Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Takanago posted:

“Lunar Princess Laura Lovecraft”

High Concept: Burnt-Out Magical Girl
Invoke: Look pretty, fight evil
Compel: Deal with old enemies or friends again

Magic: Sparkly Moon Magic With A Dark Secret
Invoke: Shoot lunar lasers, summon sparkles
Compel: Fall prey to dark power, lose the Lunar Pendant

Passion: Juvenile Delinquency
Invoke: Cheat, break the rules, disobey authority
Compel: Get bad attention from teachers, underperform in school

Trouble: I Am Tired of Being A Hero...
Invoke: Protect myself, do what’s best for me
Compel: Ignore others in need

Aspect: ...But I Hate To See Bad Deeds Go Unpunished
Invoke: Get angry, do what’s right, give people comeuppance
Compel: Force a moral crisis, make her act out at a bad time, get too angry

Aspect: Act First, Think Later
Invoke: Be quick, take initiative
Compel: Be dumb, bring unintended consequences

Aspect: How The Hell Did I Get Secret Admirers?
Invoke: Utilize charisma, get help from a secret admirer
Compel: Get unwanted attention

Approaches
Careful: +0
Clever: +1
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +3
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +1

Stunts
Transformation Sequence: Because of the fascinating and dazzling magic of Magical Girl transformation sequences, Laura gets a +2 to flashily create an advantage while transforming from her mundane form to Magical Girl form.
I’ve Been Through Worse: Because she’s received more bruises than she can count and handles it well, Laura gets a +2 to forcefully defend a physical hit by simply enduring it.
Like A Wrecking Ball: Because of her magical power, her fondness for vandalism, and disregard for consequences, Laura gets a +2 to forcefully create an advantage by breaking something.

Hope: OOO

Refresh: 3

The blonde Laura Bailey, standing in the back of the room, walks to the chalkboard and runs her arm through the middle of the headmaster's writing. Only DET____ON is left legible and unsmeared. After taking a moment to appreciate the petty act of defiant vandalism, she finally joins the circle of detainee students and takes a seat. On her face is a bored, tired stare clearly marking both that she is not a morning person but also that she is not particularly disturbed by being here. It's not so surprising that the headmaster would lock her up. If the school administrators kept a leaderboard for most time spent in detention, she would definitely be at the top.

"I dunno," Laura answers Sebastian's question nonchalantly. "But it looks like we'll be here a while, so we might as well get comfortable." She then rests her feet on the desk in front of her, tilts her chair backwards, and produces a lighter and cigarette out of her pockets. Ignoring any objections the school or the students around her may have, she puts the cigarette in her mouth and lights it.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"What is this, a police interrogation?" Laura puffs out smoke and sighs. "I mean really, asking people for alibis? Wouldn't the person who did it, if something happened and if they're even here, just lie about it?"

The girl stares back coldly at all those who are looking at her. There is an anticipation-filled silence as people realize she hasn't established her own alibi. "Oh, what." She is clearly not pleased by this. "You want to know what I was doing last night? Well I don't think the details of my private life are any of your business. I have too many stalkers, anyway; I like my privacy."

"One more thing." Laura takes another drag of her cigarette before sharing some of her wisdom. "If you guys were wondering why people like you were brought to detention, it's because Mr. Lovelace is kind of an rear end in a top hat. Do you really think he 'has his reasons' for sticking ten students in detention all day? I bet he doesn't know a thing."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP 3/3 | Hope OOO | Blog

Laura simply rolls her eyes at Fred's helpful statement, before turning to the others.

"We don't have to wait in here all day..." Pushing her chair even further away from the desk, she makes her way to one of the outside windows and pulls it open. A half-grin forms on her face as she sits on the windowsill and throws her cigarette outside. "See? It's simple. Lovelace thinks he's so smart with his dumb door seal trick but it's actually pretty easy to get out of detention around here. He's probably not going to be back for a few hours, at least."

She swings her legs around to the outside of the window, and looks back into the classroom. "I don't care about playing detective, or about this whole detention thing, but who's up for going out and taking a look at happened? It'd be a lot more interesting than sitting, playing debate club, and waiting nicely for the headmaster to get back."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 4/3 Hope OOO | Blog

Laura leans forward from the window and looks down at the spec-ops student. "Fancy. Normally I just climb and jump down. Guess I have to step up my game if that's how you skip detention. Might as well start now..."

In one fluid motion she hops out of the window, grabs the rope with her bare hands, and imitates Aubrey's descent by sliding down. For a very brief moment in time, a sense of enjoyment and challenge can be seen in her eyes. This does not last past at all the second where it becomes apparent that she forgot that friction is a thing that exists.

What seems at first to be a totally cool idea instead becomes a literal descent into pain as the rope starts rapidly burning her hands. Laura's landing is marked with an ungraceful thud and a groan of pain, after she lets go and falls like a chump.

"Auugh..." After a moment of just wallowing on the ground in misery, Laura sits up and holds her shaking hands carefully in the air. "That was stupid."

Compelling Act First, Think Later.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 4/3 | Hope OOO

Laura winces and curses rapidly under her breath as she pushes herself off the ground, and shakes her head at the suggestion of going to the infirary. "Nope. Fine. Totally fine." The distressingly red marks on her palms, fingers, and forearms suggest otherwise, but her words are firm and serious.

"So now that we're out here, let's go sneak into that whole forbidden section of the library. The headmaster has already stuck us in detention cause he thinks we did it so it's no big deal, anyway. Someone just needs to get the doors and stuff for me..."

The girl disappears around the corner as she heads to the library entrance. "Oh wait." Those that follow her are treated to the sight of her stupid grin as she elbows the large handicap access button and one of the doors, slowly but surely, opening up and inviting the students inside. "Nevermind. So, who wants to go?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 4/3 | Hope OOO

"Cmon," The automated door starts to close on its own, until Laura once again slams her elbow into the handicap access button. "Don't you guys want to actually see what happened that's got Lovelace's underwear in a knot? I mean, think about it, how are we really going to find out what the big deal is if we don't go inside? It's not just about the fact that someone went where they shouldn't, it's about the fact that there's something in there which must be really drat important."

She starts walking backwards into the library, motioning for people to join her. "If you guys are too scared to join me in a little trespassing, that's fine, but I'm going. The headmaster could be anywhere right now, and I don't see a point in trying to figure out a mystery when we don't even know what the mystery is."

And then, with a wave, Laura turns around and starts quickly making her way to the oh-so-scary "Forbidden Section".

(1) (2)

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 3/3 | Hope OOO

"poo poo." Laura frowns as soon as she spots Azumi from up the stairs. People who do not know the experience of being struck down like a peasant with that wooden sword and dragged back to the shackles of detention again and again and again would simply see a bored girl sitting in front of a door. But no, the true nature great aura surrounding the headmaster's pet is absolutely plain to Laura. A familiar feeling wells up in her throat -- the same sense of anticipation and hesitation she had every night when she protected the night streets of Tokyo from evils of all kind.

"Well, well, well," Laura saunters down the stairs, grinning. "'Sup, Azumi. Didn't realize the headmaster had you out of class today." She leans back and crosses her arms in a display of aggressively relaxed coolness. The look in her eye is much like one gang leader getting ready to challenge another to a fight. Or just saying hello. The two are actually very similar.

"Listen, we need your help. Something is going on, and it's gotta be big. Lovelace went and locked ten people in detention today, not telling us a drat thing, and he says he's gonna keep us in there until someone confesses. And it's not even just people like us, either; it's just a bunch of random people he thinks might have snuck in here and done something apparently so horrible."

"I mean, we got class reps like Miss Commando over here," she points to Aubrey, and then quickly tucks her hand back under her arm," and even that Great Safety Warlord Daigo guy in there. Oh, and that smelly fedora guy too. Can you believe that?" Laura chuckles, "Ten random people locked up all day, every day, for something that we know nothing about."

"So that's why we're here. We gotta find out what the deal is down here and you gotta let us in."

Not quite sure if this delinquent diplomacy falls better under Flashy or Forceful. I rolled with the former but if it's the ladder add another +1 to it.
<Takanago> !r fudge+2
<Krysmbot> Takanago, ////+2 = 2
Invoking Azumi Kamiyama, You're Our Only Hope for free and spending a FP to invoke my Passion: Juvenile Delinquency, for 2 +2's, giving a final total of +6 (or +7)

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Don't you know, Azumi? No jail can keep me locked up. I am an expert on escaping from detention." While she says this Laura immediately hides her burned hands behind her back, so as to not provide Azumi with proof that this might not be the case.

Upon entering the main hall, the girl's head turns and her eyes wander as she looks at all the things that the school has kept hidden here. All the things that students are not supposed to see, know about, or touch. Her hand reflexively reaches out to feel the spine of a black book on the shelf next to her. The feeling of forbidden knowledge stings a little bit. No, wait, that's just the feeling of irritating an injury.

Laura looks back at the others. Right now attention seems focused on that door. Maybe they wouldn't notice if she took a moment to sneak a peek at the other mysteries of the Forbidden Sections. With all of the grace and stealth of a teenager trying to shoplift, Laura lifts the book off the shelves and opens it up.

Being Sneaky to try and get some extra reading in without anybody noticing cause gently caress The System.
<Takanago> !r fudge+1
<Krysmbot> Takanago, ++--+1 = 1

Takanago fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 5, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I'll go ahead and tag that and pop my +1 up to a +3.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

If the Forbidden Section was a trick by the Headmaster to use reverse psychology to get rebellious students to do a little extra learning, it almost worked. While looking through the totally-not-as-rad-as-she-thought-it-was book, Laura goes through various stages of excitement and disappointment, finally reaching acceptance as she skims all the way to the back cover. When she finishes, she closes the book, tucks it in the backside of her waistband, and hides it under her shirt. The book might not contain all of Lovelace's Darkest Secrets, but it's still worth something.

After pilfering the text, Laura follows the crowd into the Chinese room. "Oh, so is this what it's all about?" she asks, not quite sure herself. It's a neat room alright, but what in here could be the big deal? Ancient Chinese secret in the shrine perhaps? Well, looks like the Chinese girl would know. Something in the safe? Maybe. Something not in the safe anymore? Maybe that, instead. The filing cabinet? Probably not.

Laura stands in the front of the room, thinking about them all. If you really wanted to hide some extra-special dark secret in this room, where would you do it? Some of these containers are more likely than others, but... She finally looks down at her feet, and gives a small gasp as she instantly comes to a conclusion.

"Alright guys, move aside." She gestures for people to move to the sides of the room. "If there's a secret in this room, it's gotta be right... here!" Laura grabs the carpet and violently flips it over to reveal the floor space hidden underneath.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Right... here."

An awkward silence fills the air as Laura's reveal is a bit less than impressive. "Aw come on!" She kicks the overturned carpet as if it has wronged her. "What's wrong with these people? This is totally where I would have hidden something cool. A magic circle, maybe, or a floor safe, or a hidden staircase down to the real hidden room... This sucks!" Laura crosses her arms and sighs as she is forced to reconcile her over-active imagination with reality. "Who the hell is T.M. Freeborn, anyway?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Woah..." Laura stares at the interior of the shrine as it's opened. "Now this looks like some forbidden stuff. D'you guys think this might be like, haunted, or something?" She looks at everybody else like they've just gotten front row seats to a kick-rear end ghost story. Nothing in her tone or expression suggests concern with the possible great dangers that may have been unleashed.

"Look," she points to the the circular imprint in the dust. "Someone moved it. This is totally what the big deal is, isn't it."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"We're leaving already? But we just got here." As the group starts getting shooed out of the crime scene, Laura is still rummaging through the containers there. Showing very little apparent concern for school rules and for Azumi's insistence that they get the gently caress out, Laura dawdles at the back of the group as the students leave for the less forbidden sections of the school.

From there, the delinquent casually follows Aubrey to the locker halls. "Alright, I gotta-" Her words stop, and a look of exhaustion washes over the girl's face as soon as Tavleen springs her ambush. "...Aren't you supposed to be in class or something?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Woah, Tavleen, I never expected you to snitch on some good info. Looks like we won't have to go and break these things open, now." Laura brings out her phone and snaps a picture of the list, for current and future reference.

"And that sounds like a plan to me," The girl flashes a thumbs up at Aubrey. "I'll see if that girl has something that she wouldn't rap about. I just gotta stop by my locker and get my backpack first so that I'm not carrying around this thing in my shirt all day. It's kinda uncomfortable." Laura points at the noticeable outline of forbidden loot stuffed in the backside of her clothing. "Also in case there's anything worth taking from Kaiya's locker."

"We should probably hit up Konami's locker while this place is empty," She stops, and turns back towards the reporter. "well, mostly empty. Because if that girl finds out that we're going through her stuff she'll probably try to beat us up. Sound good?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Oh, what, so you're saying you do trust me, then?" Laura raises an eyebrow at Aubrey, "I don't hear that often. It's okay to say you don't if you don't, though. You don't need to look out for my feelings."

"I don't really like the idea of other people looking through my stuff, and I don't really care too much about what you have in your locker. But if Queen Snitch here has all our combinations anyway, I suppose privacy doesn't mean much. I am also fine with doing whatever it takes to shut people up. Do you want to just get that out of the way, then? I can get the tape from your locker, Aubrey, and I guess you can take a look at mine."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

Laura starts at Kaiya's locker. "Nice bling. We got some magic books and stuff, too." For a moment, her eyes glaze over with criminal intent. That safe and those sunglasses seem ripe for the taking, even if the former would need to be broken open. Hell, even the glitter has a lot of potential mischievous uses...

...But now isn't really the time for that. It's tempting, but not that tempting. Maybe sometime later, when everybody isn't so worked up.

Next is Konami's locker. "Mostly just buff dudes in here," Laura chuckles. "Oh, and some drugs, too." She takes the pill bottle out of the locker, and looks at it closely. Now here's something interesting. For a moment she considers pocketing it, but as she does, the image of an angry, hulking, and off-meds Konami flashes in her imagination. On second thought, maybe it's best to leave these where they are. Laura, for once, obediently puts the potential loot back where it belongs.

At this point, her attention shifts to the loud feline yell that rings throughout the hall. Forgetting that there was a pretty good reason she chose not to go through Fred's locker, Laura's feet start moving in that direction. "Well Tom, I guess we should be looking for-"

Laura freezes in place, like a deer in the headlights, as she lays her eyes upon Fred's museum of filth and sadness. "Eeewww..." Her disgust starts to slide into horror as her mind starts processing the individual contents of the locker. "Is that... is that..."

The girl rushes forward and grabs the bright, pink anime DVDs. Her mouth hangs agape as she stares at the objects in her hands. "Ohhh... my... GOD."

Takanago fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 13, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 3-> 4 / 3 | Hope OOO

Laura's face turns red and she clenches her teeth furiously as she stares at the things in her hands. "I can't loving believe it! Of all the places of this to see this again, it has to be here?!" The younger and cheerier image of Laura Lovecraft on the DVD case simply stares back at her. It only makes her feel worse.

"gently caress you, Fred, you loving creep! I don't need you buying my goddamn merchandise. I bet you don't understand the first thing about being a hero! Ugh!" Holding the cases with both hands, she angrily snaps them in two. And then, for good measure, she throws them to the ground and stomps on them repeatedly.

As she grinds shattered bits of DVD into the ground with her heel, it seems to be over. But as she looks back upwards, and again into Fred's locker, the fire in her heart is not calmed one bit. Her right hand reaches up and tears off the crescent moon pendant that hangs around her neck. "Magical Lunar Scepter..." Saying a few magical words, Laura's charm starts transforming in her hand. As it does, she waves and twirls it around in a motion that has been practiced hundreds of times before until finally it takes the shape of a hefty metallic wand.

"...aaaaAAAAHH!" Screaming, Laura swings it over her head and smashes it into the insides of Fred's locker. And then she does it again, and again, and again.

Compelling Burnt-Out Magical Girl (though other aspects could also work here) to place Laura in an especially foul mood and possibly cause trouble by wrecking Fred's locker.

(x)

Takanago fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 14, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 4 / 3 | Hope OOO

"You think I care?" Laura stops beating on Fred's locker for a moment and gives Azumi a cold, harsh glare. "I can do whatever the gently caress I want, and it doesn't matter to me what happens or who catches me doing it. And right now I am in such a bad goddamn mood that there is no way that I'm letting your sellout rear end bring me back to detention. But if you want a fight..."

The girl turns back around and slams her baton into the fat man's locker's door, completely breaking off one of it's hinges. She then repeats this a few times, until the door falls right off. After it crashes loudly onto the floor, Laura picks it up by the handle and holds it like a crude tower shield.

"...you've got one. And I swear to god, if you swing that stick at me, I will turn that bokken into a broken."

Forcefully creating an advantage of Improvised Locker Shield.
Takanago> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Takanago, //-/+3 = 2
Since this using force to make an advantage by breaking something, I will add my 'Like A Wrecking Ball' stunt to add another +2 and make it a total of 4.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 4 -> 3 / 3 | Hope OOO

Quick Defense vs Azumi: <Krysmbot> Takanago, +-/+ +2 = 3, invoking Improvised Locker Shield for free and raising that to 5.

"You're going to have to try harder than that, Azumi!" Each time Azumi swings down her sword, Laura raises up the heavy locker door to deflect it. With each block and parry, the shield becomes noticeably more battered and dented.

When the attacks let up, thanks to the Aubrey's and Tom's efforts, Laura takes the opportunity to jump backwards and put some distance between herself and her foe. And then, with a grunt, she does a full spin to build momentum and then flings her shield at Azumi. "Heads up!" she yells, as a multitude of anime girl posters join the locker door on a one-way flight into trouble.

And as most eyes in the room follow the flying object, Laura jumps backwards again towards the lockers behind her. Kicking herself off of them, she then leaps through the air at Azumi with her steel baton at the ready to do a bold, flying strike. As gravity starts bringing her down towards her opponent, Laura lets out a screaming roar the top of her lungs. "RRRAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Quick attack vs Azumi: <Krysmbot> Takanago, -+++ +2 = 4. Spending 1 FP to invoke Improvised Locker Shield again and invoking Cat-hugged (if available) and Lachrymator (That Means It Makes You Cry) for free. Each will be used for +2 bringing this to a total of 10.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jan 17, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 3 / 3 | Hope OOO

Standing triumphantly, Laura tosses her baton into the air. It transforms back into a pendant in a cascade of sparkling light, and lands back in her open hand.

"Well, Azumi, I guess you were right! There was an rear end kicked so hard it'll be on the news! It just happened to be yours." Laura flashes a snarky grin at the passed out girl (who, unfortunately, is not even aware of her totally sick burn), and then at Tavleen.

She then turns to Sebastian. "Yeah, you don't really want to know." Her eyes scan over the destroyed fragments of Lunar Princess Laura Lovecraft merchandise near the broken locker, before spotting the sketchbook. "So Shenshashen is a... what? Some kind of divine spirit?"

"Also..." Laura grabs the discarded bokken, carefully slides it between the book's pages, and lifts it off the ground like a piece of filthy trash. "Doe anybody mind if I go and, like, burn this or something?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Hey Aubrey," Laura shoots the class rep an angry glare. "If you're going to talk like that, you can just bite me, okay? You're sounding a lot like that girl who you just pepper-sprayed and hid in the janitor's closet. The same girl you lied to earlier, and said was the only one that could help us. What's up with that, huh?"

"Ugh, whatever," She waves her hand dismissively at the two already looking at their own lockers. "Let's get this over with."

With a simple kick in the right place, the door to Laura's locker flies open. The first thing that stands out is the graffiti that covers much of the inside. At the top and bottom of the door, both LAURA BAILEY and LAURA LOVECRAFT have been scrawled in big, angular letters with a permanent marker. Additionally there are various other writings and drawings, including anarchy symbols, a doodle of Laura's magical wand, curse words, and declarations of how much many of the things at this school suck. It's a good thing that you're not responsible for cleaning this locker.

At the bottom of the locker lies a unkempt pile of textbooks and loose papers and handouts. It probably hasn't been organized since the beginning of the year. If you look closely, you'll notice some pretty low scores marked on old homework and quizzes. You would also notice a small, white envelope sitting on top of everything.

A dark blue jacket and a black backpack are hanging on hooks on opposite sides of the locker. The jacket seems like it would be a bit warm for Occultar this time of year, and if you have been paying attention to her you would have noticed Laura hasn't been really wearing it lately. The backpack, which has just two pockets, is completely zipped up when you open the locker. If you bother to open it up and look inside, you will see all kinds of stuff which could be used for nefarious purposes. Among other things, there's a crowbar, a can of spraypaint, a set of lockpicks, an answer key for an upcoming math test, and a brick.

If you nudge Laura's backpack out of the way, you'll notice a old, worn photo in the back of the locker of Laura posing with some kind of weird cat. The younger girl in the picture, clad in a Japanese sailor-style school uniform, is smiling brightly while making a cute peace sign towards the camera.

"Theeeere you go," Laura waves towards the open locker with a sarcastic welcome. "It's a locker."

Takanago fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 20, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

As the lockers are opened and shown off, Laura does a not particularly thorough job of looking through them.

"Who's this?" When she examines Sebastian's locker, Laura points out the first, and only thing to grab her attention: the picture of the bespectacled girl. "Your girlfriend? I kinda thought you just liked movies."

The rest of the lockers do not get too much of a reaction from Laura. Aubrey's mostly has dumb gun stuff, with a dose of dumb action movie stuff. (Seriously, doves?) Tom's has boring cat stuff, and there's not even a guitar to mess around with since he's holding it. Jia's is divided between boring Chinese stuff, and dumb pop stuff. Oh, and some obviously boring book. Laura doesn't even glance at it. She takes a little more time looking through Madoka's locker than the others, as her eyes wander over all the games and gadgets and stuff. And the picture, too.

Laura has also been holding her new bokken this whole time, complete with the sketchy sketchbook still balanced on the tip. This proves a bit troublesome for those who also want to check out lockers but want to stay the hell away form that thing since she doesn't particularly pay attention to where she's waving it when she's looking through stuff.

"Okay, so..." After locker time is over, Laura looks to the assembled group. "What have we actually figured out so far? I mean, we've swiped some things, snooped through some lockers, knocked Azumi out, so have we learned from that? Something about 'Shenshasen', right?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"You consider her your muse?" Laura turns away and tries to suppress a chuckle. "Wow," she says under her breath, "That's adorable."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Back to detention already?" Laura checks the time on her phone. "Pssh, what's the rush? I'm not in a hurry to just go back and hang around there."

She waves around the sketchbook-on-a-stick still in her hands. "Plus, I still gotta do something about this. Think I'll go up to the roof and burn it. If anybody's going with Miss Spoilsport back to detention, could one of you, like, punch Fred or something? ...Actually, I might just go back there myself right after I take care of this."

Waving goodbye to the group, Laura kicks open her locker again, grabs her backpack, and starts climbing the stairs to the roof of the building.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

Laura swaggers into the room behind the rest, having made a brief detour to the roof. She now smells of smoke, is missing a certain book, and has the bokken sticking out of her backpack.

"Wait, what'd I miss? ...Oh!" Laura scans the scene, and when she realizes what happened she shouts and points at Kaiya. "Ha! See? She can't stand him, either! It's not just me!"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Woah." Laura stares dumbfounded at the mark. "What the gently caress is that, Kaiya?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey
FP/Refresh 3 -> 2 / 3 | Hope OOO

"What the gently caress is going on here?!"

The question that almost escapes her lips next is 'Why the gently caress are we even fighting?' Laura almost shouts out about how absurd it is for everybody to be fighting over invasions of privacy right now. She almost yells at everybody for being just as responsible for Kaiya losing it as Kaiya herself. But she doesn't.

An old memory flashes through Laura's mind...

---
"No!" Laura screams, tears in her eyes. "I won't fight you! I can't! Not even if you're under the power of the dark crystal! You're still my friend!"

"How weak," the boy replies. His words are distorted, and his face is not quite human. "I expected more from you, Laura Lovecraft. If you will not fight back, then I will just use this boy to destroy you!"

With small explosions of blood, the boys's hands transform into sharp sets of claws, and wasting no time he leaps forward to attack Laura.

"Stop!" Laura raises her arms to block the strike, earning herself some pretty deep cuts on them. "I know you can still hear me, Takumi! You have to stop! Please! You're stronger than this!"
---

No, no, no. gently caress that. Those cuts hurt for weeks. If Kaiya is going to gently caress around like this, she can eat the consequences. You can't just turn desks into monsters, pick a fight with goddamn everybody, and not expect an asskicking. It's time to whoop some rear end. And if there's going to be magic involved, it's time to fight magic with magic.

"Magical Lunar Power..." Laura grabs both her glasses and her lunar pendant and throws them into the air. "Activate!"

Fighting evil by moonlight...

An aura of bright light surrounds Laura, making it difficult to distinguish anything anything more than a multi-colored silhouette.

Winning love by daylight...

The lunar pendant splits into three copies. The smallest falls neatly into her hair, which itself transforms into bright pink twintails.

Never running from a real fight...

The largest of the crescent moons places itself on the front of Laura's chest. A cascade of pink ribbons emerge from it and transform themselves into a frilly, magical dress and accessories.

Her name is Laura Lo-ove-craft!

Finally, the last fraction of the lunar pendant transforms itself into a steel baton and lands in Laura's hands. As the bright aura around her begins to fade, you can see that Laura Bailey has transformed into... Lunar Princess Laura Lovecraft!

"Alright..." Laura slams her wand into the nearest, un-transformed desk. "You wanna go, Kaiya?! I will break those desks and I will break you if you try and lay a hand on me! Your kami don't mean poo poo against the power of a Mahou Shoujo!"

Flashily creating the advantage Don't gently caress With Laura Lovecraft:

Krysmbot> Takanago, -+//+2 = 2
Adding the stunt bonus for Transformation Sequence to bump that up +2 to a 4.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 23, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

FP/Refresh 2 / 3 | Hope OXO

As the desk opens its unnatural maw and leaps at Laura for a bite, the girl grabs both of its jaws and holds open the beast's mouth like an alligators.

"Ha!" She shouts confidently as her arms strain and wobble. "You might think your desks are deadly, and that you can wield the power of the medley, but you'll need more than that if-"

And then her arms slip, and the full power of the furniture's teeth comes down on her hands and fingers.

"FFFFFFFFUCK!"

Forceful Defense:
Krysmbot> Takanago, -//-+3 = 1
I take 2 stress.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 24, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

FP/Refresh 2 / 3 | Hope OXO

Laura grins as Sebastian's pyrotechnics and Daigo's crystals lighten and darken the room dramatically. "Oh, so is this how we're going to fight? I better step up my game then..."

She points her Lunar Baton at the Tsukumogami in front of her. The fingers that hold it are painful and swollen from its bite. "Alright, desk, prepare to get wrecked!"

The baton shines and glows as it starts to attract and absorb increasingly larger and more visible rays of light. "Crescent... Moon... Prism!" After a sufficiently dramatic build-up, a powerful, focused beam of moonlight shoots forth from the wand and towards the construct. Along with it, the beam brings forth a reassuring shine and ringing that feels almost entirely the opposite of Daigo's darkness.

Forceful Flashy attack:
<Krysmbot> Takanago, --+/+3 = 2 (changed my mind about which approach to take, so make this a bonus of +2 and a roll of 1)
Tagging Don't gently caress With Laura Lovecraft to increase that to a final total of 3.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 26, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

FP/Refresh 2 / 3 | Hope XXO | Consequences (-2/-4/-6)

Laura backflips away from the tsukumogami's bite. She does not, however, account for the knocked-over desk behind her, which interrupts her acrobatic display and sends her tumbling rear end over teakettle.

"poo poo!"

And then, adding injury to injury, the tsukumogami moves forward and kicks her while she's down.

Quick Defense: Krysmbot> Takanago, +--/+2 = 1 (vs 4)
The attack succeeds with style (3 shifts).
I will take 1 stress and the mild consequence Bruised.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

FP/Refresh 2 -> 0 / 3 | Hope XXO | Consequences (-2 Bruised /-4/-6)

"God..." Laura slowly climbs up from her ungraceful position on the floor, sporting a few new swollen scrapes and bruises.

"...DAMMIT!" A swift kick in retribution is delivered to the desk upon which she had just tripped. It flies into some more pieces of furniture, sending them flying in turn, and creating a big mess. Not that it's her problem right now.

"Don't you loving know..." The girl points her magical baton at the thing at the larger tsukumogami. A layer of rapidly flashing lights and sparkles forms around it in a tight cylinder. "...the meaning of DON'T gently caress WITH ME?!"

"Well I guess I'll have to teach you a lesson! I'll break you like I'll break any other desk in this school!" Gripping the staff like a bat, Laura runs towards the newly-combined construct and starts wailing upon it like it's insulted her personally. "Die loving die loving die! Piece of poo poo!"

Forceful Attack: <Krysmbot> Takanago, /-/++3 = 3. Tagging Pinned for free and spending 2 AP to tag both Don't gently caress With Laura Lovecraft and Juvenile Delinquency here for +2 each to make this a total of 9 because Laura is madder at desks right now than anyone should reasonably be.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

FP/Refresh 0 / 3 | Hope XXO | Consequences (-2 Bruised /-4/-6)

Quick Defense: <Krysmbot> Takanago, ---/+2 = -1

"Die die die die-gently caress!" Focusing almost entirely on the larger tsukomogami, Laura is taken completely by surprise when the smaller grabs her. "What, you want a piece of this too?!"

She throws her weight forward, using the grab to pull her opponent off the floor, and then throws herself onto the ground. Their combined momentum brings both Laura and the desk slamming hard into the cold tile.

Forceful Attack: <Krysmbot> Takanago, -+-++3 = 3

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

FP/Refresh 0 / 3 | Hope XXO | Consequences (-2 Bruised /-4/-6)

Laura stands up, covered in dust and desk debris.

"Again?!" She scowls, having had it up to here with magical furniture bullshit. "gently caress this!"

"gently caress desks." The girl declares, as she jumps onto one and starts leaping around the room from table to table. "gently caress them forever." Flanking around to the other side of the great furniture monster, she then leaps towards the construct with a flying kick.

"Lunar! Light! Kick!"

Quick Attack: <Krysmbot> Takanago, +/+++2 = 5

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

FP/Refresh 0 / 3 | Hope OOO

"Oh, trouble?" Laura scowls at Konami and points at the bruise on her face. "If you want trouble, look at this drat bruise."

"But seriously, what the gently caress was that, huh?! Magical loving desk monsters?! Ones that bite, throw you around, and take forever to die?!" She yells and glares at the rapper girl. "What the hell, Kaiya?"

"Oh! Right!" Laura gasps, as if she has just remembered something, and then angrily looks at the others. "What the hell's wrong with the rest of you, too? Everyone's acting like assholes. Apart from that loving desk thing, Kaiya hasn't done anything wrong. I mean, what'd she do? Break into our rooms? Look through our stuff? Hurting her hand? Having bracelets? That's nothing. Hell, we just went through everybody's lockers before we got here. For the investigation."

"I'm not saying you can't be mad, but come on. All of you were going way too far! Oh, and uh..."

Laura takes a deep breath and looks at the ground, letting her anger drain from her. As she looks up again, at Fred, her voice and expression is much softer. "Can I... see that camera?"

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

"Aww, thanks." The warm smile Laura is putting on for Fred suddenly disappears as she throws the phone to the ground and smashes it with her shoe. "There. No more bootleg Laura Lovecraft episodes."

"Calm down there, Konami," Laura looks over with a smile. "Nobody wanted your buff dudes or your psycho pills."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Heeeey!" Laura cheers sarcastically at the declaration of apathy. "Congratulations, now you can see the world's full of bullshit, everything really kinda sucks, and in the end nothing really matters. Welcome to the club, Sebastian. Here's your prize." The girl pats around her waist, feeling for wherever her pockets would normally be. "Actually, hold on."

In a puff of sparkles and pink smoke, Laura Lovecraft turns back into plain old Laura Bailey. After the magic aura dies down, she pulls a familiar packet of cigarettes out of her pocket and holds one out for Sebastian. "Here you go. Don't worry, it's not like you're going to get into any more trouble."

"Oh and Fred, before I forget. I should mention that while we were down there, we fixed your locker. God, it was awful. But it's not anymore."

Sneakily(?) placing the advantage Your Locker is (Not) Okay on Fred. <Krysmbot> Takanago, +-/++1 = 2

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

Laura rolls her eyes and barely makes an attempt to hide the pack of smokes in her hand. "Pfffff, I dunno what you're even talking about, Pops."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Wow, nice video game collection..." Laura smirks. "...Fred."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

Laura grabs one of the embarrassing dating sims and starts reading the back cover. "God, between this, the psycho pills, and all the other stuff, we're learning some pretty interesting things about our classmates today."

A dumb grin spreads across her face as Laura clearly tries and fails to hold back her laughter. "Oh my God look how buff these dudes are... it's like I'm looking in Konami's locker."

Throwing the game aside onto a random pile of junk, Laura grabs one of Madoka's swords and unsheathes it. "poo poo, this kicks the rear end out of Azumi's dumbass wooden sword. You ever actually use this thing?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Laura Bailey

"Hey, I was holding that!" Laura grumbles. "You're rude."

• Locked thread