Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
wait I was randomly reading twitter and apparently bayonetta 2 is banned in lots of middle eastern countries? that's hilarious

and kinda sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

doesn't the awesome ghost live in kuwait or something? gonna need a trip report

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

cat doter posted:

wait I was randomly reading twitter and apparently bayonetta 2 is banned in lots of middle eastern countries? that's hilarious

and kinda sad

They ban everything cool so it makes sense

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Is SMTIV out in europe yet?

I don't want to look and spoil the surprise of it being delayed for another month/3 months/a year again

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

They ban everything cool so it makes sense

lots of feminist critics have been trying to figure out what the deal with bayonetta is since it's super confusing but middle eastern countries being terrified of bayonetta kinda cements how much she owns for me

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Lmao if u don't think giant 8 foot tall spider librarians r sexy as hell!!!!

Vvvv no but it's because Polygon are loving terrible and are trying to get clicks anyway possible since they're about to be Gamespotted.

Moongrave fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 24, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Did Bayo get a new personality or something, because I don't remember reviews being docked solely because of too much sexyness or whatever Polygon was trying to get across last generation.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Lmao if u don't think giant 8 foot tall spider librarians r sexy as hell!!!!

Vvvv no but it's because Polygon are loving terrible and are trying to get clicks anyway possible since they're about to be Gamespotted.

Gamespot got bought out and ran pretty well for years? That won't happen to Polygon, they will just shut down one day.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dr Suntory posted:

Gamespot got bought out and ran pretty well for years? That won't happen to Polygon, they will just shut down one day.

No as in the Gamespotting that happened recently where they gutted the staff because it was under performing. It's why they've started trying to "branch out from just gaming"

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Bayonetta always striked me as being a celebration of trashy, flamboyant femininity in the same way that drag queens are.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

It also helps that at the time bayo 1 came out polygon was just a twinkle in chris grant's jizz rag.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The PS4 controller: like a sexy boob when you're a teenager

Bayonetta: Evil and terrible

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

No as in the Gamespotting that happened recently where they gutted the staff because it was under performing. It's why they've started trying to "branch out from just gaming"

Oh, that. Didn't Polygon already fire a lot of their staff in spring? Especially feature writers ?(That one thing they said would set them apart from other sites)

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

The PS4 controller: like a sexy boob when you're a teenager

Bayonetta: Evil and terrible
Ben Kuchera has never touched a boob (not to mention two). they don't: glow; vibrate, have buttons, are made of hard plastic....

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dr Suntory posted:

Ben Kuchera has never touched a boob (not to mention two). they don't: glow; vibrate, have buttons, are made of hard plastic....

Uh, I don't know what kind of boobs you have in the past, but....

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Uh, I don't know what kind of boobs you have in the past, but....

:confused:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
Ain't nothing wrong with a pair of robot titties

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The way Jeff is playing City Connection is extremely triggering to me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dan likes the Doom movie, jesus christ man

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Captain Novolin posted:

Hatsune Miku isn't a robot u baka

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm just waiting for the verge and polygon staffs to merge and have 90% of their content just posted on both sites. They're already getting close.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

cat doter posted:

doesn't the awesome ghost live in kuwait or something? gonna need a trip report

I'm not Ghost, but I do live in Kuwait. I haven't checked with any of the stores recently, but it wouldn't surprise me if the game is actually banned.

That usually doesn't mean much, though. We've had banned games before, like God of War, Dante's Inferno (lol), and GTA V, but that doesn't stop certain stores selling them under the counter for inflated prices. IIRC they were selling GTA V for about $150.

It's easy to get through all this nowadays through digital stores, but it's still funny because I remember stores here selling Bayonetta 1 in the open for a couple of days. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Novolin posted:

Cyborg titties. Compromise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"GB San Francisco coming up. Dan and Jason kick off the next 24 hours."

What Dan are they talking about. Ryckert's gone.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

bayonetta is super fascinating to me because usually sexist bullshit in game is pretty cut and dry, you know, you look at dead or alive or something and it's like "ugh" but bayonetta just seems to confuse people

but then you read stuff like kamiya designing bayonetta specifically to be intimidating to people like him and gulf countries are like "nope" and arthur gies shits in our mouths and all the pieces start to fall into place

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I like these boobs' blue feet

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Cyborg titties. Compromise.

Giant Bomb Rising: WARNING! YOU'VE FINALLY FOUND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Tardzilla posted:

I'm not Ghost, but I do live in Kuwait. I haven't checked with any of the stores recently, but it wouldn't surprise me if the game is actually banned.

That usually doesn't mean much, though. We've had banned games before, like God of War, Dante's Inferno (lol), and GTA V, but that doesn't stop certain stores selling them under the counter for inflated prices. IIRC they were selling GTA V for about $150.

It's easy to get through all this nowadays through digital stores, but it's still funny because I remember stores here selling Bayonetta 1 in the open for a couple of days. :v:

yeah it's not super surprising, but I just find the narrative of "sexual aggressive female character deemed to scary for middle eastern countries" funny

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

cat doter posted:

yeah it's not super surprising, but I just find the narrative of "sexual aggressive female character deemed to scary for middle eastern countries" funny

TBF I'm sure Bayonetta would scare the bejesus out of one of the two major political parties and its constituents of the US if they knew about it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

cat doter posted:

bayonetta is super fascinating to me because usually sexist bullshit in game is pretty cut and dry, you know, you look at dead or alive or something and it's like "ugh" but bayonetta just seems to confuse people

but then you read stuff like kamiya designing bayonetta specifically to be intimidating to people like him and gulf countries are like "nope" and arthur gies shits in our mouths and all the pieces start to fall into place

It just seems to me that there's such a clear difference between what someone like Team Ninja is doing, which is specifically catering to fetishes, and what Platinum is doing, which is reveling in absurdity and kitsch. Both are overstepping societal boundaries to some degree, but one is gross and the other is hilarious. I don't know, I'm European and we have naked people on daytime TV all the time so fnord

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Indecisive posted:

The way Jeff is playing City Connection is extremely triggering to me

Stop jumping on the edges aaaahhhhhhhhh

Yeah glad I'm not the only crazy one.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
In NZ we have elves so we're used to very tall women with magic powers

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

TBF I'm sure Bayonetta would scare the bejesus out of one of the two major political parties and its constituents of the US if they knew about it.

and then I'd laugh even louder

Hakkesshu posted:

It just seems to me that there's such a clear difference between what someone like Team Ninja is doing, which is specifically catering to fetishes, and what Platinum is doing, which is reveling in absurdity and kitsch. Both are overstepping societal boundaries to some degree, but one is gross and the other is hilarious. I don't know, I'm European and we have naked people on daytime TV all the time so fnord

the big and probably most important difference between bayonetta and team ninja poo poo is stuff like agency imo, bayonetta is almost always in control of what she's revealing and while it's definitely played for laughs in spots (because it's pretty funny) she's like the kitschy ideal of the empowered woman and it's both hilarious and great

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

cat doter posted:

and then I'd laugh even louder

the big and probably most important difference between bayonetta and team ninja poo poo is stuff like agency imo, bayonetta is almost always in control of what she's revealing and while it's definitely played for laughs in spots (because it's pretty funny) she's like the kitschy ideal of the empowered woman and it's both hilarious and great

Also the dude in Bayonetta 1 is constantly shown as a love-struck dumbass who couldn't find his rear end with his elbow while every single woman in the game, including the little kid, knows exactly what's happening at all times.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Yeah but reasons why she's a bad female character

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Also the dude in Bayonetta 1 is constantly shown as a love-struck dumbass who couldn't find his rear end with his elbow while every single woman in the game, including the little kid, knows exactly what's happening at all times.

that dude is me irl

it's me i'm the cheshire puss :smith:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Overbite posted:

Yeah but reasons why she's a bad female character

get out of here arthur gies the adults are talking

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Tae posted:

Dan likes the Doom movie, jesus christ man

The Doom movie is totally a Dan movie

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Bayonetta has no idea what's really going on for the vast majority of the game. No one really does besides Balder, a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Real-talk: I've read a lot of discussion about Bayo as a character in SA, and I think that some people find her objectionable mainly because they're somewhat prudish. Which is fine! Because even now, I think she's a pretty cool character and a hilarious take on hyper-sexuality, but I still find myself occasionally embarrassed or whatever. I guess my Catholic upbringing is deeper-set than I thought.

• Locked thread