Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«82 »
XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

shouts out to squirrel2nuts's mom

Australian politics is strange and confusing. Discuss.

XyloJW fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2014 around 04:36

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

ewe2 posted:

IRC UP #auspol on synIRC and because some of you don’'t know how to bookmark URLS here’s the IRC webclient link!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT IRC

If you're thinking about joining us on #auspol, let me explain a few things so you aren't surprised:

• We have a word filter for certain gendered insults and occasionally words that are overused for trolling. A synirc services bot will detect these words being used and kick you. We do not apologize for this and will not change it, so don't bother complaining. And just to clear this up, this is my (ewe2)'s policy and not some random event. If you don't like it, go away. The bot will also kick for repeating phrases and will ban you for flooding.

• We STRONGLY SUGGEST that you register your nick with Nickserv so we can add you to the voiced list. To do so, just

code:
     /msg nickserv help register 

where you normally type text, and the nickserv bot will explain what to do. The simple way to do it is:

code:
     /msg nickserv register <password> [email] 

The email part is optional.

• Once you've registered, message one of the ops so we can add you to the list. Once you're on the voiced list, if we need to moderate the channel to cut down on the chaos, you will be able to take part in conversations. We can't just voice everyone all the time, so this is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Once you're added, you must

code:
     /msg nickserv identify <password> 

when you join IRC to get voiced in our channel! It's a good idea to test all this out for yourself.

• In some cases we may need to ban those intent on disrupting the channel. The reasons should be obvious, and follow the same basic guidelines as SA itself.

XyloJW fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2014 around 02:06

rudatron
May 31, 2011

Nah.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

His Excellency the Honourable Bunyip Potentate

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

Another year over, I was hoping to wake up today and Australia 2013 be a nightmare but no.

Regardless I spent NYE 2013 partying it up with the bourgeoisie at vue de monde here in Melbourne. Nice view of the fireworks but I feel like what liberal voters must feel like now

Captain Pissweak
Oct 9, 2012

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE MENTALLY ILL TO BE A LEFTIST, BUT IT HELPS!

seriously BB get therapy

Somehow this OP is still better than every Mills attempt.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

I'll actually put stuff in the OP if you guys want. Just PM it to me.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

I'm kind of mad. I had an alarm set up to remind me to write up and post the OP for midnight Canberra time, but my phone died and I couldn't find my charger, so I forgot.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Screams from the haters,
got a nice ring to it
I guess every superhero
need his theme music

I believe you.

Shadeoses
May 31, 2011

THE ARKH PROJECT IS AN EFFORT BY SOME QUEER PEOPLE OF COLOR TO MAKE A 3-D RPG THAT RUNS OFF THE BEATEN PATH.

die cis scum

Once again the state-mandated OP standards have failed. How long must we endure this Labor waste before we return to a pure and free private marketplace of OPs?

beetroy
Sep 13, 2002

dear athetits
if GOD dont exist s
how me a beet learned english?

XyloJW posted:

I'll actually put stuff in the OP if you guys want. Just PM it to me.

A summary of what happened last month.

Thanks.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

"The Liberal Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Chairman has dissolved the Upper House permanently."

I think you'll find that's in the second post.

nyerf
Feb 12, 2010

An elephant never forgets...TO KILL!

Tas Greens are meeting soon to discuss mining policy for the state. I'm really interested in finding out more about how the Greens approach the topic of mining here, since it's such a divisive issue- people are desperate for jobs, and the general culture/media tell them all the money is in mining, and for a lot of people the biggest barrier against voting Greens is the resistance against mining.

So Auspol, how would you guys approach it? Personally I don't think it's worth the environmental damage in the long term, and lately there have been rumblings that underground operations are NOT as strictly controlled wrt safety as they should (two men recently basically killed themselves in a mine shaft because of being idiots and not following regulations, as told to me from someone who worked with them) so that could be a good sticking point to help counteract the desperation surrounding job provision here.

beetroy
Sep 13, 2002

dear athetits
if GOD dont exist s

Mine talent and export it to the mainland for X factor.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

hambeet posted:

A summary of what happened last month.

Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about your head wound that causes you to confuse PMs and posts. We all wish you a speed recovery.

beetroy
Sep 13, 2002

dear athetits
if GOD dont exist s

XyloJW posted:

I'm sorry to hear about your head wound that causes you to confuse PMs and posts. We all wish you a speed recovery.

I'm pming you an angry and witty retort that I'm only talking about here so people know how burned you were.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Screams from the haters,
got a nice ring to it
I guess every superhero
need his theme music

I deleted snapchat because hambeet was harassing me.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

XyloJW posted:

We all wish you a speed recovery.
Speak for yourself, humbutt keeps making better jokes than me and is therefore my nemsis

rudatron
May 31, 2011

horgborg stop the posts

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Speedy. Evan Williams LLC and Apple Corporation conspired against adjectives.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Auspol January Edition OR How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The BOM

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Coles have started selling hot cross buns - get on that poo poo this morning.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Hot cross buns are terrible, any food with raisins in it should be banned for all eternity

Captain Pissweak
Oct 9, 2012

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE MENTALLY ILL TO BE A LEFTIST, BUT IT HELPS!

seriously BB get therapy

Aren't those for Easter or something.

Isn't Easter in like midyear.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

TheIllestVillain posted:

Hot cross buns are terrible, any food with raisins in it should be banned for all eternity

Agreed but fruitless hot cross buns are wonderful. We live in a secular society; I should be able to have them all year round

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

Have you accepted the loving embrace of Braith?

Team Anasta

I went to the Southbank fireworks last night and there were 2 international students in front of me. One went to find her friend who was at the ferris wheel and disappeared, I think she might have been arrested as part of Can Do's war on bikies.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

"You dont mess with the matters of the wombat the end of the day it is still murder."

Hot cross buns should be sold year round.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

100% AEROBIC COMPOSTING NO-FLUSH NATURAL POSTING
-------------//--------------

Well this has been a great content filled start to the new thread.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...9-1226793041044

quote:

LAST year saw the lowest number of people die on NSW's roads for almost 90 years, the government says.

But, while the number of pedestrian deaths is the lowest since records began in 1928, cyclist fatalities have doubled since 2012.

NSW Minister for Roads Duncan Gay on Wednesday said the 2013 NSW road toll was the lowest since 1924 with provisional figures indicating 339 people were killed, down from 369 in 2012. "While fewer fatalities is encouraging, that still means 339 people do not get to spend the new year with friends and family, and their loss will be felt by everyone they knew as we start 2014," he said in a statement. Centre for Road Safety general manager Marg Prendergast said the toll was not only the best since 1924, but also down by more than a third from a decade ago, when the road toll was 539.

The main reasons for the improvements were reductions in passenger and pedestrian deaths, she said. In 2013, 49 passengers died, down 40 per cent on the previous year, while 42 pedestrians were killed, down 24 per cent on 2012. "This is the lowest number of pedestrian fatalities since those records began in 1928," Ms Prendergast said. Country NSW has also seen fewer deaths on their roads, down 13 per cent from 2012. But there were more motorcycle and cyclist deaths in 2013 than 2012. While 61 motorcycle riders lost their lives in 2012, 71 died in 2013.

For cyclists, fatalities have doubled since 2012, with 14 people dying in 2013.

"We're developing a new Cycling Safety Strategy and are determined to bring down the number of cycling deaths," she said.
Mr Gay urged all road users not to become complacent. "Fatigue and speeding are major issues during the holidays with motorists rushing to their destination, going too fast, pushing on when they are tired or setting out without having a good night's sleep," he said.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

NOICE

Cartoon posted:

Let me guess, bikechat to the rescue? Content:

IRC UP #auspol on synIRC and because some of you don’t know how to bookmark URLS here’s the IRC webclient link!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT IRC

If you're thinking about joining us on #auspol, let me explain a few things so you aren't surprised:

• We have a word filter for certain gendered insults and occasionally words that are overused for trolling. A synirc services bot will detect these words being used and kick you. We do not apologize for this and will not change it, so don't bother complaining. And just to clear this up, this is my (ewe2)'s policy and not some random event. If you don't like it, go away. The bot will also kick for repeating phrases and will ban you for flooding.

