Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Remember at one point we were talking about shops in the area we trust for certain things?

So I remembered one I liked that is trustworthy for the Subaru guys on here: Outback Auto in Auburn. I had them do work a few times on my Forester when I had it, including warranty work for a part that went bad. I'd definitely recommend them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I was pretty happy with the SMART service when we had a outback.

For general stuff, my go to shop is Taskar Garage in ballard. The owner is awesome and has fixed minor things for me for free in the past, as well as done work in exchange for king crab and/or salmon. Also one of the few shops I have ever dealt with that flat out refused to do work that was not worth it. My friends dad had a explorer that blew its 3rd transmission and they told him they weren't going to waste his money putting another transmission in it.

For suspension work or cars I care about more, its group 2 in magnolia all the way. Its worth it just to be able to wander around the shop a bit and look at the awesome cars that are sitting around.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 24, 2014

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Anyone game to grab a beer soon? Ballard has been mentioned before but maybe the Beacon Hill and West Seattle goons would like to recommend somewhere in their neck of the woods?

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

Maksimus54 posted:

Anyone game to grab a beer soon? Ballard has been mentioned before but maybe the Beacon Hill and West Seattle goons would like to recommend somewhere in their neck of the woods?

I'm in Redmond these days, but I can get to Beacon/GTown pretty easily. Star Brass Works has a pretty good happy hour deal - burger and 12oz draft beer for $5/$6 or well shot and beer for the same price.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'm in, what about some place where we can drink beers outdoors, like populux?

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

I'm in, what about some place where we can drink beers outdoors, like populux?

If people want to do north seattle I know a few different places that have patios, since I am a dirty smoker and I keep a list of places I can smoke and drink at.

Also, do you think your friend would be interested in my st165 all trac? Shoot me a email if you want info damiancurry at gmail

That also goes for anyone local, I think its time to suck it up and just sell it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I just asked him and he's got his hands full with just one alltrac.

What's wrong with it?

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

I just asked him and he's got his hands full with just one alltrac.

What's wrong with it?

Really it needs a new engine/transmission. Shortly after I got it the valve stem seals went along with the turbo seal, and 2nd/3rd gear syncros were toast when I got it. I started pulling the turbo off to get it rebuilt and then found some of the PO's work to make the car run mega squirt, which was a terrible hack job. That made me decide that it was not worth fixing the current motor, and I was planning on getting a st205 engine/transmission and take out the megasquirt, but I never got that far. It could be put back on the road with some head work, fixing a couple of the really bad hacks(ie crank position sensor being mounted on a L shaped piece of metal, on end attached to a motor mount and the other to the ac pump. It would loose spark randomly at high revs when it would bounce around) and rebuilding the turbo.

The car is in really nice shape as far as the body goes, tho it has a lovely paint job on it. Nice suspension with poly bushings everywhere. I just don't really have enough interest to spend the time/money it needs.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 20, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Beers anywhere I'm down for, but it'd have to be evenings this time since day time last time didn't work even though my boss said it'd be fine. I definitely want to make one of these.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
North Seattle is easiest for me, somewhere outside also sounds great. What's a bar everyone can get to and park at in Ballard that has a patio?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Everybody can park at, or a patio, select one :v:

Molly Macguires in Ballard on 65th by the Goodwill has a nice patio, it's a smaller place but decently available street parking and it's usually not a zoo, the aforementioned 4B's on Leary has like 8 pool tables and a large parking lot but no patio.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Maksimus54 posted:

North Seattle is easiest for me, somewhere outside also sounds great. What's a bar everyone can get to and park at in Ballard that has a patio?

Bleachers on 81st and greenwood has been my go to for a while. decent sized parking lot with easy street parking around and a patio.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Everybody can park at, or a patio, select one :v:

Molly Macguires in Ballard on 65th by the Goodwill has a nice patio, it's a smaller place but decently available street parking and it's usually not a zoo, the aforementioned 4B's on Leary has like 8 pool tables and a large parking lot but no patio.

Molly Macguires is great. There is also the Ould Triangle on 100th and greenwood that used to be owned by the same people(married couple, each got a bar in the divorce). Easier parking and bigger patio than Molly's.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Anyone free Thursday? Molly Macquires at 7?

