Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

2014: The Year of Pretty Good Superman Ongoings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Somewhere, a Dark Horse exec is feverishly drawing up plans for 17 more Hellboy ongoings

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Madkal posted:

Here's a strange question. Which comicbook character has been shat upon by the universe most (figuratively speaking). There was talk in the worst runs thread about Skin who died rather acrimoniously, had his name misspelled on his tombstone and had Jubilee proclaim that she wanted to sleep with him while he was still alive. I found this all funny in an absurd way, but it also got me thinking who has the worst life in comicbooks. One filled with suffering and failure with very few bright spots.

John Stewart and Carol Danvers have to be in the pool somewhere.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I don't know how they can be making any money.

there are a lot of really stupid comics nerds, man

like it's cool that this panel of yours happened, but while that was going on I guarantee you that some guy, somewhere, walked into his LCBS, started raving to the owner about how epic Blackest Night was, and bought a hundred dollars worth of Geoff Johns Justice League trades.

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 27, 2014

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Sturm posted:

Where do you guys go for comic book news? Or are most of the sites pretty terrible?

Comicsalliance is more or less the only comics site that isn't terrible, but mostly-terrible sites like CBR are fine if by "news" you just mean "what is happening", so I check those sometimes

• Locked thread