• We STRONGLY SUGGEST that you register your nick with Nickserv so we can add you to the voiced list. To do so, just

code:
     /msg nickserv help register 

where you normally type text, and the nickserv bot will explain what to do. The simple way to do it is:

code:
     /msg nickserv register <password> [email] 

The email part is optional.

• Once you've registered, message one of the ops so we can add you to the list. Once you're on the voiced list, if we need to moderate the channel to cut down on the chaos, you will be able to take part in conversations. We can't just voice everyone all the time, so this is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Once you're added, you must

code:
     /msg nickserv identify <password> 

when you join IRC to get voiced in our channel! It's a good idea to test all this out for yourself.

• In some cases we may need to ban those intent on disrupting the channel. The reasons should be obvious, and follow the same basic guidelines as SA itself.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

"The Liberal Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Chairman has dissolved the Upper House permanently."

Oh you want content?

quote:

Tony Abbott’s top business adviser accuses IPCC of 'dishonesty and deceit'
'The scientific delusion, the religion behind the climate crusade, is crumbling,' Maurice Newman says

Daniel Hurst, political correspondent
theguardian.com, Tuesday 31 December 2013 13.13 AEST

Tony Abbott’s top business adviser has accused the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change of “dishonesty and deceit” as it focuses on “exploiting the masses and extracting more money” in a climate crusade.

Maurice Newman, chairman of the prime minister’s new Business Advisory Council, used an interview with the Australian newspaper to launch a strongly worded attack on the global body that provides advice to governments on the body of scientific findings about climate change.

Newman also argued Australia had fallen “hostage to climate change madness” but he believed the “scientific delusion” was crumbling amid suggestions the global temperature could drop to little ice age levels.

The opposition described Newman as an embarrassment to Australia, saying he was not a scientist and therefore not qualified “to make such outrageous claims”.

“The worst part about Mr Newman’s ignorant comments is that he’s only voicing what we know Tony Abbott thinks about climate change,” said Labor’s acting climate change spokesman, Shayne Neumann.

Abbott established the Business Advisory Council to meet three times a year with senior members of the government and “help guide programmes and policies that are sympathetic to the needs of both small and large businesses in Australia”.

Newman, a former chairman of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and the Australian Securities Exchange, made the comments about climate change while railing against green policies, including the renewable energy target and the carbon tax.

The newspaper quoted Newman as saying the climate change establishment, through the IPCC, remained “intent on exploiting the masses and extracting more money”.

“When necessarily, the IPCC resorts to dishonesty and deceit,” Newman said.

He said Australia had become “hostage to climate change madness”.

“And for all the propaganda about ‘green employment’, Australia seems to be living the European experience, where, for every ‘green’ job created, two to three jobs are lost in the real economy,” he said.

“The scientific delusion, the religion behind the climate crusade, is crumbling. Global temperatures have gone nowhere for 17 years. Now, credible German scientists claim that ‘the global temperature will drop until 2100 to a value corresponding to the little ice age of 1870’.”

That appeared to be a reference to the work of Horst-Joachim Lüdecke and Carl-Otto Weiss, who say natural processes including solar activity are driving climate change. They are members of an advisory board of the European Institute for Climate and Energy – a group that argues freedom, not the climate, is at risk.

The Australian government’s main scientific advisory body, the CSIRO, says human-induced climate change “represents a raft of new challenges for this generation and those to come, through increases in extreme weather events and other changes, such as sea-level rise and ocean acidification”.

The CSIRO says robust scientific findings include clear evidence for global warming and sea level rise over the past century; most of the global average warming over the past 50 years is very likely due to greenhouse gas increases from human activity; and global greenhouse gas emissions will continue to grow over the next few decades, leading to further climate change.