Maksimus54 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 20, 2014

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Works for me

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Gah, of course you guys choose my wife's birthday! "Hey honey I'm going to get beers with some car guys from the Internet!"

Hah, well I'll get y'all next time around :)

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Negromancer and 13, do you think either of you would want to do something during the week or are weekends better?

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Unless other folks are interested I'll back off of today, sorry Ulysses.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

poo poo, missed the last updates. I have plans with the gf tonight, think we're going to do trivia at the Ould Triangle.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
It's OK I assumed it wasn't happening anyway. Maybe a regular monthly meet would work better

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Anyone up for a Portland meet? I'm too lazy/busy to drive up to Seattle.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I'm all the way down in SF if anyone else is in the bay area.

Speaking of, does anyone know a good performance shop in the bay area besides LIC in Novato and EQ in Fairfield? Maybe something in SF or the south bay?

Is there a better thread to be asking this?

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
I'm in Seattle, hi hi hi.

Can bring my crappy comanche, crappy f150, crappy WRX, or super duke which is pretty sweet.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

the spyder posted:

I'm good for it.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

the spyder posted:

Portland is better than Seattle anyways. :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Way last minute but my coworker just tipped me off about an early JDM/Euro car show in Bothell on Sunday and I decided to go if anyone winds up being interested.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I totally mis read that as Country Village Brothel the first time skimming through.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Maybe I'll head up there, some dudes pulled over their ride and gave me a flyer last year but was out of town. might be able to sell my e30 for more than it's worth.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

Maybe I'll head up there, some dudes pulled over their ride and gave me a flyer last year but was out of town. might be able to sell my e30 for more than it's worth.

I would go but apparently my e30 is to new for them. But that would be a good place to find a potential buyer....

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For the show part, but park it with a for sale by owner sign in the window and you may get lucky

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

True, but seeing as the movers are showing up on friday, I have a feeling I am going to spend the weekend unpacking/cleaning the old house up. On the up side, my new house is stumbling distance from Bleacher's on greenwood so I will probably be there way to much.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Negromancer posted:

I would go but apparently my e30 is to new for them. But that would be a good place to find a potential buyer....

ehh, they probably just picked a number. it specifically states that e30 owners should come i doubt anyone would care.

you moved right near the greenwood library and now aloha ramen has moved to lake lovely

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

yea, Aloha ramen was a odd place. I only went there once since I could never figure out their hours, but I drove by one day and saw that they were open and immediately stopped. Pretty good, but not amazing.

We used to live in greenwood before moving to shoreline for the past year, since it was way more convenient for my girlfriends school. I am super pumped to be moving back, but we are spending way too much money on stuff for the house. But I for sure can't make it on sunday now since the couch we picked out is being delivered sunday, between 9am and 6pm. So I guess I will be unpacking/sitting in the yard drinking.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
I'll be at the Old School Reunion with my Honda friends. I know that there will be several 1g civics from canada. My friend is taking his 1g accord and there will also be a few 3g accords. One of which will be our Lemons car that I'll be driving.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Anyone doing the Leavenworth Drive this weekend?

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

D C posted:

Anyone doing the Leavenworth Drive this weekend?

Link?

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

Negromancer posted:

I am super pumped to be moving back, but we are spending way too much money on stuff for the house.

I swear some morning I am going to get you drunk and the next thing you know you'll be signing paperwork at a financial planner.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Bibendum posted:

I swear some morning I am going to get you drunk and the next thing you know you'll be signing paperwork at a financial planner.

In my defense *I* was not paying for most of it. The gf's parents were nice enough to buy us a new couch. And a financial planner is in the plan.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Can anyone recommend a good shop for head rebuilds?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
you and gooberpeas should get together and make gooberpastapiselli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Most of the PRO3 racers use accurate engines for that kind of stuff but I don't have any personal recommendations.

I've never wanted to suffer with all the fucktard vw owners to go to the Leavenworth cruise soo....

I'll be trying to sell my 1990 325iS at the e30 picnic on the 29th if anyone else is going or interested

• Locked thread