Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I really love this show.

Since Rake is pretty much dead I hope they try and move it on Thursdays at 9pm instead I really think it could grow in audience if they gave it a chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't know, I think the list is terrible. There's no reason for The Millers to be higher than The Crazy Ones, or the Michael J. Fox show to be so high.

I would agree with you that it's slightly better than Trophy Wife too. If i had to give my top 5 new sitcoms of the year, it'd probably be:

Brooklyn 9-9
Enlisted
Trophy Wife
The Crazy Ones
The Millers

Both Enlisted and The Millers are on that thin line where it could get really corny and too broad, but while The Millers crosses that line way too often, Enlisted manages to avoid ever crossing it.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

EL BROMANCE posted:

I personally hate The Millers, but I also watched about 5 or 6 episodes of The Crazy Ones and saw no real reason to keep going on that either. I thought MJF was a good chunk better than those shows, even if it's nothing ground breaking and I've not watched the last 3 or 4 episodes.

I quite liked Back in the Game, I'd have liked to have seen that at least complete it's season.

But yeah it's the top of the list that matters... B99, Goldbergs, Enlisted, Trophy Wife are worthy of second seasons, the rest I don't really care about their fates.

I like The Millers only because I love the cast so drat much. I pretty much like to love all of them, so I am purely watching to see these people act in something even if the material barely rises above tolerable. I like them enough because I find that the actors are good enough to rise about the material.

The problem with MJF show for me is the fact that it's just bland and univen. It doesn't have a firm grasp on its characters and they really change personalities from episode to episode. Some days they are very close and clearly care for each others, others they are almost a Always Sunny-level of dysfunctional.

His sister might be the worst example in the cast. One episode she's just a lazy woman who refuses to grow up and writes article for cosmo but is otherwise just a normal human being, and in another episode she literally believes she's having an affair with a ghost.

The material is ok, all the actors are usually solid actors, it just doesn't do it for me. It just feels bland and boring. I mean I'll watch and enjoy it but ultimately just don't care. It's been cancelled, so I just deleted all the episodes from my dvr and deleted that season pass

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like the cast a lot too, which is why it utterly pains me to see them in something so bad. Same with Tom Lennon in Sean Saves The World. I can't put myself through that much awful just to see people I like on TV.

Yeah I love Tom Lennon too but SSTW was so terrible I couldn't bring myself to watch more than about 2 minutes before I turned it off.

Still better than Dads, I don't think I made it past 30 seconds before rage quitting.

quote:

Have you written that in another thread here before? I swear I've read those exact same words in the last few days somewhere...

I think so yeah, because that was the tipping point for me to stop caring at all about this show.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
No one mentioned the emotional side of the episode? I don't think I've ever seen any television show that deals with the military with more heart, respect and love than this show. Same for their treatment of PTSD. It's really weird that it came in the form of a short-lived comedy that died anonymously on the friday graveyard shift on Fox :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
:haw: :haw: :haw:

http://www.avclub.com/article/yahoo-might-also-save-enlisted-206893

quote:

After its last-minute rescue of Community, Yahoo is now reportedly considering taking in another stray by picking up Fox’s Enlisted, Deadline and The Wrap report. Both sites say Yahoo is in early discussions with 20th Century Fox TV about reviving the canceled cult comedy on its Yahoo Screen service, after fans responded to Community’s reprieve by immediately demanding Yahoo save everything else they’d ever loved. And while your beloved childhood dog still burns in hell, the appeal of being able to pick up another established property with a built-in fanbase and a creative team that’s still in the groove of things obviously proved attractive enough to Yahoo to at least consider it. It’s unclear whether that means Enlisted will become the latest to find a new home with the Internet’s crazy cat lady, but Yahoo should really consider putting bricks on its trash cans, before Happy Endings also comes sniffing around.

• Locked thread