Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Chvrches on the Outdoor at 4 is such a loving bummer. Happy there's no conflict but still...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

NoArmedMan posted:

Flume vs Girl Talk. Brutal.

Flume every time

NoArmedMan
Apr 1, 2003

mitztronic posted:

Flume every time

I feel I have to :australia:

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
I actually was going to skip flume on account of seeing him.something ridiculous like 3 times in the past year, but he has been in the studio supposedly working on new stuff the past couple months. I'm hoping he'll play some of it.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is it just me or is the last-minute resale market insane this year? Craigslist is flooded with prank and scam listings, and the only legit listings appear to start at $600 or more.

Last year I remember seeing many people trying to unload wristbands even on the drive into the venue on Friday and Saturday. I also recall my facebook newsfeed blowing up with people trying to unload them in the last week or two before the event.

Is this lineup really that much better that demand is significantly higher than in recent years? And why is Week 1 seemingly so much more popular?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

bawfuls posted:

And why is Week 1 seemingly so much more popular?

the grass

and it's the first weekend? does that not appeal to you? it appeals to me.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I picked the 2nd weekend because I wanted to know if there were any can't-miss performances that I might have skipped otherwise.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

What set time PDF/Google doc are y'all finding the easiest to use? Seems like a bunch to pick through.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mitztronic posted:

the grass

and it's the first weekend? does that not appeal to you? it appeals to me.
It appeals to me primarily because all the people I know who are going will be there that weekend, including the friends that have a place for me to stay. Otherwise, it doesn't seem worth the crazy difference in demand.

I guess I could see the grass being an issue, but the discrepancy is significant for something fairly trivial.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

bawfuls posted:

It appeals to me primarily because all the people I know who are going will be there that weekend, including the friends that have a place for me to stay. Otherwise, it doesn't seem worth the crazy difference in demand.

I guess I could see the grass being an issue, but the discrepancy is significant for something fairly trivial.

special guests only show up first weekend.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Plus surprises are still surprising. In 2012, the Tupac hologram was all over the news by weekend 2, but it was a real holy poo poo moment on weekend 1.

And it's just got this rep of being the overflow weekend. By the time weekend 2 rolls around, everyone from weekend 1 is all "been there already, done it, enjoy scrubchella :smug: " Especially for things like OutKast where they are going to be doing every festival across the country, but at least weekend 1 people can say they were at the very first reunion show.

With that said it's not really that big of a difference other than bragging rights, and there have been performances that are significantly better on the second weekend because the bands had a chance to fix some things after the first show.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

With that said it's not really that big of a difference other than bragging rights.

People who just do weekend 1 and talk poo poo are super casual as gently caress. They don't get bragging rights for anything.

Both weekends are awesome, amazing, and I get to spend time with all my friends who have real life commitments among other things. Your life isn't better off knowing you saw kimbra come out for goyte set, rihanna @ Calvin Harris, or (utterly forgettable) r kelly for phoenix set.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 10, 2014

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

What is this business I'm seeing about a handful of wristbands being released for sale at some point tomorrow? I would assume it's bullshit but I'm new to this whole song and dance and some places seem to claim it's an annual thing.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

they did release a few for pickup only. I know the advertisers had a bunch of them to hand out based on special codes as well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm excited for the live stream. Not as excited as I was last year after seeing this year's schedule, but still excited. Tonight: Bonobo, Chromeo, The Glitch Mob, Outkast and Zedd.

https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold
Are weekend 2 prices going to drop anytime soon because 600 for a ticket is nuts but I kind of have to go to this thing and I can't really do $600. I'm panicking like it's 1930.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watching Bonobo on the stream now. So far this is just as energetic as when I saw 'em almost a year ago. Glad I'm getting to see them again because they really put on a great show.

e: Aw man, why is the sound lovely on Channel 3 of the stream? I'm watching Glitch Mob (the main ones I wanted to see tonight) and the mix is nowhere near as good as Channel 2. And that's not just how they sound because I saw them live like 3 weeks ago and they sounded loving killer in person.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 12, 2014

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
So good to see outkast.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Akbar posted:

So good to see outkast.
For real. They've been great this whole time. Love this LED cube thing they're playing in too. Reminds me of How To Destroy Angels' stage setup at Coachella last year. And actually, that performance was one year ago to the day.

e: Oh poo poo they brought out Future!

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 12, 2014

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Man, watching the livestream and Andre 3000 hasn't seemed that into it after the halfway point.

e: did they seriously just cut off Outkast?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well that was an abrupt ending to their set :eng99:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Seems like the crowd wasn't into it and 3 stacks was looking really mad and frustrated.

Then they cut off killer mike. gently caress

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

That crowd seemed kinda dead during Outkast's set. They barely popped for Hey Ya, and white people LOVE that song.

And they get cut. How lovely.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
Judging a festival crowd that's been in 90+ degree sun for 12 hours off a webcast is laughable

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kid Gloves posted:

Judging a festival crowd that's been in 90+ degree sun for 12 hours off a webcast is laughable
But YouTube said it was in the 70s there by the time Outkast ended! :haw:

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

That crowd seemed kinda dead during Outkast's set. They barely popped for Hey Ya, and white people LOVE that song.

And they get cut. How lovely.

So they told everyone to arrive early but ended up late and having sound/tech issues. They pretty much had Murphy's Law kick in.

El-P was supposed to be there too :yayclod:

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
Yeah, Andre didn't seem to be feeling it at all. He kept just pacing and turning away from the crowd. I've long believed that Andre has "moved on" and it took the money to get this to happen. Really good to see Janelle with them - she puts most modern performers to shame.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Doctor Claw posted:

Yeah, Andre didn't seem to be feeling it at all. He kept just pacing and turning away from the crowd. I've long believed that Andre has "moved on" and it took the money to get this to happen. Really good to see Janelle with them - she puts most modern performers to shame.

I haven't seen Janelle live much. She's got a ton of charisma.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus, Lorde is talking as much as Wayne Coyne does during sets. She just said she had to skip a song to avoid being cut off and then proceeded to talk for like 3 or 4 minutes :cripes: I don't even know why I'm watching this. Probably just because the Pixies aren't on yet. I don't even like Lorde.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Lorde is unbearable with all of the pseudointelectualism

Pixies gonna kill it :hfive:

edit: oh wait without kim deal though :ohdear: at least the new stuff is good

Roargasm fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 13, 2014

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011
Lorde is basically Fiona Apple?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Roargasm posted:

at least the new stuff is good
No it ain't :( I'm just gonna watch it for the old stuff because frankly not one track from Indie Cindy does anything for me.

Listening to Dillon Francis right now on Channel 3 and it sounds like I got a torn speaker hahahah

e: Bone Machine and Wave of Mutilation, so far so good!

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 13, 2014

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Future Islands are so so so good. Sam Herring is a genius. So glad to have them at Coachella.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've seen a handful of Queens of the Stone Age live streams and they've been fantastic every time. This is no exception. Josh is looking different though. I think it's his hair.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

QOTSA delivers every time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That loving hat is permanently attached to Pharrell's head. Also, holy poo poo, he's starting with Lose Yourself To Dance :stare:

e: Wait the sound is really horrible. I can barely hear him.

matrocious
Feb 7, 2011
Empire of the Sun is kind of amazing live.

E: Pharrell sounds weird/old.

matrocious fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 13, 2014

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I think I'm enjoying the sign language interpreter more than the show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Empire of the Sun is weird as hell, what in the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Busta Rhymes got FAT. :stare:

• Locked thread