Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide
Can we do away with preseason rankings? They are really bad. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Captain von Trapp posted:

Auburn selling for more than Alabama? You'd think Bama would be worth more in XXL t-shirts alone. :raise:

Seriously, I would have thought we would have more sidewalk fans for sure.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Gus Malzahn won the Bear Bryant Coach of the Year award. I believe all five men who have coached Auburn in the time that award has existed have won it, while ironically no Alabama coach has.

I only assume that's because when Auburn wins big, it's a surprise.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Scarf posted:

I hope ND loses every god drat game against the ACC.

Wait, I thought ND was part of the ACC now? Is it not? I'm so confused.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia Tech starting with a murderer's row of Wofford, Tulane and Georgia Southern, avoiding FSU yet again, and getting a bye before Georgia.

And they'll still finish 7-5.

$5 says Tulane wins.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Anals of History posted:

Cross-posting because the Fulmer Cup thread's probably close to getting gassed: here's video of an MSU commit supplexing a security guard right onto tile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfqIlDm_vGM

I leave the rest to RD Mangles.

My favorite quote about this from an MSU fan.

"Oh you guys are traditionalists. You don't send a weak rear end guard to keep security in his hallway. He was just being emotional and excited about the results from an AP chemistry exam. He's intelligent and better educated than 95% of you. This is entertaining, so much better than the boring guys who don't slam the guard on his head."

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Detroit_Dogg posted:

An MSU QB commit beat up a security guard at his school.

He's also previously sucker punched a kid in the handshake line.

I don't think he's going to have that offer for very long.

Just part of the tryout for the Auburn QB position.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I was hoping for somebody completely hapless. Like a gay organization is trumpting SUPERSTAR GAY QB TYLER MURPHY OF THE POWERHOUSE FLORIDA GATORS and everyone had to explain to them why that was bad.

Ugh. That would be the worst. Because if he is the starter and is consistently terrible then AL.com posters and their conservative ilk will say "He's not getting benched because the liberal media durr durr durr...." But if he actually does get benched, then it will obviously be because he is gay. That shitstorm would be just dandy. Just let someone awesome be the benchmark leader for gay college players. Someone like Maty Mauk or TJ Yeldon.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Basil Hayden posted:

As far as I can tell, this is the most shameful championship seriously claimed by any school in the sport. I don't know why the NCAA recognizes as major some of the selectors they do.

Would you believe it's not even a retroactive championship, though?

It seriously boggles the mind. All the other ones that we claim prior to the UPI at least have some logic behind them. This one is just like "What?" Minnesota should be the only National Champion for that year.

EDIT: This might be the one that UA uses as a fill in for 1966. We went undefeated and won the Sugar Bowl against a #6 Nebraska. But because of the civil rights movement, voters would not vote Alabama the Champion. So it instead went to 9-0-1 Notre Dame team.

ACoolT5 fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 31, 2014

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Raku posted:

Nick Saban is unironically the funniest guy in football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DNCfbYc8ZU&sns=fb

Goddamm Saban has such contempt for press conferences. Up until that very end at least. Glad to see him cracking a smile every so often.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

swickles posted:

As the unofficial and self imposed doctor of TFF, I suggest you all check out Naegele's Algorithm when it comes to having kids and such. Its not as simple as a straight 9 months, this will let you hone in on the the times to avoid/try for conception so you don't miss anything important, like Alabama's opening day against Western Carolina College for the Blind.

Well, you're doing a better job than the last great TFF doctor: RandyRand.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Mark Richt has lost control of the Stormtrooper Corps.

(Georgia WR Chris Conley is a massive Star Wars nerd and got a bunch of cosplayers to show up and do a fanfilm. Todd Gurley's in it too.)

The best part about this is how much poo poo Georgia fans would be talking if Paul Johnson had done the very same thing.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Spiritus Nox posted:

People who interact with recruits are the worst. That loving sucks for that kid. Poor guy sounds completely taken aback even in the article.

This is the real root of the problem, and one of the main reasons I don't even pay attention to recruiting. It's ridiculous the amount of interaction people think they are entitled to with these kids. Also, I can only imagine the fallout that will occur from the first confirmed false flag attack on some high profile recruit.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Korranus posted:

Criminal charges, angry dumb words by angry dumb fans on social media, some hand wringing by media blowhards, and then the news cycle moves on to the next story?

I meant more along the lines of a barrage of copycat dumbass fans harassing recruits as they pose as their rival's fanbase. It would bring out the absolute worst in people.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
I saw a decent suggestion for counteracting fake injuries. If you go down on the field and have to be helped off, you are out for 5 minutes, starting from the time you reach the sideline. And that is in 5 real time minutes, not game time. That way it takes you out for more than the next few plays, but it also doesn't keep you out for a long drive, and therefore does not punish players who may have an actual cramp.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

JT Jag posted:

This is the case anywhere in the state.

(Auburn isn't part of the state, they're West Georgia)

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

KKKLIP ART posted:

Grocery store chat:

Here is this thing in the Kroger closest to the UGA campus. Apparently the 2 Krogers have the pineapple cup where they see who sells the most pineapples. Also there is this dog thing and a person was stabbed there so it is affectionately known as murder kroger.

