Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

BioEnchanted posted:

The thing about some villains that I've seen is that the songs that some of them get are their only song in the movie. It seems to symbolise a loss of control, not over their situation but over themselves. Jafar and Frollo are the prime examples. They are subtle and conniving at first, but for Jafar, he gets... excited when his plans start coming to fruition and is allowing himself to stop pretending. "Prince Ali - Reprise" is Jafar completely losing control of his emotions for the first time in years and allowing himself to have a little fun with his evil. It is the purest form of "Mad with Power".

Frollo panics and makes his worst decisions when he loses control of his penis and it spooks him that such base desires affect him too. "Hellfire" is him panicking and rationalising himself before his personal ideal of God, especially as the other monks recite the a prayer admitting to their sins, at peace with that they have no control over and vowing to try harder in great contrast.

Frollo:

It's not my fault
I'm not to Blame
It is the gypsy girl
That witch that sent this flame

It's not my fault...
If in Gods Plan
He made the Devil so much stronger than the man!

Monks(translated from the Latin):
I confess to God almighty
To blessed Mary ever virgin
To the blessed archangel Michael
To the Holy apostles, to all the saints
And to you Father
That I have Sinned, In thought, In word, In deed
Through my fault, through my fault, through my grievous fault
Lord have mercy

Also after re-watching that song just now, when the guard bursts in to check in on him in the middle of the song Frollo is startled, embarrassed, vulnerable, hurriedly fixing his hair. He's basically been caught masturbating.

Oh, I hadn't listened to the song in ages and I hadn't notice that they recite the same prayer we do in Catholic church. *Smacks chest three times*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread