Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

A DOG THAT FUCKING LOVES WAFFLES

Everyone who cares about what they look like beyond what they got for free with a pre-order of Pressing Buttons Instead Of Actually Doing Something 2014 has some kind of fashion-related thing they lust after but for some reason can never get. It might have come out a long time ago, and is now impossible to find, or it might be really goddamn expensive (see: literally any Acronym stuff I'll invariably post) or even just relatively expensive if you're someone who likes looking good without spending a lot of money, or any number of totally 100% valid reasons for not spending your hard earned money on bits of overpriced cloth, leather, gore-tex, silk, whatever. We're not here to judge.

We may, however, be here to enable. Post what your dream things are, tell us why you can't (or at least shouldn't) get your hands on them, let us bask in the misery that is our common first world as gently caress problem. And who knows, if you're not looking to spend 400 on the hottest whatever maybe someone just saw one floating around for sale for half price and can point you in that direction. Alternatively, did you just knock something off your list and whatever the appropriate thread is isn't enough to satiate your posting lust? Post it here, and let the masses congratulate you on your achievement and/or mock you for your taste!

WAFFLEHOUND's current white (totally all-black) whales:

Acronym CH-J31

This thing is the most goddamn sexy softshell ever made, it's pretty much straight out of the future without looking like a lovely cosplay. It's also $1,200 and can literally go gently caress itself at those prices.

Y-3 Qasa Highs

Literally useless in any weather at all, and at full price go for $400. They're a pure fashion statement, and I tend to freeze my feet off in a slight breeze. I maybe, MAYBE, could justify them if I found them on a giant sale if they weren't totally worthless as actual shoes. Also they're super drat common in the techwear/techninja scene to the point of being overplayed. Still, I'd love to get my hands on a pair some day.

Visvim ecat ballistic messenger bag

Old season, and they don't come up for sale as frequently and they're still about 400 each. I've never got a chance to try one on for comfort and I'm not a big guy, so bags are kind of a finicky thing with me. They made a model with small hexagons all over it I love, and that I see even less.

Buzz Rickson x William Gibson M65 field jacket

I love M65s way way way too much, and I also love William Gibson way way way too much. Also black. Basically there's nothing about this that I don't like other than that I've literally never seen one in a size 36 for sale and being Buzz Ricksons I'm terrified of what it would cost.

I need more colour in my wardrobe.

WAFFLEHOUND fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2014 around 03:15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Pretty much anything by Yohji Yamamoto but this coat in particular:

However even on sale it costs more than 2 grand and its pretty hard to justify, especially in the middle of an Australian summer. Still, that is one sexy coat.

e: Acronym stuff is pretty sweet too, i'm getting more into the monochrome technical fabrics but those prices put it firmly out of my reach until I start make serious money.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2014 around 09:35

soft chair curves
Sep 24, 2004

Raf Simons ombre sweater - already sold out when I first saw it a year ago. There's also a tshirt version that I've never seen online.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

That picture makes it kind of hard to make out the actual coat.

KongGeorgeVII posted:

e: Acronym stuff is pretty sweet too, i'm getting more into the monochrome technical fabrics but those prices put it firmly out of my reach until I start make serious money.

Acronym stuff is amazing looking from what I've seen of it in person, it's unbelievably well made. That said, for the money you should take a look at Arc'teryx Veilance, their stuff is priced more reasonably and they also go on sale at the end of the season for up to 50% off which means you can actually get their shells for around 500 US if you're lucky and get in on the ground floor of a sale or happen to be one of the sizes they have left over at the end of the season. I'm an XS so I can never ever ever find their stuff on sale.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

Schott NYC 100th Anniversary 1776 Perfecto:

It's $2,000.00. Only 66 made. I don't even have a motorcycle but I want one of these to wear on July 4th and sweat my rear end off FOR AMERICA.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup

Nigel Cabourn Everest Parka

2700.00 on cabourn.com and it's out of stock on there anyway.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Brightened it up for you.

I love it for it's simplicity. The oversized cut, the single button and the way it drapes. It's my perfect coat.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Acronym stuff is amazing looking from what I've seen of it in person, it's unbelievably well made. That said, for the money you should take a look at Arc'teryx Veilance, their stuff is priced more reasonably and they also go on sale at the end of the season for up to 50% off which means you can actually get their shells for around 500 US if you're lucky and get in on the ground floor of a sale or happen to be one of the sizes they have left over at the end of the season. I'm an XS so I can never ever ever find their stuff on sale.

Veilance isn't in the same league, not even the same fuckin game if you have the Acronym itch. It'll always be "God drat, I wish I had that coat". Also because jacket sling.

And I still love my GT J28 so much I conned my friend into getting a J34-GT

Octopus Magic fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2014 around 16:30

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Sometimes it feels like cigar shell cordovan is actually unicorn leather. I'd be happy with pretty much any of the Alden boots in cigar, or ravello cordovan for that matter, but good luck ever finding a pair unless you pre-order two years in advance.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

Does wanting Gareth Pugh to do menswear that doesn't look like the spare costumes from an Edward Scissorhands sequel count?

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

This isn't absolutely unobtainable, but for me it is at the moment.

These, however, because of my large rear end feet, will forever be not-mine along with a shitload of other highquality footwear

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Those sure are cool pictures with zero information at all.

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy

In a perfect world my weekday wardrobe would be all geller and veilance, and my weekend wardrobe all silent and acronym.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

666 posted:

In a perfect world my weekday wardrobe would be all geller and veilance, and my weekend wardrobe all silent and acronym.

Surely in a perfect world you wouldn't have to compromise on the weekdays.

If I was a rich man it would be Yohji and Damir all day everyday.

e:

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Those sure are cool pictures with zero information at all.

According to reverse image search the jacket is Wings + Horns and the boots are Alden.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2014 around 11:52

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Brightened it up for you.

I love it for it's simplicity. The oversized cut, the single button and the way it drapes. It's my perfect coat.

This is such an awesome coat. I don't love it belted though but I assume you can leave it open like they are doing in your picture. Belting it takes away from the beautiful drape.
This just kind of looks less interesting:

My elephant would be these by Rick Owens:

They are just perfect in every way.

Saint Laurent makes a lot of similar shoes which I would also love but I can't afford those either

NotAnArtist
Feb 10, 2011

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you

This coat reminds me of another I saw somewhere online, by either Owen or Simons. It was simple as hell, black with black satin trim but long and meant to be collar-up and open. The price at two large means I'll never afford it on my current salary and were I able to it'd be too small anyhow. They're all white whales in those regards.

Avant designers like Yohji, Damir, Owen and Simons were the reasons I started learning to sew to build my own clothes.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Acronym stuff is amazing looking from what I've seen of it in person, it's unbelievably well made.
Eh, I don't think anyone constructs technical stuff better than dead bird (which is all the more :sadface: when they take all their toys to china). The acronym pieces I've seen (granted only half a dozen or so) were well made, but not as well patterned. Acro does tend to use more varied/expensive fabrics than Arc', because Arc' never spends more than goretex money on fabrics (Veillance might).

My white whales are mostly veilance pants from a couple seasons back, when Nachtigall still pretended Arc' knows how to make fitted pants.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at Jan 15, 2014 around 17:01

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

My white whales are mostly veilance pants from a couple seasons back, when Nachtigall still pretended Arc' knows how to make fitted pants.

What size? I was in their factory store on Sunday and they had a lot of the darker veilance pants left at 50% off. You'd probably need a goon local to Vancouver to go get them and ship them to you (I'm on Vancouver Island, so the 160 roundtrip ticket to drive to the mainland isn't worth it ) but it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than getting them normally. Also I ended up picking up a Veilance windbreaker at 50% off, it's unbelievably nice.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

34? depending on how they fit. I adore the way they look but haven't actually looked too much at biking functionality since I assumed they all got dispersed.

Mostly after the spec liminal and stealth.

Deffo give me a holla next time you make the trip doe.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

They had a pile of 33s left when I was there, which would probably fit. You'd need to try another Van goon though, I won't likely be making it there anytime soon, since if I do I'll end up spending way way way too much money on an M65.

Undercover ribbed seam denim

Goes for over a thousand and it's a strange style, I really like it though. I just don't thousand-dollar (or 700 on sale) like it.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

Edward Green Westminster in suede. $1,195 for something that spends all its time on the ground. Plus I don't support the leather industry anymore, so I'd have to get a used pair in 11.5 lol which is not ever happening ever.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Also I want dis:

[Sruli Recht] owns

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

Bear Witness

This Rick Owens DRKSHDW Island Shirt.

http://www.hervia.com/island-shirt-black-mineral-p11897

Really like how it looks, but for 380.00? Ugh, no. Hopefully I can find it a bit cheaper somewhere, at some point.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

GATOR BAIT, APE, BLUEGUM, BROWNIE, COON, CROW, CHIMP, DARKY, 8BALL, GABLE, GROID, JUNGLE BUNNY, KAFFER, NIGGER, NIGLET, PICKANINNY, PORCH MONKEY, SAMBO, SOOTY, SPOOK, CHUGGO, SPEARCHUCKER, THICK LIPS, WOG
YA GET ME???

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

These DBSS patchwork pants:

I've just never seen them for sale anywhere, nor any other pictures. Still kinda holding out hope that one day an I'll find a nearly new pair secondhand or something.

Also I suppose Julius leather. It looks awesome, but is generally out of my price range, and I'm probably in the range where a sz.2 will just be too baggy around the shoulders, while a sz.1 will be just a bit too constrained.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Excitedly bumping this thread to say that these are getting (mostly) re-released in FW14. All black or olive and white. Aww yisssssss

Of course, Kanye was recently seen wearing the newer model and now you can't find them anywhere because of loving sneakerheads.

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Y-3 Qasa Highs

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Excitedly bumping this thread to say that these are getting (mostly) re-released in FW14. All black or olive and white. Aww yisssssss

Of course, Kanye was recently seen wearing the newer model and now you can't find them anywhere because of loving sneakerheads.

Uuuurgh. Another thing I might have to cop. They are like a better version of roshe runs.

Got a spare $50,000

Thoren
May 28, 2008

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

It's dumb because otherwise nobody would have cared. Sneaker hype is the worst.

(I think the shoes look dumb either way.)

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Thoren posted:

(I think the shoes look dumb either way.)

Nah, they have been on a lot of people's lists ever since they came out. They are techninjas goto shoe of choice, although they will probably be even harder to get now that kanye is wearing them.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Why does Damir Doma show up so late in the season? I'm looking at this http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/swe...43194901rl.html Trying to decide if the proportions are right for me. Probably not, but where the heck is everything else? I'm sure that much more will come.. the store in paris hasn't started selling SS stuff yet.

Anyway, sneaker hype is lame. Buy something that you will want to wear years from now, and will actually look good when they are old.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Have you seen his (Doma's) stuff in person? I have a silent shirt I bought sight unseen and its stitching is puckering on the sleeve and the cotton got a hole in it within a wear. Maybe his mainline stuff is better but not really impressed.

Also gently caress Kanye.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

Octopus Magic posted:

Have you seen his (Doma's) stuff in person? I have a silent shirt I bought sight unseen and its stitching is puckering on the sleeve and the cotton got a hole in it within a wear. Maybe his mainline stuff is better but not really impressed.

Also gently caress Kanye.

I have plenty of Silent and Damir Doma and the quality is hit-and-miss. It is what you should expect from things made in Portugal from an independent designer. The newer items and Italian-made items are much better, though.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

A lovely cotton crop sleeve sweater for a grand? Sign me the gently caress up!

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I'd grab the all-blacks without a second thought.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at Feb 26, 2014 around 16:16

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Thoren posted:

That's what I was bitching about. I was hoping to grab a pair of the newer ones when they're on sale at the end of the season, but they're already sold out courtesy of Mr. loving West. I should have jumped on them last year when they were on sale still when I was waffling about it.

evil_bunnY posted:

A lovely cotton crop sleeve sweater for a grand? Sign me the gently caress up!

That should have been the thread name.

evil_bunnY posted:

I'd grab the all-blacks without a second thought.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

The new spring/summer ones are typical Y-3 loving up a good formula anyways (I don't know how they managed to make a hit despite being completely mediocre for season upon season). Plaster giant rear end Y-3 logos on it? Weird unneeded stripe hook? Plastic caging?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

GATOR BAIT, APE, BLUEGUM, BROWNIE, COON, CROW, CHIMP, DARKY, 8BALL, GABLE, GROID, JUNGLE BUNNY, KAFFER, NIGGER, NIGLET, PICKANINNY, PORCH MONKEY, SAMBO, SOOTY, SPOOK, CHUGGO, SPEARCHUCKER, THICK LIPS, WOG
YA GET ME???

They look like Jordans for high fashion wannabes who look down on streetwear.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Octopus Magic posted:

The new spring/summer ones are typical Y-3 loving up a good formula anyways (I don't know how they managed to make a hit despite being completely mediocre for season upon season). Plaster giant rear end Y-3 logos on it? Weird unneeded stripe hook? Plastic caging?

I think you answered your own question. I'm just going to be pissed if they jack the price a hundred bucks between fw13 and fw14. They also look like some of the best looking shoes that'd work in hot weather, since apparently they breathe really well

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

So where I do get my mitts on those?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

They look like Jordans for high fashion wannabes who look down on streetwear.

Nah.

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I think you answered your own question. I'm just going to be pissed if they jack the price a hundred bucks between fw13 and fw14. They also look like some of the best looking shoes that'd work in hot weather, since apparently they breathe really well

They'll probably make 10 of them then have 8,000 of their typical ugly other garbage shoes.

Like seriously who buys this poo poo?

There's gotta be a limit on the "More money than god" exchange student set that I see wearing these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

If you think there's a limit on money spent on ugly things you've never interacted with sneakerheads.

evil_bunnY posted:

So where I do get my mitts on those?

FW14, so they're not out yet. I'm going to try to preorder them if they're not priced the same as a used car.

«4 »