Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«29 »
Quest For Glory II
Dec 17, 2003

1st and 10 at DUKE 23 - Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 23 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.

NON-BCS SCHEDULE:

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1

12:00 PM - Gator Bowl: Nebraska vs #22 Georgia (ESPN2) Mike Patrick, Ed Cunningham
12:00 PM - Heart of Dallas Bowl: UNLV vs North Texas (ESPNU) Clay Matvick, Matt Stinchcomb
1:00 PM - Capital One Bowl: #19 Wisconsin vs #9 South Carolina (ABC) Dave Pasch, Brian Griese
1:00 PM - Outback Bowl: Iowa vs #16 LSU (ESPN) Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden

FRIDAY, JANUARY 3
7:30 PM - Cotton Bowl: #13 Oklahoma State vs #8 Missouri (FOX) Gus Johnson, Charles Davis

SATURDAY, JANUARY 4
1:00 PM - BBVA Compass Bowl: Vanderbilt vs Houston (ESPN) Dave Neal, Andre Ware

SUNDAY, JANUARY 5
9:00 PM - GoDaddy Bowl: Arkansas State vs Ball State (ESPN) Carter Blackburn, Danny Kanell

Of the remaining non-BCS bowls, the Cotton Bowl is clearly the most interesting one on the list, but I would expect a pretty solid game out of Wisconsin and South Carolina as well. The Outback Bowl might have to be watched through slightly parted fingers.

The Compass Bowl could be James Franklin's final game coaching at Vandy. If you're an armchair draft guru, you won't get to enjoy Aaron Murray or Zach Mettenberger, but there are still some guys to watch, from Odell Beckham to Jadeveon Clowney to Jordan Matthews.

Quest For Glory II fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2014 around 05:13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

I can't even be mad at Johnny Football. But gently caress ESPN.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

VTEC
VTEC
VTEC
VTEC
VTEC

Go the Georgia Bulldogs tomorrow (today?).

Tonight was so awesome, JFF rules, hope my team can pull out a win and end this season on a good note.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Travis Labhart was on the Women's Basketball Practice Squad and caught 3 TDs tonight.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

boo

Let's go the gently caress Rebels!

You've had a season of exceeding expectations so continue to do it!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Thoguh posted:

I can't even be mad at Johnny Football. But gently caress ESPN.

Look, you're just not man enough to recognize his glory when you see it. You should invite him into your home and wash his feet. If he favors you with a kiss on the forehead, listen to his wisdom. He will explain to you how everything you know is wrong and that he is the one true Football God Made Flesh.

That's the message I took away from the post-game

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

Cody sunk into the top of the desk as Damien fell to his elbows over him. He grabbed a handful of hair and whispered in his year: "Oh my dear, you are going to make an excellent apprentice. I have so much more to teach you..."

Don't Watch The Gator Bowl

Korranus
Jan 8, 2001

So at this point ESPN goes wall to wall Man-zeal like they did Tebow, I suppose?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

bhsman
Feb 9, 2008

"Life ain't just about murder and goats, son."

Korranus posted:

So at this point ESPN goes wall to wall Man-zeal like they did Tebow, I suppose?

Not without Mark May reminding us how much of a thug he is.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Korranus posted:

They got downright Favrian after the game.

Arschlochkind
Mar 28, 2010

From now on, he shall be known as

JMFF.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

I love you Johnny Football

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Here's a health, Carolina,
Forever to thee

Wisconsin's rushing attacks scares the poo poo out of me. Our defense is going to get shredded. I'm just hoping Shaw can go into Football Terminator mode and pull out the win.

Also, Johnny Football, drat

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Fucked around, got a triple double

The difference between johnny football coverage and tebow coverage is that johnny football actually owns and deserves it while tebow was getting it as a nfl practice squad qb. As always his haters are dumb and lame.

Iowa gonna lose so bad today.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008
Yo, peep that shit

On the plus side for Duke, they shook off the ACC CG loss really, really well, and are clearly a couple players and a ref or 2 away from setting a standard of play for themselves.

Still sad to see them collapse like that

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

It's Great
To Be A
Michigan Wolverine!

pillsburysoldier posted:

On the plus side for Duke, they shook off the ACC CG loss really, really well, and are clearly a couple players and a ref or 2 away from setting a standard of play for themselves.

The only thing Duke needed was a quarterback who didn't get stupid under pressure late in the game.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

VTEC
VTEC
VTEC
VTEC
VTEC

pillsburysoldier posted:

Due to the transitive property of football, A&M lost to Auburn on a last minute drive, Duke lost to A&M on a last minute drive, Duke got clowned by FSU, therefore FSU gonna roll Auburn.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

Cody sunk into the top of the desk as Damien fell to his elbows over him. He grabbed a handful of hair and whispered in his year: "Oh my dear, you are going to make an excellent apprentice. I have so much more to teach you..."

Pregame festivities for the Gator Bowl are in about ten minutes. This is from a friend of mine in the Redcoats who says he's seen more people at an NXT taping.

Nebraska sold about 3,000 tickets, Georgia sold 6,000. Both schools were given 12,000

dude789
Nov 4, 2009

I'll make your ass sense.

MourningView posted:

The difference between johnny football coverage and tebow coverage is that johnny football actually owns and deserves it while tebow was getting it as a nfl practice squad qb. As always his haters are dumb and lame.

Iowa gonna lose so bad today.

I don't know. LSU lost to Ole Miss and almost loss to Arkansas at home. If we play like we did in those games I think we could easily loose.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Here stands baseball's perfect warrior.

Here stands baseball's perfect knight.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Pregame festivities for the Gator Bowl are in about ten minutes. This is from a friend of mine in the Redcoats who says he's seen more people at an NXT taping.

Nebraska sold about 3,000 tickets, Georgia sold 6,000. Both schools were given 12,000

I'm here to one up you on Gator Bowl pictures

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

lol

lol

Luigi_Cyclone
Aug 20, 2009

hey can you put that on a coaster?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Don't Watch The Gator Bowl

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

VTEC
VTEC
VTEC
VTEC
VTEC

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Pretty sad tbqh. I'll be at work so I will stream the game, but I have a feeling that since this is an ESPN2 game and not a huge contest, all the streams will be rear end.

Poonerman
Oct 12, 2012

Don't stay angry...

Groucho Marxist posted:

goodness what an ugly looking field

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

20 mins till kickoff

Ron Pauls Friend
Jul 3, 2004

Jacksonville is pretty terrible

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Here stands baseball's perfect warrior.

Here stands baseball's perfect knight.

Poonerman posted:

goodness what an ugly looking field

what's primer???

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

Groucho Marxist posted:

Holy poo poo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I thought Nebraska always travels well?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

I thought Nebraska always travels well?

Would you pay money to spend your new years in Jacksonville?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

boo

I'm ready for Caleb Herring to get banged up enough to really affect his game.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Winkie01 posted:

I might if I spent the other 51 weeks of the year in Nebraska.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Winkie01 posted:

If the other option was like Omaha or council bluffs or some other lovely Nebraska city then yeah

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

by T. Finninho

go mean green bitch

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

"Victory..."

For some reason, I'm just not terribly excited about LSU vs. Iowa. It's not even smarmy or conceited. I mean, I guess I'd like to see how AJ does in his first full game, but I haven't even done any reading today leading up to the game (which I usually do). Maybe by the time kick-off comes around, I'll be in a better place.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

C2C - 2.0 posted:

For some reason, I'm just not terribly excited about LSU vs. Iowa. It's not even smarmy or conceited. I mean, I guess I'd like to see how AJ does in his first full game, but I haven't even done any reading today leading up to the game (which I usually do). Maybe by the time kick-off comes around, I'll be in a better place.

You are not excited because it is going to be a horrible beating

Scarf
Jun 23, 2005

Hello.

Happy SECvB1G day everyone!

bhsman
Feb 9, 2008

"Life ain't just about murder and goats, son."

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I'm fuckin' excited about Jennings getting to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

by T. Finninho

wasn't georgia / nebraska p exciting last season?

«29 »