Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Show me Nile Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mors Rattus posted:

Well, the old stuff, sure.

nWoD, especially in its most recent stuff, is shockingly good. (Mostly.)

nWoD is what happened when oWoD writers grew up, had kids, got mortgages, and pulled their heads out of their collective asses. 20th is those people looking back on what they did and feeling the need to fix it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Major stock market or election manipulation is like a glowing "come eat me alive" sign to the vampires who think they have a monopoly on that poo poo. Which is why you shoot them with black hole lasers! I unironically like a lot of Genius, it can be fun if your group isn't comprised of spergs.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

So why should anyone takes more than 2 levels of fighter? As far as I can see, that gets them to +5 hits, which gives success against anything in melee.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

They literally dragged the new god of death to court for "excessive humanity" because he stopped throwing souls in to the wall and was worse to evil people than to good people, and won the case. Murder the gods and topple their thrones.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

MOTB originally had an ending where you kick Kelemvor's teeth in and demolish the wall, but they took it out because they thought Wizards wouldn't let them do it. Then they found out later that they totally would have because of the upcoming 4e release.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Kurieg posted:

So like those really old priests who insist on using the latinate mass, except they can literally alter reality to where you always spoke latin instead.

More like around them miasma theory really is true, and diseases come from bad air.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I wish they had come up with a new name for the Genius void engineers, if only because they already did it once.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Keep in mind that these are all crackpot theories that have been explicitly disproved, like geocentrism.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I think one of Geist's big problems is that it's hard to have a big enemy for your group. You're just dealing with one-off ghosts. They can be big threats that take a lot of dealing with, but the kind of threat you're always used to.

Of course you could just be punching out vampires and stuff in which case that's cool.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Geists are just so far out of a slasher's weight class though. The slasher can't hurt them, and at least one (probably half) of the geists can Rage him to death.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The actual eating may or may not be evil, but everything they do to make the catering satisfying probably is.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It strikes me that using the leftovers of the incredibly ancient evil empire of terrifying wizard kings to power you weapons is not a good idea. Especially if they come back.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

FMguru posted:

The guy who runs and funds The New Inquisition seems to be a failed Avatar.

This was caused by Dermott Arkane as the opening salvo in his fight against the Mesenger for the seat: delivering a message that that stops an ascension is perfect for a man who wants to replace an avatar of vital truth and ascend as what is basically the Spin Doctor.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

There are actually a very few ways to design foolproof rituals, but they take a lot of meta knowledge and some rare people who can tell you about past universes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

There's something to be said for the idea that transhumanism is about how being a rich westerner will be even better in a decade.

There are way more important problems to solve than getting cat pictures directly into consumers' brain stems.

• Locked thread