Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Park Place is known for overcharging a bit... They're the kind of place that people go that don't really know much about cars go because they want something nice and/or fast.

Landmark is pretty eh, too. I bought a car from them in the past and had them sneak a charge past me in the paperwork that I didn't catch until I got home. It wasn't so big to return, just really annoying and not very honest.

I think you could buy from either as long as you know the type of car you're buying and watch the details to make sure they don't try to juice you.

re: drinks, I'll be out of town otherwise I'd be a definite in. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yes absolutely, my biggest reason I've never managed to make a meet is my work schedule. Off at 7 willing to meet whereever

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

blk posted:

Any of the Seattle crew want to get a drink Friday night?

is it a night ending in y?

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
My beater miata and I are down for drinks

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
friday works for me, would prefer something no further south than ballard/fremont/udist...but i can always be talked into going to Feierabend

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

greenwood area would be great for me, but that is just because I am lazy and would rather not drive anywhere. I seem to remember 13" talking about the old highway 99, which also has 2 other bars right next to it.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
I really wish I hadn't neglected this thread. Miata owner here as well, although it's back on the east coast. Got a WRX, a fleet of motorbikes, and a cheap f-150 here though. Live just north of green lake.

Anybody need wrench time? Holler. Got a huge 2+ car garage too, with 220V compressor/etc.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
North side also works well for me, I'm staying with in-laws in Shoreline.

I might be having dinner with a buddy from Renton but am still up for something later in the evening (8.30-9ish). I might be able to drag him along, too; he's on a Chumpcar team.

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

blk posted:

North side also works well for me, I'm staying with in-laws in Shoreline.

I might be having dinner with a buddy from Renton but am still up for something later in the evening (8.30-9ish). I might be able to drag him along, too; he's on a Chumpcar team.

If you're already going to be in Renton, The Berliner has several good German beers.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
blk while you're up here there's a guy in burien trying to unload a torsen. I don't know your budget but it isn't far off the going rate last time I checked.http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/4728677428.html

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Maksimus54 posted:

blk while you're up here there's a guy in burien trying to unload a torsen. I don't know your budget but it isn't far off the going rate last time I checked.http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/4728677428.html

Thanks man - that's a good lead; I'm not sure if I'm going to invest in performance options for the Miata, but I might if I decide to keep it longer. The guy from Renton I'm meeting might actually be a potential buyer for my car; I'd just have to convince my wife and myself that spending an additional 15-20k to replace it with an S2000 is a good idea.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Did anyone decide on a place to meet or is that even still happening?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Hopefully still happening - I'm not sure when I'll be free after dinner but I'm guessing around 9. Do you guys want to meet somewhere northside around 9-9.30? I'm not sure what's around here.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I'm going to PM Maksimus, Televiper and 13 my number in case I can't get back to the forums tonight - let me know if you guys want to meet somewhere.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Depends how north is north for you. But yeah send me numbers well see what happens

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I do reiterate the Olde 99 at about Aurora and 72nd or so has great burgers and a pool table

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
I think we were talking the Greenwood/Ballard area. Olde99 works for me

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.
I'll probably need to bow out of this one, but we'll see how things go.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah that's real easy for me. Is parking okay?

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
I'll run up there if I have some time later

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Sweet, lets all aim for the olde99 pub around 9

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds good to me. Parking is reasonable but street level residential so theres sometimes a spot right out front. Its on the southbound side of aurora so its easy to sneak up behind it from the Greenwood area.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
My other thing was short so I'm here early, dick will be showing up in a bit.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Oh hey a PacNW AI thread where it looks like everyone lives in Seattle... I just moved here, going down to 1 car, selling my Mazda because my wife can't drive a stick. Was going to buy a Subaru but Uncle Bill threatened to have me evicted from Queen Anne and shipped to Fremont :qq:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
There's a part of the Pacific Northwest that's not Seattle?

I guess Portland is nice...

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

North Seattle goon checking in. I drive that brown MZ4 I hope you've never actually seen. :getin:

ninja edit: dammit, lovely day to join the thread. I'm missing a meet-up like 25 blocks from here?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Good meetin the guys who could make it, we definitely need to do that again.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Seat Safety Switch posted:

There's a part of the Pacific Northwest that's not Seattle?

I guess Portland is nice...

There's also Vancouver.

Nice to meet everyone!

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Yeah, we need to get a Portland meet going - who's down there besides me and Canadian Chick and the guy who lives up the gorge with a Miata or something?

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Crap did I just miss a meet? :\

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Wish I could have made it...between donating blood yesterday and needing to be up at 5am today for work, it wasn't feasible.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Nice to put faces to names, great to meet you guys.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Blaise posted:

Crap did I just miss a meet? :\

There will be others :unsmigghh:

Also forgot to say thanks you guys for not making fun of my hilariously oversized genitalia it meant a lot to me

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

CharlesM posted:

There's also Vancouver.

Nice to meet everyone!

Vancouver BC and Portland seem to have become the new Hollywoods of the 21st century if you've noticed how many movies and TV shows are getting shot in those cities now. When I moved here, it was only the occasional movie shot here, now there's three ongoing TV shows filming in Portland and like two more movies each year, it's weird watching some show and seeing actors standing in front of a building I just went past the day before.

blk posted:

Yeah, we need to get a Portland meet going - who's down there besides me and Canadian Chick and the guy who lives up the gorge with a Miata or something?

There's CountOfNowhere, though he doesn't post very often (too busy sawzalling the axles off his car or something :D ).

Normally for a place to meet I'd suggest the Horse Brass, but they don't have their own parking lot and if we want to also drool over cars, the street parking might be a limitation (not that any of us in Portland have fancy poo poo like the GT-Rs and Astons and first gen Civics of the Seattle crew :smith: )

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Sorry I missed this one, had to be at an appointment at 8 this morning so I stayed in last night. Next time I will make the long ~6 block walk from my house to the old 99.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I had to be at work at 8 :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Seattle area goons, I'm going on a walkabout tonight. Don't know for sure what area Im gonna wind up in but if someones sitting on their rear end looking for something to do last minute come hang out with me so I dont sit at home seeing how many things can fit in the fireplace.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 18, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'll be in Woodinville tonight. Gonna take a really long walk? :P

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I was debating dropping the car at home, powering down as much Laphroaig as it takes to not feel the cold and jump on one of the busses by my house and seeing where it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

HotCanadianChick posted:

There's CountOfNowhere, though he doesn't post very often (too busy sawzalling the axles off his car or something :D ).

Normally for a place to meet I'd suggest the Horse Brass, but they don't have their own parking lot and if we want to also drool over cars, the street parking might be a limitation (not that any of us in Portland have fancy poo poo like the GT-Rs and Astons and first gen Civics of the Seattle crew :smith: )

Man, I haven't been to the Horse Brass in years - I'd be happy to get a beer there or do Cars + Coffee sometime or something. Since you don't have PMs, what's a good way to reach you off-forum?

• Locked thread