Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Shine posted:

...a few white women who clearly fetishized my color or otherwise made a big deal about "dating my first BLACK guy!"...

Stop taking all the white women! :argh:

All kidding aside, I am white as the driven snow, German ancestry (master race my rear end, the loving sun tries to kill us if we get a glimpse of it for more than a couple minutes.. It burns us precious..) but the family has been in the US since I don't know when, at least 4 generations.

I dated a lovely black woman for a few years. She was from Georgia, and I always found it fascinating to hear her stories of racism there. We met and dated in the Phoenix, AZ area, and I never once had someone make a comment or racial slur of any kind during that time, nor did I experience any of the odd "they aren't together" sort of things. She was smoking hot, so maybe that had something to do with it?

Reading this thread has been pretty interesting, because with only my little microcosm experience to go by, I wouldn't think that interracial relationships were any sort of an issue at all. Sadly, I appear to be quite wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread