Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Turb posted:

Are lurkers welcome?

Of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

The question is, how likely are you guys to turn me into a lamp :ohdear:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

blk posted:

I'd be down with that - I've never had Dicks in my mouth before but everyone in Seattle tells me I should try it at least once.

Dicks was HUGELY disappointing for me. I don't care, I'll met you guys where ever. Golden Gardens is by my house and that road is good for GT-R rides.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Wow, may actually be in town then. Next question would be do I bring the lovely Nissan or the lovely Merc?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
we could also meet up at the paseo @ shilshole, should be enough parking and the food is better than dicks.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
If you like Paseo I might suggest Bongos in greenlake. Similar parking situation but less packed and equally good food.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

Maksimus54 posted:

If you like Paseo I might suggest Bongos in greenlake. Similar parking situation but less packed and equally good food.

I've driven by Bongos a few times and I vote there, if only for the excuse to eat in a converted gas station fuelling bay.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Maksimus54 posted:

wait, thats actually a restaurant? I assumed they just sold bongos......

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Anyone have any experiences with this place: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-muffler-shoppe-seattle

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

movax posted:

Anyone have any experiences with this place: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-muffler-shoppe-seattle
Yep. Dude is awesome. He'll talk your ear off, but real awesome guy with reasonable rates. If your exhaust starts rattling 12 months after an install, he'll fix it with no questions asked for free. (tip him)

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

movax posted:

He does good work, fixed three cars for me. He does loving awesome custom headers for a fair price as well. I grew up in/around White Center and he's been there far longer than I've been alive. A bit short to the point of being rude, but I'd rather have that than poo poo work.

I'd do an AI meetup whenever, I only own a Frontier and a Aprilia Tuono so it would be cool if it was a nice day. I'm in Burien/Georgetown.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Are we still agreed on the 19th at noon? Dicks as originally suggested or Bongos for amazing caribbean food?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If you guys still do dicks I can come by on my lunch, the boss has given me permission to take a long one and I can always swing Dicks.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
I just want to make sure something happens. It sounds like there's a good amount of AI goons in the area. I know 13 works like 3 blocks from my work (not stalking)and there are lots of other Ballard/Fremont/North Seattle AI'ers

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Doesn't matter if it's stalking, I still have the open offer for any AI goons in the area that ever want to come say hi to not even worry about it and just drop in. As far as next Saturday, I really hope you guys still choose Dick's so I can come.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
I'll plan on being there anyhow.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
13 what time do you get off of work?

I know this was originally kind of a 'drive your car and we'll be AI together' kind of thing, but what about if we did something later in the day so the working dudes could join up with us?

I mean, it'd be cool to see the inside of Flynn's GTR, but it'd also be cool to have a round of beers with y'all.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
6pm, but the general votes were in interest of something mid day so I worked around it with my boss.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm leaving town that evening so I wouldn't be able to make a later time :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody buy this Starlet.

http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35786

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Oh hey, that site still exists. I used to know Kenny, the guy that runs it; he gave me a bunch of parts off his AE86 when he crashed it, I think I still have his old ECU and valve covers sitting in my garage. I wish I had the money and room for a project car right now, a Starlet is on my short list of 'cars I need to own before I die'. A guy who lived near my old apartment had a nicely kept, modded Starlet that I'd see parked around the neighborhood, I never got the chance to talk to the owner and find out what he'd done with it.

For those that don't know, those old Starlets are RWD and also around ~1800 lbs. With a (very easy to do) 4AGE engine swap, they're actually stunningly fast, and absolute monsters on an autocross course. The entire drivetrain and suspension of an AE86 (or TE72) Corolla will bolt right up, as will AE86 brakes, suspension, and rear axles (including LSDs). This includes all the numerous aftermarket brake and suspension upgrades available for AE86s - just in a car that weighs 400+ lbs less.

I remember being floored at seeing the results from an autocross down in the bay area where the fastest laps of the day were all turned in by a lightly modded Starlet in (I think) Street Prepared class. It was turning in times markedly faster than the guys running 911s, Boxsters, Miatas, MR2s, and pretty much every other normally-dominant-at-autocross car there was.

Some PNW goon _must_ get that car, they're too awesome to pass up. Think 13 inch's Civic, except RWD and with a bunch of aftermarket poo poo you can bolt onto it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Roll call for Dick's tomorrow at noon? I'll be there.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Count me in. I'll be helping family prep for Easter but I can escape for lunch for a bit

e. Black miata with white top

Maksimus54 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 18, 2014

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...ed=0CK4BEPwSMAs

This place? Noon?

e: I think I'll come out in a red 850R. This is day 6 driving a manual so I suck. Still need to button up the interior and the remnants of the automatic transmission wiring harness that I hacked into.

goobernoodles fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 18, 2014

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'll be there. Red shoes, glasses.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I plan to be there, haven't decided what to drive.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

I was supposed to be a no show and finally be leveling may basement floor, but my help fell through, so the silver lining can be that I'll actually get to come up.

It's looking like 80% chance of rain by 2pm so I probably won't be in the red 2002 since it's sunroof seals are gone and I'm not sure that the wipers work very well. I'm not as brave a good as 13/14 so I'll likely be with the white BRZ then :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbnLYROCj8

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I won't have the Saabaru, but I doubt you guys would find it that interesting (I was going to fly out of Seattle this weekend to Reno to pick up that blue S2K, my wife was going to drive back to Oregon alone so we brought her Civic since she's not comfortable enough driving stick). I'm a bad car meet participant and I should feel bad.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.
Running late but heading over soon. Dark red black-topped NC Miata. Pac-Man ghosts t-shirt.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Ugh got food poisoning or something...... not good. Hope you guys had fun.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

CharlesM posted:

That's what you get for eating a bag of Dicks.

That sucks though. It was cool meeting you guys.

e: Oh you weren't one of the guys there. :laffo:

\/\/\/ Uhhh I'm only seeing a New England AI fb page. Want to toss up the group you're talking about?

goobernoodles fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 20, 2014

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

CharlesM posted:

Really? Bummer man, sorry to hear that. I've been fine so far, but who knows how things are between grills, preparers.

Trip report for those that couldn't make it, it was a small meet (not surprisingly due to the constant rain today), but a very AI representative meet with two Miatas (NA & NB), a Volvo 850R, an S52 Clownshoe and a BRZ. And a Saab in spirit too :).

For those of you that use Facebook don't forget to join the AI group and feel free to friend me directly too. If anyone from this meet or that didn't make this meet is interested in some wrenching let's start chatting about it as I'm all about helping others with their heaps and certainly could use the occasional use with mine.

Goober, I'll get you that Volvo info (which one has the sunroof cables I can use in my 02) later today.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
No I mean I didn't make it...sorry.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

CharlesM posted:

No I mean I didn't make it...sorry.

Oh, hah, sorry. I didn't remember the user name of everyone there so I thought maybe you were there and that the Dick's didn't agree with you :)

blk
Dec 19, 2009
That was a lot of fun, nice to meet everyone.

PS: Keep your eyes out for The Right S2000.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Had a great time, really nice to meet you guys and hope we can do another meet sometime with less rain. I vote Bongos for Caribbean food, I swear I'm not a shill for them

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Maksimus54 posted:

Had a great time, really nice to meet you guys and hope we can do another meet sometime with less rain. I vote Bongos for Caribbean food, I swear I'm not a shill for them

Jerk food is appropriate for this group.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Next time we will have to setup a eening meet at a bar or something. I meant to show up, but I really don't get out of bed before noon on the weekend. Ended up waking up around 1pm and figured the meet was over.

Was it a silver clownshoe? If so I think that would have been my older brother, I know he was talking about showing up.

Maksimus54 posted:

I am still disappointed that that place does not just sell bongos as I assumed when I first saw it.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.

Negromancer posted:

Was it a silver clownshoe? If so I think that would have been my older brother, I know he was talking about showing up.

Yep, it was him. His wife showed up as well. Televiper told a story of writing an email with a massive list of everything wrong with his E36 M3 to a potential buyer and it turns out it was his brother (YOU :stare:).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

goobernoodles posted:

Yep, it was him. His wife showed up as well. Televiper told a story of writing an email with a massive list of everything wrong with his E36 M3 to a potential buyer and it turns out it was his brother (YOU :stare:).

poo poo, I totally forgot to respond to that email from him. Not really a potential buyer, but he was interested in my e30 and mentioned the m3 so I had to at least ask what the deal with it was. I was even going to show up with my e30 if hadn't overslept, in its full moss covered glory since its been sitting for ~6 months.

• Locked thread