Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Frinkahedron posted:

The saddest topic.

Now taking suggestions for Logan Thomas avatar replacement :smith:

Do one of those avatars that zooms the focus between 2 components of the same image, where one is the crushed Miami player, and the other is the punter, victoriously flexing over him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Regnevelc posted:

Remember when they said that about Ball State :)

CHIRP CHIRP

My only good I Called It moments last year were saying that UVA would both lose to Ball State, and lose their last 5 consecutive games. I honestly did not think they would only win 2 games, that was a bit of a hilarious surprise.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Spacemonkey57 posted:

The best possible outcome of this is that the judge will just award Maryland back to the ACC.

No givebacks, you have to send them to the Big 12 or something.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Sash! posted:

I'm pretty sure DC is largely composed of VT, Texas A&M, and Big Ten grads.

Those military weapons aren't going to engineer themselves.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Frinkahedron posted:

UVA is going 1-11.

I don't want to get greedy, but if I give in, I'm going all the way for 0-12.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Dabo outcoached Meyer. I'm sure Frank Beamer can pull it out

Maybe, but that Clemson team had talent, and if there's to be any on the VT side, it probably isn't even on campus yet.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

AJ might be white enough, but he has way too many tats to be unironically calling the Grammys demonic.

Plus, Alabama is the Great Satan of our time.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Butch Deadlift. Slab Bulkhead. Buff Drinklots.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

That's just one poo poo, among many, for which Saban does not have time.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Swag is for boys, class is for bag men.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Jesus, I thought making fun of UVA spring game attendance was easy.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

(Hokie RBs are almost as cursed as Iowa ones in terms of careers it feels like)

Their careers are only cursed with injury once they get to the NFL.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

I wish the VT Corps of Cadets would have something like General Turkey just so there would finally be a live one roaming around on the sidelines.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Frinkahedron posted:

We used to have a live turkey mascot way back in the day :ssh:

Now we sell turkey legs at games. Best handwarmer ever.

I know, but the past is gone. It's my money, and I want a giant turkey loafing around on the sidelines and tilting its head at the camera NOW.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

I can't remember the exact recruit, I think it might have been Andrew Brown, who called him that and it's just been a running joke for VT fans since.

Coach Dream. Honestly.

I'm partial to Timecop

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Still got nothing on the Virginia Tech bass fishing national title.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Looking forward to other bowls sponsored by Internet jokes, like the Goatse Rose Bowl and the Tubgirl Fiesta Bowl

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Thermos H Christ posted:

God help us if Auburn finds a way to recruit from death row

Hey, that's one way to make scholarship room for incoming recruiting classes.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Ahahahahahahahhaah

That Z looks kind of familiar

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

ACC Media Day 2 in which a former walk-on and a low 2* offered right before NSD are sent to represent VT because of course.

To be fair, Maddy is really good and was one of those few true surprise players. Byrn, welp...

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Anals of History posted:

It'll be fun to watch and laugh at on TV. IRL, there will be people who show up in spite of football to cheer for/talk about Bitcoin. At a time you should be relaxing and having fun, you'll spend all game dreaming about bashing their heads in with a pipe wrench.

You say this like beating up nerds isn't fun.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

EVERY MORNING SPURDOGG WAKES UP AND OPEN PALM SLAMS A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S 2010 GAMETAPE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH MY QUARTERBACK STEPHEN GARCIA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME GATOR BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE COUNTRYS MOST DANGEROUS CONFERENCE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE PRESS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN THE PRESS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE PLAYS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Emptyquoting this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Frinkahedron posted:

Now I'm a real adult with a job but I never left town

Livin' the dream UP TOP

• Locked thread