Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Xelkelvos posted:

I was thinking Rattlesnakes

Man if a game had magical snake men or women associated with maracas or something similar (and ONLY those) I would probably forgive a good few other faults just because that'd be hilarious.

Serenade people with your sick maraca skills.

This isn't to say maracas aren't amazing, they can make awesome music, but they aren't exactly what people think of when they think 'music'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

hyphz posted:

. Unfortunately, at the moment we won't get the Hiking proficiency because it requires 11 Con, so we'd need to swap stats around in order to get it.

But Gnome Titan apparently gives you +2 to Con, so you should have enough for that? Or do you already have the racial bonuses baked into the rolled stats or...?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Princesses sounds unironically fun and I would like to actually play it, and I dislike WoD.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I played in a Hunter game about a two years ago until a year ago, where we all played people whose lives were touched by the monster types in ways that weren't typical, working for an organization trying to find ways for them to contribute to society without hurting people. It had the required 'dark undertones', but it was a lot of fun - the characters were my marine turned housewife whose twin childrenwere abducted by the Fae and returned as Changelings, an 18 year old whose brother was turned into a vampire against his will and killed himself instead of feeding on his brother, and a dude who dated a werewolf girl and got caught in the crossfire when Hunters came to kill her for no reason, and held her in his arms as she died from that.

It was a lot more... light hearted? Not really light hearted but like, softer in tone. We weren't horrible murderers, most of the time we were protecting younger monsters from older ones, or from other Hunters. It was a ton of fun, and probably my only good experience with a WoD game. We weren't horrible people murdering things for fun or because they were monsters, we were people who had horrible things happen and realized that even the monsters could be human.

I dunno why I'm talking about it because it doesn't actually matter, but I mean, I think that how like Cythereal's people play WoD is just as cool as any other way. It doesn't need to be horrible people doing horrible stuff 24/7

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Night10194 posted:

I played a game that wasn't WoD but was definitely modeled after it as a social worker who got involved first with Changelings and fae and then later became kind of a supernatural child services agent for the city of Baltimore, solving domestic disputes between werewolf tribes and runaway kids abducted by vampire cliques. It was some of the most fun I ever had with an urban fantasy game, just going around helping people and solving mysteries. It's definitely a legit and cool way to play.

I had so much fun with it, I wish it was still going. Unfortunately the GM went insane after his girlfriend left him, and decided to make it all DARK AND GRITTY AND WE WERE ACTUALLY EVIL THE WHOLE TIME and we just kinda... didn't go after that session. Two of us stopped even talking to him, because it was so bizzare and stupid a twist, which included my character watching her changeling children being vivisected while still alive, for no reason other than to say gently caress you to my character.

Nerds are the worst.

• Locked thread