Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Shaman Ooglaboogla
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3598965

lmbo now I remember why I never read that forum full of autistic spergs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

this is a bad thread!

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

i too want to teach high school students how to kill small animals

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Your next post will be "im gay"

Sid Vicious posted:

this is a bad thread!

See this guy gets it. He made his point short and sweet.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

wait no that's a terrible idea

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I really wish they taught me kung fu then I could have shown all the bullies.

Shaman Ooglaboogla
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

We should make the kids all have to grow their own food and teach them nothing but how to be a poo poo entrepreneur because the world only needs karate idea guys lmbo.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Dusseldorf posted:

I really wish they taught me kung fu then I could have shown all the bullies.

wouldn't the bullies have learned kung fu too

The Troons Poon
Oct 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3954 days!

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Proposal 2: Organic farms shall be another component of the curriculum.

ahh yes comrades, all my life i have wanted nothing more than 2 live off the fruit of my own proletariat labours. strike the earth! *takes fat bong rip and refreshes postplace.com*

The Fresh Prince
Dec 9, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

See this guy gets it. He made his point short and sweet.

much like my penis

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

The Fresh Prince posted:

much like my penis

Neo Duckberg
Dec 29, 2012

im pretty sure that is a crazy poster

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Your next post will be "im gay"

The Fresh Prince posted:

much like my penis

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

What class did you start off with? Did you get any nice feats?

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

hah like dungeons and dragons!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Angry Duck is watching you...

D&D = the worst part of the forum holy gently caress can't have threads without a dozen rules because god forbid someone say something so stupid that dogpiling on them for being morons needs to be controlled.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

14:46 - Harime Nui: you can imagine I'm drunk and incoherent

A lot of people assume Fighter is the easiest class for beginners OP but actually it's extremely build-reliant. There are many ways to make a worthless fighter. For starting players I would suggest a robust, simple melee class like Barbarian or Knight or

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

i play rogues in just about everything, when games have a class called thief i get legitimately mad and say ITS ROGUE YOU FUCKS out loud, so there you have it

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

This is my favorite D&D thread, followed by any thread that documents to continued blundering of any given political party.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3599044

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

i play rogues in just about everything, when games have a class called thief i get legitimately mad and say ITS ROGUE YOU FUCKS out loud, so there you have it
Counter point: any fantasy setting where people say poo poo like "Yes, I was trained as a rogue" sucks, because that right there is the dumbest poo poo.

Like when there's a group of people who say they are all "rogues" and they get their own special training and someone can say "I always wanted to be a rogue and have a natural talent for it" and everyone acts like that's a thing that makes sense.

Thief, Assassin, Burglar, those all work. Rogue doesn't. You're a rogue. A rogue what?

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

yeah thats legitimately dumb and like, if you are a part of a guild it should be a thiefs guild not a rogues guild that would be fukin retarded

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

DnD Has too many

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

14:46 - Harime Nui: you can imagine I'm drunk and incoherent

Some class names like rogue, barbarian and fighter make no sense as professions that exist in the game world. Some such as Druid and Wizard do. If you say to me in character "that guy is a renowned fighter" I'll slap you for breaking kayfabe I will

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

i posted in dnd and i came out just fine

i now hate sandingniggers more than ever before

thanks dnd

Jonad
Oct 24, 2010

-Marissa Explains It All-

Kombotron posted:

i posted in dnd and i came out just fine

i now hate sandingniggers more than ever before

thanks dnd

thats not cool man, what did black carpenters ever do 2 u?

jBrereton
May 29, 2013

DnD is for babbies now, try Pathfinder, the ~real~ DnD experience.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

jBrereton posted:

when i moved into my new house the only thing i brought with me was pathfinder

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fuck you, got Midas

Actually that thread in the OP is really loving funny just skim or skip the OP and read the responses

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

jBrereton posted:

I'm going to give you a swirly and shove you into a locker, you loving nerd.

MikeRowesDirtyJob
Dec 18, 2013

I remember that 80 page thread where people argued about how theres no way a woman could ever consent to sex so its by definition surprise sex because kyriarchy.

which was literally the most misogynistic thing I've ever read on the intenet

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

dnd promotes violence against the monstrous races

ban dnd

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

and she told me, "Listen honey. There's hundreds of strong men out there. I like men who are kind, who are honest, men who can be open with me."

should people have to work at all? - a controversial opinion in the D

Jonad
Oct 24, 2010

-Marissa Explains It All-

D&D is pretty good for foreign affairs discussion, as long as ur willing to argue around the high school students who thing they're the modern trotsky

Exclamation Marx
Feb 18, 2012

doesn't give my
opponents much
time to run up a
to lection does it

i just like the threads with pics, op

Ted_Haggard
Jan 28, 2009

Requested_Username posted:

Actually that thread in the OP is really loving funny just skim or skip the OP and read the responses

He wants to teach kids martial arts to make HS into an anime I think

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

pathfinder sucks hth

Kiryuin Satsuki
Mar 1, 2011

Ted_Haggard posted:

He wants to teach kids martial arts to make HS into an anime I think

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

Some missions, you just can't get rid of a bomb

To be fair to DnD, that particular poster is just singularly awful

Kiryuin Satsuki
Mar 1, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

To be fair to DnD, that particular poster is just singularly awful

he is the poster dnd deserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fuck you, got Midas

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Proposal 3: Physical education is a joke in America. Unless you decide to enter the sports programs, your experience in PE is basically running laps, climbing ropes, playing basketball or just doing some dull exercises for forty minutes, if you even have PE at all. PE often just becomes a class to goof off during, or a second recess if you've got a chill teacher. What it isn't, however, is an actual class that teaches you anything actually useful. My solution to that is to turn Physical Education into Martial Arts Education.

...I knew no child growing up who wanted to be a runner, but I knew TONS of kids who wanted to be Power Rangers, and they'd hurt themselves trying to do flying drop kicks on the playground. Let's take that enthusiasm and put it into a context that's a little more controlled. By teaching kids the arts of self-defense, you will encourage an active lifestyle, cultivate an appreciation for the skill and technique of martial combat as well as the philosophies behind karate, ju jitsu or tae kwondo. Got a disagreement? Hit the mats.

...I also believe that, with training in martial arts and instruction in the philosophies of combat, you'll have less gun owners, you'd diminish the impact of gun culture, and you could feasibly actually disarm the police force and maybe put a stop to the growing police state, much of which stems from abuses of authority. It is not a healthy society that puts all of its martial instruction and all of the powers of force into the hands of a singular organization. I'm certain everyone has dealt with a bullying police officer who knows that he's bigger than you, stronger or better armed, and can get away with pushing you around. In the world I'm envisioning, there lacks that discrepency. Everyone is on the same page. Everyone is on the same level, at least fundamentally.

everything in his bazillion word op is retarded but this is the best part

tl,dr: train kids to be ninjas, solve societal injustices

«4 »