Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

kastein posted:

Learn to TIG weld
Kill off at least one more student loan, catch up on another, pay off remaining back bills (long story short, my finances were hosed for a year and a half, then I got an awesome job)
Super secret engine swap on ACEofsnett's truck
Harass Rhyno into buying an awesome old AMC and then putting some retarded drivetrain swap in it. Egg him and BoostCreep on in a race to the starting line.
Get the XJ up to snuff, new rear suspension, 5 speed swap, fix rust, rally raid the poo poo out of it
Maybe buy the rocky land behind my property and start planning a shop build. Who knows. I should probably finish my house first, but logic and reason never stopped me before.

(at least two of the following)
Hack the MJ back together, log at least another 30 seconds of flight time, collect more parts for its reincarnation
Get the 5.9 MJ project started for real
New engine and/or trans and/or tires/wheels/paint for the 5 ton, because I officially have less than a year until it's eligible for antique registration!

we miss you :(

1. nope
2. killed two, about to kill another :getin:
3. nope, both been too goddamn busy
4. I have failed, he bought a fuckin' miata :argh:
5. gently caress THAT THING (replaced it with a subaru, as I threatened to last time it broke. Subaru proceeded to break.)
6. nope.
7. bought a replacement rolling shell for it. Still collecting parts.
8. :lol: not even close, but I did collect more parts for it.
9. got the tranny, have an engine lined up but probably not going to buy it in time. Oh, and I don't have a garage the size of a small planet, so finding antique insurance for it has been difficult.

Man I punted hard this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

NitroSpazzz posted:

2014 Goals...
-Sell the 928
-Do 5 ChumpCar/WRL races, don't wreck the car
-Finish the E21
-Pull the rest of the stuff I want from the parts E21, scrap the rest
-Do all the maintenance I've been deferring on the TDI
-Sell the two project bikes and DO NOT pick up other project bikes
-DO NOT buy any more vehicles

Bonus Goal...
-Do a Below Zero driving school - http://www.belowzeroicedriving.com/

Super Bonus Goal...
-Build a shop

-Still have the 928
-Did 4 Chump/WRL races (missed one while overseas), I wrecked the car
-I finally STARTED on the E21, if the engine isn't shot it should be drive-able in a couple weeks
-Parts E21 is thoroughly gutted...the shell is sitting in my back yard
-Deferred maintenance continues to be deferred, it did get new tires though
-Sold two bikes (one project), bought a bike that I don't ride enough
-I own less vehicles now that I did at the end of last year!

Oh well, not as bad as I expected.

Bonus and Super Bonus...nope. I did do some laps on the Nurburgring and got to spend ~4 months in Germany though so that offsets things.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 1, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone posted:

Mazda2:
- Polish and seal it
- Oil change
- Maybe transaxle?

Miata:
- Retune
- A/B/C testing on different air intakes
- 225/45R15 Rivals
- Redo seats
- BBK
- AIM Solo

Misc:
- Look into getting a tow vehicle
- Look into slicks
- Try to do a bunch of Chump Car races

Mazda2:
- I did polish and seal it
- Did an oil change or two
- It also got hit
- I'm also getting rid of it within the next 4 months

Miata:
- Didn't get a tune
- Didn't do any intake testing
- Did buy the Rivals, though
- Redid one of the seats, and I'm going to fix the passenger seat when I get it back
- Did do a BBK
- Downloaded RaceChrono instead

Misc:
- Tow vehicle? Lololol
- I looked at some slicks (Maxis RC1s are out), but I'm going to stick with street tires
- I volunteered to be the crew for a bunch of Chump races and now have my own team
- Oh yeah, like 30lbs down so far this year; going to swing for 10lbs lost in 31 days

I hit most of mine. :unsmith:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

You're the best.

For me:
1. Get the subframe cleaned, painted, and reinstalled in the Nova.

2. Acquire and install new brakes on the Nova.

3. Fix the ABS light on the Mustang.

4. Reinstall engine in Nova.

5. Reinstall (hopefully) fixed speedometer in Nova.

6. Start buying suspension parts for the Nova.

7. Get that motherfucker insured and start driving it.

1. DONE.

2. Mostly done. This snowballed into "buy and rebuild a rear end so I don't have to move the brakes once I get it done down the road." The only actual parts I still need are rear rotors, so that's something.

3. Ha. Nope.

4. 'Nother nope.

5. Speedo is fixed, but still sitting on my table in the house.

6. Replace "suspension parts" with "rear end parts" and I pulled this one off.

7. Ugh.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Go a year without buying or selling a car.

Boom, headshot.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Tommychu posted:

Get some kind of 4x4 because with no more race track everyone I know is wheelin' now and I'm kinda missing out. (yeah "cause everyone else is doing it" is a bad reason to do something, but it's also something I've been meaning to do for years, and when all your petrolhead friends switch disciplines it kind of impacts your social life a bit)
Check.

quote:

Buy this shithole condo I'm renting so I can work up enough equity to get a garage (with detached house)
I said that? lol... anyway I'm saving a shitload but I'm going to skip the 'buy this place' step.

quote:

Aaaand figure out what the hell to do with my half-finished track car.
Parted out and scrapped.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Brigdh posted:

Exercise some more. Maybe get into a bit of detailing stuff. Put some data acq in the RX-8.

Well, look at that. 3 out of 3. Setting a low bar for success really works out

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift posted:

-Finally fix the subaru
-Learn to paint well
-Paint everything.
-buy a classic japanese or german car
-Actually sell a car i buy with the intention of selling.

-Subaru was written off :(
-I can paint well! http://i.imgur.com/R5DKWf4.jpg http://i.imgur.com/jIzKvha.jpg
-I painted stuff, that counts. http://i.imgur.com/b6PRO7F.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vrv93IA.jpg
-Didn't buy any cars this year, i guess there is still december though....
-Didn't sell any cars this year either. failed that one too.

2/5 ain't bad.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Slow is Fast posted:

Spend less on ca.... ahahahahahahahah

Finish the New England Forest Rally again this year and be more competitive on coilovers instead of blowing up suspension after 40 miles.

Move forward with building a house/shop.

Spend less on cars... Kinda? I spent more than I would have liked but poo poo is reliable and on good tires, bought some vanity stuff for the wagon but you know what, I really like where the car is at now and don't need to spend more on it any time soon. If anything does go wrong it's a junkyard trip and a few hours worth of work to fix it.

Finish the New England Forest Rally again. :( Didn't manage to pull that off, but we WERE more competitive definitely. Multiple people came up to me and said we were much faster visibly than last year. Suspension held up great if a bit too hard.

Move forward with house/shop poo poo. I got a ball park mortgage #, looked at some places by myself, took a first time home buyer class, have a realtors #. Will probably get aggressive in the spring.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

goatse guy posted:

1. Upgraded suspension and more exhaust bits for my WRX.
2. Detail the hell out of my WRX and hopefully make up for a year's worth of neglect.
3. Autocross more to learn the limits of my WRX.
4. Resist the urge to buy more lovely project cars. No Miatas, no E28s, and certainly no cursed Mk2 Jettas.

Well, none of that happened because I spent most of my summer recovering from various catastrophes and now the WRX is parked until I can resolve some title issues.

My goal for 2015 is to resolve those title issues and get the WRX back on the road or get rid of it.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

ssjonizuka posted:

Basically, sell the 08 Fit and 08 LGT and buy an 08-09 4runner v8 sport/limited awd from somewhere down south and drive it home. Not a hard thing, and it WILL have to happen, but drat if I'm not already looking forward to it. :getin:

Ugggg, one for three.

Sold the fit. the LGT is hanging around for a bit as backup driver and decided to pass up on the 4runner because we ended up buying a new place and spent all the monies doing it.

Slow is Fast posted:

Move forward with house/shop poo poo. I got a ball park mortgage #, looked at some places by myself, took a first time home buyer class, have a realtors #. Will probably get aggressive in the spring.

poo poo, as mentioned, just went through this again (house #2) - so if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 1, 2014

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

BoostCreep posted:

My goal this year is to get the engine in my Bricklin and have it running and driving. I bought a set of motor mounts off ebay that should be able to help with that, so hopefully it'll happen sooner than later.

I failed. eBay mounts didn't work so I made my own. Car isn't running or driving yet, but at least the engine is bolted in the car.

I did get a bunch of other poo poo done though. There should be a year end wrap out thread for what we actually did get done over the year.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Nope

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Stop buying rusty ones.
As per answer to #1, yes!

gently caress 2014.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Adiabatic posted:

Buy this guys E30 and celica alltrac

:smith:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Yukon XL:

1. Acquire a set of 17" stock rims
2. Tires with grip for said 17" rims
3. Ditch these loving 20" rims.
4. Run/drive as normal.
5. Keep it clean.

Range Rover Classic:

1. Better garage space
2. deep clean the poo poo out of the interior
3. fix the rear fender panel and paint to match
4. charge the AC with R152
5. Other misc poo poo
6. sell and profit!

Myself:

1. Better garage space
2. A welder

Yukon is sold
Rover got the interior cleaned. That's it... mostly just misc bullshit.
I do have a garage but it still to small.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

blk posted:

Career switch (have an interview for a paid internship next week).

Move back to my favorite city if internship turns into job.

Buy a house if I'm happy at said job.

Buy Miata or MR2 Spyder.

Take a performance driving class at PIR.

Working on the career switch; it's proving to be very difficult.

Did pull off the move, but am still working in my old city 2-3 days/week.

Haven't bought a house but am ready to do so when I get a new job.

Bought a Miata, whee.

Performance driving class will happen in 2015.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Holdbrooks posted:

Build an Exocet with a turbo v8 from the truck
Repower the truck with supra parts
Put the powertrain from the STi in the outback
Finish the STi track build
Probably sell the cop car
Pay off the remainder of the motorcycle

Not to bad...

I'm on track with the Exocet
Haven't done poo poo with the truck
Put a big rear end wing on the STi and did some autocross
Haven't touched the outback.
Still thinking about selling the cop car or trading it in whe the new truck gets here in a couple weeks.
Paid off the motorcycle as planned and more student loans.

That's like 50%

But I did get a better job in the city, buying a new truck to tow the cars around, and met some good people.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Cat Terrist posted:

NY resolutions are GBS 2.1 kinda dumb (PERSONAL OPINION!!!)

That said - wouldnt mind getting that H6 and begin stuffing it into the WRX. That takes a back seat to doing an Ironman later in the year. That's going to take a LOT of time to train for, esp in that I cant run for poo poo. (Cycling and swimming, got that nailed)

Plus spending lots of money of cycling. Good bikes and wheels are expensive!

Yeah didnt even start on the WRX but I nailed the rest of it.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Negromancer posted:

Buy another aw11, get rid of my e30 and celica alltrac.

Adiabatic posted:

Buy this guys E30 and celica alltrac

You still have time! I failed on both parts, but the e30 is on cl at least. Had to move to a new house without a garage so the alltrac is sitting at a friends place.

Though I did get engaged! After ~5 years of dating I figured it was about time. Sadly the whole wedding thing and trying to buy a house will probably keep me from buying any cars. Tho aw11's are pretty cheap.....

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Galler posted:

I would like to buy a house garage with attached living space by the end of 2014 but depending on how things go starting the search for a house by the end of 2014 might be more realistic.

Option #2 it is. Actually looking at houses to get a feel for what is out there and will probably be buying something in the next 7 months. Possibly sooner if I can take advantage of the first time home buyer program, but I'm not going to rush this since I can take my time and get what I want.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Make a list of things to get done on the 240SX, get it running and do at least a track day with it at VIR. - haha nope. Took drastic steps to get it moving.

Keep the Mazda 3 clean. ehhhh doing ok on this.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

EightBit posted:

1. Actually put a bigger lift on my TJ, along with the SYE/double-cardan driveshaft that that mod will require

2. Maybe get an economical DD :v:

3. Sell body parts to buy tougher axles for the jeep, I'm not putting one dime into the D35/30 that are on this thing

4. Fix the exhaust leak/CPS tapping I wouldn't know what to do if the 4.0 stopped making weird noises

I managed to do number one, and that's it :effort:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

jammyozzy posted:

Peugeot stuff:

1) Buy a proper tool chest ASAP because dragging my old plastic toolbox around on the floor sucks absolute poo poo.
2) Rebuild the front suspension & wheel bearings to take care of some issues.
3) Get around to actually replacing all 4 injectors insead of just 1.
4) Throw a roof rack on top so I don't have to keep wedging muddy bicycles inside the poor thing.

