Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Detention Hall [Everyone]
[Enemy Aspect: Sandstorm (Free Invoke)] [Ally Aspects: Addison, O, Tavleen, Fong]

Rene dodges like only a possessed super fast parkour master can, but even she can't get away from Maynard's Mr. Fantastic impression. When the hand snags the chain, she grabs at it herself. "No! Let go! Sshe'ss MINE!" She struggles mightily, and for a moment it looks like Maynard is going to lose his grip - then the Eskrima Robo barrels in from nowhere, and his mighty tug is enough to rip it free!

"NOOOOOOOOO!" Rene drops to the floor, the light going out of her eyes. "Please, help me! I didn't mean You still belong to me! Now, desstroy thesse foolss! You can't I CAN!" Rene is fighting it, but Yig still controls her. As she rises to her feet, the red glow returns to her eyes and the sandstorm intensifies again.

"Now, kill them, my minionss!" She waves the rod at the two cobras, causing red sand to swirl up around them. The injured one drops back to the floor, freed, and gray smoke seems to rise up off each.

Then, she points the was at Mira and Maynard. "Die!" A bolt of black lightning leaps from the rod, forking to reach both of them!

Rene defends for the Amulet!
[20:48] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++-++4 = 6
Two armor hits! Rene also invokes the Sandstorm, plus her Freerunning and Item Hoarder aspects, getting to a 12+2 - not quite enough!

Yig uses one of his abilities through Rene to add an invoke back to the Sandstorm aspect, and also to give each snake a Fate Point. It also moves one consequence one step on the recovery track - next round she can clear it.

In the meantime, she launches a Forceful attack on Mira and Maynard!
[21:52] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++/++3 = 6 vs Mira
[21:52] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /++-+3 = 4 vs Maynard

Earlier a snake attacked Emily...
[21:57] <Krysmbot> Hashtags, ++--+2 = 2
Which is a tie, so it places the boost Why'd It Have To Be Snakes? on her.

Still need a defense from Alexis vs the snake that attacked him.

pre:
Possessed Rene Terror OOO [-2/-4/-6] | FP XXX | Possessed [+7]
| The Steel Chair Effect / Not so 100 meter dash distraction!

Snake Amulet Structure OX [Hanging By a Thread] Armor 2

Cobra One Terror OXO [Unpinned/-2/Shot Through] | FP O | (Bad Vibrations)
Cobra Two Terror OOO [-2/-2/-4] | FP OO
pre:
Initiative
Rene +4
Louie +3
Aren +2
Emily +2
Alexis +2
Cobra One +2
Cobra Two +2
Maynard +1
Mira +0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Louie FP OOO | Hope OOO | Passion X | O Assists: XXO

"Oh c'mon, Rene! You ain't even tryin'!" Louie runs back to his locker and grabs a pair of ornate forks. Stainless steel, of course. Also exceptionally pointy. He dives at the snake at Emily's feet and stabs both utensils into its back with a shout. "We gon' find out what snake taste like!"

Louie uses Quick Attack!
[22:50] Atlatl quickly going quina quin on emily's snake
[22:50] Atlatl !r fudge+3
[22:50] Krysmbot Atlatl, +/+++3 = 6

Dynamics
Sep 8, 2006

I'm da man!
Aren Ito FP: 1 | Eskrima Robo [X] [X]

Looks like they had Rene covered, or at least preoccupied. Aren decided it was time to see to that other cobra. He tugged one of his hundred USB cables from his pack and tied a noose before throwing it out to where Aren hoped the other Cobra was slithering towards. If he could time it just right...

1:58:15 PM Dynamics Sneakily laying a snake trap
1:58:21 PM Dynamics !r 4df+3
1:58:22 PM Krysmbot Dynamics, --/-+3 = 0
1:58:43 PM KZA mo like laying a fake ttrap

gently caress.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Emily
Hope OOO | FP 0 | Passion O
Aspect: A Little Weirded Out (-); Implausible Deniability; Why'd It Have To Be Snakes? (-)

"Ahhh!" Emily tumbles away from the cobra, its bite missing her by a hair's breadth thanks to Louie's intervention. "Thanks, Louie!"

She scrambles away from the cobra and quickly lines a shot up on the other one, intending to shoot it through its wound...

[14:31] Hashtags Quick shot
[14:31] Hashtags !r 4dF+2
[14:31] Krysmbot Hashtags, //--+2 = 0

Invoking Unpinned and Shot Through to bring that to 4.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.

FP: 2 Passion Used

Meanwhile, there were snakes that needed to be taken care of. There was a snake in Alexis's face, wriggling and being all snake-y much to his chagrin. Unfortunately, though he was trained in the fine arts of fencing and artistry, his refined motor skills had failed to apply to anything snake related. As such, he began to slap erratically and ineffectively. Some would say he is waving his hands around like a girl trying to shoo away a spider, but to be honest such a statement is an insult and uncouth. That means that Maynard is almost certainly going to say it.

