Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

This is it. Good luck folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
In the waiting room.

I like that it says I can come back 15 minutes before they start as if I'm dumb enough to try that. I just leave the tab open for two hours thanks.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Where my ticket buddies at?

clearlydemon
Feb 21, 2007

Dirk Funk posted:

I like that it says I can come back 15 minutes before they start as if I'm dumb enough to try that. I just leave the tab open for two hours thanks.

poo poo, I just closed it.

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009

clearlydemon posted:

poo poo, I just closed it.

It's probably fine. It's just every year when I try to use this system when it was done a different way it was always a clusterfuck and never worked for me.

I'm thinking it will be the same way this time when tons of people try to get into the waiting room at once and aren't able to.

I could be wrong.

clearlydemon
Feb 21, 2007

Dirk Funk posted:

It's probably fine. It's just every year when I try to use this system when it was done a different way it was always a clusterfuck and never worked for me.

Yeah, that has been the case for me too. I'm almost sure everything will be ok (I reentered the waiting room), but I should know better than to trust blindly what the site says :downs:

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I'm not going this year because of budgetary reasons, but good luck to all of you.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

RevKrule posted:

Where my ticket buddies at?

Oh gently caress me in the rear end that's today! Well ill be up, playing some Dark Souls 2 but I'll get ready come time

give me yours when you can

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 23, 2014

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh gently caress me in the rear end that's today! Well ill be up, playing some Dark Souls 2 but I'll get ready come time

member ID: [redacted at request]

give me yours when you can

Hit me up by email. Chances are low I'll get what I'm looking for so I'll need your cc info if i get tickets before you.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 23, 2014

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Pan Dulce hit me up if you see this, sorry I didn't message you earlier

RevKrule posted:

Hit me up by email. Chances are low I'll get what I'm looking for so I'll need your cc info if i get tickets before you.

Sent

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

And here we go.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Go time, also I should have checked this thread earlier. If anyone still need a waiting room buddy hit me up, just looking for 2 tickets if possible.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tyberius posted:

Go time, also I should have checked this thread earlier. If anyone still need a waiting room buddy hit me up, just looking for 2 tickets if possible.

Im not in yet but whats your ID and what do you want day wise

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

And what's with these vagueass messages? No numbering system or anything.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

And what's with these vagueass messages? No numbering system or anything.

Didn't have numbering for the alumni either. It was very annoying.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So for those who didn't get it, was it literally vague messages -> oh sorry sold out!

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

RevKrule posted:

Didn't have numbering for the alumni either. It was very annoying.

It's pretty dumb. If they really want to lessen server load then show people where they are in line. Everyone after a certain number would probably just close the window and go do something else.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

So for those who didn't get it, was it literally vague messages -> oh sorry sold out!

Eh, they use those vague messages to let you know as they run out but rather than hard numbers. You'll see one saying like "preview night is sold out" and poo poo later on.

batphantom
Mar 24, 2001

Goddammit, they're not showing what place you are in line. That blows, I could be sitting here for hours.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

batphantom posted:

Goddammit, they're not showing what place you are in line. That blows, I could be sitting here for hours.

No, you'll probably be there for a little more than an hour tops.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
People are already done purchasing. Good luck.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Still getting vague messages

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
I sorta understand the logic behind random placement in line (since it doesn't matter what time you sign in during the 7 to 9 AM window, everybody won't rush in at 7 AM and crash their poo poo like years past).

However, it makes no sense that they don't tell you your spot in line once the random assignment has taken place. What could possibly be the reasoning for that? To encourage people to drop out (and decrease server load) out of boredom/hopelessness?

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

"Although it may be tempting, please do not use your back or refresh button."

That's right, ComicCon. My finger is scratching the f5 button the way a heroin addict scratches track marks.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Mr. Onslaught posted:

I sorta understand the logic behind random placement in line (since it doesn't matter what time you sign in during the 7 to 9 AM window, everybody won't rush in at 7 AM and crash their poo poo like years past).

However, it makes no sense that they don't tell you your spot in line once the random assignment has taken place. What could possibly be the reasoning for that? To encourage people to drop out (and decrease server load) out of boredom/hopelessness?

Probably just too much :effort:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Reminder that last year the moment I loving logged on my power went out :suicide:

I was pretty high up anyway so probably wouldnt have gotten it but still

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Im not in yet but whats your ID and what do you want day wise

Head to step out but as figured still haven't gotten in. ID Tyberius/LSimmons Fri/Sat edit: Last name Simmons

Tyberius fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 15, 2014

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

How does the purchase system work? If you get in can you purchase first and then ask if anyone else wants in? Or once you purchase that's that?

clearlydemon
Feb 21, 2007

Got mine! I'm still in the waiting room with another member id, so if somebody needs two tickets, email me (EDIT: Taken!).

Edit: when you get in, you can add another two member ids and choose the tickets you want for each of them, and then you check out.

clearlydemon fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 15, 2014

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
They used to tell you your spot in line and have a bar showing the amount of badges remaining for each day :smith:

I got Fri and Sun during the previous attendee registration, fingers crossed to pick up a Sat right now and a Fri-Sun for my friend. Otherwise I'll have nobody traveling with me to the con and have a gap in my attendance days :suicide:

I just realized I use more emoticons on Comic Con registration days than I do on every other day combined, so much ~stress~

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

clearlydemon posted:

Got mine! I'm still in the waiting room with another member id, so if somebody needs two tickets, email me (removed).

How would payment and confirmation for this work? I need a Sat for myself and a Fri-Sun for my friend, sent you an email with ID info and such

Mr. Onslaught fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 15, 2014

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

clearlydemon posted:

Got mine! I'm still in the waiting room with another member id, so if somebody needs two tickets, email me (gabenewell@valvesoftware.cum).

Edit: when you get in, you can add another two member ids and choose the tickets you want for each of them, and then you check out.

I sent you an email

4 day pass and prev night if possible if not just 4 day

if not that thurs, fri sat

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 15, 2014

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Mr. Onslaught posted:

How would payment and confirmation for this work? I need a Sat for myself and a Fri-Sun for my friend, sent you an email with ID info and such

He gets a payment confirmation email, you can paypal him the funds. The actual ticket emails go to the emails the user IDs are registered with.

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Soarer posted:

He gets a payment confirmation email, you can paypal him the funds. The actual ticket emails go to the emails the user IDs are registered with.

Well that's convenient!

I have PayPal at the ready for anyone who wants to get me a Sat and a Fri-Sun for my travel buddy

clearlydemon, did my e-mail go through/any chance you can do this?

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

The messages for preregistered were a bit more humorous, but I figured we haven't gotten to the point of trolling those in line yet. (That started to happen after days were sold out)

clearlydemon
Feb 21, 2007

Mr. Onslaught posted:

You are the second one, after motherbox. I'm waiting for their info, but If they don't contact me soon, I'll get yours and you can paypal me back.

Sorry to the rest who emailed me after!

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD

Mr. Onslaught posted:

Well that's convenient!

I have PayPal at the ready for anyone who wants to get me a Sat and a Fri-Sun for my travel buddy

clearlydemon, did my e-mail go through/any chance you can do this?

I think we all spammed him with emails

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Remember, you need member id and last names.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

clearlydemon posted:

You are the second one, after motherbox. I'm waiting for their info, but If they don't contact me soon, I'll get yours and you can paypal me back.

Just PMed you. Let me know if you need any info that we haven't provided yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

clearlydemon posted:

Dope, thanks so much. Just to be 100% clear, the ONSLAUGHT ID from my email needs just Sat, and the Poestkoke ID needs Fri, Sat, Sun

ONSLAUGHT ID last name is Williams
Poestkoke ID last name is Poestkoke

• Locked thread