Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Aubrey Murphy FP XXO | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XOOOO]

Aubrey tries to grab the phone from Tavleen to prevent her from broadcasting this to the entire school. "We're trying to solve the problem! We were falsely accused! And there's no such thing as a scoop gland!"

Quick approach
[21:08] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -+-++1 = 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Locker Halls [Aubrey, Laura, Tom]

Quick defend: <Krysmbot> Ettin, +-/-+1 = 0

"Hey!" Tavleen flails at it a few times, then swivels so she's sitting on the locker row with her legs dangling near you. "You can't just go takin' othah people's stuff like that, it's not right! Wait, is that what you guys ah doing here? You breakin' into people's lockahs like some kinda pervert raccoon?"

Tavleen's eyes gleam. "Because I know a certain someone who could help! A certain intrepid, wicked cute, phone-havin' someone, who might also be receptive ta a bit of flattery."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey makes sure to delete the tweet. "I can't imagine who you're talking about." She sticks the phone in her bag. "But maybe you can help instead. I'll give you an exclusive if you do, AND if you keep it quiet until everything's sorted out."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
"Oh! That hurt my feelings. But I know ya don't mean it, so I'll make you an exclusive offer!"

Tavleen taps the optical head-mounted display cunningly disguised as glasses on her head, and an augmented reality window appears behind her. It appears to be displaying a list of locker combinations for everyone in your class.

"My silence and this handy list in exchange for my phone back! Also, no questions about where I got this."

Tavleen is offering you the chance to snoop in people's lockers without having to throw approaches at them! You have time to investigate 4 as a group before having to deal with another encounter in here; if you deal with it you can investigate some more, though. Also, Tavleen is on your side now! Or at least not exposing you.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

FP/Refresh: 2/3 Hope: OOO

"You sure about the scoop gland, Aubrey?" Tom shrugs easily as he slides his guitar on. "I dunno. Maybe cats have one." He glances at the AR window, then stares as he resists the urge to start batting at it with his hand.

"Nyice backdrop...uh, I mean! I say we stick our nyoses into that fat man from detention! What was his nyame...uh...Fred!"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Daddy? I know you're here!" calls Jia. "Can we please skip the leaping out of bushes and testing my prowess bit today? It's sort of important."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

"Nyice backdrop...uh, I mean! I say we stick our nyoses into that fat man from detention! What was his nyame...uh...Fred!"

"That's a good idea! You should get to it." Aubrey turns back to Laura. "I think we should check Daigo and Kaiya too. I'll get his locker if you get hers."

(x)

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 3/3 | Hope OOO

"Woah, Tavleen, I never expected you to snitch on some good info. Looks like we won't have to go and break these things open, now." Laura brings out her phone and snaps a picture of the list, for current and future reference.

"And that sounds like a plan to me," The girl flashes a thumbs up at Aubrey. "I'll see if that girl has something that she wouldn't rap about. I just gotta stop by my locker and get my backpack first so that I'm not carrying around this thing in my shirt all day. It's kinda uncomfortable." Laura points at the noticeable outline of forbidden loot stuffed in the backside of her clothing. "Also in case there's anything worth taking from Kaiya's locker."

"We should probably hit up Konami's locker while this place is empty," She stops, and turns back towards the reporter. "well, mostly empty. Because if that girl finds out that we're going through her stuff she'll probably try to beat us up. Sound good?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Sounds good to me... actually, we should probably check each other's lockers too. Not that I don't trust you," Aubrey holds her hands up defensively. "So we can tell the others we did. Also, we probably shouldn't take anything. I mean, it's not very nice, but more importantly in case something happens later. In fact, I have some tape in my locker. We should tape each one after we check it so we know if someone has been in them after us."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Oh, what, so you're saying you do trust me, then?" Laura raises an eyebrow at Aubrey, "I don't hear that often. It's okay to say you don't if you don't, though. You don't need to look out for my feelings."

"I don't really like the idea of other people looking through my stuff, and I don't really care too much about what you have in your locker. But if Queen Snitch here has all our combinations anyway, I suppose privacy doesn't mean much. I am also fine with doing whatever it takes to shut people up. Do you want to just get that out of the way, then? I can get the tape from your locker, Aubrey, and I guess you can take a look at mine."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

"Mine's open already," Tom offers, "so if you want to look through sheet myusic and cat toys, be my guest, nyah!"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Giving you guys time to react, then Sebastian gets to see what's on the tape :getin:

"Hey," Tavleen protests. "I don't just go snoopin' in people's lockahs for no reason! People kept trying ta take stuff from the Ahcane Gazette's office and hide it for some reason. It's like they don't know information wants ta be free!"

You peep some lockers!

Daigo

Daigo's locker is totally impeccable, not even dust. There's a neat little pile of textbooks and notebooks, several ridiculous costumes made of things like armor plating or black leather hung up on hangers, and a small plastic crate of props, like fake gems and etc. There's also a thin metal folder with an electronic keypad lock on it.

Fred

Fred's locker contains a small computer monitor with an anime maid girl Limited AI that automatically greets her master when the door is opened.

If you actually keep looking after that, you find several books on libertarian theory, a flash drive marked with a Bitcoin symbol, some magical girl anime DVDs, a plush toy from the children's TV show Cuddlefish, an ancient tome titled "How To Win Friends And Influence People", and a sketch book.

Kaiya

Kaiya's locker is a huge mess. Most of the clutter is a spare pair of sneakers, a jewelry safe, her spellbook (a tablet with some tough as hell security containing her government-censored digital tomes), a load of glitter and hair products, a selection of sunglasses, and a legal abridged copy of the Shinwa Taizen.

Konami

Konami's locker is a bit of a mess. There are pictures of dudes (usually fighting, sometimes shirtless) taped to the walls, and it contains a single red headband, a speedo, a tub of hair gel, a spare pair of fighting gloves, and a first aid kit. Investigating the kit turns up a bottle of pills labelled "Dalopine" - apparently it's a powerful anti-psychotic.

Baskerville Woods [Jia]

"Yes, my child?"

Sifu Wudang

Aspects: All the Strength of a Coursing River; Mysterious As the Dark Side of the Moon; "Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!"

Sifu is standing on a nearby tree branch, practicing some kind of fighting stance. You think it's the Crane or the Flamingo or something. What he actually looks like is a massive dork.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Sadly for everybody involved, Tom is the one who opens up Fred's locker (at Aubrey's insistence). The smell of old snacks and older dirt hitting his nose straight-up knocks him over.

"Nyah-hah-haaaaagh!" he yelps, holding his nose with both hands as he falls on his tail. "How do you live like this, nya?! I was cleaner when I was a kitten in Ulthar!" After a few moments of trepidation, and a few moments more of cocking his head at the Cuddlefish plushie--"Smells like a real fish after a myonth!"--he picks up the sketchbook and starts flipping through it. "So what should I look for? Something labelled Shen-nya-whatever? A sketch of that ropey statue thing?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Daigo's locker isn't what Aubrey expected - on the other hand, she was expecting an elevator leading to a secret underground command center, so maybe her expectations were a little too high. She fiddles with the keypad lock on the folder but gives it up for a bad job. "Maybe we should bring this..."

Careful to crack it.
[22:54] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, --+-+3 = 1
Nope.

Aubrey shrugs, and moves on to Kaiya's locker. That, is much more in line with her expectations. She considers the extra pair of sneakers in Kaiya's locker. "Wasn't she going back to the dorm for sneakers? How many pairs does she have?" She puts those aside and tries to jewelry safe.

Careful to crack this one!
[22:54] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -++/+3 = 4
That's better.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

Laura starts at Kaiya's locker. "Nice bling. We got some magic books and stuff, too." For a moment, her eyes glaze over with criminal intent. That safe and those sunglasses seem ripe for the taking, even if the former would need to be broken open. Hell, even the glitter has a lot of potential mischievous uses...

...But now isn't really the time for that. It's tempting, but not that tempting. Maybe sometime later, when everybody isn't so worked up.

Next is Konami's locker. "Mostly just buff dudes in here," Laura chuckles. "Oh, and some drugs, too." She takes the pill bottle out of the locker, and looks at it closely. Now here's something interesting. For a moment she considers pocketing it, but as she does, the image of an angry, hulking, and off-meds Konami flashes in her imagination. On second thought, maybe it's best to leave these where they are. Laura, for once, obediently puts the potential loot back where it belongs.

At this point, her attention shifts to the loud feline yell that rings throughout the hall. Forgetting that there was a pretty good reason she chose not to go through Fred's locker, Laura's feet start moving in that direction. "Well Tom, I guess we should be looking for-"

Laura freezes in place, like a deer in the headlights, as she lays her eyes upon Fred's museum of filth and sadness. "Eeewww..." Her disgust starts to slide into horror as her mind starts processing the individual contents of the locker. "Is that... is that..."

The girl rushes forward and grabs the bright, pink anime DVDs. Her mouth hangs agape as she stares at the objects in her hands. "Ohhh... my... GOD."

Takanago fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 13, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Yes, there's totally Lunar Princess Laura Lovecraft merchandise in there.

You guys each get an advantage with an invoke representing what information you took an interest in:

Aubrey gets Sneakers, Huh?, Laura gets Konami's Dalopine, and Tom gets Fred's Sketchbook.

In the sketchbook itself...

Tom thinks Fred is learning to draw manga-style. The first half of the book is mostly awkward, poorly-drawn art of anime girls and parts of the school, plus plans for some kind of Dominic Deegan-esque webcomic. After a while the art improves, but the subjects don't - there's original Cuddlefish characters, Fred as a Cuddlefish character, and fanart of your female classmates as a collection of magical girls in elaborate yet showy outfits and stupid animal ears. Madoka and Aubrey are apparently cats, Konami is some kind of dog, Jia has a monkey tail...

SAN loss time! :getin: Davin: This book gets to make a mental attack on you for reading it. HOWEVER, you can avoid the attack (and possible consequences/having to blow FP) by showing the sketchbook to the other two, giving everyone the negative aspect Stared Into The Abyss for, say, the rest of this page.

Cinema Club Room [Sebastian]

Jesus.

This movie is actually pretty short - ten, twenty minutes tops. Only the first five minutes are coherent.

As far as Sebastian can tell, the plot is about adventurous American Hank and some other white guys heading to China on a quest to stop the evil Shen Lung from finding the tomb of some forgotten Chinese emperor and finding a powerful amulet he can use to take over England and steal all its women. The only actual Chinese actor in this movie is Hank's mysterious guide Ming Ming, Shen Lung is clearly a white guy with his eyes taped, fake giant teeth and a Fu Manchu.

The bad news is, Sebastian has committed himself to watching this loving thing. The good news is, after that first five minutes it stops being racist and goes back to confusing!

Whoever was cutting this film together decided to remove entire chunks of it, play scenes out of order, splice different scenes into each other, add different takes of the same scene and basically just screw everything up. Eventually the camera stops jumping scenes and settles on an open-air shrine by what could be either a lake or the ocean:

The camera's running early - instead of the movie it's picking up some pre-shoot preparations. Hank and the movie's Director are both on the screen, wearing fedoras and the nice suits you saw in that lockbox. The Director is chatting with a new guy who looks like a local guide.

quote:

Director: It's perfect! And you're sure the locals don't mind?

Guide: Oh, no, no, they insist!

Hank: Locals, shmocals. Come on, let's get this done so we can go back to America and eat some real food.

Ming Ming: (apparently has a British accent when not acting a stereotype) I haven't seen an altar like that before. Whose is it?

Guide: Oh, it's Shenshashen. He loves visitors, don't worry.

Director: (stepping up to the altar) Well, this looks like a good place for the fight scene. So, this is where Ming Ming has been captured by Shen Lung..

The next couple minutes are boring. Ming Ming sits by the altar and lets the prop guys pretend to chain her arms to it while she practices swooning at the camera, a bunch of bit actors (probably poorly-paid Chinese dudes they picked up on the way) mill around getting ready to pretend to be easily-dispatchable evil samurai or whatever, Hank looks antsy like something about this place bugs him, the Director checks out the altar, etc.

Then the Guide shoots the Director in the back.

He slumps over the altar. People scream and flip out, Ming Ming tries to get up, and the Guide just stands there watching the ocean. Hank draws and actual weapon and charges in and is suddenly slapped away by a squid tentacle that just reached out of the ocean.

Then people really start screaming. The squid is trying to knock people down or drag them into the water like some lovely B-movie villain, but you're pretty sure most of the commotion is just people running and screaming.

It starts to rain. Before the camera cuts out you can make out the Guide kneeling at the altar and shouting "Iä! Shenshashen! Iä! Shub..."

...And Sebastian assesses the Ancient One! Shenshashen, Avatar Of Shub-Niggurath.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sebastian Albert FP: 3/3 Hope: OOO

".....Jesus." Sebastian leans against the nearest desk to assess what he just saw, letting the film spin in the projector before turning the thing off. "That must be the same Shenshashen from the statue. An avatar of Shub-Niggurath...Guess that explains why it was in the Forbidden section." He takes the reel of film out of the projector and places it back in the canister and into his bag. "I gotta tell the others about this. I hope they're still at the lockers." Slinging his bag over his shoulder, Sebastian goes to the front of the room, pulls the screen up, and heads out the door to the locker hall.

(x)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP/Refresh: 2-1/3 Hope: OOO

"Nya?" Tom's complete Earth-cultural ignorance is plain on his face as he starts flipping through the sketchbook with one hand. The other is holding his nose--the book smells, musty and sweaty and ugh. "Nya...Nya? Huh...I think he wishes he lived in Ulthar. There's a few people in here with ears like myine...although nyobody in the Dreamlands wears that!"

After a few seconds he tilts his head quizzically. "Nyah? Wait...this is Myadoka! And this one looks like you, Aubrey!" Ignoring the smell, he moves the book closer to his eyes. "Konyami...hiss, he gave her dog's ears! Jia has...I don't knyow." He flips the page one more time...

...and comes to a sketch of himself. As a female queen cat. Wearing a lot less than usual, and with...uh...UHM...

"Nyaaaaaaaaaaa-haaaaaaah?!"

He quickly slams the book closed, throws it back into the locker, then clambers on top of the bank of lockers opposite, curling into a ball and bringing his tail up to his face.

"Nyah...wha...why would he do that, nyah..."

[21:56:40] <Davin_Valkri> Quick defense!
[21:56:43] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+2
[21:56:44] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, -+--+2 = 0
And none of Tom's aspects suggest any sort of mental willpower...

He swivels his guitar back in front of him, and with a twitching hand starts strumming a piece that Prof. Zann taught him. He does his level best to focus on his hands and the music coming out instead of...THAT.

...oh, wait! I invoke my Passion to flip that roll around, making it +4!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 3-> 4 / 3 | Hope OOO

Laura's face turns red and she clenches her teeth furiously as she stares at the things in her hands. "I can't loving believe it! Of all the places of this to see this again, it has to be here?!" The younger and cheerier image of Laura Lovecraft on the DVD case simply stares back at her. It only makes her feel worse.

"gently caress you, Fred, you loving creep! I don't need you buying my goddamn merchandise. I bet you don't understand the first thing about being a hero! Ugh!" Holding the cases with both hands, she angrily snaps them in two. And then, for good measure, she throws them to the ground and stomps on them repeatedly.

As she grinds shattered bits of DVD into the ground with her heel, it seems to be over. But as she looks back upwards, and again into Fred's locker, the fire in her heart is not calmed one bit. Her right hand reaches up and tears off the crescent moon pendant that hangs around her neck. "Magical Lunar Scepter..." Saying a few magical words, Laura's charm starts transforming in her hand. As it does, she waves and twirls it around in a motion that has been practiced hundreds of times before until finally it takes the shape of a hefty metallic wand.

"...aaaaAAAAHH!" Screaming, Laura swings it over her head and smashes it into the insides of Fred's locker. And then she does it again, and again, and again.

Compelling Burnt-Out Magical Girl (though other aspects could also work here) to place Laura in an especially foul mood and possibly cause trouble by wrecking Fred's locker.

(x)

Takanago fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 14, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia sighs. At least he's not talking to the squirrels again. "Hi Daddy. Um, we've got sort of a problem at school..." howdoiphrasethissohedoesn'tinterfere "Someone's desecrated a shrine to a god I don't know, named Shenshashen. The headmaster seems really annoyed so I said I'd ask you."

Her fingers work the phone's screen.

http://wudanggirl.tumblr.com/

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Daigo Minami
FP: 2/3 Hope: OOO

"Hmm...I haven't even heard that name before," he mumbles, disconcerted. How is it that there is a student who has escaped his notice? (There are plenty.) He runs one more quick check on this Dudley Buffington before standing up and addressing Konami.

"Commander, how much time would you estimate we have before Lovelace returns? I would like to get some more investigation done, but I fear the consequences if he comes back to an almost empty detention hall."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Student Council Tech Office [Daigo]

Dudley Buffington is a student one grade below you and a member of the Computer Club and the Anime Society, with not much influence in either. Other than making a card for the local magical girl he seems pretty clean, but that just means he's only potentially in a lot of trouble instead of loads.

Konami waggles her hand. "He said he'd bring food. Maybe an hour? Madoka can probably give us a heads-up."

Whether you want to do more research here or head elsewhere, Daigo has time!

Baskerville Woods [Jia]

Sifu hops down and strokes his beard.

"Shenshashen? That is interesting. If I remember correctly... he was a river demon. People would throw sacrifices in the river to keep him from flooding it. They said he was a spirit of the sand on the edge of the river bank, never truly in either. If someone has offended Shenshashen I suppose they'd be fine if they didn't go for a swim."

"Would you like me to take a look at it?"

You hear a soft snapping sound, like someone putting their glasses in their case. When you turn, Azumi is there.

She does not look pleased.

"I gave you a chance and now you're pulling this poo poo?! Are you trying to get caught? Get the gently caress back in the Hall or I'll kick your rear end so hard it will be on the news!"

Thanks to your compel (and noise) the encounter I promised has become CONFLICT WITH AZUMI. Here's her sheet:

quote:

AZUMI KAMIYAMA
Aspects: Foul Mouth, Fouler Temper; "I'll gently caress You Up!"; Cold Heart Of Gold
Trouble: Dodecatuple Secret Probation
Passion: LARPing
Magic: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Approaches
Careful: Medicore (+0)
Clever: Average (+1)
Flashy: Fair (+2)
Forceful: Good (+3)
Quick: Average (+1)
Sneaky: Fair (+2)

Stunts
I Don't Have Time For This poo poo!: When displaying her magic prowess, Azumi can create advantages Forcefully instead of Carefully.
Either Way I'm The Boss: Each scene, Azumi can decide to place either Boss Girl or Right Hand Girl on herself. As the Right Hand Girl, the student council and any student with a position of authority fears her; as Boss Girl, everyone else does.
Level 18 Samurai: Azumi deals 2 extra stress when she attacks with her bokken.

Authority OOOO (-2/-4)

Azumi's Quick is +1 and you guys are either +1 or +2, so how about you three go and then Azumi goes. Sebastian will show up in the second round!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey was trying in vain to hold Laura back on her locker destroying rampage, and to get Tom to quit it with the guitar, and then Azumi shows up. "Oh, just never mind! I don't have time to deal with this logically." She yanks something out of her own conveniently nearby locker and yanks her scarf up over her face. "Sorry, Azumi."

Then she shoots her a whole bunch with a paintball marker loaded with pepper-balls, so she won't be able to see them to beat the stuffing out of them.

Carefully placing the aspect Lachrymator (That Means It Makes You Cry)
[22:45] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +++++3 = 7
It has three free Invokes

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 16, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 4 / 3 | Hope OOO

"You think I care?" Laura stops beating on Fred's locker for a moment and gives Azumi a cold, harsh glare. "I can do whatever the gently caress I want, and it doesn't matter to me what happens or who catches me doing it. And right now I am in such a bad goddamn mood that there is no way that I'm letting your sellout rear end bring me back to detention. But if you want a fight..."

The girl turns back around and slams her baton into the fat man's locker's door, completely breaking off one of it's hinges. She then repeats this a few times, until the door falls right off. After it crashes loudly onto the floor, Laura picks it up by the handle and holds it like a crude tower shield.

"...you've got one. And I swear to god, if you swing that stick at me, I will turn that bokken into a broken."

Forcefully creating an advantage of Improvised Locker Shield.
Takanago> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Takanago, //-/+3 = 2
Since this using force to make an advantage by breaking something, I will add my 'Like A Wrecking Ball' stunt to add another +2 and make it a total of 4.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

EEP! "Nope, nope, nope, that's fine Daddy! I just wanted to know if you knew anything about it! I can look up the rest in the library I love you see you later bye!"

Jia sprints away, headed back for the school proper. Too close! Too close! Sorry Daddy, but I would literally die if my friends saw you right now!

Compelling My Mentor Figure Hasn't Died Yet to leave behind potentially useful parental help because it's too embarrassing

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Oh yeah, forgot two things! One: Azumi placed Boss Girl on herself again. Two, the sketch book was supposed to attack Thomas:

<Krysmbot> Ettin, +-+/+3 = 4 A tie! Thomas has the boost Shaken, which can be used against him once and then it disappears.

While I'm here, conflict! while Gorbash was posting I rolled a Quick defense for Azumi:

<Krysmbot> Ettin, /---+1 = -2 she invokes Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger to reroll! I have 2 FP left in this scene.
<Krysmbot> Ettin, ////+1 = 1

Laura creates a sweet Improvised Locker Shield. Unfortunately, Azumi misses the second part of her speech when Aubrey sprays her face (and eyes!) with pepper.

"...AAAAAAAAAH! MOTHER FUCKER!"

Jia

As Jia hustles back into the school, she runs into Kaiya heading back from Dunwich Hall. She's thrown a hoodie over her yin-yang shirt to disguise herself, though she hasn't changed the rest of her clothes so it'd only work from a distance or in a crowd. She's got a backpack slung over her shoulder, one hand jammed in her hoodie pocket and the other nursing a can of soda.

"Sup, Jia? I brought drinks, you want one?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP/Refresh: 1-1/3 Hope: OOO

"Nyaaa...nyaaa...never going to wear a dress, nyaaa...~" Tom continues to hum and strum as he suns himself by the high windows in the locker room. He really would like to just try to keep strumming his guitar and ignoring the sights he's seen, but SOMEBODY decides that busting into the locker room and yelling is more important.

...make that TWO somebodies! And one of them is the hated bokken girl! Hiss! When she looks at the torn off locker shield Laura's holding, Aubrey sprays her down with the squirt gun--serves her right, too!--and then Tom pounces down from the top of the lockers, trying to trap her in a cat hug!

"Byanzai!"

Quick attack, tagging both prior advantages created.
[17:09:53] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+2
[17:09:54] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, --/-+2 = -1
[17:10:10] <Davin_Valkri> ...FP reroll, invoking Catboy of Ulthar!
[17:10:12] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+2
[17:10:13] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, /--++2 = 1
[17:10:19] <Atlatl> pffttttt
[17:10:20] <Davin_Valkri> +5, better

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Hey, sure, thanks!" Jia takes the offered drink gladly. "Did you figure out anything about our uh, problem?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Kaiya [Jia]

Kaiya tosses the drink over with her bandaged hand and keeps walking, back to the Detention Hall.

"Well, I'm pretty sure Aubrey didn't do it." She glances sideways at Jia. "Not sure about some of our classmates. You think anyone's lying about how much time they spent in Dunwich Hall last night?..."

Not that Kaiya is suspicious of Jia or anything, but she tries to Sneakily place Sized Up:

<Krysmbot> Ettin, ++-++2 = 4

Defense: <Krysmbot> Ettin, -//++1 = 1

XOOO Edit: Thomas passed the shield invoke to Laura instead!

"I'LL BANZAI YOUR FACE!" Azumi can't see well through the pepper and the tears, but she can make out a vaguely Laura-shaped blob in front of her. She makes a few wild swings in her direction.

Attack: <Krysmbot> Ettin, +--/+3 = 2 Invoking Boss Girl for a total of 4! +2 stress if she hits thanks to her stunts.

This round, Sebastian turns up to find out what the fuss is and finds a teary-eyed Azumi busting out some sweet bokken moves in Laura's direction while Thomas jumps on her back.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 18, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sebastian happens upon the scene and immediately hides himself behind one of the lockers, peeking out to assess the situation.

"What the hell did you guys do?!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XOOOO] [Lachrymator XOO]

"We looked in Fred's locker," Aubrey tells Sebastian, as if that should adequately explain the entire disaster unfolding in front of him. Actually, it probably more than explains it. In any case, she's more focused on dealing with Azumi. She takes careful aim at the girl's hands where they grip the bokken, and fires two shots to try and dislodge her grip, like she's in a Tom Clancy novel or something.

Rolling Careful to put the Disarmed aspect on Azumi to negate the bokken damage bonus.
[22:17] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -+--+3 = 1
Invoke Lachrymator for a reroll.
[22:20] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -//-+3 = 1
Screw it, FP for Passion invoke. Makes it a 5.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP/Refresh: 0/3 Hope: OOO

"He had some freaky stuff in there, nya-ah!" Tom adds as he shifts his grip on Azumi, trying his best to hold on and restrain some of her movements as she flails towards Laura. She's a lot harder to pin down than a mouse or sparrow, he'll give her that. "Hey, Azumi! I'll bet he had some terrible drawings of you, nya!"

Going to try to Quickly place Cat-hugged on Azumi; someone else can get her while Tom's trying to restrain her.
[21:53:51] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+2
[21:53:52] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, ////+2 = 2 PFffffffft!

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 4 -> 3 / 3 | Hope OOO

Quick Defense vs Azumi: <Krysmbot> Takanago, +-/+ +2 = 3, invoking Improvised Locker Shield for free and raising that to 5.

"You're going to have to try harder than that, Azumi!" Each time Azumi swings down her sword, Laura raises up the heavy locker door to deflect it. With each block and parry, the shield becomes noticeably more battered and dented.

When the attacks let up, thanks to the Aubrey's and Tom's efforts, Laura takes the opportunity to jump backwards and put some distance between herself and her foe. And then, with a grunt, she does a full spin to build momentum and then flings her shield at Azumi. "Heads up!" she yells, as a multitude of anime girl posters join the locker door on a one-way flight into trouble.

And as most eyes in the room follow the flying object, Laura jumps backwards again towards the lockers behind her. Kicking herself off of them, she then leaps through the air at Azumi with her steel baton at the ready to do a bold, flying strike. As gravity starts bringing her down towards her opponent, Laura lets out a screaming roar the top of her lungs. "RRRAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Quick attack vs Azumi: <Krysmbot> Takanago, -+++ +2 = 4. Spending 1 FP to invoke Improvised Locker Shield again and invoking Cat-hugged (if available) and Lachrymator (That Means It Makes You Cry) for free. Each will be used for +2 bringing this to a total of 10.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 17, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

"Oh, uh.. I'm not good at reading people, really. Actually, I'm terrible at it. Really, really terrible." Jia shrugs. "I think I figured out what god someone pissed off though."

A KPrime, +-/++3 = 4 mostly blocks Kaiya's aspect but leaves her with a boost

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
~10:20 AM

Locker Halls [Aubrey, Laura, Tom, Sebastian]

<Krysmbot> Ettin, //--+1 = -1 Okay yeah not even bothering. Azumi takes the mild consequence Boppin' and the moderate consequence Migraine, and is taken out.

Azumi's bokken drops to the ground with a clatter, but she has enough agility to reach up and snatch the locker door out of the air... and then there's a loud wang as the baton bounces off her head.

Azumi unceremoniously drops to her knees and slams face-first into the carpet, unconscious.

"Holy crap!" Tavleen says. She's still here, holding up her phone to record the fight. "That was like, intense! Gonna put some wicked backin' music on dat!"

Fred's sketchbook flutters out of the locker and onto the floor. Looks like you got some sweet loot!

Speaking of, Aubrey: Kaiya's jewelry box contained some sweet bracelets and bangles and some spare protective talismans!

Detention Hall [Jia]

Kaiya saves that for soon later!

"Really? You'll have to tell me all about it, I haven't been texting you guys as much as I should. Come on, let's see what we missed."

Kaiya jams her bandaged hand back in her pocket, hustles around to the entrance so she doesn't have to grab the rope, and lets herself (and you!) in.

. . .

Looks like Daigo's investigating elsewhere. It's just Fred and Madoka in here.

"Hey," Fred waves! He's brought his laptop to Madoka's desk. "Just showing Madoka some visual novel stuff. She was curious." He leans over. "See, the plot of this one is it's a special high school for..."

Madoka gapes at the screen! She might be regretting this.

While she was left alone with Fred, Madoka picked up the moderate consequence Traumadoka.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 18, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When he decides that it's safe to come out, Sebastian comes out from behind the lockers and takes a look at the scene. "Somehow, I don't want to know what was inside Fred's locker to cause this. But that's beside the point. I checked out that film that was in the forbidden chamber. It was some awful adventure movie, but there was some behind the scenes footage attached to it. It was kinda gruesome, but the long and short of it seems to be that the name Shenshashen we saw in the chamber is the name of some kind of deity's avatar. A Shub-Niggurath, if that makes any sense."

(x)

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 3 / 3 | Hope OOO

Standing triumphantly, Laura tosses her baton into the air. It transforms back into a pendant in a cascade of sparkling light, and lands back in her open hand.

"Well, Azumi, I guess you were right! There was an rear end kicked so hard it'll be on the news! It just happened to be yours." Laura flashes a snarky grin at the passed out girl (who, unfortunately, is not even aware of her totally sick burn), and then at Tavleen.

She then turns to Sebastian. "Yeah, you don't really want to know." Her eyes scan over the destroyed fragments of Lunar Princess Laura Lovecraft merchandise near the broken locker, before spotting the sketchbook. "So Shenshashen is a... what? Some kind of divine spirit?"

"Also..." Laura grabs the discarded bokken, carefully slides it between the book's pages, and lifts it off the ground like a piece of filthy trash. "Doe anybody mind if I go and, like, burn this or something?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XOOOO] [Lachrymator XOO]

Aubrey, meanwhile, is struggling with Azumi's unconscious body. "A hand here, maybe?" She staggers to her feet with one of Azumi's arms over her shoulder. "Come one Laura, I know Fred's a creep but that was just ridiculous! We're trying to figure this out without getting caught. How exactly do we explain a smashed locker? Just - oh, nevermind. Someone grab her glasses. Let's stash her in the janitor's closet for now and finish checking the lockers. Without tearing the doors off, please."

Earlier Aubrey had stuck Kaiya's bracelets, etc in her pockets. She dumps these into Sebastian's hands, asking him to see if any of them look familiar from the movie.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

FP/Refresh: 0/3 Hope: OOO

Tom suddenly slips as Azumi no longer carries her own weight, and nearly drags him down with her. At Aubrey's advice, he grimaces, lifts her up and unceremoniously scoots over to the door marked "Janitor Supplies."

"Can somebody give us a hand with this?!" he shouts as he totters. "Who makes cats do heavy lifting, nya?!"

Once Azumi is safely deposited, Tom cranes his back to stretch in a long, lazy way...until he catches sight of the book.

"Nyah...sss! Ssss!" he hisses, making a warding gesture with his hands...which essentially look like spastic scratching motions in the air. "Burn it! Burn it to ashes, sss!"

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jia

Jia takes one look at Madoka's face and then at the screen. "What is this?! Madoka, should I punch him?"

• Locked thread