It says some of the key uncertainties include difficulties analysing and monitoring changes in extreme events; and models differ in their estimates of the strength of different feedbacks in the climate system, particularly cloud feedbacks, oceanic heat uptake and carbon cycle feedbacks. The CSIRO says confidence in projections is higher for some variables, such as temperature, than for others, such as precipitation.

The Labor party’s acting climate change spokesman said the extraordinary comments from one of Abbott’s closest advisers proved the Coalition was not serious about taking action on climate change and did not accept the overwhelming evidence of a changing climate.

“The prime minister must ask Mr Newman to withdraw his comments which damage Australia’s relationships with its trading partners, all of whom accept that climate change is real and are taking steps to reduce carbon pollution,” Neumann said.

“Australia is now a laughing stock for being the first country to unravel effective climate change policy, going backwards while the rest of the world is taking steps forward.”

Despite previously questioning climate science, Abbott has repeatedly said he accepts climate change happens and that humanity makes “a contribution to it”. He insists he will be able to achieve a 5% reduction in emissions under his Direct Action scheme and is pushing to repeal Labor’s carbon price package built upon an emissions trading scheme.

The prime minister has previously described Newman as “one of a range of voices that the government takes very seriously”. In November, Newman used a speech to say Australia’s wage rates were high by international standards and workplace reform was needed. He also questioned the affordability of the national disability insurance scheme and the Gonski school funding reforms, acknowledging the causes may be “worthy” but describing the spending as “reckless”.

At the time, Abbott said people would “expect robust advice from someone who amongst many other things is a former chairman of the ABC” but the government would not break its “fundamental commitments to the Australian people”.

Meanwhile...

quote:

Climate change models underestimate likely temperature rise, report shows
Forecasts predicting less global warming fail to properly take into account cloud formation, say scientists

Oliver Milman
theguardian.com, Wednesday 1 January 2014 10.05 AEST

The Earth’s climate is far more sensitive to carbon dioxide emissions than previously thought, heightening the likelihood of a 4C temperature rise by 2100, new Australian-led research of cloud systems has found.

The study, published in Nature, provides new understanding on the role of cloud formation in climate sensitivity – one of the key uncertainties in predictions of climate change.

Report authors Steven Sherwood, Sandrine Bony and Jean-Louis Dufresne found climate models which show a low global temperature response to CO2 emissions do not factor in all the water vapour released into the atmosphere.

Models typically simulate water vapour as rising to 15km and forming clouds, rather than updraughts of water vapour that rise only a few kilometres and pull away the cloud-forming vapour. This prediction of cloud cover is important because clouds reflect sunlight, lessening the impact of global warming.

The report, conducted between the University of New South Wales and the Université Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris, finds “real world observations” show the accepted models are wrong.

In reality, the study found, water vapour is distributed to different heights in the atmosphere, causing fewer clouds to form as the climate warms.

In turn, this increases the amount of sunlight entering the atmosphere, making the level of warming far more sensitive to heat-trapping gases such as CO2.

As a result, the world can expect a temperature increase of “at least” 4C by 2100 if, as predicted, there is a doubling of CO2 in the atmosphere. This could then rise by more than 8C by 2200.

This is beyond the lower range of predictions and double the 2C limit, compared with pre-industrial times, agreed by countries to prevent the impact of runaway climate change. By comparison, average temperatures have risen 0.8C over the past 100 years.

“Mixing inferred from observations appears sufficiently strong to imply a climate sensitivity greater than 3C for a carbon dioxide doubling,” the report states. “This is significantly higher than the currently accepted lower bound of 1.5C, thereby constraining model projections toward relatively severe future warming.”

The issue of how sensitive the climate is to CO2 was a contentious one following the release of the latest climate report in September by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Some sceptics have claimed a so-called warming “pause” over the past 15 years shows the climate does not react strongly to high concentrations of carbon emissions, which continued to escalate to a new average high of 393.1ppm in 2012.

“Climate sceptics like to criticise climate models for getting things wrong, and we are the first to admit they are not perfect, but what we are finding is that the mistakes are being made by those models which predict less warming, not those that predict more,” said Professor Sherwood, lead author of the report at the UNSW centre of excellence for climate system science.

