Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Earwicker posted:

yeah people stare at us everywhere and just this morning some waiter made a big deal about my obviously Jewish last name in this weird way, I was pretty surprised. I always thought Southern racism was exaggerated by northerners because I used to live in PA which is racist as gently caress and I've been all over Texas (which has just as bad of a reputation) without any issue, but man this town is stuck in some kind of time warp its a very strange place.

That's funny. Not saying it doesn't exist for you, but it didn't seem to exist for me.

As a white guy who also has an obviously Jewish last name, I didn't feel weird at all walking around the entire Charleston area with my Chinese girlfriend.\

Then again, I'm from here, and I tend to not go towards areas of town I feel to be crawling with douchebags (Market St. in particular). Maybe you were just in douche central?

Ferdinand the Bull fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

She was a nubile young lass of Japanese origin.

I was the tall, mysterious stranger in the fedora and black khaki trenchcoat.

The night mist hung heavy around us as we slow-danced to one of Sting's later period offerings, a sumptious melody played on an Frankish lute.

She leaned close to me and whispered: ファーヅーナンドくん、日本語上手ですね。。。

I pecked her lightly on the cheek. She was my Tokyo Rose. Nothing could tear us apart.

• Locked thread