Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Hero Plane and Hero Quests were the absolute best parts of Glorantha.

Along with all the other parts of Glorantha, which were also extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If this game was based on REAL wrestling the guy that made the X would have to make the thing that offended him his gimmick, while the commentators mocked him.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
GNOME TITAN

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Gnome-Titan Fighters have the potential for a lot of fun. Pixie-Fairie thief is pretty great too.

My group has a genuine, unironic, love for Hackmaster, it's got some clunk in there and yea 4e hid waaaay too far behind 'no it's a joke see' but there's this really good blend of actual love for old style D&D and also an utter contempt for many of the kinds of players old style D&D forged.

Also, while it's not F&F material really (I don't think) the 5th ed monster manual is probably one of my absolute favorite monster books period. It has the normal stat blocks, then it has a quick reference 'stat rose' with all the important stuff (DR, attack bonus, etc) and even a block for Monster Hunter style harvesting the corpse including medical, edible, and just straight up trophy 'loot' along with the obvious 'dragons have mad gold' stuff. Plus there's little asides from 'experts' for fluff and little details like pictures of tracks and poo poo. This is what I mean when I say there's actual love for the product, these dudes are clearly 100% into their concept and that's just really important in these heartbreaker type things.

It's actually pretty awesome, except the orc parts where they specify that they 'brutally rape' women, and that they'll die if you rescue them.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I super blocked that out I guess, gross as gently caress.

Where the hell did the 'orcs do lots of rape' thing come from anyway? At least Warhammer is free of such taint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Young Freud posted:

This relates a lot to a discussion I had with a friend about Call of Cthulhu Sanity, that maybe we should not be thinking of a cultist going into gibbering madness but achieving some sort of weirdo transubstantial enlightenment where they no longer think in human terms. What good is believing everyone is a rational actor when you find that that the dark powers that run the universe behave in what a human would think is irrationally. An ant can't fathom why we go on vacations or the concept of an economy, but if one did start thinking like a human, then it would be the outsider.

If I remember this is spelled out in not so many words in the core book. You're not going 'insane', you're starting to understand the real way reality functions and seem insane because of it. Likewise, magic is the real physics of the world.

• Locked thread