Boring poo poo, but I need my workhorse to keep on chugging away to get me to work and trolley mountain bikes out to the woods at the weekend. Plus today I got my first ever car insurance quote for less than the declared value of the car, we're off to a better start to this year already. :)

*E* Turns out the wheel bearing I thought I could hear was some weird tyre noise, threw my winter tyres on today and it's gone. :confused:

1: Done! Although some changes in my living arrangements means I got about 6 glorious months of a garage with a tool chest in it before it got relegated to my new spare bedroom. :sigh:
2: Not done! Got an advisort r.e. front suspension bushes but still passed so, ya know. The noise I thought was wheel bearings hasn't re-appeared, but I'm deaf as poo poo so maybe they're just squealing at a different pitch.
3 & 4: Pffffft no.

Bonus: My insurance premium has come down again but I think has overtaken the actual sale value of the car again. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Larrymer posted:

Be content with the car I have (2013 Sonic Turbo) and not sell it after a few months to buy something else (and repeat over and over again).

I've gotten away from fun and fast cars and it sounds like my chumpcar team (only did 1 race) is disbanding this year. I'd like to get back into track days eventually. I'd just like to have a garage and tow vehicle first. That can wait another couple years, I hope.

I kept the car and am still enjoying it! I didn't buy a fun car this year which is good (bought one every 6 months to a year for 2-3 years, got bored, sell, repeat, profit). The Sonic isn't the most sporty fun car I've ever had, but it isn't bad, either. It's a great DD and despite the little turbo engine's potential for more power and such I haven't modded it. I took it to one track day at the local track and didn't swap a drat thing (brake pads, fluid, etc) and it was flawless (besides the one front tire I nailed a cement apex marker with and bubbled the sidewall...). Brakes have a little less initial bite than they used to but otherwise it fared well and wasn't even the slowest thing on track :). I didn't plan to track the car but it was $75 for like 4 sessions and I couldn't resist. I don't like the idea of tracking a DD so I probably won't do it again until I have another car.

Still no garage or tow vehicle and attached track car. I'm buying a house and garage this next year though, and maybe a project car if I'm lucky and not house poor.

2015 :allears:

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

tobu posted:

This year my car is going to require some care as its coming up on the 150k KM mark.

It needs a full gearbox service, new alloy radiator, new rotors and a new drivers seat.

This year I will also be ignoring the fact that the paint has just turned to poo poo. Especially, where I got the bonnet repainted a few years ago. The paint on the bonnet is coming off in fingernail sized chunks.

Gearbox service done and a new allow radiator is in. Not so much work done on the rotors and the drivers seat.

I'm still ignore the paint.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

leica posted:

I need to get my Miata up to par maintenance wise, it needs a ton of poo poo done. and if I can afford it I'd like to add a Ground Control setup.

Water pump is still leaking lol.

Managed to get a set of Konis for it though, just need the GC sleeves now :unsmith:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Are we going to have a thread for 2015? Because I think mine will be "don't destroy another American car"

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Das Volk posted:

Are we going to have a thread for 2015? Because I think mine will be "don't destroy another American car"

Feeling ambitious are we? :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Das Volk posted:

Yeah, I'll start one in January. And you can only take that one on if you actually still have one. :colbert:

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

The biggest thing for me is get some enthusiasm back into my car life. I've been sitting on the sidelines after the Lotus passed and I need to get back into it. Work is stable, I just moved to a new place, and I can finally focus on getting back to things that, from an automotive perspective, make me happy. It will probably look something like this:

1. Consolidate the fleet down to one car.
2. Empty wallet.
3. Start doing track days again.

I just moved to Colorado so the Boxster Spyder has to go. I also bought a 2004 545i with a 6-speed last year that I want to sell. If I'm going to force myself to have one car, it's not going to be a lazy German highway cruiser.

Since Colorado actually gets all four seasons I'm looking at something turbocharged and AWD. The two main contenders are an Audi TT RS and a 997.1 Turbo. Given the warranty and 15k price difference, I'm favoring the Audi at the moment.

1. Done.
2. Nope.
3. Nope.

When I wrote that post I had a Porsche and BMW. Now I have a Subaru. So yes on the turbocharged AWD but no on the TT RS or 997.1 Turbo. Saving up for something awesome in 2016. The 997.1 Turbo has seriously dropped in price though. They were in the low 70s in January and I'm seeing some go for mid-high 50s.

Fun story when I was buying the STI: My salesman had to ask why I looked depressed filling out the paperwork. I should be excited buying the fastest Subaru they sell! I explained what I just came from and he said, "Oh."

Also, gently caress high mileage BMWs. That 545i was the biggest pile. I had a mountain of records from the PO with about $10k in recent work and it still managed to fall apart when exposed to cold weather.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Mat_Drinks posted:

For 2014 I resolve to:
1. Finish the living space and bathroom in my basement so that when I'm working on my cars and need to take a leak I don't have to go upstairs, outside, or in a can. I'll also have a shower to wash away the shame of my unfinished car projects.
2. Learn to TIG weld and apply this new skill to cool projects (2002, workbench, mailbox, etc).
3. Improve the 2002... It won't be 'done', I just want some solid progress.

1. Friday the shower door company is coming to measure my new downstairs shower for a door. If all goes well I'll be washing this horrible, horrible shame off of myself soon. With Gojo. Carpet is on order and being made in North Carolina.
2. See #1
3. See #1

The year isn't over yet though, I still have a few long weekends to make progress! I hope! :ohdear:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 279 days!)

Welp, 0.5 of 4 isn't all THAT bad.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

StormDrain posted:

Buy an impractical daily driver.
Get the IH pickup sitting level with fresh springs.

I bought a practical daily driver.
Still have not visited the spring shop. I blame both on having to work out of town.

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006

pr0craztinazn posted:

Trade the Prius in for a Fiesta ST, preferably the one I ordered.
Sell all the parts I have for vehicles I no longer own.
Move the E30 from storage to my new place and yank out the destroyed M50.
Either pay someone else to swap in the M50B25Tu I have sitting around or set time aside to do it myself.
Fix and sell my R6.
Sell the F250.
Don't buy more vehicles.
Do more track days.
I did get the Fiesta ST, just not the one I ordered; it was one of the few automotive things I did right this year.
Only notable things sold were my BBS RX203s. I still have miscellaneous parts from my old FC, AE86, E36, and E46 floating around.
I didn't move the E30; I bought another one that was built the way I wanted to already.
Still have the R6 and the F250.
Nope, bought the S52'd E30.
I'll say no, since tracking the daily driver was not part of the plan.

Way2slow
Sep 14, 2007

Not a Miata!

Way2slow posted:

Finish the XKE, pick up an ATS-V if available this year, sell the Typhoon and Solstice.

E-Type is still in the body shop :(
ATS-V not out.
Typhoon and solstice not sold (mainly because ATS-V isn't out, and I can't replace the solstice with the jag since it isn't done).

Failed.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Leroy Diplowski posted:

- sell the van, and all 3 of the volvos
- get my wife something with AC for the new baby
- do something about the absurd pile of parts in my garage that no one wants
- weber swap and general cosmetic fixin' up of the honda

- Sold Van
- Sold 1 of the volvos and traded the other 2 for one really nice volvo.
- Gave a bunch of the parts in my garage away and sold some too. Still have too many parts.
- Got my wife an 855R with cold AC
- Did not do a weber swap on the honda. The valve seals started to go and I sold it for $300 less than I paid for it.

Overall not too shabby. I have a more ambitious AI year coming up in 2015, but I'll wait for someone to make that thread.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Octopus Magic posted:

1) Hit 400 AWHP
2) Do at least 3 track weekends without having to work on the car every weekend.
2.5) Only drop the transmission once this year. :sigh:
3) Actually enjoy the car instead of hating it with every fibre of my being.
4) Repaint it and get the front bumper mounted better.

I'm going to guess I'm going to hit at least ONE of those goals. I hope.

1) Hit 386 AWHP, so nope.

2) Did one track event and the car did horribly. nope.

2.5) Dropped once but had to rebuild the entire thing, so i'm going to say no.

3) lol no

4) Still no paint. Bumper mounting still sucks.

Whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylineboy08
Nov 12, 2010

skylineboy08 posted:

1.) Struts, Turbo Rebuild, Tuneup on this drat neglected turbo volvo
2.) see how cool i can make my versa (i already know this will fail)
3.) rebuild the front end of my dad's buick.

1.) went pretty well, i just need to finish some piddly bullshit and sensor replacements
2.) I made it cool by trading it in with a grindy third gear and getting a 2011 genesis with 25k miles. A Miata still would have been cooler
3.) This Buick got a full front end rebuild and a bunch of other stuff is now the littlest, most bad rear end land yacht on the planet :3:

I wonder what money pit I can vomit greenbacks into in 2015 between saving for a wedding and a house down payment. I almost got a 76 Lincoln Continental that had lived in the garage for the last 25 years shipped from Michigan but the bastard never responded to a cash in hand offer.

• Locked thread