“Our research has shown climate models indicating a low temperature response to a doubling of carbon dioxide from pre-industrial times are not reproducing the correct processes that lead to cloud formation.

“When the processes are correct in the climate models the level of climate sensitivity is far higher. Previously, estimates of the sensitivity of global temperature to a doubling of carbon dioxide ranged from 1.5C to 5C,” he said.

“This new research takes away the lower end of climate sensitivity estimates, meaning that global average temperatures will increase by 3C to 5C with a doubling of carbon dioxide.

“Rises in global average temperatures of this magnitude will have profound impacts on the world and the economies of many countries if we don’t urgently start to curb our emissions.”

beetroy
Sep 13, 2002

dear athetits
if GOD dont exist s

Cartoon posted:

Imagine how many more lives could have been saved if we had introduced mandatory protective equipment for pedestrians.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Screams from the haters,
got a nice ring to it
I guess every superhero
need his theme music

7 vs 14 is not particularly significant and people who ride bicycles are cunts anyway

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Agreed that "deaths have doubled" is scare language when the number is pretty negligable. Cycling is great, shame that cyclists are such horrible people though.

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

nyerf posted:

So Auspol, how would you guys approach it? Personally I don't think it's worth the environmental damage in the long term, and lately there have been rumblings that underground operations are NOT as strictly controlled wrt safety as they should (two men recently basically killed themselves in a mine shaft because of being idiots and not following regulations, as told to me from someone who worked with them) so that could be a good sticking point to help counteract the desperation surrounding job provision here.
One death is too many, but 'mining is unsafe' seems a bit of an odd argument to me. The list of total work fatalities in Australia here combined with info on total employment by sector here would suggest that mining is about as dangerous as the arts and recreation sector, and safer than agriculture, forestry & fishing and transport, postal & warehousing.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

100% AEROBIC COMPOSTING NO-FLUSH NATURAL POSTING
-------------//--------------

adamantium|wang posted:

Oh you want content?
I'll raise you your content and give you:

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2013/s3919232.htm

quote:

Massive rise in Hunter region air pollution levels

Caroline Winter reported this story on Wednesday, January 1, 2014 08:18:00

TONY EASTLEY: Environmentalists say they're shocked at recent figures showing a big rise in air pollution levels in parts of New South Wales.

The Hunter Community Environment Centre says it strengthens the argument to cover coal wagons and to dump a proposal for a fourth coal terminal.

The state's Environmental Protection Authority has put the increase down to dust storms and bushfires, while the Mining Council questions the figures and says coal isn't the biggest contributor to the air pollution problems.

Caroline Winter reports.

CAROLINE WINTER: Newcastle is the world's largest coal exporting port with three coal terminals and there's staunch opposition to making it any bigger.

JAMES WHELAN: In the next few months the State Government in New South Wales will consider a proposal for a fourth. That will increase the coal exports by another 70 million tonnes per annum, and as far as the community groups are concerned, you don't approve a new source of pollution when existing pollution levels are out of control.

CAROLINE WINTER: James Whelan is from the Hunter Community Environment Centre. He wants the New South Wales Government to reject the plan and more done to reduce air pollution in the Hunter Valley region.

Dr Whelan says data from the Environmental Protection Authority adds weight to that argument.

JAMES WHELAN: What surprised us when we looked at the 2013 data collected by the EPA (Environmental Protection Authority) was that we exceeded the national standard for PM10, that's particles of up to 10 microns in diameter, more than 170 times. That's a shock.

CAROLINE WINTER: PM, or Particulate Matter 10, can penetrate the respiratory tract and cause serious health problems. The national PM10 standard is 50.

James Whelan says in 2012 that was exceeded 115 times, but last year it was 50 per cent higher across 17 sites monitored in the Hunter region.

In a statement an EPA spokesperson said: "Particle levels for the upper Hunter in 2013 were affected by a dry winter, high winds and serious bushfires in October and that PM10 concentrations were higher across the state's entire air quality monitoring network than in 2012."

