Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Always nice to see a relatively clean thread. Time for another year of deals, bitching about potential PSN down times, and bickering over who has the better Playstation Plus lineups! :v:

It's totally not Japan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

Yechezkel posted:

Online hints at Ryo Hazuki being in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed ended up having him only available in the mobile version of the game. :reject:

I wouldn't say that just yet (being Mobile Only). It's been known for a bit that he'd likely be the next DLC Character due to unintentionally leaked footage from a Yogscast Charity Stream event where they were playing the PC version with the Charity DLC that Sumo made for the event. At some points in the races, Ryo was seen on the course, but was (of course) never played as. So, he likely will be coming to the PC release eventually. Probably sooner rather than later.

Yechezkel posted:

Nothing was said about him appearing in the PS3 and Vita versions.

This though, is likely going to be the case. While Ryo would be the first REAL DLC character (Simon of the Yogscast was a special charity thing, and the PC Bonus Characters were just there), I think Sumo said something about probably not updating the Non-PC versions much more due to the general cost of patches and DLC certification. This was a while ago, and I don't exactly remember the wording, but (sadly) I wouldn't hold your breath.

That said, I also wouldn't start whining about not getting Ryo either because nobody knows what Sumo and Sega will do with him for the Non-PC (and Non-Andriod/iOS obviously) releases. He may be released for every version, he may not. We don't know 100% for sure until he comes out as PC DLC (which he should, given the previous evidence) and Sumo says something after people start complaining.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Pegnose Pete posted:

Also, I replayed FFIX on PS3 about a year ago and had no issue with the load times. FFVII is the big nostalgia one for me, but I genuinely think IX is the best and is probably my favourite in the whole series.

But then again I really like XII so what do I know.

There is nothing wrong with this at all. Especially since there's a chance of a FF XII IZJS HD Remaster coming out if FF X/X-2 does well enough.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

In case anyone was curious, the rumor was actually somewhat based in truth. Just that the deal Sega has with Nintendo is still in effect. It was pretty much all about the formal announcement and full, non-teaser, reveal of Sonic Boom, which is both a new game coming to the WiiU & 3DS, and a new 3D CG Animated Series.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

A quick reminder that the version of Tomba! 2 that is coming out on the PS Store this week IS THE JAPANESE VERSION AND NOT THE US VERSION. I do not believe ANYONE really knows why we can't get the actual US version on the store.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Aphrodite posted:

That's weird. I've read that it's a license expiration thing, I wonder why paint and gear (which presumably shouldn't be licensed stuff) are the 2 going away forever.

Everything is going away forever, not just those two things. It's just that those are the only two DLC Items that don't work the same way as the rest and can't be re-downloaded through the Download List. Mostly the Paint Pack though. The Paint Pack is actually a Limited Use DLC. From the listing:

Each color in the Paint Pack can be used only once. Users may purchase the Paint Pack multiple times to add additional uses for each color.

The Gear Pack is a mystery though. After all, it doesn't appear to function like the Paint Pack since that's a consumable DLC. Although, the Gear Pack may do a weird check that works like the Paint Pack which makes it so it can't be claimed via the Download List.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

That loving Sned posted:

I'm sure all that will make sense to me sooner or later. I'm just enjoying it for the 2m tall baby-faced main character looking affronted in every panel.

Sned, another thing you can do is check out the Jojo's anime that aired over in Japan last year (and has completely been subbed) since it is actually a great adaptation of the first two parts of the series; Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency. And then, you can also check out the adaptation of Part 3, Stardust Crusaders, that actually starts airing next month (after watching/reading through Parts 1 & 2). Seriously though, if you're enjoying JJBA already, it's not a bad idea to check the anime out. Just a suggestion and such.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

That loving Sned posted:

Thanks. I'd really like to see it in colour, but I decided to start with the manga because of how cheap-looking the One Piece anime was, and after I read Death Note I heard that the anime had large parts of the story cut out.

Well, good news then! The Jojo's adaptation is essentially beat for beat, as close as possible to the manga with only (if I recall correctly) one or two things cut (but none of them were really actually important). Essentially, it's one of the best Manga -> Anime adaptations that's been done and it pretty much nails the Jojo style. Even though David Production didn't exactly have the best budget for it, they really used it where it counts. I'd say to just check out the first three episodes and then make your decision after that. Give it a shot and such.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Just keep in mind that you would also have to get the DLC from the NA Store as well since DLC does not work across regions.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Awesome! posted:

as a free game shouldn't it be there for a month? will they change it for a non bundled version or something?

Not necessarily. Only the "Game of the Month" is guaranteed to stay for the whole month, and is also usually the first thing cycled in. Everything else tends to come and go as updates happen. But a Non-Bundled version probably will be what happens.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

One quick question about the Vita Sly Trilogy. Does each game have a separate Trophy List that isn't linked to the PS3 lists (like the Jak Collection), or did they turn the PS3 lists to Shared PS3/Vita lists (like Thieves in Time)?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Spelunky, Journey (Play it all in one sitting, make sure you're connected to the PSN), Tokyo Jungle, other stuff as well, but those are the standouts that everyone will say.

Especially Tokyo Jungle while it's $1.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Well, still no reason to renew my PS+ yet (expired a bit after the Golden Week sale started). I've been holding out on using the 1 Year codes until a "Buy a Year, get 3 Months Free" sale, and only that, or Free Games I can't miss will get me to finally use the code(s).

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Kenny Logins posted:

hopefully it doesn't mess up my download history too much.

You're going to have fun trying to find anything that isn't a PS+ Freebie then. The moment you renew(ed), ALL your instant Game Collection games jump(ed) to the very top of your Download List. So if you want anything you actually bought (or a demo), Plus Discount or not, you'll have to dig through all your Free PS+ games first!

Also, I think this would have happened anyways, even if you didn't let PS+ lapse. Not 100% sure of that though.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Yechezkel posted:

Add in Super Street Fighter IV, since that was replaced by Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. What is funny is that the full game trial for it is still available.

I would not be surprised if Super Street Fighter IV Arcade was replaced with Ultra Street Fighter IV in August.

AE has already been replaced with Ultra. The DLC Upgrade Edition is already out after all. But while Vanilla Street Fighter IV is completely useless and has been since Super's release (Super was never available as a DLC Upgrade for Vanilla), Super (not just Arcade Edition/AE2012) is still usable since if you want Ultra for as cheap as possible, you can get a copy of Super SFIV (but not Arcade Edition) and use the ultra DLC Upgrade with that as opposed to needing Arcade Edition.

But yeah, once the Retail/Disc version of Ultra comes out, Super/AE will be considered useless unless you already bought the Ultra DLC Upgrade.

To put it simply Street Fighter IV has been useless since Super. Super is still relevant (as opposed to just Arcade Edition) thanks to the Ultra DLC Upgrade working off of either Super SFIV or SSFIV Arcade Edition. The base game itself (Super and Arcade Edition) are obsolete though because of Ultra.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

TARDISman posted:

Is there any way to buy a game I have on Plus to keep permanently or am I poo poo out of luck on owning Double Dragon Neon when my Plus runs out this month?

You're poo poo out of luck.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

CrashCat posted:

That's it? Not even a "beg support nicely and they might help you"? :smith:

Nope. If you buy a PS+ Freebie, you technically own it, even if it's only while you have an active PS+ Subscription. You can't buy games you already own on the store. It causes all kinds of fuckery with ownership rights.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Rinkles posted:

Here's another

PS3 US: DCER-PANK-MGDB

And I got this one. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Well, the shutdown of Home at least tells me that I need to start logging in and doing nothing to get that dumb Log Into Home 50 Times trophies because I accidentally logged into Home after they enabled Trophies for it, and I'm not letting an easy 100% sit undone. Especially when there's the potential for it to sit there forever incomplete with no way to "finish" it.

I'm weird like that. At least I've kinda given up on the "MUST PLATINUM EVERY GAME I PLAY/ONLY PLAY GAMES I ACTUALLY CAN PLATINUM" mentality. I still try to get them for games I'd actually care about though. One of these days, I will get that Yakuza 4 Platinum to go with the Yakuza 3 one.

But yeah, it's about time the Namco Museum games got put up digitally. Still have my copies of two or three of the Volumes.

• Locked thread