Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The SEC east sucks so much that Florida could win it. Nearly everyone is in horrible flux, whether it is departing staff or players or angry injury gods. Mizzou's the prohibitive after a magic season because their back-up ended up owning hard. They also have an incredibly sorry schedule, avoiding Alabama, Auburn, and LSU, getting a JFF-less Aggie.

God drat if Mizzou can't repeat, that will be horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

We (Florida State) have a mildly impressive this coming year!

ACC home games: Boston College, Clemson, Virginia, Wake Forest
ACC road games: Louisville, Miami, NC State, Syracuse
OOC road games: Okie State, played in Texas
OOC home games: UF, Citadel, Notre Dame

Bolded games are ones I'm interested in

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FastLaneSports:
Dabo Swinney compared Clemson quarterbacks Cole Stoudt, Chad Kelly and Deshaun Watson to Joe Montana, Steve Young "

I'm starting to come around on Swinney

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Gary Pinkel must be some golden god of coaching because his recruiting is not flashy at all. It's barely above Duke's.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Florida plays LSU and Bama.

LSU returns nearly all of their team. Bama loses nearly all of that.

Holy crap Bama had a senior-laden team. That they lost like they did is hilarious

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

:stare:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

that necklace is so tacky

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bama probably drops a couple regular season games next year

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

so dorial beckam green got arrested

http://www.rockmnation.com/2014/1/11/5297892/dorial-green-beckham-arrested

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

ESPN's filmroom broadcast of the championship game is on youtube now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osb46jR2bRQ

Matt Millen does his thing, which is generally offensive, but Addazio and company were very good much of the time

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

So what non-seniors in your teams are declaring for the draft?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah, I would've put either Tebow or Young ahead of Leinart.

oooooor Jaaaaameeisss? :iamafag:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

An objectively good article about Florida State's situation going into and succeeding in 2013

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/1/13/5304144/florida-state-bcs-national-championship-jimbo-fisher-jameis-winston-2013-recap

Some stuff like the groundwork laid in recruiting, rebuilding a coaching staff that lost 6 coaches to other jobs within a couple weeks, really lucky things (like not getting injured), etc.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Vinnie Sunseri is 100% gone to the draft, right? Like hired an agent and no longer a student at Bama?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Maryland suing the ACC for ~$150 million

http://www.wokv.com/feed/sports/maryland-files-157-million-counterclaim-vs-acc/fWscL/

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thanks, FSU defense :unsmith:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KKKLIP ART posted:

Is this FSU saying they don't care that Pruitt came to UGA to do his thing?

yes it is.

and it made me feel better

Edit: He didn't even tell our players he was leaving. Jimbo's on vacation in Texas hunting with his kids and he didn't know either. What a dick

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 15, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Is he even that special or did he just do what any above-average DC would do when given better talent than every opponent and huge support from the offense?

he's pretty fuckin' good. We lost a trio of first round talent at DE, DTs in the nfl, and a now-starter on the Steelers, and a first round CB and got appreciably better in year one in his system. He's also one of the best recruiters in the nation.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

UNC's WR Ryan Switzer had an insane amount of punt returns this year, 5. He also looks funny because of his stubby legs, long torso, and upright running
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN4Sia8jMAs

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I don't think it's as quite a 'wake-up call' moment as it's being made out to be. The bigger lesson is Cade Foster sucks and get a new kicker

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Emron posted:

Cade Foster didn't kick on that play. But your point stands in that he missed a bunch before that.

The particular kicker on that ending kick rules though

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

James Franklin ‏@coachjfranklin
52s

Two years ago we lost a #PSU legend! Remembering Coach Paterno today. We are proud & honored to add on to the foundation he built. #WeAre

:toot:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Relentlessboredomm posted:

So FSU gets all its tough games at home: OSU, Clemson, ND, UF?

I doubt they'll repeat but that certainly helps.

define "tough"

ND loses its DL
UF is installing a new defense and has no WRs
Okie State is in Arlington
Clemson loses Tahj and Watkins

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dattserberg posted:

tough
[tuhf]
adjective, tough·er, tough·est.

The teams on your schedule that are not The Citadel, UVA, Syracuse, or Wake Forest.

Who were the winningest college QBs of the past 20 or so years? Ken Dorsey, (ugh) AJ McCarron, any other big names

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

oh hey reddit actually kinda answered this, but it's 11 months old

1) Kellen Moore, 50-3, 2008-2011, Boise State
2) Colt McCoy, 45-8, 2006-2009, Texas
3) Andy Dalton, 42-7, 2007-2010, TCU
4) David Greene, 42-10, 2001-2004, Georgia
5) Peyton Manning, 39-6, 1994-1997, Tennessee

Ken Dorsey is 38–2
McCarron is 36 - 4

kayakyakr posted:

Colt McCoy, Kellen Moore, Peyton Manning

some others: http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2008/11/20/d-1a-qbs-with-30-wins/ (from 2008)

Even better, thanks!