There is only one Murder Kroger and it sure as hell isn't in Athens. It's on Ponce and is one of the four named Krogers in Atlanta. There is Murder Kroger, Disco Kroger, Gay Kroger, and Hipster Kroger.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Coco13 posted:

wisconsin's hot dog should be a bratwurst gently caress this conference

Seriously. I visited Madison like 2 years ago and had a hell of a Brat. Also, everyone should visit Madison. It rules. It's better than Athens. There, I said it.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

computer parts posted:

Some prospective students made a dumb picture on our dead dog cemetery and now everyone is getting mad:

What's next? Walking on "The Grass" and wearing a hat in the student union building? Pfft. Kids these days...

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Hahaha, OF COURSE he is from Phenix City. I don't know what I was expecting.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Goddamn that is painful. Big 10 ladies and gentlemen.

ACoolT5 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 15, 2014

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I didn't mean for that to start so late, the entire video is gold.

Oh yeah, 0:24 is BRUTAL.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

MourningView posted:

This is a serious bummer, yeah.

In all honestly, I would have been in total favor of making it the permanent National Championship location. But, that could have never happened and still gotten the cooperation of the other bowls. I assume that if Pac 12 and Big 10 teams make the playoff in the same year, and the Rose Bowl is in play as a semi-final that those teams would meet at that venue. I know it'll be sad not seeing Wisconsin lose there every year, but I'm sure you guys will be able to cope.

EDIT: Also, two WTF points. Why is it called the Atlanta Bowl? It's the Peach Bowl dammit. And why in the hell is Ty Willingham on the Selection Committee? Admittedly my knowledge of the man is limited, but from what I can tell he is a terrible coach and a destroyer of programs. You might as well put Lane Kiffin on that committee.

ACoolT5 fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 16, 2014

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I'm glad Auburn didn't get to add it's name to the list of schools where stupid people have committed senseless violence. Even if shutting it down from bathroom warnings seems a bit over reactionary.

Has anyone actually carried out an attack after warning about it? Pretty sure that kind of violence goes unannounced for obvious reasons.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

There is so much avatar material in here.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

As rumored since the hybrid bowl/playoff system emerged, the Chick-fil-a Bowl is reverting its name to the Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl.

I still prefer "The Peach Bowl"..... presented by Chick fil A, but I'll take what I can get in the age of the Trojan Minis Bowl presented by The Phantom Menace in 3D.

Also, speaking of Atlanta, the new College Football Hall of Fame should be open by kickoff this fall. I'm pretty stoked about and will definitely be making a visit there before our game with West Virginia.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm partial to this one from VT/Nebraska '09. Even as a VT fan I'm not sure I've seen a team work their way backwards like this before and it ended up being crucial to the win, too.

Jesus Christ. Where is that hole that UGA dug themselves into like a year ago?

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Alouicious posted:

Bama's gonna be magical this year I can sense it in my sensin bones

9 wins. Max.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

All that's missing is the Rambling Wreck and your journey will be complete.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Kinda in line with BBQ chat: http://photos.al.com/alphotos/4558/gallery/nascar_fans_wrestle_in_barbecu/index.html#/0

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Goddamnit ESPN, stop ranking us #1 in this pre-season poo poo. Put Auburn up there for Christ's sake.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Korranus posted:

Naw, that's Mississippi.

The 50 to our 49. Thank God for Mississippi.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Anals of History posted:

Queers 1, Steers 0.

That's pretty much perfect.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Korranus posted:

Meanwhile, at FCS Austin Peay in Nashville...

Ahem. That's Clarksville, TN. But for real though, better it happen now than god forbid during a game.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
I was just going through my Youtube account for the first time in like 5 years and found I "liked" this beauty. God. drat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCu8n4eo63I

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Mike Leach just doesn't give a poo poo does he? I love it. I think the only thing that comes close to what he is joking about is that game where Spurrier alternated QBs every play.

Come to think of it, I would love to see Spurrier face off against Leach.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ1KCUij6_g

Jimbo giving a motivational speech to our softball team.

Dude makes me want to suit up :allears:

I like Jimbo, but man that guy has some Grade A rambling ability in him sometimes. Also, I like his point about "who don't care who our opponent is, they are faceless" which is immediately followed up by "I was hoping we were going to play Alabama!"

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Crotch Bat posted:

How do you have a frat at a school that big with a current membership of less than 10.

Alpha Phi Alpha is a black fraternity, so a small group isn't unheard of. On Alabama's campus we have small group housing for up and coming groups like that which can't afford a full blown mansion for their house.

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

Spiritus Nox posted:

Bama apparently desperate to find a non-con opponent for 2015.

It's not going to happen, but I really, really want Baylor to drop the game we have scheduled with Lamar and make this poo poo happen.

That would be so awesome, but Saban is such a goddamn tight rear end with home and home games though. I would be down as hell to go visit Baylor, but it'll probably be in loving Dallas or Atlanta again if it were to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Eh, claiming only '57 and '10 is pretty conservative far as these things go. I'm not gonna get hype about some numbers from history times going up on a banner, but if everyone else does this kind of poo poo, why not? I don't want Auburn to raise the bar on how ridiculous a claim can be but this is college football -- there's no point in holding some moral high ground. If we're talking to a recruit about tradition I'd rather just say "We've got five championships" instead of "Well we officially claim only two, but they're a nobler two than those other guys' championships."

You got a case for 1913 and 1983, no doubt about it. But 1993 is a little out there with the post-season ban in place.

• Locked thread