Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Learn to TIG weld
Kill off at least one more student loan, catch up on another, pay off remaining back bills (long story short, my finances were hosed for a year and a half, then I got an awesome job)
Super secret engine swap on ACEofsnett's truck
Harass Rhyno into buying an awesome old AMC and then putting some retarded drivetrain swap in it. Egg him and BoostCreep on in a race to the starting line.
Get the XJ up to snuff, new rear suspension, 5 speed swap, fix rust, rally raid the poo poo out of it
Maybe buy the rocky land behind my property and start planning a shop build. Who knows. I should probably finish my house first, but logic and reason never stopped me before.

(at least two of the following)
Hack the MJ back together, log at least another 30 seconds of flight time, collect more parts for its reincarnation
Get the 5.9 MJ project started for real
New engine and/or trans and/or tires/wheels/paint for the 5 ton, because I officially have less than a year until it's eligible for antique registration!

sharkytm posted:

1. Work more normal hours (never gonna happen)
2. Be more patient
3. Sell/give away lathe
4. Maintain my vehicles a bit better
5. Keep plugging away on the house and garage, install new gas heater before spring
6. Fix wife's boat
7. Sell civic
8. Simplify
Edit:
Do more metal working
Go to more #neai meets
Prep for three months in the sandbox (departing sometime in May)

we miss you :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fart Pipe posted:

Get the 56 running. That's it.

If you don't I will sneak in sometime in January 2015 and EFI swap it :unsmigghh:

(If that isn't motivation, I don't know what is.)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

It's a 242ci inline 6 right, I know how to deal with those. I'll use RENIX just to make sure it works :banjo:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

kastein posted:

Learn to TIG weld
Kill off at least one more student loan, catch up on another, pay off remaining back bills (long story short, my finances were hosed for a year and a half, then I got an awesome job)
Super secret engine swap on ACEofsnett's truck
Harass Rhyno into buying an awesome old AMC and then putting some retarded drivetrain swap in it. Egg him and BoostCreep on in a race to the starting line.
Get the XJ up to snuff, new rear suspension, 5 speed swap, fix rust, rally raid the poo poo out of it
Maybe buy the rocky land behind my property and start planning a shop build. Who knows. I should probably finish my house first, but logic and reason never stopped me before.

(at least two of the following)
Hack the MJ back together, log at least another 30 seconds of flight time, collect more parts for its reincarnation
Get the 5.9 MJ project started for real
New engine and/or trans and/or tires/wheels/paint for the 5 ton, because I officially have less than a year until it's eligible for antique registration!

we miss you :(

1. nope
2. killed two, about to kill another :getin:
3. nope, both been too goddamn busy
4. I have failed, he bought a fuckin' miata :argh:
5. gently caress THAT THING (replaced it with a subaru, as I threatened to last time it broke. Subaru proceeded to break.)
6. nope.
7. bought a replacement rolling shell for it. Still collecting parts.
8. :lol: not even close, but I did collect more parts for it.
9. got the tranny, have an engine lined up but probably not going to buy it in time. Oh, and I don't have a garage the size of a small planet, so finding antique insurance for it has been difficult.

Man I punted hard this year.

• Locked thread