Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Jack's Box can legally only charge a dollar for their burgers since you could die eating one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
You're better off negotiating with a theater to watch the first 25 minutes of Fury Road for a dollar.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I do not think Alpha Protocol is a very good game, but it's still worth a dollar because there's some legit cool stuff that it does and that's worth seeing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Alpha Protocol is a cool bad game.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The conversation timer in alpha protocol is great and more RPGs should use it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Biggest human being Ever posted:

The Witcher 3 does!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Bahahaha. Witcher 3 can be loving hilarious at times. This priest tried to to kill me after I refused to take his bribe. He's like "Three against one, we should be fine, witcher or not." And then in my first swing I cut the fucker in half.

Also, holy gently caress the faces in this game are probably the most amazingly expressive faces I've seen.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Totally, it makes conversations sound natural instead of the usual
"Shepard"
- "Wrex"

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The Witcher 3 does!

Yeah but only in really critical moments, I think I've only seen 3 so far in about 20 hours of play.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The Witcher 3 does!

It also has a protagonist with a pre defined and thus voice acted full name, another great thing ap did

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

It also has a protagonist with a pre defined and thus voice acted full name, another great thing ap did

One of the best things about Geralt is he is so loving sick of everyone's poo poo and it feels so drat good to tell questgivers to gently caress off.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

The great debate is still on-going!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I can't seem to get a handle on the combat in the witcher 3, I either do very well or get completely wrecked

I'm usually pretty good at these sorts of games too, kind of a bummer

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

u fuckers are making me want a burger

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
anyone give that new 3DS Puzzle & Dragons a shot? they seemed real up on it in the QL but the reviews make it sound overly easy and not worth the price tag

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

abraham linksys posted:

anyone give that new 3DS Puzzle & Dragons a shot? they seemed real up on it in the QL but the reviews make it sound overly easy and not worth the price tag

I've heard it is pretty easy compared to some of the end-game stuff from the phone game.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I've been playing it for four hours it rules

Also the endgame phone stuff is less hard then it is an insane grind that will boardfuck you constantly, and all the freemium barriers they've removed or changed makes it less of a grindy, burnout inducing ragefest

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

cat doter posted:

I can't seem to get a handle on the combat in the witcher 3, I either do very well or get completely wrecked

I'm usually pretty good at these sorts of games too, kind of a bummer

It's because it's not a very good game. Sorry Gamespot/Giantbomb lied to you. :(

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Holy Cheese posted:

It's because it's not a very good game. Sorry Gamespot/Giantbomb lied to you. :(

those scoundrels, hashtag witchergate

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I kind of want to buy a 3ds. Someone convince me not to.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Mordiceius posted:

Buy a 3DS and PADZ

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

It's the best current console on the market.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Mordiceius posted:

One of the best things about Geralt is he is so loving sick of everyone's poo poo and it feels so drat good to tell questgivers to gently caress off.

I love how the Witcher lore just sort of solves the Elder Scrolls "You're literally the greatest wizard on the continent but you still do poo poo jobs for local mob bosses and no one knows who you are" problem by making it canon that going around doing jobs is just what Witchers do. It lets you be this super famous dude that NPCs react to while still being a small enough guy that they don't feel bad asking you to do some job. Plus you're a weird mutant so most people hate you and are dicks, giving Geralt a reason to be an rear end in a top hat right back at them.

Also I killed a wyvern that was 6 levels higher than me and could two-shot me today. It took like 15 minutes and I almost died when he was on his last invisible pixel of health because Quen ran out a split second before I got hit and almost gave me a heart attack. Game's pretty good...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mordiceius posted:

Pad z rules hard

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

Pad z rules hard

Yeah, after my really bad addiction to it on iOS, I'm really craving to play it again.

For the new 3ds, doesn't it not come with a power adapter? So I'd have to drop another $20 on that?

Also, 3ds pad question: does it have a tutorial with a free egg spin that can give you any creature (like on iOS)? Also, is it a 100% offline game or is there any online functionality? Will there be godfests?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Pad z is a straight up Pokemon style rpg on 3ds

There's 0 premium transactions, none, there's no egg machine and no rolling

There are no godfests because it looks like gods now come as evolutions of weaker monsters; I literally found whatever evolves into Horus about an hour or so into the game

Monster skills don't have cool downs and instead use a generic skill points bar you accumulate from matches, which accumulates faster the higher number of combos you attain, it's an interesting if different system

So far the only god I know 100% is in there is Horus I haven't seen any others

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It's 100% offline I dunno if you can even send yourself as a helper over wifi to other dudes because as far as I can tell it only has streetpass

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
"Urgh, a mask will do, right? I won't need a... Doublet or anything?"

"Yes, A doublet, Geralt"

*geralt gets a super hangdog look and slouches forward*

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/the-giant-beastcast-episode-0/1600-1217/

2 hours and 14 minutes of The Giant Beastcast is here!

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

beastcast says: have a kid!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

the beastcast is good, I like the c.net guy

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

What the hell is the bitrate on the beastcast, 182mb for 2 hours.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I added the RSS feed for it to itunes(yes I know itunes is bad) but only the mic check one shows up. Will it update in a little bit to have the first episode, or what, is it because it's a premium thing? Never had a premium podcast in itunes before so I'm not sure if it messes up somehow.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

it takes a while to show up on itunes because itunes sucks

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

jeff bakalar is scatterbrained in a fun way and his love for vinny warms my heart.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

cat doter posted:

it takes a while to show up on itunes because itunes sucks

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Sendo posted:

192kbps CBR/44hz

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I added the RSS feed for it to itunes(yes I know itunes is bad) but only the mic check one shows up. Will it update in a little bit to have the first episode, or what, is it because it's a premium thing? Never had a premium podcast in itunes before so I'm not sure if it messes up somehow.

The file name doesn't have an MP3 extension so iTunes and the Podcasts app can't play it anyway.

Also they're continuing the trend of putting the show notes in a place that's completely invisible to both podcast apps and RSS feeds.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

pseudorandom name posted:

The file name doesn't have an MP3 extension so iTunes and the Podcasts app can't play it anyway.

Also they're continuing the trend of putting the show notes in a place that's completely invisible to both podcast apps and RSS feeds.

Nah it downloaded and works, they fixed it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Sendo posted:

Lossless Vinny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I added the feed from the website for the premium Beastcast feed and the Mic Check is still the only episode up. Looks like I'ma have to sub to both feeds for now.

edit: oh this is going to be a case where they only upload to the premium feed when they have an advertiser, isn't it. I really hate the way GB handles their podcast feeds. I've sad it before but a premium member should have an option to get one feed for everything the website puts up if they want it. At worst I shouldn't have to sub to both feeds to make sure I get the podcast every week. Why not upload it to the premium side whether or not there is an advertiser?

edit 2: \/\/\/ or maybe that. i'll check it out. \/\/\/

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 22, 2015

• Locked thread