Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

I'm pretty happy with OU's schedule. It's mostly pretty favorable for us and I think we should have a pretty high chance of making the playoffs if Trevor Knight plays even remotely close to his Sugar Bowl performance.

Biggest question marks are Texas, Baylor, and at Tech. At WVU is a huge trap game as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

A proud Big 8 Tradition.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
OU backup QB Kendal Thompson is transferring. Just one step closer to the Baker Mayfield show.

e: He's graduating in May so he could start somewhere next year as a grad student I believe

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Blake Bell is converting to TE, reportedly.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Korranus posted:

The Daily Cougar is the #2 newspaper in Houston by circulation. Newspaper biz, yall.

Last semester it will be printed though

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Probably more appropriate for the draft thread or the NFL off-season thread, but I caught this in D&D and it legit brought tears to my eyes. I've never had the good fortune of catching the local news in Dallas, but this guy's a goddamn hero:

Dale Hansen, Dallas sportscaster, weighs in on Micheal Sam of Missouri.

Dale Hansen really owns. I grew up watching him on the news.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Thermos H Christ posted:

Nice. Something needs to be done to improve the atmosphere at Texas games. poo poo is somewhere between sad and infuriating. The fact that we haven't beaten a ranked opponent in Austin since 2008 probably has a lot to do with it, but man it is a dismal scene over there.

Word is that Patterson recently brought in Disney to consult on improvements to the stadium experience, which sounds silly, but if you've ever been to a Disney park you know they are on a whole other level when it comes to creating settings where every detail is carefully thought out and calculated to enhance the experience. I'd be very interested to know what they suggested.

"Field a better team"

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Lone Star owns, it's my go-to beer.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MourningView posted:

lol

I wrote a big rear end paper for a law and college athletics seminar class I took in law school that in part argued that athletes should be treated as employees so I'm kinda excited to read that ruling.

that sounds like a lot of effort i just wrote mine about :420:

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

OU-Texas

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Deteriorata posted:

This is essentially identical to what Henry Beach Needham was reporting about college football in the Summer of 1905 in his "The College Athlete (Part I) (Part II)" expose. This has been an issue since the dawn of college football, and I don't know any way around it short of federal legislation creating a new governing body with real investigative and subpoena power, along with federal statutes making these sorts things explicitly illegal rather than merely unethical.

The NCAA was created to try and rein it in, but it is woefully inadequate to the task.

You must've really enjoyed reading that fresh off the newsstand.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I hope DGB comes to OU. Is there a literal murderer we can take, too, to go all Last Boy Scout on the field?

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
i wish i could relegate pitchers hitting in baseball to the history books

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Declan MacManus posted:

Oh hey, Cody Hawkins

that owns

Moving to Sweden because you're marginally talented at football has to be the best career choice ever.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Thoguh posted:

Speaking of long lost posters, did Andichu die or just get another new screen name? WVU is one of the few schools in the conference I can talk poo poo about.

he died of GRIDS

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Alouicious posted:

I think it's OU's uniforms honestly. I just look at them and they scream "PAY NO ATTENTION TO ME, I AM BORING AS gently caress AND SHOULD NOT BE WATCHED"

You clearly haven't brought the wood.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
lmao just saw DGB to OU. boomer sooner. go full switzer please. bring back trey metoyer

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Yeah, that's where I was going with that - if he does get reinstated, he'll probably get kicked off the team before he ever catches a pass so.

also Maryland has had the worst drat luck with injuries and I'm just going to blame Edsall because gently caress Edsall

@GuerinEmig 3m Well this is one way to put it. Said one OU rep about DGB's situation with the #Sooners: "If he farts in a meeting, he's gone."

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

I still find NRG to be dumber

also this whole Oklahoma "Bring the Wood" campaign is the world's greatest boner joke

we're playing the long game to announce that trey metoyer is back on the team

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I expect Mixon to be gone if these allegations are even remotely true. Busting a girls face in and several broken bones? Jesus christ.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Norman PD absolutely loves loving with OU football players so I can't even begin to imagine why he's not arrested yet

Yeah I haven't read much of the story since I've been busy studying for the bar, its a weird story for sure

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Korranus posted:

Apparently Oklahoma is opening up 2016 at Houston in the Advocare Texas Kickoff. It's awesome that UH can still schedule P5 teams, and it will be John O'Korn's senior year and probably the best chance the AAC will ever get to getting a team in the playoffs, but why is OU not opening at home?

As both an OU and UH fan, this should be fun.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Vince's knee was down

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MourningView posted:

Only as part of the Rotel commercials! They weren't running independent ads or sponsoring shows. Barbasol got in early too but I think that was year three. Otherwise commercial breaks were all seed corn, school ads, and about awful sounding queso dip.

It was absolutely perfect and never should've changed.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Korranus posted:

As an AAC fan I'd love to see 75 schools object and make the power conferences try to split from the NCAA, but I know that's not going to happen.

It's going to end up like the UN General Assembly

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
The University of North Texas (formerly North Texas State University (formerly North Texas State College (formerly North Texas State Teachers College (formerly North Texas State Normal College (formerly Texas Normal College and Teachers Training Institute))))) was once upon a time the largest Teachers College/Normal School in the world.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Preseason SOS is pretty pointless.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

buddhanc posted:

Was there ever any security footage released?

No, they aren't releasing it before any potential trial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Jesus Christ shut the gently caress up.

• Locked thread