Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Gotta say the two things that still have me giggling are Vitruvius's ghost and seeing the office pop off and pfbbhting away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

raditts posted:

I saw that once as a kid in one of those blocks of cartoons they would show on network TV around Christmas time and it ranks among the most hosed up things I've seen. I've never been able to get the image of the last human sinking into a puddle of mud out of my head.

I honestly think the '55 version loses something by updating it to nukes. Part of the dark appeal was in seeing how "monstrous" humanity had become, and the concept of the two final humans hatefully destroying each other with rifles and sinking into the muck, both forgotten and alone is so much more powerful than "two men killed everyone by pressing a button" yet again.

• Locked thread