Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Aubrey Murphy

Aubrey covers her face when Daigo starts in on the General thing again, and then Jia jumps in. "Let's... let's not speculate on what's in Minami's pants." She takes a deep breath and looks around at the others.

"The Forbidden Sections are no joke. There's some really dangerous stuff in there. I can understand why the Headmaster is reacting this way but I don't know why he picked us out as the suspects!" Especially me!

"Look, why don't we each just say where we were last night? That seems like a good place to start."

Aubrey considers, then says, "After dinner I went to archery club, and then I took a shower, and then I talked to Konami about some student council stuff. And then I went back to my room, studied for an hour, watched a movie, and went to bed."

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Aubrey Murphy

High Concept: Delta Greenhorn
Aubrey Murphy is just a regular high school student focused on her classes, enjoying time with her friends, and her after school club activities - hunting down eldritch horrors from beyond time and space. Aubrey's parents happen to work for a shadowy rogue government department that has some experience with these things and a junior auxiliary wing, so she has the background to deal with it. Even if she doesn't particularly care for all this occult nonsense herself. Those same parents happen to be Occultar Academy graduates themselves, so there really wasn't any question about which school Aubrey would be attending.

Trouble: Badass But Normal
Facing off with Lovecraftian monsters and occult dangers and weirdos doesn't phase Aubrey. On the other hand, she doesn't really understand all of the magical stuff very well, and in the end she is just a mundane mortal.
Invoke: Face down terrible monsters without flinching, figure out mundane solutions to supernatural problems, interact with normal people normally
Compel: Get blindsided by supernatural things,

Passion: John Woo is My Spirit Animal
Aubrey doesn't like to admit it, but she really, really likes action movies. She likes to put on a front of being a very serious tactician and generally mature person, but she has an encyclopedic knowledge of the works of Chow Yun Fat and Arnold.
Invoke: Pull off some dumb action movie stunt, know all about action movies
Compel: Get talked into trying some dumb action movie stunt, waste time with action movies, be embarrassed about liking action movies

Aspect: Calm, Cool, and (Mostly) Collected
Aubrey is a straight forward and studious, a bit prone to snark and with a dry wit. She is still a high schooler so there are limits, though.
Invoke: Keep her cool during stressful situations, be taken seriously, put up with her classmate's weirdness, play the straight woman
Compel: Really go ballistic when she does lose her temper, miss the joke, laugh at dumb jokes

Aspect: Miss Class Rep
Aubrey doesn't remember running for the class rep position, but she ended up with it anyways, apparently due to some law of cosmic inevitability. It's a good fit, since she's a good student and something of a teacher's pet, but sometimes it means she gets stuck with responsibility.
Invoke: Be a good student, deal with teachers and other authority figures, get respect from other students
Compel: Get in trouble due to other student's weirdness because she's the responsible one, have to deal with class rep responsibilities

Aspect: Legacy Kid
There's really no question that Aubrey could have gotten in on her own academic merit, but her acceptance to Occultar Academy owes a lot to her parents being alumni, and also to their being part of an organization that the Miskatonic Foundation would really rather not have annoyed with them. And, of course, there's the dorm hall named after great-grandpa. And the numerous teachers with tales of her when her parents attended. Aubrey would really prefer just to be a regular student. Well, as regular as an Occultar student gets.
Invoke: Know things about Occultar Academy's history, have connections with staff and teachers from through family, be able to get official backup from the school sometimes
Compel: Have to deal with dumb things festering from when her parents were students, get bothered by the Administration on behalf of getting her parents to do something

Approaches
Careful: +3
Clever: +1
Flashy: +0
Forceful: +2
Quick: +1
Sneaky: +2

Stunts
Designated Markswoman: When you use a firearm to to create an advantage, a tie counts as a success, a regular success counts as a success with style, and a success with style generates three free invocations.
Requisition: Because you can call in favors and get access to military/government grade equipment on short notice, once per scene you can spend a fate point to make a special Careful roll. For each shift you make on this roll you create a Requisition Order boost. Any character may invoke a Requisition Order, but only one per character per round. This stunt cannot be used again until all Requisition Order boosts have been invoked. Requisition Orders can be invoked to get access to special equipment or services.
SOP: When you have at least a few moments to prepare, you can use Careful in place of Quick to determine initiative.

Hope: OOO

Refresh: 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP OOO | Hope OOO

Aubrey puts her head down on the desk and wonders what she did to deserve this. After a moment she takes a deep breath and gets up. "Look. We can either stay here all day and be bored, or we can try and figure out what's going on. I'm not particularly happy to get accused by the Headmaster either, but he does have the authority to keep us stuck in this room until he changes his mind. So, do we want to stay in here together all day?" she very obviously looks at Fred as she finishes her sentence.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XOO | Hope OOO | Passion X [Requisition Orders: XOOOO]

Aubrey starts digging in her bag. "I think we can get the door open from the other side. We'll have to infiltrate back up the stairs, but I think we can do it." She pulls out a coil of black nylon rope and a bag of climbing gear, including a pair of thick gloves she pulls on. She looks around, and finds something to secure one end to, and steps up on the sill, looking down. Aubrey turns back to Madoka as she pulls her scarf up to cover the lower half of her face. "Can you pull this back up once we're down? Thanks!"

Then Aubrey jumps out the window, startling a small flock of doves who were happily ignorant of crazy high school students until just now, and fast ropes down to the grounds.

Rolling Careful for my Requisition stunt
<Krysmbot> Gorbash, ---++3 = 1
Boo, invoking my passion (John Woo is My Spirit Animal) to make that a +++-+3, so 5. Invoking one of the Requisition Orders for some tactical climbing gear.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XOO | Hope OOO | Passion X [Requisition Orders: XOOOO]

"Kaiya, there's a black bag in the closet in my dorm room, I'll loan you the key." As she passes it over, she looks right into the other girl's eyes. "Don't touch anything else, I'll know."

Then she turns back to the others. "Checking out the entrance to the Forbidden Sections makes sense, but the Headmaster might be checking it out. Is there anyone we could talk to who might know what's going on but wouldn't turn us in?"

(x)

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 4, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXO | Hope OOO | Passion X [Requisition Orders: XOOOO]

Aubrey peers around the corner at Azumi, then consults with Laura. "Azumi is pretty tough, but she means well. I think if we explain what's going on and that we're trying to clear our names, she'll help us." She considers. "Otherwise, she'll probably pick me up and use me to wallop you. That's worst case." Aubrey considers again. "Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Aubrey pulls the scarf down so it isn't covering her face, and goes around the corner, holding her hands up in front of her, palms out, in the universal sign of 'I just want to talk' as she approaches.

"Hi Azumi. So, um, sorry you got stuck with guard duty. This whole mess kind of stinks. Which is why we came down here. We can't just sit up there cooped up in the study hall when something like this is going on. You understand, right?" Aubrey has a sudden flash of insight, and adds, "And besides, you know how Lovelace is! He's always got some weird scheme going on, I'm sure this whole thing is secret test of our capabilities. So really we're doing exactly the right thing by coming down here. But we need to find some clues, and fast. And you're the only one who can help us."

Clever approach!
<Krysmbot> Gorbash, --//+1 = -1
<@Gorbash> krymsbot you cur
Invoking Miss Class Rep to reroll.
<Krysmbot> Gorbash, +++-+1 = 3
Placing the aspect Azumi Kamiyama, You're Our Only Hope

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Thanks Azumi! We definitely owe you one." Aubrey gives Azumi a quick hug, despite the other girl's probable protestations, then follows her inside. She takes a brief look around the antechamber, but her focus is on the room Azumi points out.

She nods, the pulls the scarf up over her face again and fishes a big black flashlight out of her bag. Aubrey flattens herself against the wall next to the door and slowly pushes it open, then shines the flashlight inside, checking the corners before she moves inside. Once she gets a good look at the place, she starts giving it a thorough examination, trying not to disturb anything too badly.

Careful look for clues (discover aspects?): 4dF+3 4

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey skips away from the carpet and rolls her eyes at Laura, but her attention turns back to that antique desk and the safe upon it. She adjusts her gloves, then rifles through the desk's drawers and tries to handle on the safe.

"Did he tell you anything about what was in here, Azumi?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXO | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XOOOO]

Aubrey sighs, then nods at Sebastian. She turns around, 'accidentally' shining her flashlight in Azumi's face. "Nothing in here. Not now, anyways. Hey, Azumi, can you help me with this filing cabinet?" She moves across the room to it, hooking the other girls arm as she goes by.

Sneaky approach to place the aspect Blinded By the Light on Azumi to distract her while Sebastian gets the film rolls.
[15:28] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/+++2 = 5
Also Careful approach the check out the cabinet while I'm at it.
[15:30] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /++++3 = 6

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey pulls out the bracelet and checks it over for inscriptions or anything, walking over to the others while she does so. "Yeah, I think that's what has everyone worked up. We should check that lockbox and then get out of here."

She pauses, then holds out the bracelet for everyone to see. "Does anyone recognize this?" She passes it around while she checks out the lockbox.

Careful examination of the bracelet
[17:25] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -/+-+3 = 2
Careful examination of the newer lockbox
[17:26] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +//++3 = 5

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey shrugs at all the occult talk. "This isn't my area of expertise. I think I'm going to head up to the Locker Hall and snoop around. Whoever took this thing had to stash it somewhere, and that seems as good a place as any."

She puts her flashlight away - along with the bracelet. "Anyone want to come with?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey tries to grab the phone from Tavleen to prevent her from broadcasting this to the entire school. "We're trying to solve the problem! We were falsely accused! And there's no such thing as a scoop gland!"

Quick approach
[21:08] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -+-++1 = 1

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey makes sure to delete the tweet. "I can't imagine who you're talking about." She sticks the phone in her bag. "But maybe you can help instead. I'll give you an exclusive if you do, AND if you keep it quiet until everything's sorted out."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

"Nyice backdrop...uh, I mean! I say we stick our nyoses into that fat man from detention! What was his nyame...uh...Fred!"

"That's a good idea! You should get to it." Aubrey turns back to Laura. "I think we should check Daigo and Kaiya too. I'll get his locker if you get hers."

(x)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Sounds good to me... actually, we should probably check each other's lockers too. Not that I don't trust you," Aubrey holds her hands up defensively. "So we can tell the others we did. Also, we probably shouldn't take anything. I mean, it's not very nice, but more importantly in case something happens later. In fact, I have some tape in my locker. We should tape each one after we check it so we know if someone has been in them after us."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Daigo's locker isn't what Aubrey expected - on the other hand, she was expecting an elevator leading to a secret underground command center, so maybe her expectations were a little too high. She fiddles with the keypad lock on the folder but gives it up for a bad job. "Maybe we should bring this..."

Careful to crack it.
[22:54] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, --+-+3 = 1
Nope.

Aubrey shrugs, and moves on to Kaiya's locker. That, is much more in line with her expectations. She considers the extra pair of sneakers in Kaiya's locker. "Wasn't she going back to the dorm for sneakers? How many pairs does she have?" She puts those aside and tries to jewelry safe.

Careful to crack this one!
[22:54] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -++/+3 = 4
That's better.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey was trying in vain to hold Laura back on her locker destroying rampage, and to get Tom to quit it with the guitar, and then Azumi shows up. "Oh, just never mind! I don't have time to deal with this logically." She yanks something out of her own conveniently nearby locker and yanks her scarf up over her face. "Sorry, Azumi."

Then she shoots her a whole bunch with a paintball marker loaded with pepper-balls, so she won't be able to see them to beat the stuffing out of them.

Carefully placing the aspect Lachrymator (That Means It Makes You Cry)
[22:45] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +++++3 = 7
It has three free Invokes

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 16, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XOOOO] [Lachrymator XOO]

"We looked in Fred's locker," Aubrey tells Sebastian, as if that should adequately explain the entire disaster unfolding in front of him. Actually, it probably more than explains it. In any case, she's more focused on dealing with Azumi. She takes careful aim at the girl's hands where they grip the bokken, and fires two shots to try and dislodge her grip, like she's in a Tom Clancy novel or something.

Rolling Careful to put the Disarmed aspect on Azumi to negate the bokken damage bonus.
[22:17] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -+--+3 = 1
Invoke Lachrymator for a reroll.
[22:20] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -//-+3 = 1
Screw it, FP for Passion invoke. Makes it a 5.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XOOOO] [Lachrymator XOO]

Aubrey, meanwhile, is struggling with Azumi's unconscious body. "A hand here, maybe?" She staggers to her feet with one of Azumi's arms over her shoulder. "Come one Laura, I know Fred's a creep but that was just ridiculous! We're trying to figure this out without getting caught. How exactly do we explain a smashed locker? Just - oh, nevermind. Someone grab her glasses. Let's stash her in the janitor's closet for now and finish checking the lockers. Without tearing the doors off, please."

Earlier Aubrey had stuck Kaiya's bracelets, etc in her pockets. She dumps these into Sebastian's hands, asking him to see if any of them look familiar from the movie.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XOOOO]

Aubrey rubs her back after they deposit Azumi, and then pulls out her phone to text Jia.

She stuffs her phone back in her back and pulls down the scarf from over her face. "Okay let's get this done before anythings else insane happens." She grabs Thomas by the ear and drags him over to her locker, throwing the door open. "Check it out, then we're doing yours. Sebastian, Laura, do yours, and then we'll do Jia and Madoka."

Inside Aubrey's locker...

On the door is a poster of a Chinese gentleman in a suit and sunglasses dual wielding pistols while doves fly up from somewhere behind him, and a few paper targets with most of the holes near the center. Her text books and note books and so forth are in semi-arranged stacks, giving the impression of someone who is trying to keep things well organized but just can't be assed some of the time. There's also some paintball gear - another marker, ammunition, and a mask.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"We should go back to the detention hall, I think. I have some questions I want to ask people." Aubrey goes over to get her bag from Jia. She looks at it, and looks at Jia. "Did you leave Kaiya alone with Fred? ...uh oh."

Aubrey doesn't wait for the others any longer, she slings her bag over a shoulder and takes off back for the detention hall.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"You hurt your hand?" Aubrey goes over to check on Kaiya. "Oh, and thanks for grabbing my bag. That's a big help. I think you dropped this in it through." She produces the bracelet with the infinity symbol on it and holds it out for Kaiya.

Sneakily place the advantage Gotcha! Assuming I'm right about my assumptions.
[20:27] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++/++2 = 5

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"I was implying what you think I was implying but it turns out its just that Kaiya is just lying," Aubrey says in irritation. She grabs Kaiya's arm and peels the bandages back. "What were you really up to?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XXOOO]

Aubrey looks around at the expanding chaos, and throws her hands in the air. "Oh for crying out loud! We don't have time for this." Aubrey drops her bag on the floor and digs around, before pulling out a rather heavy, weird looking knife. "Oh that's where this went."

One of the desks approaches to start gnawing on her, so she grabs a loose book bag and shoves it into the things mouth while she fiddles with the knife. "Okay, so these things are a little hard to aim, but..." She aims it at Kaiya and depresses a button. There's a sudden loud metal crashing sound like the back suspension of a monster truck coming loose and the blade launches out of the ballistic knife to Pin the nearest desk to a wall.

She tosses the hilt aside and keeps digging around in her bag.

Careful Defense
[20:49] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, //-++3 = 3

Forceful Attack
[20:24] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-/-+2 = 1
Reroll via Requisition Order
[21:05] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++/-+2 = 3

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XXXOO]

Aubrey watches the ballistic knife bounce off and go skittering into a corner of the room, having accomplished very little. "Great, those things are pain to reload!" She digs around some more in her bag, pulling out a rather complicated bit of metal and plastic. A bit of unfolding and fiddling with knobs and she has a crossbow. "Let's try that again." She fires a few bolts into the nearest table to make it a little harder for the thing to act like this a Disney musical number.

Careful to place Pinned on T1; thanks to my stunt it is at +1 success grade.
[22:29] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, --/++3 = 2 + a rec order to make it a 4

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XXXXO]

Aubrey watches as the surviving animated desk forms the head. "This is just stupid." She digs into her bag again. "I am so over this."

This time, she comes up with something that cannot be kosher by school regulations no matter how far they stretch. She works the slide to chamber a round, then gives the desk monster a point blank blast of buckshot from her shotgun.

This kills the desk.

BLAM
[02:18] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-/-+3 = 1
Requisition Order for a reroll.
[02:18] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/+-+3 = 4
I'll invoke Pinned, Dented Legs, and Falling Apart since they're all on this dork anyways. Also Pinned had three invokes due to my stunt.
That's a 10 against a 1 defense Ettin rolled.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XXXXX]

Aubrey decides firing her shotgun in the library probably was a little bit of overkill, but then again the desk is still there. She quickly checks the bolt of the shotgun to make sure there isn't a round, switches the safety on, and grabs one last thing out her bag of tricks. This one is dead simple - a piece of metal on the end of a stick. Aubrey hefts it, and while the desk is trying to deal with Jia and Thomas , she walks up behind it and lays into with the entrenching tool, wood chips flying everywhere. She keeps at it until the tsukumogami is reduced to non-animated kindling.

Forceful attack
[21:21] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ----+2 = -2
:argh: reroll via invoking Tangled
[21:23] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /+-++2 = 3
Invoking its moderate for a +2, invoking my last Requisition Order for another +2

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP XXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XXXXX]

Aubrey retrieves her gear and puts it away in her bag again. "I'm sorry, Konami. We're just trying to figure out what's going on before things go really crazy. Crazier. You know what I mean. Alright, so Kaiya's hand got branded by Madoka's wardrobe? Where did you get the wardrobe? I mean, I'm starting to wonder if the person who did it even knew what they were getting in to."

"Otherwise we're just going to have problems like this over and over again. I'm sorry I suspected you Kaiya, but with the bracelet and all..."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 7, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP OOX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XXXXX]

"She's not."

And that's when Aubrey comes over the desk at Fred, murder in her heart.

Compelling Calm, Cool, and (Mostly) Collected

Forceful Attack!
[21:38] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, --/-+2 = -1
:negative:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey stops and stares at the Librarian, then at Fred, then back at the Librarian. She opens and closes her mouth silently, then points at Fred and says, "But - he's Fred! He's terrible! He keeps saying awful things to people and then pretending he's the victim when we call him on it!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey watches the Librarian drag Fred off, seeming to vibrate in place without actually moving anywhere. Just when it seems the only outcome is for her head to literally explode, she lets out a sigh.

"Right then." She scoops up her bag and slings it over her shoulder, then grabs the handles of Madoka's wheelchair. "Nice try short stuff, we're going to go check out that mysterious cabinet of yours, no arguing." With that she pushes her out of the room, pausing only to make sure the Librarian and Fred aren't in view any more.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Do you mean that isn't the uniform and ancestral arms of an ancient secret society of occult warriors that your parents are members of?" Aubrey picks up a game. "Or that you don't have the entire Insatiable Brother's Torment series, not to mention Hadaka Shitsuji, and - wait, is this the new Flower Knights of Hyperborea?"

"can i borrow it"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Hey, I'm normal!" Aubrey crosses her arms. And sticks the game in her bag. "Madoka, you can't just kill the culprit, that would be murder. Well, unless it's Fred. Then no jury would convict you. But maybe... if the culprit is trying to bring back this monster thing, maybe taking it out would count?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey eyes Laura, raising an eyebrow at her. "Killing the culprit is wrong, yes... But it's Madoka's choice as to what she does. Anyways, the problem isn't just that Lovelace is mad. It's that this thing is really dangerous."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"I'm going with Sebastian to check out the computer club, but I think searching the beach would be a good idea. Thomas might actually have a lead. Someone should go with him to look into it - and make sure he doesn't fall asleep again."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey grabs Kaiya's arms and shakes her. "Don't say that!" She catches herself and steps away again. "We've got enough trouble without asking for more."

"Okay, is anyone else coming along to the computer labs?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey Murphy FP OXX | Hope OOO | Passion O [Requisition Orders: XXXXX]

Aubrey immediately covers Kaiya's mouth with her hands. "Don't say that. If you say that terrible things will happen." Aubrey reaches into her bag with a free hand and extracts a roll of silvery tape, tears it with her teeth, and tapes Kaiya's mouth shut. "There."

"Jia, can you go with Tom and keep an eye on Kaiya? Daigo found the stuff about the computers so he should come with me and Sebastian. Laura, where are you headed?"

[20:48] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-//+1 = 1
Invoking Badass But Normal to find a mundane solution.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Hi Wong." Aubrey accepts the handshake, trying to be pleasant. She hasn't really gotten along all that way with the Computer Appreciation Society since the time they'd talked her into playing paintball with them. The damage to their pride as FPS players hadn't gone over well, and to be honest, she might have gone a little overboard.

"Sebastian's right, we can't really stay very long..."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Um, hello. It's nice to meet you. Wong said you were the Security Officer...? We have some questions. If you have the time." Aubrey says hello and then lets Sebastian take the lead in questioning the strange girl. She looks around the room casually. Then it hits her that this is totally like the secret command center of the villains in a movie. She looks around shiftily, then carefully starts checking things out for clues.

[21:58] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-/-+3 = 1
Screw dat. Using my Passion to make it a 5.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey grabs up a comic book, rolls it into a tube, and whacks Tsubaki with it. "Bad otaku! No biting! We're here for computer help!"

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Aubrey ducks out of Tsubaki's room for a moment, then returns with a few slices of pizza taken from one of the distracted raiders in the main room. She holds one out, waggling it a little, just a bit outside of Tsubaki's reach. "Hey, would you like something to eat? I'd like to be friends. Maybe you can show me some of what you're working on."

[13:28] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +//-+3 = 3
Rolling Careful approach to place the Friends? Friends! aspect to get Tsubaki to help us, hopefully with less gnawing on limbs.

• Locked thread