bees
May 21, 2013
I feel like Shmorky's guide for making an Obama caricature should be there too, but that could just be because I liked it a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

made of bees
May 21, 2013
i'm pretty sure someone already did, and he threatened to sue for libel or something.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I feel like whatever it is SNAFU deserves OP status.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Has anyone made a gif compilation of all of Payne's bumper sticker cartoons?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Was there a particular cartoon where Kelly got fat and it stuck that way, or was it a gradual process? I just now realized he used to be a lot skinnier.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Doesn't Ted Rall hate all other political cartoonists too, unless they draw something offensive and get poo poo for it, in which case they're martyrs of free speech?

made of bees
May 21, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

Wait, Jews can't change their names now because we...need their telltale last names to keep track of who is Jewish?

I can think of a more...visual way to distinguish who are the Jews among us :godwinning:

I think it's more how he's ashamed of his heritage because liberals are the REAL antisemites. When in reality it was because of issues with his father.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Amarkov posted:

yup that's why he doesn't like obamacare, it's due to that he's fat. good job cartoonist.

Let me guess, he wants an actual public option?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Has Muir ever given any indication of caring about Christianity except as a "gently caress you" to Muslims?

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Deport The Irish posted:

As far as I can remember, the only times Muir has even given a poo poo about religion is when Obama is supposedly persecuting Christians again, something something Israel, or to give the finger to Muslims. I can't recall any of the main cast actually doing or saying anything that would confirm they themselves are religious.

This is more or less what I thought, yeah. But in fairness, it's not like these sort of people don't exist in real life. Hell, Muir is probably one himself.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I don't think we want that (metaphorical?) blood on our hands.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Edit: poo poo never mind

made of bees
May 21, 2013

QueerPope posted:

I know that it's from a few pages back but I'm just so loving embarassed to even be the same ethnicity as Kirschen. He's complaining about African immigrants to Israel even though a significant percentage of those immigrants are African Jews. It makes it so transparent how Israli racism isn't just about protecting Jews when it's directed at non-white non-Ashkenazi Jews as well.

Doesn't Israel generally not recognize African Jews as Jews? (Which is totally not racist)

made of bees fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 12, 2014

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I thought I remembered hearing that Law of Return was based on a definition of Jewish which just coincidentally excluded the major African Jewish groups.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

loquacius posted:

You might be thinking of the Falash Mura, which is a sub-subgroup of Beta Israel that converted back to Christianity in the 19th and 20th centuries. They're not Jews on account of literally not being Jewish, and if they want in they have to convert to Orthodox (which as a red-blooded American Reform Jew I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies).

Actually I think I somehow conflated Beta Israel with the Lemba, who might be Jewish but are disqualified by virtue of being patrilineal instead of matrilineal.

Xander77 posted:

I think I remember hearing that the Law of Return was written in the blood of Christian babies and/or cute puppies.

Oh poo poo who bought Adolf Kirschen a forums account

made of bees fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 12, 2014

made of bees
May 21, 2013

JaggerMcDagger posted:

If there was any one cartoonist that I could somehow try and show how terrible they were, it would be Kirschen. Like, I want to be able to sit with him in a room, and tell him that he is advocating methods similar to Hitler and the Apartheid. Maybe its because I'm Jewish, but he really pisses me off, and seems to me like a great example of the problems with Israel.

It helps that Antisemitism is an actual thing, and I'm sure growing up in America in the 40s and 50s he experienced it personally, I've just never seen him correctly identify it in a comic. Unlike Asay or Lester it seems like he should at least theoretically understand bigotry.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
What's the oldest "ANY DAY NOW" this thread has found, by the way? Considering Iran's nuclear program predates the Revolution I wouldn't be surprised if there were some from the very early 80s.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Besides, that's not as bad as his "national conversation on race? let's start with the knockout game" comic.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I think he was referring to Tinsley's DUI.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Does anyone know if that's Sutton voicing Kelly or someone else?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Do you guys ever think about just how much you know about Day by Day's old storylines, and cry?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Yeah, less than a quarter of Hawaii is white, and they're probably even more disproportionately wealthy than in the rest of the country, so it sorta makes sense they'd be a lot more Republican than the rest of the state.

Now I'm kinda wondering how the Hapa vote.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKHsGh-y8d8
EDIT: drat you, But Rocks Hurt Head

made of bees
May 21, 2013

ما؟

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Well, at least his eyes are open.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

In Canada far fewer people speak Spanish, and I've heard "Viva the ______" a fair bit. Maybe Americans know enough Spanish to say "Viva la revolución" or they just don't say it.

Canadians should know enough French to say "Vive la révolution", though.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Does anyone remember which cartoonist it was that would sometimes get copies of their own cartoons mailed back to them with insane right-wing ravings and occasional death threats scrawled on them?

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Does anyone have the URL of the "Any Day Now" Iran nuke tumblr?

http://seriouslyanydaynow.tumblr.com/

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Some of my more :freep: relatives talk a lot about Obama implementing Shariah. (Most of whom live in dry counties, support a constitutional amendment to define marriage, etc)

made of bees
May 21, 2013

There's no way this map is accurate, I know there are dry counties in Georgia (or at least counties where you can't buy liquor, which would be in yellow)

But the point is, yeah, there are dry counties, most of which I'm sure have people who are terrified of Shariah Law.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
It's Monday and we have the sexiest Kelly ever (as far as I can remember):

http://i.imgur.com/vOGMaEG.jpg possibly :nws: ? Has he ever done that before?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Yeah MEN EAT QUICHE is great, it's like something Stephen Colbert would list as part of the Gay Agenda.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Does anyone have a source for that Lester? My friend refuses to believe it's genuine and all I'm finding is a Cracked article.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

uh Dees this is kinda awkward but you forgot to replace one of your 'Jewish's with 'Zionist', you might want to fix that, don't want people getting the impression that you're antisemitic or something.

made of bees fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 5, 2014

made of bees
May 21, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Also I'm vaguely amused he spends more time bitching about what the States does instead of actual Israeli politics.

This is pretty weird, at least from an American perspective, now that I think about it. It seems like instead of calling anyone left of Likud traitors and terrorist sympathizers, he mostly just doesn't acknowledge their existence and acts like Israelis are 100% united in the cause of eradicating Palestine (unless they're black or Arab, I guess).

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I forget, what was the explanation for Rall's awful color palette? Because there's no way someone with full three-color vision can intentionally make the American flag look like that.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Is it just that you usually can't see any detail on Wormbama's face or are his lips a lot bigger in this one?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I'm not sure what the point is here. Does he just do a 'gently caress you' cartoon for every patriotic holiday? Not that I have a problem with that, it just seems like it'd get old.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

cafel posted:

Unsurprisingly it'll probably take the Native American community more than a few mean cartoons before the genocide of their people gets old.

I wasn't trying to suggest he get over it or anything, he has good reason to do a "gently caress you, America" comic 365 days a year. This particular one just seems kinda bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Do other Israelis care that much about Pollard or is his obsession weird even by Israeli standards?

• Locked thread