Stephen Galilee is CEO of the New South Wales Minerals Council. He says the mining industry takes the issue seriously, but that the data is misleading.

STEPHEN GALILEE: It seriously overstates the number of exceedances that have occurred by using hourly monitoring results rather than the 24 hour average, which is in fact the national standard that should apply. And when you apply the 24 hour average standard you'll find that the number of exceedances is in fact quite small.

CAROLINE WINTER: Stephen Galilee has also rejected claims the mining industry is wholly to blame.

STEPHEN GALILEE: We also know from a study conducted by the CSIRO and released a few months ago that wood smoke from bushfires but also from home heating is also a major contributor to air quality, so it's important that the mining industry is not singled out.

CAROLINE WINTER: But James Whelan from the Hunter Community Environment Centre says coal companies aren't taking enough responsibility.

JAMES WHELAN: We have concrete evidence from around the world that covering coal wagons and covering coal stockpiles would dramatically decrease that particle pollution.

CAROLINE WINTER: The New South Wales Minerals Council says those activities wouldn't have any noticeable impacts on air quality.

TONY EASTLEY: Caroline Winter.
I think this complements the ignorance and idiocy of Maurice Newman quite well. It additionally places a focus on the interpretation of statistical evidence and how to spin actual data to make it serve your cause. The NSW Mineral's council should do a comedy spot somewhere because if their assertion that covering coal trucks and piles does nothing wasn't meant to be satire then it's hard to know who their target audience is. It clearly isn't clue havers.

So thanks to all who pointed out that at the threshold of meaning a jump from 7 to 14 (cyclist deaths) was utterly value less. I wasn't going to join those dots until someone seriously contended that it was proof that helmet laws were a failure.

EDIT - Mine chat

T-1000 posted:

One death is too many, but 'mining is unsafe' seems a bit of an odd argument to me. The list of total work fatalities in Australia here combined with info on total employment by sector here would suggest that mining is about as dangerous as the arts and recreation sector, and safer than agriculture, forestry & fishing and transport, postal & warehousing.

Numbers are an interesting guide.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-...ne-site/5178654

quote:

Maintenance worker dies at FMG mine site in WA

Posted Mon 30 Dec 2013, 1:05pm AEDT

Fortescue Metals Group's Christmas Creek mine site near Newman in the Pilbara site of a fatal work accident.

A maintenance worker at an iron ore mine in Western Australia has been killed on the job.

The 23 year old man was working at the Fortescue Metals Group (FMG) Christmas Creek mine in the Pilbara region in the states north west.

He died after an accident in the heavy vehicle workshop overnight where he was working on a large piece of equipment known as a 'surface miner'.

Another man sustained a serious leg injury in the same accident and was airlifted from site.

FMG has released a statement saying it will assist the WA Police and the Department of Mines and Petroleum with their investigations.

The company has temporarily suspended its surface mining operations.

The mans death is the third fatality in the mining industry this month and the second death at the Christmas Creek iron ore mine in the last six months.
Three fatalities in a month? No big thing. Two in six months at one mine? Hey it's Twiggy's mine steady on! Three deaths in the roll out of the home insulation scheme? gently caress THAT! Lets have numerous inquests and top it off with a royal commission!

To the original question Mining isn't that big a deal economically despite everything you have heard. http://thisisseriouscom.wordpress.c...9/27/oh-really/

Check the graph on just what mining's contribution is (third graphic) also linked by T.

Cartoon fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2014 around 03:07

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

T-1000 posted:

Interesting...mining kills more people per year than the home insulation scheme ever did, and that program was apparently the greatest disaster to befall the country since Victoria burned to the ground in 2009.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for the December thread:

November, October, September/aftermath, August/Election, July, June, May, April.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Screams from the haters,
got a nice ring to it
I guess every superhero
need his theme music

Urcher posted:

November, October, September/aftermath, August/Election, July, June, May, April.

Your software is broken. There's no way the word Mills happened less than a lot of those words.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

NOICE

Urcher posted:

awww I was hoping marriage might be sitting over Canberra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012

Urcher posted: