Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is it just me or is the last-minute resale market insane this year? Craigslist is flooded with prank and scam listings, and the only legit listings appear to start at $600 or more.

Last year I remember seeing many people trying to unload wristbands even on the drive into the venue on Friday and Saturday. I also recall my facebook newsfeed blowing up with people trying to unload them in the last week or two before the event.

Is this lineup really that much better that demand is significantly higher than in recent years? And why is Week 1 seemingly so much more popular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mitztronic posted:

the grass

and it's the first weekend? does that not appeal to you? it appeals to me.
It appeals to me primarily because all the people I know who are going will be there that weekend, including the friends that have a place for me to stay. Otherwise, it doesn't seem worth the crazy difference in demand.

I guess I could see the grass being an issue, but the discrepancy is significant for something fairly trivial.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

What is this business I'm seeing about a handful of wristbands being released for sale at some point tomorrow? I would assume it's bullshit but I'm new to this whole song and dance and some places seem to claim it's an annual thing.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Fat Boy Slim was excellent last night, and Empire of the Sun was fun live with all the theatrics.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

New to this pre-order business, how long should I expect to sit on the standby page before my hopes are crushed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

incoherent posted:

if you see

"you are close to the purchase page. Passes are moving fast"

you have a good chance.

weekend 2 ticket purchase: -3 min

weekend 1 ticket purchase: 23 min
so the "You will likely not be directed to the purchase page prior to sell out" message is not a good sign then huh?

• Locked thread