Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

theironjef posted:

Here's a link to our list of owned titles and then a second sheet for recommended titles. We try to prioritize stuff that's been gifted to the show.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZR5R2H-tSyFo0iKqTI-5-ZfqLtzWzInfu9INOvbazHQ/edit?usp=sharing

You do realize that Dark Dungeons is a free game right? The PDF can be had here. Same content as the physical book, just different formatting is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Kavak posted:

It's the level of vitriol I object to, not hating nerd culture itself.

Maybe I'm being taken to a different blog, but other than a (bit) harsh critique of GTA, I don't see any vitriol. Dude's a bit wordy, though.

Anyway.

That Kevin Crawford seems to put a lot of good poo poo. Does he only do OSR stuff?

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Gnome Titan Mage. I want to see this happen. Make 'em real quirky, too.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

hyphz posted:

HackMaster, 2

So, questions for the moment:
* Do we go ahead with these stats, or swap some or all of them?
* What weapons shall we go for proficiency with? The choices we have and the adjusted BP costs (not counting the ones we already have) are:
1 BP: Bardiche, Battle Axe, Crossbow, Dagger, Fauchard, Fauchard-Fork, Flail, Glaive, Great Warhammer, Guisarme, Hand Axe, Javelin, Knife, Mace, Military Fork, Military Pick, Morningstar, Partisan, Pike, Scourge, Short sword, Spear, Spetum, Staff, Warhammer, Voulge
2 BP: Bec de Corbin, Bill-Guisarme, Broadsword, Glaive-Guisarme, Greatsword, Guisarme-voulge, Halberd, Horseman's Flail, Horseman's Mace, Horseman's Pick, Lance, Longsword, Ranseur, Sabre, Scimitar, Short Bow, Sling, Thrown Axe, Thrown Knife, Trident, Two-handed Scythe, two-handed Sword
3 BP: Longbow

We must be able to use all varieties and slight variation of the polearm. gently caress longbows. We're a short angry, non-magical man! Or woman.

Keep your stats the way that they are. We're going to kawaii-est gnome-titan.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I was weirded out by that too, is it really that hard between all the magical girl franchises, especially with ones like Precure that drop a whole new set of faces yearly?

I'm going to guess the people who worked on this project was mostly just familiar with Sailor Moon, Card Captors, Lyrical Nanoha, and Madoka after that came out. Basically stuff that was popular with 4chan or otherwise present on TV or the internet without anyone specifically searching for it. Mors Rattus already pointed out that Precure wasn't and isn't exactly big in the west, so it isn't too odd in that respect.

• Locked thread