Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Tricerapowerbottom posted:

We live in Seattle, where literally nobody gives a single gently caress about a white man and an Asian woman walking down the street with their little hapa kids.
Does white man + Asian woman spark reactions anywhere though? I guess I could post about my Scandinavian man & South Korean (but adopted as a baby) woman relationship, but it's so uneventful that it barely feels worth mentioning, thankfully. I feel for the goons who posted about black + white relationships; that must be a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Pigasus posted:

White male/Asian female couples are ignored because Asian women are sexualized and stereotyped in this demure women stereotypes that is acceptable for a woman in the couple.
I speculate it's because virtually nothing negative is ever said about Asian women in the media. Think about it, ever seen a news broadcast, TV show or movie putting Asian women in a bad light?

I also think that argument about them being sexualized is a bit tired. Finding them beautiful does not equal having crazy notions that match the worst stereotypes.

• Locked thread