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 23, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

duuuuuude Duke might be able to repeat with that schedule!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Frinkahedron posted:

It's gonna be a 20-10 grinder (hint: Ohio State wins in the 4th).

Dabo outcoached Meyer. I'm sure Frank Beamer can pull it out

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Emron posted:

My friends, let me tell you about Piggly Wiggly.

"It's where we showcase our XXth national championship trophy!"

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

That we put on fairly large parties for this kinda creeps me out but gently caress it we need booster cash

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Last 20 defending Champs

1994 Florida State- started 4-0. finished 10-1-1 and won the Sugar Bowl
1995 Nebraska- went 12-0 and repeated as Champs
1996 Nebraska- lost 2nd game of the year. climbed back up rankings and was in line to play FSU in New Orleans and then got upset by Texas in the inaugural BXII Title Game
1997 Florida- started 5-0 then lost 2 in a 3 game stretch (LSU and UGa). finished 10-2 and won the Citrus Bowl
1998 Nebraska- started 5-0 and then the wheels came off. finished 9-4 after a loss in the Holiday Bowl
1998 Michigan- lost 1st 2 games of the year, then lost to OSU in ref season finale. won Citrus Bowl, finished 10-3
1999 Tennessee- lost 2nd game of year to Florida, finished 9-3 after loss in Fiesta Bowl
2000 Florida State- started 5-0, lost at UM, ran table to reach title game, lost to OU. finished 11-2
2001 Oklahoma- started 7-0 and then lost in Lincoln to Nebraska. dropped game to Les Miles in Bedlam game, finished 11-2 after win in Cotton Bowl
2002 Miami- undefeated regular season. lost in title game to heavy underdog Ohio St. 12-1
2003 Ohio St- started 5-0 then lost in Madison to Wisconsin cause Chris Gamble bit on a double move. also lost to Michigan. beat EMAW in Fiesta, finished 11-2
2004 LSU- started 2-0 then lost 2 in a 3 game stretch (Auburn and Georgia). lost Citrus Bowl to Iowa on a hail Mary. finished 9-3
2004 USC- destroyed everything in its path including OU in the title game. 13-0
2005 USC- The Greatest Team of All time wasn't good enough to beat Vince Young in Pasadena. 12-1
2006 Texas- got pimp slapped at home by OSU in week 2, then lost to EMAW and A&M to finish reg season. finished 10-3 after beating Iowa in the Alamo Bowl
2007 Florida- lost 4 games including Citrus Bowl to Michigan. 9-4, but they got a purdy Bronze Statue for their functioning retard of a QB
2008 LSU- started 4-0 and then all hell broke loose. went 4-5 the rest of the way, finished 8-5 after beating Ga Tech in ATL
2009 Florida- was 12-0 and playing for a spot in Pasadena. but Urban's heart couldn't take it, Saban ended their quest. they beat up Cincy in New Orleans to finish 13-1
2010 Alabama- started 5-0 but then got Lattimored. then for good measure they lost to LSU and blew a huge lead to Cam. beat Sparty in the Citrus to finish 10-3
2011 Auburn- replacing Cam was a bitch. lost to Clem, Arky, LSU, UGa, and Bama. finished 8-5 after crushing UVa in ATL
2012 Alabama- lost @ home to Johnny Football but still made it to Miami where they overwhelmed an out matched Notre Dame. finished 13-1 and repeated as champs
2013 Alabama- lost a chance at a 3 peat because Nick doesn't care about recruiting real kickers. then lost OU in New Orleans for good measure. 11-2

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Spencer Hall ‏@edsbs 1h
Winter Storm name lists that don't include "Krampus" and "Netscape" can go right to hell: http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/24/5341426/winter-storm-names-guide

The Weather Channel ‏@weatherchannel 8m
@edsbs It's like you called us the Muschamp of naming winter storms :(

Spencer Hall ‏@edsbs 5m
.@GatorZoneFB Even the Weather Channel is clowning your rear end. DO SOMETHING COMPETENTLY SOON PLEASE.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Declan MacManus posted:

Not that I don't approve of Every Man A Wildcat but why did you use that instead of KSU

because I pasted it from another board here, where the KSU contingent is affectionately referred to as EMAW

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

MourningView posted:

They very often do not, somehow. I got accused of being a Alabama homer by angry Florida State fans because I kept suggesting that they'd never lose a game again for the next 200 years.

:smug: who's got egg on their face now :smug:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

AJ McCarron ‏@10AJMcCarron
5m
Is it just me or are some of the Grammy performances so far seem to be really demonic?? Looks like there is a lot of evil in the world..

This offseason is already unbearable

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

they swept the rap categories I think

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

:toot: