Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Thanks guys. I just beat Shattered Dimensions and I really enjoyed the fact that it was just plain old levels, even if it was a little repetitive. Also bonus costumes are awesome.

I'll probably get Edge of Time if I see it cheap and am bored.

The first chapter of the Fables game was sweet, I really like the soundtrack and the Toad family. The story seems interesting and it is clearly the most enjoyable thing about Fables ever.

I'm looking forward to the first episode of the next Walking Dead season but I've been holding off because I don't want to get super depressed for a few hours. You got to pick a proper time for that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaz-L posted:

Hey, it's kept the Persona franchise going.

And that's exactly it - these things exist in other genres of games but it sounds a little against the spirit of an action adventure game of a comic book hero. An expansion pack of The Sims sounds like it would accomplish things better as long as it had some fun fighting mini-games if we wanted a true day-in-the-life-type game. But if we're going to be talking about a brawler game for Spider-Man I don't want devs taking the girlfriends and food worries of San Andreas or the 100% sync objectives of Assassin's Creed and building a game around those.

It wasn't even that long ago that developers realized that Spider-Man's webs, as in his defining and iconic power, shouldn't be a kind of Special Weapon with limited ammo. And makers of open world games in general still struggle with making actual vibrant places full of content and sandbox elements rather than giant mission hubs so I don't think we're there yet to expect a kind of Peter Parker: Hero, Scientist, Photographer, Nephew, Lover magnum opus game.

Everything should be in the service of action, so photography and the money you earn from it is the story reason for the game evaluating your combos and webswinging. Or dinners/dates/gifts could be things that provide benefits and that you could purchase with xp/money alongside lots of incremental upgrades and costumes so that instead of buzzkilling the player with time limits or slowly depleting relationship status you give them a choice. Maybe a relationship with MJ fully upgraded gives you a permanent 20% health bar boost, but hey I'd rather spend every drop of xp on maxing out symbiote abilities or whatever, so MJ and Aunt May can drop dead. Or maybe I don't want a marginal upgrade to Web Blast IV and instead decide to pay Aunt May's mortgage because it means my Hero Meter replenishes faster or something. Players will still feel like they can't have it all (the Spider-Man feel that I think everyone is going for) but they won't have timers counting down in their faces.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Action Tortoise posted:

A Spider-man or Superman game where you had to switch between hero and secret identity roles could be a cool concept. You'd have to follow a schedule to make it seem like you're living a normal life but there's a list of things you have to do in a given day like stop bank robberies or fight off a rogue and then get the pics or story over to the newspaper while still remembering to show up for the night's date.

Maybe if you didn't focus on the time limit so much, but doing so made parts of the game easier. You chase down Lizard as Spider-man, snap a few pictures, and race back to The Bugle to make it to print time.

A) You make it on time - Scripted cutscene and you get bonus points to invest in leveling up your character

B) You show up late - The game goes into a cutscene where JJJ berates the hell out of you and you get the old ME dialogue wheel:

:clint: PARKER! Where have you been?! That masked menace Spider-man has been terrorizing the city again! You'd better have some amazing pictures or you're out in the street!
code:
               Sorry, boss. Stuck in traffic.
                            |
Yes, sir, Mr. Jameson. - :spidey: - Here's more amazing pics to keep your lousy rag afloat for another week
                            |
                      [Say Nothing]
Depending on these responses you would either get smaller bonuses (or maybe no bonusat all) to the points for finishing a mission. Maybe work in the whole Renegade = Black suit points everyone can't seem to get enough of.

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 8, 2014

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

CzarChasm posted:

Maybe if you didn't focus on the time limit so much, but doing so made parts of the game easier. You chase down Lizard as Spider-man, snap a few pictures, and race back to The Bugle to make it to print time.

Depending on these responses you would either get smaller bonuses (or maybe no bonusat all) to the points for finishing a mission. Maybe work in the whole Renegade = Black suit points everyone can't seem to get enough of.

Replace :clint: with :rant: and you've got a JJ emote!

Yeah, that sounds cool. The schedule doesn't have to be Dead Rising-strict, just a basic to-do list for the day and if you can hit all the points, bravo, and if you can only focus on one aspect over another, hey it ain't easy being Spider-man.

Maybe doing something as a hero benefits you as a civilian and vice versa. Rescuing hostages from Doc Ock gets you the tickets to the show you can use to treat MJ. Finding a scoop for JJ uncovers a villainous plot you wouldn't have found out in any other way. Forget the morality thing, though, that's inFamous' thing. Just make it so that equipping the black costume makes all of Pete's responses dickish by default.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why is there still no Spider-Man dating simulator?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Because most people want a game they can win.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yeah a Spider-Man dating game would just be a constant stream of setting up dates and never going on them due to fighting bad guys.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If you get to the end and win the game, it just resets for a second harder loop. It's like Ghouls and Ghosts only instead of fighting Satan you sell your marriage to him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah a Spider-Man dating game would just be a constant stream of setting up dates and never going on them due to fighting bad guys.

Or end with them getting tossed off a bridge.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
There's no New Game Plus. You just talk to Mephisto to reset everything.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Action Tortoise posted:

There's no New Game Plus. You just talk to Mephisto to reset everything.

Then you get the Carlie option and she is perfect.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ah, the Dark Souls of dating sims.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I went and looked for more ASM 2 information:

Amazon.com posted:

Evil never sleeps. Embrace your power and protect your playground.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 takes place alongside the events of the second film in a unique story as Spider-Man searches for Uncle Ben’s killer. You’ll encounter both new foes and old friends as you discover a larger threat to New York City. Fan-favorite Marvel characters are woven together with movie villains in a twisted web of adrenaline-fueled, free-roaming, web-slinging action!

Game Features

• New Heroism system: "Hero or Menace" system rewards you for acting as Spider-Man by stopping crime and saving citizens, but face the consequences if you don’t keep down crime rates.
    Expansive NYC: Explore and take on villains in a more expansive Manhattan cityscape than the previous Amazing Spider-Man.

• Play as Peter Parker: Play as Spider-Man’s citizen alter-ego persona as you investigate the motivations of multifaceted villains.

• All-Star Villain Cast: Wide cast of Spider-Man universe and movie villains, each with their own unique boss battle encounters.

• Advanced Combat & Upgrades: New abilities and expanded fast-paced, acrobatic combat moves bring players up close and personal as Spidey takes down foes.

• All New Web Arsenal: New web-swing mechanic includes expanded web-shooter capabilities and chemical properties that allow you to freeze and blow up items on impact.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spider-Man-2-PlayStation-3/dp/B00FRESXSA/

I do remember this stuff being in the press release so...yeah.

As for HeroHQ's ideas, I found this:

Rei_Entri posted:

NEXT SPIDER-MAN: THE CORE GAMEPLAY
I think, without a doubt in my mind, people play video games to take a walk in a character's shoes. Escapism. Don't get me wrong, there are quick "I'm just killing time" games, and "I want to have fun with my friends" games. Though, I think that a single player comic book character-based game is meant to make you feel like you are that character. Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, have shown what it's about and how to do it. Not in terms of copying that gameplay, but in following the structure.

This is not a post to discuss specific ideas for the next Spider-Man game. This is a topic discussing what the core gameplay is.

Personally, I think Arkham Asylum/City break down to six things: Plot, Characters, Abilities/moveset, Gameplay, Side Gameplay and Extras.

Plot:
A story that is taken seriously, and deeply involves the main character we are playing as. Essentially it should answer "Why am I playing this?" and "What do I have to do here?" A good Spider-Man game should have a reason that Spidey is doing what he does, while at the same time allowing us to make our own choices as him. You're presented with a problem and have to come up with your own ways of solving that problem. The actual "plot" should only drive you along to do those things. Characters making choices and doing things, causing you to respond.

Characters:
People like seeing their favorite characters. Even generic enemies should generally be interesting. The thugs of the recent Batman games are not pushovers. You truly get to feel like Batman, so they're not too tough in comparison, but they will kill you if given the chance. They also talk about interesting things and make it seem like a real world. Small details like simply discussing larger more mainstream characters like The Joker, Harley or Two-Face.
Spider-Man's enemies should offer interesting insight on those they work for. To assume that a villain working for Black Cat is not going to say anything when she leaves the room is silly. Likewise for any other character. And then the main characters should definitely have an on-screen prescence. Doc Ock appearing should definitely make the player nervous for a moment. However your abilities, should give you the confidence to not back down.

Abilities:
More than just fancy tricks, spidey's moves should be useful and multi-faceted. Web should be something that spidey uses for a reason, not to just spray all over town. Especially if we're to believe that he has web shooters and not organic webbing. Developers rely too heavily on the web. His mode of travel should be Le Parkour/Free Run/Urban Ninja with web swinging as an alternative. Again, I'm NOT saying take web swinging out or anything, I'm just saying that as a character he should feel adequate without it. Did any of you ever try playing these games without swinging? Very boring, very slow. It shouldn't feel that way.
In the Batman games you can grapple or glide, and they both have their own uses. In future Spidey games, swinging might get you there faster, but running and jumping might have it's advantages too.
Also, in Batman, you get "Detective Mode" and other ocular abilities, they help you see through walls or find special things. The problem was easily summarized: "Why turn it off?" However, one of the things that Rocksteady did for Arkham City was to not only give you more modes, so that you don't rely on just one, it also made the visuals become somewhat confusing if you left it on. There was a REASON to turn it off. Spider-Man's gameplay should be interesting without relying on specifics movesets or abilities.

Gameplay:
Spider-Man games should be more than...
Introduction of level>Horde of Generic Baddies>Next Room>More Generics>Next Room>A puzzle that a baby could figure out> Sub Boss>Generics>Boss.
Sadly, that's how it's felt for a while in Spidey games. For a super powered being with a genius level intellect, he should be doing more than punching his way through enemies. Why not allow players to do more things that use his brain or powers without relying on any specific one? For example: a level that needs you to master sticking to walls and not touching the ground? Maybe a level that needs spidey to swing accurately? The original Spider-Man game for N64, Dreamcast and PSX did not rely heavily on hordes of enemies or specific abilities to tell the story.

Side Gameplay:
As I said above...Escapism. No one wants to be forced to do one thing for hours on end. Batman games have recently let players Collect Riddler Trophies, Solve Puzzles, Look for clues and easter eggs, Explore the unlocked areas and backtrack, collect audio recordings, look for "chatter teeth", etc etc..It wasn't just about the plot, and Arkham City added even more things. both games also implemented alternate costumes. So let's translate that to Spider-man. Fans keep talking about costumes, including the original outfit and Peter Parker, but they'd also like random crimes to go on unlimited. Why not make those crimes more in depth? I say take a cue from every single Spider-Man game yet:
-Fires you have to rescue people from.
-Falling off of buildings
-Gangs
-Gang fights
-Gangs breaking into rooftops
-Gang Tours
-Destruction. If there's a bad guy that's playable, or even as Spider-Man himself. And like when you played as Venom in USM, he'd have to run from SHIELD or maybe have a random boss fight with another hero like Ironfist, Daredevil, Elektra or Luke Cage.
-Thieves breaking into stores and rooftops
-Races
-Races against other famous characters
-Randomly generated boss fights
-Speeding cars
-Hurt pedestrians from car accidents
-Children and Teenagers(instead of balloons, maybe they'd like Spidey to perform tricks. they could take the place of the Hot air balloon and TRICK RACES)
-Photos around the city for special reports (Like with chang)
-Photos for the Bugle
-Dates (Like you have to meet MJ or whomever somewhere and so you have to get there on time, or sometimes she wants you to just swing her around)
-Pizza Delivery (This could easily be changed into something else)
-City Tokens
-Landmark Tokens
-Spider-Logos you have to get photos of to unlock costumes
-Stores that upgrade and unlock things
-Your apartment to switch costumes and replay levels, talk to Gwen/MJ
-Movie theater to view cutscenes
-Talk to other characters (like in Web of shadows)

That would be an awesome combination of all the free-roam Spider-Man games. And is about equal with what you can do with any other free roam game like GTA or Saints Row.

Extras:
I think people would like the same extras that any other game offers. Let's take a look:
-Extra Costumes available on the disc from day 1
-Playable Characters (Unlockable is fine, even DLC is fine...Even costumes that give you different powers could fit under this, just change up gameplay)
-Figurines with audio. People like the character designs and want to look at the characters without having to play the game again.
-Unlockables. (Moves, skills, upgrades, comic books, alternate endings)
-Easter Eggs in-game
-Cameos and guest appearances

That would be, to me, the core gameplay necessary for any future Spider-Man free-roam games. And these are all things that players have gotten in other games. Even other Spider-Man games. So why not put it all together? It is more profitable to make a game that fans want, than to make sub-par games over and over.

The thread I took this from has a LOT more ideas so click: http://community.herohq.com/thread/200513024 if you want to read more.

Personally, I think the idea is far beyond whatever Activision could've ever done. Maybe even Beenox. Hopefully, with the Spider-Man license now removed, there'll be a decent SM game.

Also, another thing, the Spider-Man and X-Men game licenses were to last until 2017...so Marvel/Disney definitely have other plans. I'm sure Activision intended to keep paying them until 2017.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Regardless of what Disney/Marvel are planning I would be legit surprised if the next full Spider-Man game was not just Amazing Spider-Man 3 with effectively the same gameplay that came before it.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Waterhaul posted:

Regardless of what Disney/Marvel are planning I would be legit surprised if the next full Spider-Man game was not just Amazing Spider-Man 3 with effectively the same gameplay that came before it.

I don't doubt that at all. They'll find someone to make an Amazing Spider-Man 3 game.

I'm wondering how the loss of the license is affecting the development of ASM 2, actually. Beenox really seems to care for the license and to make all Spider-Man fans happy (hell, they got Josh Keaton, Christopher Daniel Barnes, Dan Gilvezan, and Neil Patrick Harris all in the same game JUST because they knew fans missed those voices of Spider-Man...then they got CDB and Josh Keaton back again for Edge of Time). I wouldn't be surprised, considering they're still working on the game, if they're doing their damndest to polish it up as best they can.

Granted, there's only a few months left until release since it'll be coming sometime before ASM 2 actually releases, but we'll see.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 10, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

I don't know why that'd be the case. They can't just give those assets to someone else and expect them to figure it out. If anything it'll be an ASM3 that is markedly worse than the last one because they have to start over.

Or more likely it'll just be some lovely iOS game. The thing with licensed games and the new consoles is that the extreme development costs are starting to outweigh the benefits of even making them in the first place. Notice that practically no one makes movie games on modern consoles anymore, even on the 360/PS3.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jan 10, 2014

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'd be surprised if the Amazing Spider-Man games had notably high budgets ascribed to them. The game industry might be pushing harder and harder against their feasible budgeting limits for AAA titles, and paying the price, but budget titles are still getting made, especially with a license attached.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

I don't know why that'd be the case. They can't just give those assets to someone else and expect them to figure it out. If anything it'll be an ASM3 that is markedly worse than the last one because they have to start over.

Or more likely it'll just be some lovely iOS game. The thing with licensed games and the new consoles is that the extreme development costs are starting to outweigh the benefits of even making them in the first place. Notice that practically no one makes movie games on modern consoles anymore, even on the 360/PS3.

