Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«166 »
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

, made glorious signing by this GM of York.

Noted things to know:
- Corsi is fools gold (Never trust the "advanced" stats)
- Hockey hates you
- No one knows what makes Jagr keep ticking
- Ilya Bryzgalov is the 3rd most important reason behind an Oilers win
- Steve Mason is the 1st reason the Flyers lose.
- All the Ducks are on HGH
- Ovechkin is worldly
- Crosby is godly
- Steen is small sample sizely

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martytoof
Feb 25, 2003

Awesome.

Awesome to
the MAX.

I am ready to enjoy a lot of hockey toda--oh only two games, okay.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

Take that, Mutt Cooke, this one's for Bark Savard!

PHOTO BY DOG FAN
I AM DOG

Avs won last night. And the powerplay scored on all three attempts. Just look at this pretty passing. http://video.avalanche.nhl.com/vide...nsole?id=526060

Also MacKinnon has been doing well lately, since Hertl is out for a while I'm wondering if he might sneak his way into the Cal;der discussion.

deafmute
Jun 23, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever

Use timg so you don't break the tables and add some cool pictures like these so the OP sucks less

Max Domi's dad apparently used to be a hockey player

Paul Ranger is photogenic as heck

Edit: More info on the Ranger picture - Paul Ranger wouldn't let on if he'd wear the crazy eye black all over his face again for the game. He said he was inspired by Duck Dynasty.

deafmute fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2014 around 15:45

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Flyers are gonna go to the playoffs cause the Metro is terrible. Also I love me some outdoor hockey.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Missed watching the alumni games, loving that Domi goal.

DOOP
Sep 3, 2011

I post like Jeff George fucks - Boogie Fever

Alumni game happened already? Missed that. Bummer

Oh well, get to watch the real game today.

deafmute
Jun 23, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever

NHL PR revealed some exciting facts!

There have been 23 playoff meetings between the @MapleLeafs & @DetroitRedWings (Toronto has a 12-11 series edge).

14,150 pretzels are projected to be purchased by fans during the 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic.

38,450 hot dogs are projected to be purchased by fans during the 2014 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic.

Approximately 3,688 gallons of hot chocolate is expected to be brewed at Michigan Stadium today.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005
Seriously serious.

gucci void main posted:

Flyers are gonna go to the playoffs cause the Metro is terrible. Also I love me some outdoor hockey.

Plenty of season for the Flyers to harness their true potential. (A very high draft pick)

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

lookin forward to Claude Noel try to keep convincing Jets fans that Pavelec is a #1 goalie, cause Montoya owns

evenworse username
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Martytoof posted:

I am ready to enjoy a lot of hockey toda--oh only two games, okay.

Why would you want to watch hockey when you could be watching the Depends Undergarments Chamberpot Bowl between Northeast Southwestern State and H.H. Holmes University.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!

Snowing at The Big House this is going to be awesome.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

evenworse username posted:

Why would you want to watch hockey when you could be watching the Depends Undergarments Chamberpot Bowl between Northeast Southwestern State and H.H. Holmes University.
Well poo poo I know what I'm going to be watching today, thanks for sorting that out!

PK FUCKING SUBBAN
Nov 15, 2007

"He's the type of guy who doesn’t respect anybody." - V. Lecavalier

"He's a guy that's come in the league and hasn't earned respect." - M. Richards

"Everybody dislikes him in the league." - D. Cherry

Hey did we do post your Xmas loot chat yet? Because my wife got me the best present ever:

Lyle Odelein, my favorite player growing up because he was a big goony stay at home defenceman like me and the first ever captain of the Columbus Blue Jackets!

(Yes I'm aware that he wore #4 for Columbus, #24 was his number the rest of his career)

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

BUT YOU ARE GUILTY AND MUST DIE

Captain Internet posted:

Plenty of season for the Flyers to harness their true potential. (A very high draft pick)

The Flyers will never get a first overall draft pick, the universe conspires against this

Also noted bust and Olympic reach Claude Giroux got no points last night, so i guess it's time for another drought

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The NHL apparently sold 105,000 tickets. Unless they totally juice the attendance number it appears the college hockey game between Michigan and Michigan State 3 years ago will out-draw it at 113,000.

I am happy about this because they did not charge 89-289 dollars for tickets to that game.

evenworse username
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Hey did we do post your Xmas loot chat yet? Because my wife got me the best present ever:

Lyle Odelein, my favorite player growing up because he was a big goony stay at home defenceman like me and the first ever captain of the Columbus Blue Jackets!

(Yes I'm aware that he wore #4 for Columbus, #24 was his number the rest of his career)

Can't go wrong with Stanley Cup Winning Defenseman Lyle Odelein!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Actually, Lucy, my trouble is football. I just don't understand it. Instead of feeling happy, I feel sort of let down.

Go Lions.

Surfing Turtle posted:

Snowing at The Big House this is going to be awesome.

3-5 inches expected today in the southern part of the state, my folks and I are headed out to check out the tailgating scene.

Also I have to be back in Chicago for work by 8 AM tomorrow

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

We go hard.

NYR waived Pyatt. It really is a happy new year!

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005
Seriously serious.

C-Euro posted:

3-5 inches expected today in the southern part of the state, my folks and I are headed out to check out the tailgating scene.

Also I have to be back in Chicago for work by 8 AM tomorrow

Ann Arbor will surely be abuzz with people talking about obscure authors and people telling passerbys that it should be Maple Leaves

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

The NHL apparently sold 105,000 tickets. Unless they totally juice the attendance number it appears the college hockey game between Michigan and Michigan State 3 years ago will out-draw it at 113,000.

I am happy about this because they did not charge 89-289 dollars for tickets to that game.

Overcharging for shittier seats i.e. why I'm not going to the Dodger Stadium game.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Hail To The King

I have NHL Network and there's a pregame on at the big house. The snow is indeed driving

loving bro hug
Mar 7, 2006

Fuck you, Space

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

The civil war nerd in me really likes the Blue Jackets' thirds (and the team name inspiration in general). Too bad they're in Ohio.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

I'm a little ray of sunshine.

Wamsutta posted:

making room for a trade

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

YAY hockey 2014! someone make a gdt so we can get on with Snow Chat

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I can't remember from the last Heritage Classic I watched. Do y'all have flyovers at outdoor sporting events in Canada?

Winter Classic better have a fuckin' sweet flyover, flyovers own.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

@bruce_arthur: Luckily, based on Randy Carlyle's medical theories, the cold means it's basically impossible for any players to suffer a concussion today.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

We go hard.

Levitate posted:

making room for a trade

Brooks thinks it means Callys back.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.

Winter Classic Pre-Game Show Presented by Reebok: Barry's Thoughts on Winter Classic Fashion

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Looks like Paul Ranger decided to keep the all over face paint

Martytoof
Feb 25, 2003

Awesome.

Awesome to
the MAX.

Isn't this like the first winter classic where they aren't freaking out about temperature, etc.?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Dreger saying on twitter that Tim Gleason is very likely to be traded soon. Carolina making moves

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

alg posted:

I can't remember from the last Heritage Classic I watched. Do y'all have flyovers at outdoor sporting events in Canada?

Winter Classic better have a fuckin' sweet flyover, flyovers own.
Some of them, like the Grey Cup and the Montreal Grand Prix. There's not as many military bases/aircraft for airplanes to come from in Canada to have a flyover for most events.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tonight's starting lineup is
brought to you by Satan.

Vertical Lime posted:

I have NHL Network and there's a pregame on at the big house. The snow is indeed driving

Best snow we've had in three years here in Chicago.. loving owns.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

AboveAndBeyond posted:

Dreger saying on twitter that Tim Gleason is very likely to be traded soon. Carolina making moves

And Cam Ward is out with a lower body injury

JR has said he won't trade Cam

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005
Seriously serious.

Martytoof posted:

Isn't this like the first winter classic where they aren't freaking out about temperature, etc.?

If I remember correctly, the first winter classic in buffalo it was snowing so no one was worried.

DOOP
Sep 3, 2011

I post like Jeff George fucks - Boogie Fever

AboveAndBeyond posted:

Is he any good at hockey?

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

This Gordie Howe bit on CBC is making me tear up a bit.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

i'm so fuckkin drunk right now staalsie i'm seein these big bars around everything and it's not like the time your pussfuck brother totally knocked the sh*t out of you. i bet cally's got some weed if we want, too

Wamsutta posted:

Today is a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

AboveAndBeyond posted:

Specifically to Toronto! Lmao.

«166 »