Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

TY for no bm

I played starcraft, diablo 2, and warcraft 3 back in the day. Are the current crop of games any good?

Starcraft 2 looks like the same game with better graphics. the same drat units and everything.

Diablo 3 you have to buy all your items with real cash and blizzard takes a cut or something but still charges full price for the game? what the gently caress is that about?

In Warcraft you need to buy socks to poop in or something? Also I heard you earn bitcoin in World of Warcraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bromplicated
Mar 28, 2003

Mur-ur-ur-ur

bumblebee tuna

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

someone post that image/gif of buttwizard

Cosby Onahole
Nov 1, 2011

relax

"Good" is subjective op, you silly bugger.

E Equals MC Hammer
Jun 9, 2008

What if im straight?

If you see me post about spaceships or bitcoins in gbs please report me.

what? no

Node
May 20, 2001

they used to yeah

Node
May 20, 2001

everything including and before warcraft 3 and diablo 2 take your pick

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

warcraft 2 and starcraft(also brood war) were pretty good imo

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Ask me about the Lina meta 7 years ago.

Just avoid Diablo 3 and its expansion like the plague and you can still play all the good blizzard games.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 30, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

avoid stuff after WC3

Katamari Democracy
Jan 18, 2010

Oh, We understand
A trip to collect a million votes, yes.
Oh, we know why
We get the point of rolling up a million

Rock N Roll racing

bitcoin bastard
Jun 4, 2011

beep boop computers

Katamari Democracy posted:

Rock N Roll racing

and blizzard has been redeemed forever

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2!

Stalins Moustache posted:

avoid stuff after WC3

Node
May 20, 2001

Stalins Moustache posted:

avoid stuff after WC3

this man/woman/gender label knows what he/she/xe is talking about

Node
May 20, 2001

phew, that was a lot of political correctness, i'm not sure i can handle anymore. niggerniggerniggerniggernigger

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

That kid has the most amazing blow job lips I've ever seen.
-Awful's shittiest gimmickposter Irish Joe

they make good pc games, so the bar is pretty low

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

i heard D3 is actually good on consoles because it has no auction house and has active dodging c/d

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

blizzards reason for not including active ddoging on PC was like "they don't want that kind of action"

gently caress u

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

texaholic posted:

I played starcraft, diablo 2, and warcraft 3 back in the day. Are the current crop of games any good?

Starcraft 2 looks like the same game with better graphics. the same drat units and everything.

If StarCraft 2 were the same game with better graphics then the answer would be yes.

The answer is no.

Node
May 20, 2001

Mullet Odor posted:

i heard D3 is actually good on consoles because it has no auction house and has active dodging c/d

it does, and since it has no AH, loot drops like a real diablo game, like d2, instead of everything being poo poo and you having to rely on the AH

blizzard is a contard focused developer now

SNOOP CATTE
Oct 14, 2012

Take that, you stupid cat!

Blackthorne is p good

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Wow continues to be good

Diablo 3 was pretty bad

Starcraft lol

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

And Hearthstone is good

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

Sir John Feelgood posted:

And Hearthstone is good

or you could just make friends and play a real card game like magic

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Rock and Roll Racing forever.

Node
May 20, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

too scared, social anxiety, aspergers, autism, dont want to go outside, etc.

VeggieSmuggler
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.

try it out for yourself, WoW is pretty cheap

Lolance
Sep 15, 2010

As argued above, of their modern stuff only Diablo 3 on consoles would earn a 'good' rating from me.

Cause my internet voice is important and counts.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Warcraft and its sequal were pretty sweet. You could dial up a friend and play multi-player over your modems that poo poo was crazy

Node
May 20, 2001

Bishop posted:

Warcraft and its sequal were pretty sweet. You could dial up a friend and play multi-player over your modems that poo poo was crazy

hell yeah

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

ENMA SAMA'S THICK CUM

POUR IT ONTO ME AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE

I dropped off a resume at a Blizzard booth at a job fair. I was quizzed on how passionate I was about Blizzard games

I was honest and told the nice lady that I haven't played any in the last 13 years or so, but I really enjoyed Rock & Roll Racing, The Lost Vikings, and Blackthorne back in the 90s.

She had no idea what I was talking about.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

the correct response at all job fairs is to have a loving orgasm over the company and its products and literally have the enthusiasm of a coked-up five year old for the lovely, underpaying job they're offering

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

They used to, then activision bought them then their games started going drm protected and online only and you have to pay real money for in game poo poo so basically everything after wc3 is bad to ok while everything wc3 and before is pretty great. (Like the no lan / drm stuff in sc2 is said to have destroyed a lot of the professional ladders and servers and poo poo like that.)

Crow_Rodeo
Oct 3, 2007

Trust Me

real talk Blizzard games are loving boring hth

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

Warcraft is dying and now has a cash shop, blizzard ia scrambling to make project Titan a thing and praying diablo 3 expansions holds them over until this happens.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

dota for example is a wc3 mod (originally) which never would have happened with todays drm protected online only games where the modding communities are locked out

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

Wow, the subscription rates for WOW are really that bad. They haven't been this low since Vanilla.

naem
May 29, 2011

Blizzard bought activision for like $18 billion they are profitable that's for sure

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

naem posted:

Blizzard bought activision for like $18 billion they are profitable that's for sure

They had to buy themselves back or something for some insane amount.

All this means is that PC gaming is experiencing growing pains. We're in the final death throws of everquest styled gameplay. People just don't tolerate that kind of bullshit anymore because MMOs are on their way out. But soon PC gaming shall emerge an even greater juggernaut than it was before.

Hell even the Borderlands 2 developers don't care that you cheat the drop rates because even they know the drop rates are bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bran Loghair
Apr 11, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

lets b honest nobody wants to be friends with the sort of people who play magic the gathering

except others of that sort

«7 »