Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The only think I remember about Digimon is that one of them turns into a Valkyrie bondage woman or something as one of her forms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What the gently caress, there are lasers in the Witness

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Any game is better if it has lasers in it

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

do you redirect the lasers through windows into colour-coded holes to open laser doors

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

gently caress, I figured out that puzzle before Mary solved it and it felt good, maybe I should buy the Witness

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

speaking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OTfVFgsM-8

I was stuck on this puzzle for a while and accidentally stumbled upon this solution

gehenna's really good. it's honestly not amazingly difficult but most of the puzzles are like C-level hard. Most of them have some unique quirk that you wouldn't see in the base game which is cool.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

gently caress, I figured out that puzzle before Mary solved it and it felt good, maybe I should buy the Witness

It's a very good game.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Speaking of, I started playing the Witness recently while waiting for XCom2 to get patched and that game is just not drawing me in at all. Most of the puzzles range from good to legitimately clever and only a few have been frustrating for a reason other than difficulty, but the lack of any real hints towards what the hell is going on or why you're on this island means I'm doing most of the puzzles just to do them. And while they're fun, at a certain point I just get bored and go do something else. Hoping some more interesting stuff starts happening soon because the handful of audio logs I found so far were pretty bad. The one on top of the laser mountain that goes on for like 5 solid minutes was insufferably pretentious. Should've just played an audio recording of Carl Sagan's pale blue dot and gotten the same message across in a more interesting way and half the time.

Still liking the game overall and still gonna keep playing it, but just am not seeing where all the "easy GOTY contender" talk about it is coming from. Maybe it's because I just played Talos Principle like a month and a half ago so I'm still expecting the Witness to be more like that.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Let me tell you about Mechwarrior Online...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
https://twitter.com/beaglerush/status/697646473161256961

e: Did tweet embedding break or something?

e2: Nope just forums being weird.

VDay fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 11, 2016

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The only audio log I liked was the one talking about how fast the earth was moving.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mary Kish is now watching a Tarkovsky film, this is loving amazing

Edit: And James Burke is my homeboy, I think this has definitely convinced me to get this game. After I beat XCOM2. And Rise of the Tomb Raider. And Legacy of the Void. But definitely before Witcher 3

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 11, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rodyle posted:

There is someone out there who knows Digimon lore, but it's not me.

Oh you wanna learn about digimon lore? Well, let me introduce you to this guy I know, Clawshrimpy

He also goes by "oxxidation", I think?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
oxxidation hasn't posted in here in a while. he didn't die did he toxx?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

As far as I know he's busy debating the merits of various robot animes, another person

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The difference between GB and Gamespot's management can be summed up thusly:

Jeff: "Nah, we don't want a flag in Rocket League, seems kinda like a weird conflict of interest?"

Gamespot: "HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER PUT THAT poo poo IN WE NEED THE EXPOSURE OH GOD PLEASE HELP US"

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The difference between GB and Gamespot's management can be summed up thusly:

Jeff: "Nah, we don't want a flag in Rocket League, seems kinda like a weird conflict of interest?"

Gamespot: "HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER PUT THAT poo poo IN WE NEED THE EXPOSURE OH GOD PLEASE HELP US"

yeah but we have a flag too

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ruggington posted:

SA isn't a video game review website

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

THEN AGAIN NEITHER IS GAMESPOT NOW BOOOOOOOOM

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Ruggington posted:

membership is down and lowtax has two kids to put through college

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

A Lamer posted:

membership is down and lowtax has two kids to put through college

i'd probably try to send my kids to college, not put them through it. putting your kids through buildings sounds painful.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Another Person posted:

i'd probably try to send my kids to college, not put them through it. putting your kids through buildings sounds painful.

that's assuming your kids don't die from embarrassment from jokes like these

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

There are game reviews on the front page also I published a review in this very thread and it's paid serious dividends financially

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
what's game kiwi's ethics policy

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

abraham linksys posted:

1. gently caress bitches get paper
2. The entirety of the Big Beat Manifesto

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

what's better Big Beat or New Beat

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

GNU Order posted:

1. gently caress bitches get paper
2. The entirety of the Big Beat Manifesto

just looked this up and gently caress I really need to watch Peep Show

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

i give your game 10.0 ratings before ever unwrapping the game case if you take me out to dinner and fellate my ego

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

abraham linksys posted:

just looked this up and gently caress I really need to watch Peep Show

It is very good but it can get painfully uncomfortable to watch, especially if social awkwardness makes you squirm

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Fawf posted:

that's assuming your kids don't die from embarrassment from jokes like these

please don't poke fun at me like that, my kid actually did die from one of my jokes. i have a very infectious sense of humour like that.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
It was founded on the premise of getting free games, so

I can't speak for the current CEO but I will shill for cash gladly. I don't care I have bills to pay.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

GNU Order posted:

It is very good but it can get painfully uncomfortable to watch, especially if social awkwardness makes you squirm

this is why I haven't watched it yet (I can't even handle The Office) but I love Mitchell & Webb enough I think I could power through it

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

abraham linksys posted:

this is why I haven't watched it yet (I can't even handle The Office) but I love Mitchell & Webb enough I think I could power through it

Definitely pace yourself, then. Its way worse than The Office

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
That goes for anyone and anything. If you pay me I will talk positively about anyone. My pile of poo poo car needs a registration soon.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Videogame.cool needs to get on Metacritic if we want to start getting free copies of games.

I was also told you guys were going to put me up in a hotel to cover E3 kiwi-style, is that still happening?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Yeah sure just go there and don't check in, just walk in with a group of people (you'll know who they are) then we got you a nice rooftop hotel room! But bring a tent.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

GNU Order posted:

Videogame.cool needs to get on Metacritic if we want to start getting free copies of games.

I was also told you guys were going to put me up in a hotel to cover E3 kiwi-style, is that still happening?

we got you a pass and everything, you will be on the front row of the ubisoft presentation sat next to steampunk rear end creed man.

the condition of getting that pass is that you need to refer to all conferences as 'pressers' henceforth and you must also wear only plaid shirts, boring dad jeans when on the show floor.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

my friend who lives in LA went to E3 last year by borrowing someone else's pass but he got kicked out when he got to some checkpoint where they actually looked at the photo on the pass and noticed it wasn't him lol

he got to play Street Fighter 5 which was all he wanted so it worked out for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Another Person posted:

we got you a pass and everything, you will be on the front row of the ubisoft presentation sat next to steampunk rear end creed man.

the condition of getting that pass is that you need to refer to all conferences as 'pressers' henceforth and you must also wear only plaid shirts, boring dad jeans when on the show floor.

Cool yea I will be wearing my normal outfit sure.

Get ready world Game Kiwi is coming to break up the old boys club and offer our skewed take on the hot titles of the season

• Locked thread