Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

ImPureAwesome posted:

I had leukemia 3 years ago and the stem cell transplant that I got to basically give me someone else's nonbroke blood cells which didn't even exist 5 years before. It allowed me to finish my degree instead of getting periodic kemo for years with a much higher chance of a relapse. Cancer research is cool :)

Yay, and gently caress Bush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Mutation posted:

Yay, and gently caress Bush.

Basically.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
gently caress it let's just make a charity that researches putting my consciousness into a sweet robot body. 100% effectiveness at curing diseases. Heck yea

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back

ImPureAwesome posted:

I had leukemia 3 years ago and the stem cell transplant that I got to basically give me someone else's nonbroke blood cells which didn't even exist 5 years before. It allowed me to finish my degree instead of getting periodic kemo for years with a much higher chance of a relapse. Cancer research is cool :)
I agree, it's very cool.

Beastcast was great this week. I love all the little editing things Vinny did, I hope he does more of them in the future.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Enjoy your prolonged detour to Hell you dirty heathen :colbert:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Doom 3 (with sikkmod and all the texture mods) still holds up I think. It's not as good as Doom 1 and 2 and you still only fight 3-4 enemies at a time in a linear corridor romp but it's better than most current FPS games. And also it looks nice.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Dezinus posted:

gently caress it let's just make a charity that researches putting my consciousness into a sweet robot body. 100% effectiveness at curing diseases. Heck yea

until you get a computer virus!!!!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'll be first in line to get robot eyes and robot shoulders. Let's donate to the singularity.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Captain Novolin posted:

Cyber diseases sound way worse.

But in all honestly probably sound way cooler and have names like NINEball or red ice.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

am i the only one here that freakin thinks that gaming is better than curing cancer or supporting the families of its victims

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Mu Zeta posted:

I'll be first in line to get robot eyes and robot shoulders. Let's donate to the singularity.

Hopefully they look like this.

I'll skip the robot shoulders and just rock some sweet removable metal pauldrons or something.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back

Hashy posted:

am i the only one here that freakin thinks that gaming is better than curing cancer or supporting the families of its victims
Yes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hashy posted:

Get cancer and find out

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Delsaber posted:

Hopefully they look like this.

I'll skip the robot shoulders and just rock some sweet removable metal pauldrons or something.

still don't trust eyes that are connected to the internet and poo poo like that, or anyone who has them

walking cctv cameras

it is me, i am the anti-aug campaign

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Tae posted:

Get cancer and find out

We are all gamers here

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Hashy posted:

We are all gamers here

Ewwwwwww....

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hashy posted:

Yup!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
my brother had leukaemia but he lived, but he's schizophrenic and refusing treatment now so you know, easy come easy go

understandably my attitude toward both cancer and mental illness is pretty negative

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Cancer is the best

trinket in The Binding of Isaac

(actually, it's Curved Horn)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I'm no cancer scientist or anything but playing games is probably a lot more fun than doing science stuff.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a new manga in town, Shiori Experience, and it's about a 27-year-old schoolteacher in Japan who, after someone makes a devil's pact for killer guitar skills, she is mistakenly targeted by the pact and haunted by the ghost of Jimi Hendrix. The terms of the contract: if she does not become a guitar legend before she turns older than 27, she will join The 27 Club. It's a pretty awesome series with great art so far with a handful of chapters out.

I really hope this series gets an anime adaptation, but I feel like music licensing issues would prevent it from ever happening.

Hat Thoughts posted:

He hasn't been rude recently
Passive-aggressiveness is almost worse than what he used to be.

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Don't be a dick in the Giant Bomb thread.

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Because not being dick in the Giant Bomb thread is the #1 rule.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Captain Novolin posted:

poo poo I went to the wrong Euro Truck Simulator 14 mod site and now I can only see and black and white and I keep getting popups in my eyeballs asking me to send a ransom to a bitcoin address to get colors back, this sucks

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

randombattle posted:

I'm no cancer scientist or anything but playing games is probably a lot more fun than doing science stuff.

Games are fun, but non-games can be more satisfying and fun when there's some more emotion or impact.

Or find a way to do both at once :getin:

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Studio posted:

Games are fun, but non-games can be more satisfying and fun when there's some more emotion or impact.

Or find a way to do both at once :getin:

Gamifying cancer research sounds like an excellent startup. CANCR for those without the drive to advance modern medical miracles.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I hope everyone gets cancer so that the earth will finally be free of the REAL cancer: humanity.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Captain Internet posted:

Gamifying cancer research sounds like an excellent startup. CANCR for those without the drive to advance modern medical miracles.

Wasn't there something like SETI@HOME but for cancer or something? I remember I used to run something like that on my computer.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

TheJoker138 posted:

I hope everyone gets cancer so that the earth will finally be free of the REAL cancer: humanity.

These are the type of A+ posts that keep me coming back.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mordiceius posted:

Wasn't there something like SETI@HOME but for cancer or something? I remember I used to run something like that on my computer.

Every person that used to do Folding and Seti at home switched to mining Bitcoins.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Every person that used to do Folding and Seti at home switched to mining Bitcoins.

This is an extremely depressing sentence.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

This is an extremely depressing sentence.

Sony shutting the ps3 apps down didn't help.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm not sure getting video games for sick kids is a better use of money than getting food and water and basic medical care for kids in places like Syria.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Human posted:

There's some kind of joke about your username in here, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm not sure getting video games for sick kids is a better use of money than getting food and water and basic medical care for kids in places like Syria.

thanks for the tip....... NOT

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Human posted:

Humans...they...they spread just like cancer...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

Neither is any of the bullshit you spend your time and money on but we all get by somehow

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Captain Invictus posted:

Humans...they...they spread just like cancer...

Now post one of plaid button downs in SF.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

What if we gave video games to children to kids in Syria? Who needs food when you have Persona 4.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
charity is a lovely bandaid solution to problems that require great wealth and power to fix, once again it's a case of the wealthy putting the onus on fixing the problem on the middle class rather than the other way round

imagine if every billionaire was like bill gates, dude has practically spent all his fortune on charity works and has done a loving shitload of good stuff

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well there's that saudi prince guy who just donated 32 billion to charity, but yeah, we know Dote Cater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Captain Invictus posted:

Well there's that saudi prince guy who just donated 32 billion to charity, but yeah, we know Dote Cater

Red Cross managed to build 6 homes in 5 years with 500 million, so by those numbers, that guy just bought 64 houses in Haiti!

• Locked thread