It was then that Alexis went from frightened to petulant. He wanted to end this snake, and end it now. "I grow tired of zees." With a brief kick of the toe, the technoblades rev to life again, the wheels blossoming out like bladed roses. He brought his foot back and swung upward in a pendulum arc towards the snake. "FILET MIGNON!"

Rolling Forceful to defend here. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, ++/-+0 = 1

Rolling Quick to attack right back. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /---+2 = -1 HAHAHAHA nope! Invoking Technoblading to make that into a +5.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

[Enemy Aspect: Sandstorm] [Ally Aspects: Addison, O, Tavleen, Fong]

The snake doesn't see Louie coming, so focused is it on Emily, so it gets a fork stuck in its back. It writhes and hisses as the Cajun wolf-boy drives it back - but it's retreat is a ruse. It lures Louie into the stinging sand. As he shields his eyes, it moves with sudden speed under and around a desk to attack him from an unexpected angle, maw wide and fangs dripping poison.

Meanwhile, Emily's arrow goes wide, but in ducking it the cobra lays down at exactly the wrong moment, as an increasingly frenetic Alexis runs right over it. It snaps at its tormentor in desperation.

Cobra Two vs Louie
[23:37] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /+/-+2 = 2
Cobra Two takes the Minor Skewered!

Cobra One vs Emily
[23:37] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, //+++2 = 4
Emily gets to place a boost on Cobra One, let's call it Arrow Magnet

Cobra One vs Alexis
[23:38] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -++-+2 = 2
Assuming Alexis invokes Bad Vibrations and Arrow Magnet, the snake will have to spend its Fate Point to invoke Slithery Menace and take the Minor consequence Run Over to survive.

Cobra One vs Alexis
[23:49] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -++-+3 = 3

Cobra Two vs Louie
[23:49] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, //-/+3 = 2
It invokes Sandstorm and spends a FP to invoke Slithery Menace to make that a 6. Once again, if it hits, it will spend its Fate Point to automatically give the Mild Consequence Poisoned.

pre:

Cobra One Terror OXX [Unpinned/Run Over/Shot Through] | FP X
Cobra Two Terror OXO [Skewered/-2/-4] | FP O
pre:
Initiative
Rene +4
Louie +3
Aren +2
Emily +2
Alexis +2
Cobra One +2
Cobra Two +2
Maynard +1
Mira +0

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Louie FP XOO | Hope OOO | Passion X | O Assists: XXO

Louie flinches away from the snake with a shout. Knowing he wasn't going to get enough distance to avoid the bite, he transforms into a wolf in the blink of an eye and leaps away, his clothes still hanging loosely on his form. There was a reason every piece in his wardrobe incorporated elastic bands.

[18:45] Atlatl quickly dodging SNAKES
[18:45] Atlatl !r fudge+3
[18:45] Krysmbot Atlatl, /-+++3 = 4
Spending an FP to invoke Roux-Garou for the +2 to make a tie.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mira Lafitte FP: 1 -> 0, Stress: OOX

Clever defense: --+- +3 = 1. I'll take the mild Slightly Crispy.

"Gaaaah!" Mira throws a steel chair to deflect the lightning strike, but the electricity just goes right through it and bounces right at her. She doesn't take shock well and her skin nearly sizzles. "Oh, that's it! If you wanna fight dirty..."

The Deep One stomps her feet, closes her hands together repeatedly like crab claws, and makes a subsonic, gargling cry.

"...hah, then deal with this!"

It takes a while for her threat to actually come forth, but when it does... the building shudders slightly. There's a strangle skittering of many large legs from the walls outside. And when Mira looks outside the window, she sees a giant red claw.

Awesome.

Using the Song of my People to place a Giant Anime Crab into the scene.

"Go!"

The giant crab claw bursts through one of the room windows and tries to clamp and constrict Rene. They need to keep her still for an exorcism, after all.

Forcefully creating an advantage on Rene: /+/+ +1 = 3, immediately free invoking my new aspect to make it a 5.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

HOPE: OXO | FP: 0 | Passion: O

Clever Defense: 4dF+2 2

Oh, right in the hope!

Though Maynard was smart enough to block the bolt with his arms, he forgot that it's freaking lightning and is knocked back into a couple of desks. With some scorched hair still on his head, he stands up and cracks his joints. "A'ight, now y're playin' wi' fire, an' one o' us nee's t' ge' pu' ou'. Ge' a earful o' this!"

He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a mouth harp. No, wait, he shaped his hand into a mouth harp. Either way, he fastens the instrument between his teeth and starts twanging an oddly soothing melody in an attempt to calm the spirit within Rene and make it more susceptible to exorcism.

Country Advantage: 4dF+3 3

It would probably be called Snake Charmed if it succeeds, and would be placed on Rene.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

[Enemy Aspect: Sandstorm] [Scene Aspects: Giant Anime Crab] [Ally Aspects: Addison, O, Tavleen, Fong]

The claw smashes through the window and snaps shut - on thin air. Rene leaps out of the way, but it has her on the run. Her eyes still red, she hisses in irritation, launching two more bolts at Mira and Emily as she dodges the questing crustacean appendage. The sandstorm intensifies just as she launches her attack, blocking Emily's view for a critical moment. Rene's movements, though, are becoming a bit predictable, unconsciously in time with Maynard's music.

More worrisome is that the two cobras are once more invigorated by the Father of Serpent's power. Wounds begin to close on the more damaged one as it rises, its hood wide and its fangs bared, while the other uses its tail to Trip Up Louie in preparation for another attack.

Rene defends vs Mira and Maynard
[16:43] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, //+/+4 = 5, --//+4 = 2
Mira's is a boost and Maynard's sticks.

Seth clears the Unpinned consequence from Cobra One and gives both Cobras FP, and a new invoke on Sandstorm.

This time the bolts are fired at Mira and Emily!
[16:41] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +//-+3 = 3 - Invoking Slightly Crispy to make it a 5!
[16:42] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -//++3 = 3 - Invoking Sandstorm to make it a 5!

pre:
/ Shake-Charmed / (The Claw!)

Cobra One Terror OXX [-2/Run Over/Shot Through] | FP O
Cobra Two Terror OXO [Skewered/-2/-4] | FP OO
pre:
Initiative
Rene +4
Louie +3
Aren +2
Emily +2
Alexis +2
Cobra One +2
Cobra Two +2
Maynard +1
Mira +0

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 18, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

The snakes team up, but it's too late! Wolf Louie strikes with the lightning speed of a mongoose - a wolfgoose? - at his prey.

[21:21] Atlatl insoviet russia YOU (quickly) BITE SNAKE
[21:21] Atlatl also invoking Run Over
[21:21] Atlatl !r fudge+5
[21:21] Krysmbot Atlatl, ---++5 = 3
[21:21] Atlatl ffffff

Dynamics
Sep 8, 2006

I'm da man!
Aren Ito FP: 1 -> 0 | Eskrima Robo [X] [X]

"Ngh. I'll get the other one!" Aren lined himself up, holding up his hands so he might get in the zone. He never actually played on the special teams before, but he had seen others kick field goals during sudden death in wandball. He jogged his way over to the other snake, reeled his right leg back, and kicked with all his might!

11:38:26 AM Dynamics Quickly going for a snake field goal
11:38:41 AM Dynamics Also invoking Skewered
11:39:02 AM Dynamics !r 4df+4
11:39:03 AM Krysmbot Dynamics, -/+-+4 = 3
Will spend last FP on JV Superstar to make that a 5

Dynamics fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 19, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

[Enemy Aspect: Sandstorm] [Scene Aspects: Giant Anime Crab] [Ally Aspects: Addison, O, Tavleen, Fong]

The snakes slither quickly out of the way of their assailants, giving up position to avoid injury.

Snake defenses!
vs Louie [17:36] <Krysmbot> Xheina, -+-++2 = 2
vs Aren [17:37] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -++++2 = 4

pre:

Cobra One Terror XXX [-2/Run Over/Shot Through] | FP O
Cobra Two Terror XXO [Skewered/-2/-4] | FP OO
pre:
Initiative
Rene +4
Louie +3
Aren +2
Emily +2
Alexis +2
Cobra One +2
Cobra Two +2
Maynard +1
Mira +0

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Emily
Aspect: A Little Weirded Out (-); Implausible Deniability; Why'd It Have To Be Snakes? (-)

Emily stumbles as she tries to dash out of the way of the bolt; she winces as the bolt slams against her...and opens her eyes to see the magic fizzling out against her. "Huh..."

She quickly recovers from the shock, ducking behind another desk for cover to line up another shot at the wounded cobra.

Quickly dodging the bolt
[18:02] Hashtags !r 4dF+2
[18:02] Krysmbot Hashtags, /-+-+2 = 1

Using my Nope Nope Nope stunt to negate Hope loss, so I guess I don't take any consequences too?

Carefully lining up another shot from behind cover
[18:07] Hashtags !r 4dF+3
[18:07] Krysmbot Hashtags, /+//+3 = 4

Invoking Arrow Magnet to make that a 6 attack against Cobra One.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Just as Emily releases her arrow, the snake she is aiming at rises up, swaying as its eyes glow with inner light. For a moment Emily sees two snakes - and her shot goes wide.

Snake defense!
[18:38] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ///++2 = 3
Invoking both of the negative aspects on Emily for a 7.

pre:

Cobra Two Terror XXO [Skewered/-2/-4] | FP OO
pre:
Initiative
Rene +4
Louie +3
Aren +2
Emily +2
Alexis +2
Cobra One +2
Cobra Two +2
Maynard +1
Mira +0

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Hope: [][][] Minor Consequence [Egh, Snakes!] FP: 2 Passion Used

Sacrebleu, everything was horrible! First this horrible sandstorm, this horrible heat, this horrible citizen with her horrible possession! And now this snake had managed to lay its fangs on Alexis's beautiful, soft, alabaster, made-by-God-himself skin! What the NERVE of such a disgusting thing!!!

Surely, this thing must die. The wheels on his technoblades rev up even faster. Alexis's leg lifts up for a brief moment as if to stomp on the snake, before letting out a loud, vindictive, yet suitably beautiful yell. With that yell, Alexis starts kicking at the snake with the speed of a thousand mantises, momentum carrying him forward with every kick. Each kick that strikes against the ground shoots up sparks, each spark becoming a blooming tulip.

"VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI VI-!!!"

Rolling Quick to slice and dice. Invoking Run Over to get a boost. <Krysmbot> AlanWhats, /++++2 = 5 + 2 = 7

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Alexis proceeds to kick the wounded snake to pieces. The techblades decapitate it, sending the hooded head flying to land next to the other cobra. The image of the Frenchman reflects in the dead snake's eye - and as the other cobra gazes down on it, the image transfers to its eyes. The body of the dead snake erodes away like gray sand, soon leaving nothing but bleached bones. Hissing with fury, the remaining cobra slides across the room with startling speed to attack Alexis!

Snake defense!
[13:15] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++--+2 = 2
Even spending its fate point and taking a consequence isn't enough to survive! However, it gets to use its Avenge Me! stunt to give the other cobra a +1 to its next attack as long as its against Alexis, and it can use its Venom stunt for free to poison him, if it hits.

Attack on Alexis!
[13:16] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-//+4 = 4
It spends a fate point to invoke Slithering Menace to make that 6. If it deals at least one shift of damage, it automatically gives the Mild Consequence Poisoned.

pre:

Cobra Two Terror XXO [Skewered/-2/-4] | FP O
pre:
Initiative
Rene +4
Louie +3
Aren +2
Emily +2
Alexis +2
Cobra Two +2
Maynard +1
Mira +0

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 22, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mira Lafitte FP: 0, Hope: OOX

Quick defense: +--+ +1 = 1. I'll take the moderate Seriously Sizzling Hot.

"Aaaaaah!" At this point, the fishgirl's skin starts to look a little more than just burned. Mira hacks and cough as her own body smoking all around her. If she doesn't do something, that Yig's going to dry her right up to nothing. Just like he said...

There's a silver of a chance though. The snakes are almost down. Her giant crab and Maynard's song has Rene's disoriented and weakening. If Mira can only reach out to her.

"Geez, Rene, you're going to have to snap out of it!" Mira says, still coughing in between. "If you let Yig win out, he's going to destroy this school. He's going turn everything into a desert, evaporate the oceans. He's going to kill a lot of people, a lot of animals, and a lot of sealife. It's all going to look like your fault. And you know what's going to happen after all that!?"

She snarls.

"...they're going to kick you out of the track team! Now who's going to end up the best, huh?"

Cleverly overcoming the possession: +++- +3 = 5. Yes. Now to invoke Snake-Charmed and the The Claw! to make it good with a 9.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

[Scene Aspects: Giant Anime Crab] [Ally Aspects: Addison, O, Tavleen, Fong]

Rene snaps her head around to glare at Mira. Her eyes glow red and she sneers as Yig prepares a retort - and then the seeking claw knocks her over. The staff bounces out of her "What? They can't - then I'd only be on Quiz Bowl- What are you- Get out of my head you jerk! I can - I can beat you! I CAN BEAT ANYONE! You can't- YEAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" She clutches her head as her back arches in pain. The red light in her eyes flares and smoke pours out of her mouth. Suddenly the dropped rod breaks with a sound like shattering glass. Rene slumps over onto the ground, next to the broken rod.

The smoke forms itself in a serpentine cloud of ash and sand. "You may have defeated my sservant but I am not sso eassily banisshed! Now I sshall unleassh my true powerss upon your tiny sschool!" The apparition evaporates before your eyes and in moments the room is returned to its previous state, no longer in the grip of heat and sand, all things returned to normal.

Well, other than a really angry but now regular sized cobra.

Possession broken!

pre:
Possessed Rene Terror OOO [-2/-4/-6] | FP XXX

Cobra Two Terror XXO [Skewered] | FP O
pre:
Initiative
Louie +3
Aren +2
Emily +2
Alexis +2
Cobra Two +2
Maynard +1
Mira +0

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 24, 2014

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Accenting the shifts in consciousness with well-timed twangs, Maynard watches as Rene breaks through to her true self. This called for a tiny flourishing finale from his harp, after which he pulls out his... yes, his hand, reshapes it to normal and makes eye contact with the cobra.

"A'ight, y'li'l' cridder, come t' Mayn'rd!" He thumps his hands on his chest and hollers for the snake's attention while gripping the back of a desk chair. As the cobra lunges forward he pins its head down with the chair. "Stick still, 'kay? This'll onl' hur' a bi'."

Maynard digs his heel into the cobra's head, just once. Seems like that's all it would need.

Cleverly attacking the cobra. Clever Attack: 4dF+2 2

Would that I had Fate Points, here's where I would invoke Man O' Th' Land. But alas.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

[Scene Aspects: Giant Anime Crab] [Ally Aspects: Addison, O, Tavleen, Fong]

The last cobra slithers out of the way, hisses at Maynard once, then squeezes out under the door.

Rene moans and sits up, holding her head. "That suuuuuucked! I'm so sorry you guys, I didn't want to hurt you! But he- Yig was controlling me, and even when I was normal he kept telling me to do things, and I was afraid that if I didn't... Oh man I really hosed up didn't I?"

Fong pokes his head up from behind the desk he hid under, rolls his eyes, and digs out his phone to start texting his minions. O makes a really uncomfortable looking motion towards comforting Rene, then gives up on it and cracks open a new iced coffee.

"Oh. My. God." Tavleen took refuge on top of a filing cabinet, and has her tablet in hand with eyes wide as saucers. You can practically see stars in them. "This is the biggest scoop evah! Wicked big! Huge! It's going right on the front page!"

Rene ducks her head further. "Oh man." Addison comes over and puts a hand on her friend's shoulder, glaring daggers at Tavleen. "Don't be a jerk! Man, do you think about anything besides 'scoops'?"

"Ice cream," Tavleen replies promptly. "And the Sox. That's about it."

Addison makes a face at Tavleen and clearly decides to ignore her. She pats Rene on the shoulder again, then frowns. "The hell is Quiz Bowl?" Rene just covers her face with her hands.

You have a chance to ask some questions before we move to the second half of the game. You can also try some rolls to reveal aspects that may be useful in the second half, and maybe get Fong - who's still mad - back on your side. Otherwise you won't get to use his stunt in the second session. We'll move to the next session this weekend regardless!

As a note, Fate Points and single-session stuff will reset after the break. You can roll to start healing consequences now as well, and if you start healing on a Mild it will clear before second session starts. Starting healing on worse consequences is still potentially useful so don't skip on those.

Snake defense btw. [21:08] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +//-+2 = 2

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Louie is back in human form and munching on a cookie before anyone so much as looks in his direction.

"Yup. You done hosed up," he says to Rene, offering her a cookie. "Here. It'll make ya feel better." He waits a few seconds before posing his question. "So was he controllin' ya 'fore you stole that thing, or after? Why'd ya do it? Don't mean no offense, jus' wonderin'."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Consequences: Slightly Cripsy, Seriously Sizzling Hot

With the threat defeated, the giant crab claw rescinds from the classroom and back out to the window, completely unnoticed by the rest of the class. Truly, a master of stealth.

Mira in the meantime just sort of falls down on her butt, her scaly skin still smoking black from the roasting earlier.

"I'd pat you in the back, Rene, but all that magic you threw at me still stings. Ow..." A little lighting wouldn't exactly kill the daughter of the great Dagon Himself. But it still hurts! A lot! And never mind the fact that she's still stuck in a locked room looking like this. It's going to take a long time to for her to back to normal without her cousin's shapeshifting talents to help her out.

What a day.

"Yig's still going to be trouble, is he?"

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

"N' run off back t' y'r burr'w. I' be back f'r y' la'er!" Maynard angrily shakes his fist at the runaway cobra while hefting the chair onto his shoulder. "Hoowee! If th' other piss'toff gods have cridders li'e tha' we ain' go' a probl'm."

He examines Mira's condition with a side-cocked head. "Tsk tsk tsk, look a' tha'. Y'r scales 'r' all scorched! Here." Maynard sits Mira down in his chair and zooms his eyeball to inspect the wound. "Y'know what'd help? A salvo elbow grease 'n' a band'ge."

A strip of fabric is ripped from the bottom of Maynard's shirt, which is then... what is that ooze coming out of his elbow? "Y'know, tha' slug has a mighty nice slime to't. I guess it has a sort o' healin' proper'y. Hope y' don' min' th' smell." He slicks the bandage between his arm and gently drapes it on the worst-burned area.

Maynard is assisting Mira's recovery roll for +1.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"I think the smell is the last thing I should be worried abo- ow! OW!"

Mira tries to press the slug against her skin, but it doesn't work too well. To put it lightly.

Trying to recover my Moderate: ---- +3 = -1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Emily

"Don't worry about it, Rene, just...help us clean up this mess, okay?" She gives Rene a soft smile.

Dynamics
Sep 8, 2006

I'm da man!
Aren Ito FP: 0 | Eskrima Robo [X] [X]

Aren uprights a desk chair and sinks into it with an exhausted sigh. "Looks like everyone is alright, for uh.. now." He avoids looking at Mira - the scales freak him out a bit. "... I'm sorry I was suspicious of you all and went through your things. Even with the case it was sort of a dick move."

As he takes off a shoe to dump out a bit of sand, Aren frowns and produces his phone. A few beeps later assist.ME appears on the screen, and Aren tells the program to analyze any lingering magics that might remain.

5:51:20 PM Dynamics Cleverly analyzing sand. BEEP BOOP
5:51:25 PM Dynamics !r 4df+2
5:51:26 PM Krysmbot Dynamics, //--+2 = 0

.. That's when he notices the battery gauge beeping red and assist.ME's anime eyes bulging in horror before she fades to black. "SYSTEM is out of power! I'm sorry! I'm sorry Webmaster...."

He lets the phone drop onto the desk and grips his head with both hands. "N-no.. Damnit!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

As you try to get your bearings back, suddenly the door slams open via the application of Maru's boot. She rushes into the room with a black sword and a pistol in hand, takes a look around the room. Everyone stares at her for a heartbeat, then she shrugs and puts the pistol away. The sword folds back into her arm. "Well. It's clear," she calls back over her shoulder.

The Headmaster walks into the room after her, looking around at you all, then down at Rene, who still has her face covered by her hands, and at the amulet and scepter. "Hm. Thought that was destroyed. That explains quite a bit then." He adjusts his tie, then sighs. "Miss Bowman, I owe you a sincere apology. Also to the rest of you. We have things we should discuss. We shall go to my office."

He eyes Tavleen. "You too I suppose. We need to alert everyone soon, and I'd prefer you be spreading official rumors at least. Come along everyone, please." He turns and walks back out. Maru rolls her eyes, and goes to help Addison with Rene.

Headmaster's Office [Everyone, plus Maru and Lovelace

The Headmaster's office isn't really as nice as you'd expected, but then again it fits Lovelace quite well, with its mix of very old and very new and neglected fine furniture and neglected cheap appliances. Lovelace sits behind his desk, with the amulet and the rod on the desk in front of him, while Maru leans up against a bookshelf. There are enough seats for everyone, between some old but still comfortable couches and some chairs that got dragged in from his secretary's office.

Lovelace steeples his hands on his desk as he considers things. "I see Miss Smith found my book. Well, that one at least. I hope you skipped the poetry one. Folly of youth." He gets a distant look in his eyes as Maru makes gagging faces behind him. After a moment he comes back to the present moment. "In any case, the amulet was the one worn by the the High Priest of Yig-Sutekh, in the Red Temple in pre-Pharaonic Egypt. Quite an interesting piece of workmanship, post exodus Thulian - pardon me." He clears his throat. "The point is I found the temple and the amulet, and I kept the amulet because it's useful for a wide variety of research projects and not actually dangerous on its own. Just unsavory and difficult to work with."

He nudges the broken sceptre. "Unfortunately I did not find this, the Sceptre of the Black Serpent. In fact I thought it long destroyed. It was the key to the prison Yig-Sutekh was forced into by the sorcerer Haru-Nekheny. To make a very, very long story short, it seems to have come into the possession of Miss Bowman."

Rene, who is sitting in a chair in the middle of the room, nods miserably. "I found it in on online auction with a bunch of junk during break. It didn't do anything when I got it, but it was neat looking and I wanted to use it for quiz bowl so I brought it back to school. Then that jerk started whispering in my mind about doing stuff and I was sleep walking and... it was awful! I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to... but he made me get the amulet, and, and..."

"It's alright Miss Bowman. Now that I see this - so he possessed you and forced you into breaking into the forbidden section, and summoning him back into our world. He's clearly consolidating his power somewhere as we speak, given the approaching storm and the events around campus. I was going to evacuate the campus, but the storm has sped up. There simply isn't time. We'll have to shelter here. But even that won't work, really. Yig-Sutekh needs to be dealt with. Unfortunately, Commandant Lowell is the only trained combatant on the island at the moment." Maru waves at you.

"Now, normally I would be rather cross with your actions, but you managed to uncover the truth where I had failed to. As such, my judgement in your regards is perhaps less than would be hoped for. Commandant Lowell thinks you should help her to locate and deal with Yig-Sutekh and his minions. Meanwhile, I and the rest of the staff will evacuate the rest of the students into the shelters below the school."

He looks you over carefully. "I personally would prefer to have all of you, including Commandant Lowell, join us in the shelters, and wait for a response force from the mainland. But we likely do not have time. The choice is yours, however."

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 17, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Louie FP XOO | Hope OOO | Passion O | O Assists: XXO

Louie scratches at his ears. "What we do to make Lowell conscript us for this? 'Sides the snake fight." He squints as he answers his own question. "Nevermind. Whatever, I'm in. Monsters are better at fightin' monsters anyways, yeah?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mira Lafitte FP: 0, Hope: OOO

It takes the whole trip to the office before Mira shakes herself back to her usual self. It isn't pleasant at all, walking down the halls while everyone stares at her. Either her, or at Rene, or the Detention Hall group in particular. It's hard to tell.

She gets her nose back by the she steps Lovelace's place. Her clothes still looks all sooty and burnt though. And she still looks a little upset.

"Uh yeah, I'm not done with Yig yet." Mira crosses her arms. "Make fun of my folks and fry me to bits, huh? No way he's gonna get away from that." Besides, she's not going to let this jerk end the world before her dad does.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Ain't nothin' wrong with a fish fry. Heh heh."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Mira Lafitte FP: 0, Hope: OOO

Mira pulls down her eyelid and sticks her tongue out at Louie.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

HOPE: OOO | FP: 0 | Passion: O

Maynard's lips curl up. "I'd love t' wrassle some snakes for y', Headmas'er. Gi'me another go a' tha' cobr' wha'scaped me." He pops his knuckles and neck. He also wants to make up for deceiving everybody and letting his cousin get burnt up.

The rest of the slug slime drains back into his pores, before he forgets. It's been a long day; he's a little slow.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Emily

Emily nods confidently in response to the others. "I'll turn that dumb god and his dumb snakes into pincushions!"

Dynamics
Sep 8, 2006

I'm da man!
Aren Ito FP: 0 | Eskrima Robo [X] [X]

As he turned a handheld turbine to recharge his phone battery Aren realized something. This was a chance to finally make something of himself and do something significant in his life. When the others give their support, Aren rubs the side of his nose and nods along as well.

"Yeah, uh.. You can count me in as well. I'd hate to just be sitting around when I can help end this."

Earning points with Maru didn't hurt either.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Headmaster's Office [Everyone, plus Maru and Lovelace

Lovelace nods to each of you in turn. "While I still wish you would choose the safer path, I am proud of all of you. Coach Marsh and I will see to the evacuation, so you should not worry about that aspect. I will leave you the use of my office as a command post. You can access the security systems from here, and all of the communications on the island can route through here." He gets up and adjust his tie. "I'll be in contact as well. If you have questions about Yig-Sutekh, I will attempt to answer them." He nods to Maru, then heads out.

Once he leaves the room, Maru stands up and goes over to the desk. She hits a few controls and brings up a map of the island. "Okay! So, you guys aren't exactly soldiers. Which is fine, the unit I work with isn't huge on all that marching and saluting crap. On the other hand, you are still a bunch of kids so I'm going to take the bigger risks, you understand? Your job is going to be to locate Yiggie's lair so I can take it out. In the meantime, I'm going to go beat the poo poo out of some of the nastier things he's summoning to keep his attention on me so you can sneak around and gather intel."

She picks up a duffel next to the desk and dumps a bunch of crap out of it onto the desk. "Everyone grab a radio headset." She picks one up herself and hooks it over her ear. "And anything else you think you might need. Now, if you run into real trouble, you can call me in and I'll get you out of it, but I won't be able to do that too often, since it'll draw attention to you."

Maru points at the map again, tapping four spots. "We think he's holed up in one of these locations." She selects Hope's Peak, Zephaniah's Beach, Ashton Junction, and the creepy Cabin in the Woods that first years always get dared to go to.

"Personally I bet it's the peak. Ancient volcano lair and all that crap. The Headmaster bet on the town, which we should check either way. The beach makes sense as a sort of least-expected spot, or it might be a red herring. And whenever anything gets loose on the island, it always ends up at the cabin eventually. Unless - any chance you can narrow it down, Rene?"

Rene shakes her head, staring at her shoes. "Sorry. After he got loose, he kept me from remembering where he went." Addison rubs her shoulder to keep Rene's spirits up.

"I'm going down to Manuxet Lake because it's dried up apparently and there's a bunch of skeletons wandering around. Worth cleaning up and it should be flashy enough that you can sneak in somewhere. I'll let you guys decide where you want to try first. After you check it out, radio me and we'll figure out the next move - unless you find him. Then radio me immediately."

She looks around. "So, we've got you five. Any of you others in for it? We should have someone stay behind and play control too."

O raises her hand. Rene nods, still looking at her shoes. "I have to make up for what I did! I can't let him get away with using me like that!" Addison snorts. "No you don't, but if you're going so am I. Well, I'd go anyways. That Yig rear end in a top hat is going to make me miss the next big game!" Tavleen looks up from her notes. "No way I'm missing a scoop like this!"

Fong crosses his arms. "I don't care for this Father of Serpents, but why should I be helping you?"

You have some places to search for the Father of Serpents lair! Discuss where you want to go - if you can't come to a consensus, we'll do majority rules.

Also, during this session you get a one time invoke of Maru Lowell, Battlemage, who can make an atuo-hit attack that deals 6 shifts of damage to a target. It's a nice big "oh poo poo" button, but you only get one so use it wisely!

You also get one invoke of Professor Lovelace, Headmaster. You can call him to find out about something involving Yig-Sutekh. Basically, you can have him immediately reveal all aspects and stunts associated with one of his minions or a location he has changed with his magic and get a free invoke on one of them.

Everyone also gets the aspect Maru's Bag of Tricks with one free invoke to represent picking up one useful piece of gear from her stash.

The NPCs from before are willing to join, at least O, Addison, Rene, and Tavleen. Fong might help you, but you'll have to talk or bribe him into it. Additionally, you need to assign at least one person to act as Control so you can get information along the way. You can also refuse the help of any of the NPCs if you'd prefer not to have them along for some reason.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 17, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"I'm going back to Ashton."

Mira scratches the back of her head. It's awkward to admit the whole cult thing here, but it shouldn't matter at a time like this.

"Uh, I guess you or the headmaster figured out by now, but I have... friends there. I need to check up on them first." She brushes off more soot from her jacket. "And get a change of clothes."

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Hope: [][][] Minor Consequence [Egh, Snakes!] FP: 2

"LOUIS VITTON!" Alexis suddenly sneezes as he launches himself forward out of his brief coma. Earlier he had suddenly taken to having a seizure of some sort, a moment of which he bears no recollection. All he remembers is some startling ugliness seizing his senses, something familiar turned into a horrible blight, but surely that was some nightmare?

What assaulted his senses now where the various smelling salts, spices, and perfumes used to try and rouse him from his possibly burst blood vessel induced unconsciousness. "Ah, sacre bleu, what is this?" He says groggily. "Zees...zees is...oh hello. My, what a nightmare I was trapped in, what a curse! What horrible thing was it that I faced, to put me in such a shameful position?" He then took stock of his surroundings for the moment. "And...what, pray tell, are we doing here?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"Fightin' snakes. Bigger snakes," he corrects himself. He turns a radio headset over in his head before putting it on. "Ashton sounds good, I'll go there too. But first..." Louie walks over to Alexis, shoves his hand in his pocket, and retrieves his cell phone. "Man, 'bout time I got this back."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

HOPE: OOO | FP: 0 | Passion: O

While everyone is choosing locations, Maynard hesitantly slides toward Fong. "N'w look, Fong. We w's both up th' crick ba' th're. I di'n't mean t' throw y'unde' li'e tha'. I couldn't live wi' m'self if it were 'cause o' us tha' Yig done woke up. 'M sorr', real sorr'.

"But wha' does tha' matter anyhow? I' still weren' us wha' woke'm. I' was all jus' a big ballyhoo o' c'incidence, 'n' my stat'e di'n't do't, 'n' neither more di' y'r mon'makin'! Far's I'm concerned, we's both gold'n. N'w, I'll still make y'r tot'ms, you do with'm wha' you wish. I'm no' gon' tell m' Uncle's cult 'bou't. Bu' righ' n'w we need someone who knows t' work a 'puter o'er here so's we c'n scout 'round 'n' fin' this sum-bitch god 'n' wrassle 'is snakes. I know you ain' too much f'r ge'in' y'r han's dir'y, bu' y' c'n fin' ou' more 'bou' Yig 'n' for'd i' t'us i'th' field.

C'n y' do this f'r us, Fong? F'r y'r school? Y'r still VP, ain'cha? I'n't this y'r duty, t' protect the school? You c'n do that, righ' here in this office wi' y'r newfangled port-o-ma-top. I trus' y' c'n do tha', long as y' say y' can."

Maynard thrusts a hand out for Fong, gently smiling.

"Wha'd'y' say?"

• Locked thread