Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

Most of the PRO3 racers use accurate engines for that kind of stuff but I don't have any personal recommendations.

I've never wanted to suffer with all the fucktard vw owners to go to the Leavenworth cruise soo....

I'll be trying to sell my 1990 325iS at the e30 picnic on the 29th if anyone else is going or interested

drat, I would go and try to sell my e30 at that, but I have a wedding to go to on the 29th, assuming thats june 29th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Most E30s at a single show in the world, worth seeing once if you ever have a chance.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

http://leavenworthdrive.com/

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

goobernoodles posted:

Can anyone recommend a good shop for head rebuilds?

http://autosportseattle.com/contact/

If you're in Ballard these guys are super friendly and trustworthy. They mostly specialize in crazy vintage stuff but they seem happy to help with anything. The guy that runs the place really looks the part of a british automotive enthusiast.

parid
Mar 18, 2004
If any Eugene goons are bored tomorrow, 808 is having a dyno day to show off their fancy new awd dynojet. Hawaiin food truck on site. Should be good fun.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I saw the lineup was 75% stanced VWs and decided not to.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

I saw the lineup was 75% stanced VWs and decided not to.

This is like a metaphor for something, I'm just not quite sure what.

I do know that every time I hear or see the word 'stanced' it makes me want to bang my head on something.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

HotCanadianChick posted:

This is like a metaphor for something, I'm just not quite sure what.

I do know that every time I hear or see the word 'stanced' it makes me want to bang my head on something.

They also had a post saying "no jap poo poo" allowed, which may have swayed my decision.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.
Their flagship car is a ruined e24. gently caress'em.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I miss car meets with my friends in CA where it's like you bought what for $500 and it actually runs?? instead of wow this guy did an sti motor swap bla blah big rims. Good times. Well that's why I like AI too, lots of fun stuff.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Comrade Flynn posted:

They also had a post saying "no jap poo poo" allowed, which may have swayed my decision.

What a bunch of dicks.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Comrade Flynn posted:

"So yeah we're doing this drive for charity, but please don't bring a car if its not part of the Master Race.". Wonder what they'd say if I showed up in my Fiat*, it's technically European v:shobon:v

* I'm not actually going to

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

"So yeah we're doing this drive for charity, but please don't bring a car if its not part of the Master Race.". Wonder what they'd say if I showed up in my Fiat*, it's technically European v:shobon:v

I wonder what would happen if I showed up with my Yamaha and then walked around with my BMW keyfob in hand.

"What? No, my BMW is slow, I wanted to come here in something that's actually fast."

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I have a feeling they'd all be fine with the GTR. But, gently caress them.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Comrade Flynn posted:

I have a feeling they'd all be fine with the GTR. But, gently caress them.

I have a buddy who went one year with his old audi, and the amount of close calls and guys just driving like complete assholes made him turn back halfway there. Prolly for the best that you didn't go.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

parid posted:

If any Eugene goons are bored tomorrow, 808 is having a dyno day to show off their fancy new awd dynojet. Hawaiin food truck on site. Should be good fun.

I may make it there, if only to try and sell my car. Anyone wanna buy a 2009 Sky?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

ReverendCode posted:

I may make it there, if only to try and sell my car. Anyone wanna buy a 2009 Sky?

Red line?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Went on the Leavenworth Drive probably 5 or 6 years ago. Tons of the same lovely Mk4 everything VW's driving inches off each others bumpers as fast as possible and trying to pass eachother at the worst times. There was an entire F250 rear axle lying in the middle of the road on a blind corner on Rt.2 and it is a loving miracle none of those retards died.

That drive is like a motorcycle group ride comprised of 300 methed out dudes in wife beaters riding stretched Hayabusas.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
I've been pressed into service as a crew member and truck driver for some racing at Portland for the weekend of the 28th. If any goons happen to be in the area it would be a neat time to hang out. My friend just got his novice license but he's been handed the keys to a tube chassis rx7 so it should be a fun time

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
What year is it so I can stock up on parts? lol

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
The motor's a 12a

edit. On further research he's still racing an rx7 but not the tube chassis racer I knew about. It's an 80's something RX7, should still be a blast. I will have little to do so I'm looking for other folks to meet

Maksimus54 fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 16, 2014

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread yet, but PNW folks, don't forget that the annual Northwest Vintage Races are on the 4th of July weekend. I've been two of the last three years and plan to attend a day this year with my three year old (and keep fostering his love of things mechanical).

http://northwesthistorics.com/sovrenguild/racing/pacific-northwest-historics/

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Bumping for the weekend. I'll be down at PIR helping a friend race. He's driving a yellow 80 something RX7, #333 I think.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Ugh, I really want to see those but I have to go to my wife's family reunion in DC. I wonder if there's any awesome DC car poo poo there.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

blk posted:

Ugh, I really want to see those but I have to go to my wife's family reunion in DC. I wonder if there's any awesome DC car poo poo there.

There's a pretty good cars and coffee in Great Falls on Saturday morning, if you have a car and don't mind an early ~25 mile drive.

http://katiescarsandcoffee.com

I used to live 5 minutes from there; check out Great Falls Park if you go and try to drive the Georgetown Pike -> 602 -> 603 loop, it's a pretty food ride. :kiddo:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just found the finest burger i have had in the last three years. Ive tried everywhere people said had the best burger and while good they were always a 9/10. The olde 99 on Aurora by greenlake around 72nd or so had my unicorn. It was so huge they used a full sized steak knife as the tooth pick. A must see for any AI burger fans.

parid
Mar 18, 2004
Since this is a NW events thread now, there is a bunch going on next weekend at Portland International Raceway. There's some kind of drift event, ultimate street car challenge, and a pair of chumpcar races. Should be a lot of fun.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
For the BMW nerds the annual car show is tomorrow in Renton. Supposedly the new i8 will be there!

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

Mat_Drinks posted:

For the BMW nerds the annual car show is tomorrow in Renton. Supposedly the new i8 will be there!

I'm heading down to this for a bit, wearing a T-shirt with my avatar on it if anyone sees me and wants to say hi.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

I just found the finest burger i have had in the last three years. Ive tried everywhere people said had the best burger and while good they were always a 9/10. The olde 99 on Aurora by greenlake around 72nd or so had my unicorn. It was so huge they used a full sized steak knife as the tooth pick. A must see for any AI burger fans.

Where at? I may take the Volvo down there one of these weekends.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Is Park Place Ltd as douchey a dealer as it sounds?

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

blk posted:

Is Park Place Ltd as douchey a dealer as it sounds?

I've been in there once to look around, they people I talked to were friendly and didn't seem to mind that I wasn't there to buy anything. Prices were a little high, but they get recommended a lot on my car distribution list at work.

Landmark Motors is around the corner, offers a similar but slightly less impressive inventory (especially for classic stuff), and supposedly all of their staff is pretty good.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I had a good experience at Barrier.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
Unless it has changed recently Park Place is terrible, the dealers are about what you would expect from a high end used car dealership but their stock is worth going to have a look at. There are usually a few interesting rarities but it is mostly just a bunch of generic midlife-crisis cars. Lots of cracked leather that has been dyed and buffed, lots of garage queen restorations. Basically a good place to buy a car if you want to spend an extra nine grand for a really good detailing job. You can also often find something with an airbrushed hood going for way, way more than it's worth.

On the other hand Munich evolution is worth stopping by if just to talk to the guy who runs the place.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i think that guy went out of business unfortunately

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Bibendum posted:

On the other hand Munich evolution is worth stopping by if just to talk to the guy who runs the place.

Munich Evo is awesome. I am pretty sure the owner started it just to use the showroom to store his BMW collection. They usually bring a bunch of their cars out to the Greenwood car show every year. Last I saw he had 2 m1's and 5 or so CSL's.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm just going to try on an Elise. Since PP is in the dealer network I don't feel terrible about showrooming there.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Solar Coaster posted:

Where at? I may take the Volvo down there one of these weekends.

It's in the post you quoted but sorry if it wasnt clear. The name of the place is the Olde 99, on Aurora next to Green Lake, in the vicinity of about 72nd or so. It's thr same spot the old Kangaroo and Kiwi was at before they moved to ballard.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
I'll be at The Ridge friday saturday sunday this next weekend (22nd-24th). I drive a black evo with a big dumb wing and a large homemade splitter. I'd go thursday too but I have to do training for work.

Hopefully after spending 3 months off the track due to mechanical difficulties, I don't break anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Any of the Seattle crew want to get a drink Friday night?

• Locked thread