This is what everyone is worrying about, it seems. The new fad in gaming seems to be mobile games that play on iOS (and only iOS, apparently) so we'll get someone like Gameloft doing a mobile game. Remember, The Dark Knight Rises' ONLY game was Gameloft's mobile game. There was also a mobile version of ASM made by Gameloft that Marvel touted right along side the console versions.

If Gameloft gets the license though, it's going to suck. Badly. They LOVE in-app purchases probably more than EA. At least they'd bring it to Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone too so they could take money from everyone. Then again, they also made Spider-Man: Total Mayhem which felt more like Spider-Man than the console games (until Shattered Dimensions came along the same year two months after SM:TM dropped). Since SM:TM, however, they've been bringing all the in-app purchases they can...as is the new "it thing" in mobile games.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'd be surprised if the Amazing Spider-Man games had notably high budgets ascribed to them. The game industry might be pushing harder and harder against their feasible budgeting limits for AAA titles, and paying the price, but budget titles are still getting made, especially with a license attached.

Well, yeah, I guess we haven't seen what next-gen shovelware looks like yet. But it's still cheaper to make and put that poo poo out on iOS.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Hakkesshu posted:

Well I meant more in that it would be the same style of game not exact same assets. As in I don't expect Marvel to reinvent the wheel when they start work on a new Spider-Man game. And yeah I don't doubt that they'll poo poo out as many IOS games as possible but they did good with Marvel Heroes despite a rocky start.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Marvel Heroes is weird, because you can tell that the company that made it gave a crap. But it's also not a tie-in game, so maybe they had more time and liberty to make it good.

I'd like to see Disney just licensing out their stuff to companies that actually want to make games, similar to what happened with Warner. That's what I hoped would happen with Star Wars, but then they just dumped it all on EA's porch and welp.

Either way at least it's getting out of Activision's hands, because man was there nothing exciting going on under that roof.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I bet if it the Marvel game-making license goes anywhere it'll be straight to EA the second that Battlefront money starts rolling in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am way to amused by the lego versions of some of the marvel writers and artists in Lego Marvel.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
When is someone going to get serious and give us a proper next generation follow up to Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? Because I still miss that game. I think it sold OK and everyone I know who played it loved it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

When is someone going to get serious and give us a proper next generation follow up to Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? Because I still miss that game. I think it sold OK and everyone I know who played it loved it.

It was called Prototype. It was better in some ways, worse in others. Prototype 2 isn't very good, though.

Then they made a sequel to that and it was called Saints Row 4.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
You can even turn your skin green in Saint's Row 4 and make your bodytype gigantic.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hakkesshu posted:

It was called Prototype. It was better in some ways, worse in others. Prototype 2 isn't very good, though.

Then they made a sequel to that and it was called Saints Row 4.

Prototype? I think you mean Carnage: Ultimate Destruction

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

One of the mission objectives in Prototype 2 is "Kill all Nerds". Prototype 2 owns.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I'm sure it isn't any indication of actual quality but there's a new trailer for Amazing Spider-Man 2. Looks pretty good and their Kraven redesign isn't too shabby, still distinctively him while being more "realistic".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUXS8c5QatQ

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eh... gameplay looks basically the same as the first one. Same animations in combat, same 'stick dudes to wall' stealth takedowns... same detached autopilot webslinging. :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That looks pretty good (then again, I enjoyed a lot the first game :v:)

Am I insane or that Kraven looks a little like Ra's Al Ghul?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

Eh... gameplay looks basically the same as the first one. Same animations in combat, same 'stick dudes to wall' stealth takedowns... same detached autopilot webslinging. :(

Sigh, you're absolutely right. In fact it looks pretty much identical as the first, as in no improvements at all. Maybe what, some new shoddily animated moves? What a letdown of a trailer. :(

EDIT: Although this YouTube comment almost makes up for it:

quote:

TreasureBoxReviews 9 hours ago

I've been Kraven a new Spider-Man game.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It looks good, but so did the first game. Hopefully it isn't laughably shallow and boring to play, too. I'm willing to give it a shot if, and only if, Spidey's webs don't stick into thin air. Anyone who's making a Spider-Man game and makes that design decision should be loving ashamed of themselves.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

It looks good, but so did the first game. Hopefully it isn't laughably shallow and boring to play, too. I'm willing to give it a shot if, and only if, Spidey's webs don't stick into thin air. Anyone who's making a Spider-Man game and makes that design decision should be loving ashamed of themselves.

The thin air thing wasn't what killed webswinging in the first one. It was that it was basically just driving a car 100ft in the air. Hold the trigger and steer. No timing, no thought really needed. Nothing even like the speed boost you could get in SM2 and USM (and I think, in Web of Shadows). It made what should be the core mechanic perfunctory, so they could try and copy Arkham.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaz-L posted:

The thin air thing wasn't what killed webswinging in the first one. It was that it was basically just driving a car 100ft in the air. Hold the trigger and steer. No timing, no thought really needed. Nothing even like the speed boost you could get in SM2 and USM (and I think, in Web of Shadows). It made what should be the core mechanic perfunctory, so they could try and copy Arkham.

Which is a great comparison to make because webswinging is just like a car... when it's doing a stunt jump and grabbing huge air. That's the appeal. The developers thinking "ah webswinging, it's just his way of getting around, let's make it automatic to help the player out" completely loses sight of why people like it in the first place because with each new swing it's a new thrill if the player-character is having to fight gravity and obstacles to stay aloft. Webswinging is basically the "the floor is lava" game that you would play as a kid on your furniture.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

No, but it bothered me way more than it probably should have :colbert:

You're right, though. The whole thing that made Spider-Man 2 so great was the fact that there was some depth and a learning curve to the webswinging. It really speaks to how lazy the first ASM game felt. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that only like 1 or 2 movie games made in the past decade have been great, but it's still phenomenally annoying that nothing more has been done with the Spider-Man license in general.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 23, 2014

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

And I was all excited for the :siren: BLACK WEBBING :siren:

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
If this were developed by a team that took its time developing this then I would probably be more excited for this. However, since this game is being published by Activision I am worried that the developers won't have enough time to fix the mistakes of the original.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
If they do interior levels, they really should work on the camera so that it doesn't gently caress you over when you're on the ceiling. And they should also work on their stealth mechanics because more often than not I'd get the stealth prompt but immediately after I pressed the action button the guy would turn around and I would stomp on him and alert every guard in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Waterhaul posted:

As usual let me know if you think there is something missing. As mentioned in the last thread a lot of Marvel licenses are expiring so if you're looking to get something digitally grab it while you can.

It's kind of ancient and nostalgia might be making me be too kind to it, but X2: Wolverine's Revenge was a really good Wolverine solo game, especially since it was made back when a superhero game being loving garbage was almost guaranteed. As the title implies, it's ostensibly tied into the second X-men film but that goes about as far as the intro, some of the character designs, and the outfit you start out with, and the rest is pure comic book goodness (and you can unlock classic spandex outfits early on). Mark Hamil also kills it on the voice acting.

Fumaofthelake posted:

The game had all these unique executions set up, but actually using any of them caused you to LOSE points. If I recall correctly, the game wasn't even going to get an M rating unless they made the executions black and white (pretty cool) and punished the player for using them (not cool).

Still a really fun game.

I always thought that the fact that the game doesn't reward you for the executions and flat-out guilts you over many of them was actually a lot more fitting in a meta-narrative sense for Punisher. It reminds you that he's a horrible person and that what he does is hosed up and destroying what's left of his humanity.

Dan Didio posted:

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 is a better game, warts and all, than Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1, warts and all.

I will never stop fighting you on this. You are wrong. Wrong!! :mad:

• Locked thread