Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

That, or MusicBrainzPicard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Using it for tagging, Filebot for renaming, and then folder structure is manual.

I just went for it and am now totally done, adding everything back to iTunes and to Plex. Feels good, man.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
this typoman quick look is very good if you want to hear alex talk about grabbing the d and being on drugs

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

I'm sure that was fun to move. I wonder what their new space will look like.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm guessing it will look the same since it's the same furniture and equipment.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I wish anno would stop going into the future. I just can't deal will all the sci-fi tech abstractions. I enjoyed that game far more when I was raising bees to make candles that I could trade for date seeds.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I wish steam could take all that curation they've been doing and present to me a list of sale games, but like without the game steam knows i won't like

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

GNU Order posted:

I wish steam could take all that curation they've been doing and present to me a list of sale games, but like without the game steam knows i won't like

It's so typical of Valve and part of the reason why I don't think this is an especially great sale. They have some curation tools and recommendation algorithms but they're just stuff they threw out there into the public and never really iterated on. Same with this sale, it feels like there's never any thought to what they do. They have so much data they could build a loving crazy good recommendation system but instead it's like I DUNNO YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS IT'S ON SALE OH YOU VIEWED AN ANIME GAME HERE'S MORE ANIME GAMES

It feels like they have trouble focusing on a single task and instead bounce around between whatever holds their fancy. Given what we know about their structure, wouldn't surprise me if that's actually what happens.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Steam should have a system beyond reviews for rating games you've played that goes into the data they have for recommendations. Like after you've played a game for 5 hours it should ask you what you think so far on a scale of 1-5, and then after another 5 it should ask again, and so on until you mark you've beaten it and give it your final score. Then it should use those scores for recommendations. And it shouldn't recommend stuff based on games you bought but never played.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I don't like that there's 8000+ games on sale and no good way to browse them.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I've been waiting to snipe a few CK2 and EUIV expansions, so I'm glad to see that those are of course on sale, other than that I'm not too interested in this sale.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I don't like that it will happily recommend you super low rated trash just because it's in the same vague genres as the literal last game you played, and also how saying you're not interested in games does nothing to filter games in the same series or type away. I've had to 'not interested' so many f2p MMOs it's ridiculous.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Overbite posted:

I don't like that there's 8000+ games on sale and no good way to browse them.

I think the idea is you go through their game recommendation queue but a lot of that is "here I dunno maybe you'll like this cause it's popular"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

At this point I just maintain and curate a wishlist, and unless someone recommends something or something catches my eye I shop almost exclusively from it on sales. And I still follow my "50% off or <$10" rule. Keeps it cheap but still steady.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2102

This seems like a pretty good deal though

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

https://steamdb.info/sales/#sales-section-autumnsale This is kinda useful but it just gives you a dump of games that you can sort

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Miley Virus posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2102

This seems like a pretty good deal though

Have you not played any of these? If so then definitely go for it. It's so weird that they never put up more of their adventure games though, especially after the big Star Wars blowout.

I think that version of Loom is one of the crappy ones (the various versions of that game are dumb to sort through), but Fate of Atlantis and The Dig are both top class adventure games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Does anyone know which Bombcast has the "pro-meth" e-mail that Jeff mentioned this week?

Also gently caress, I kind of want to play the Dig, I only played the demo that came with some other LucasArts adventure

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I bought KOTOR 2 with the money I got from selling cards. Game is super old but the framerate is all over the place. I know they did a big patch to fix things but I guess they didn't fix that!

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Have you not played any of these? If so then definitely go for it. It's so weird that they never put up more of their adventure games though, especially after the big Star Wars blowout.

I think that version of Loom is one of the crappy ones (the various versions of that game are dumb to sort through), but Fate of Atlantis and The Dig are both top class adventure games.

Yeah, haven't played any of those. My Lucas adventure history is fairly spotty. I've done Sam & Max, Monkey Island 1 & 2 and Grim Fandango but there's some real big holes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Loom is probably one of my favorite adventure games of all time; that should have been on that bracket

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Overbite posted:

I bought KOTOR 2 with the money I got from selling cards. Game is super old but the framerate is all over the place. I know they did a big patch to fix things but I guess they didn't fix that!

I find in older games sometimes if they run like poo poo you just force them to run on a single core

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I wish steam could look inside my brain and tell me exactly what child's toy I should buy!

:grin:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I wish steam could look inside my brain and tell me exactly what child's toy I should buy!

I mean, every other internet company can do it

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

:cabot:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Miley Virus posted:

I mean, every other internet company can do it

The Sony and Microsoft stores are even worse with their recommended for you sections

Once on PSN, mine suggested a 404 page, listed in the suggestion box!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

sony seems to think I'd really dig call of duty black ops 3

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This 'Recommended For You' button seems about a dozen times more useful than anything I've seen on steam before. The stuff in the scroll are all things I'm vaguely interested in and it's got my wishlist right there, and somehow the tags at the very bottom actually correspond to what I would want to play.

I wish the DLC carousel was a lot bigger. That seems like something that should be a thing and I hadn't even realized I wanted it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

The Sony and Microsoft stores are even worse with their recommended for you sections

yeah, they were recommending that you get lost

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

:drat:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

absolutely anything posted:

Witty retort not found

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I just bought Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis after it had been sitting on my wishlist for 2 years. The intro for that game is fantastic, let me tell you. I just finished Dropsy so I guess I was in the mood for some point and click.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Well, you already have Destiny, so you'll never need another game. Sony knew that.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Mary Kish is gonna be on twitch playing Soma. It's on the misscliks channel.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

the new hit chef game where you play as Main Manu who knows all the...recipes

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I am looking through this steam sale and picking up random strategy games because I like strat. Bought Anno 1404, Patrician IV (gonna edit the game so battles take 2 seconds), Banished which I always intended to playe and stuff like that. But boy is Steam's algorithm dumb. It has got some real weird stuff listed under strategy, like Assassin's Creed games.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

More like todd wrong.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Another Person posted:

I am looking through this steam sale and picking up random strategy games because I like strat. Bought Anno 1404, Patrician IV (gonna edit the game so battles take 2 seconds), Banished which I always intended to playe and stuff like that. But boy is Steam's algorithm dumb. It has got some real weird stuff listed under strategy, like Assassin's Creed games.

The "Specials from your wishlist" category just pulls in random games from your wishlist regardless of if they're actually on sale or even if you can buy it. It's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

VR Native American posted:

Mary Kish is gonna be on twitch playing Soma. It's on the misscliks channel.

Watching her play Until Dan was a lot of fun. If this is going to be part of GOTY discussion, I guess I should check it out!

Another Person posted:

Technically tower defense and management missions are strategy!

• Locked thread