Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
fiyur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

*in a very waluigi voice*

FIAR

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-aEswCyZIgU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

i havent watched any box maker stuff other than hearing jeff describe it on the bombcast but it sounds like mario maker except priced appropriately

yeah sure that's what it is

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Rodyle posted:

yeah sure that's what it is

tbh abe wouldn't be able to tell the difference

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Dezinus posted:

The Turing Test? that's a recent one, anyway

Swagger Dagger posted:

The one where you wander around the space station or whatever and talk to the computer is Event[0]

http://store.steampowered.com/app/470260/

poo poo, thanks, it was Event[0]. I actually got it mixed up with The Turing Test in my head (since they talked about that recently too).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hace posted:

tbh abe wouldn't be able to tell the difference

If Super Mario World has "terrible controls", what would the reaction to Box Maker's be

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
unfinished watch dogs 2 aka IT AIN'T ME

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Considering Dan's conversation topics on the past couple podcasts, it really is fitting that the first thing he does in his San Francisco power fantasy is to get the cops to arrest a homeless person

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dan called the cops over some people doing some burning man bullshit at the beach.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The homeless woman was also a military veteran, Dan Ryckert Hates the Troops

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
He also put out a gang hit on someone.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Goddamn, following Drew's guide for setting up an emulator tablet has been annoying as hell (but not at all because of Drew). Maybe it's just me, but RetroArch still seems to be half-garbage??? The configuration seems almost entirely undocumented, so there are tons of settings whose functionality seems to be explained nowhere. I mean it works, but not nearly well enough for me to like using it, and it doesn't give me what I need to make it that. And I haven't even tried messing with the actual graphics settings (also poorly documented) to try to get the games looking nice (and free of graphical glitches).

(EDIT: I Just realized the loving thing messed up downloading the thumbnails for most of the systems. Apparently this doesn't work right unless you have 4GB of ram lol)

The other annoyance is the 8bitdo SNES controller---it doesn't loving work right with Windows 10 (at least if you are using the most up to date stuff, and using the Microsoft bluetooth stack). If the controller is turned off or goes to sleep, it won't reconnect. You either have to restart Windows or unpair/repair to get it to work again. After a downgrading mulitple times, I *think* I got it sorta working (reconnecting takes multiple attempts, if it works). Incidentally, the downgrades removed all of their "fixes" to autoconnect mode and stability. I know from first hand experience that building Bluetooth peripherals that work across multiple device types (especially Android and iOS) can be tricky since loving Apple arbitrarily ignores and fucks with the conventions of Bluetooth (without actually breaking the spec). Still, this thing is kind of a piece of poo poo, but there aren't many comparable options out there.

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 25, 2016

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
There are tons of functions of retroarch you never really have engage in, what are you having trouble with?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ2LQDVp5rc

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I couldn't sit through the new Destiny QL because it was so boring that even Jeff and Dan couldn't think of anything to say about it. How did that get in the top 10 list again? Oh right.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jeff comes to the conclusion that he still likes the gameplay of Destiny, especially how the shooting feels, and will raid if his friends are raid-ready in the near future.

You also missed crucial Dan lore that he likes the "taste of caffeine". (I think he has mentioned candy or soda in literally every item he's in that's currently on the frontpage)

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Hace posted:

There are tons of functions of retroarch you never really have engage in, what are you having trouble with?

Since you ask, here are the first things that come to mind:

1.What do *any* of the settings under User Interface do? (ok, I know what Desktop Composition is, but idk why one would disable it here)

2. How do the overlay settings work? There is an overlay present AND a keyboard overlay preset, and I can't really figure out how they are supposed to interact

3. In the Core settings, what is HW Shared Context? What about Dummy On Core Shutdown?

4. I haven't even really looked at the video settings yet, but the first thing that sticks out is the filter option. Are the filters not implemented as shaders? If not, any idea if an NTSC filter would have a greater or lesser performance impact than an NTSC shader preset?

Lastly, this may or may not be related to (1), but is there any way to launch RetroArch such that the GUI doesn't close when launching a core? Or something else so that it doesnt temporarily fall out to the desktop when launching or closing a core? It's not a big deal, but it really makes this seem jankier than I'd like (I had kind of wanted to set this up for other people to play, so I had hoped to make it look slightly more professional).

Thanks in advance

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4BKHue7zI

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
don't worry dude I went through the same thing with retroarch it's a pain in the goddamn rear end to set up, but once it's all configured and working it's kind of brilliant

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Evil Benius posted:

My vote is for Allan McLeod from You're the Worst.

Oh my god yes

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

You're the worst is a really good underrated show

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sunday Funday is my favorite

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.

Evil Benius posted:

What food was it this week that someone mentioned and Dan said "I love X, it is a great jelly belly flavour!"

I think it was pears.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You also missed crucial Dan lore that he likes the "taste of caffeine". (I think he has mentioned candy or soda in literally every item he's in that's currently on the frontpage)

"You can eat caffeine!?!"

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

I couldn't sit through the new Destiny QL because it was so boring that even Jeff and Dan couldn't think of anything to say about it. How did that get in the top 10 list again? Oh right.

Destiny isn't a bad game anymore sorry.

(also, I have no idea why you'd expect this Destiny QL to be any good when Jeff admits at the start that he hasn't touched Destiny since that stream of King's Fall)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am pretty sure they did the QL purely to troll Brad

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

gently caress

I will never know

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Should someone tell Dan that nobody intends to play any more of the Mario Party games and they're just running out the clock on him?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Arbite posted:

Should someone tell Dan that nobody intends to play any more of the Mario Party games and they're just running out the clock on him?

Unless they're planning an entire day of hell...

Mundi
Sep 19, 2011

Your voice is ambrosia

AngryBooch posted:

Unless they're planning an entire day of hell...

The extra life stream.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

"You can eat caffeine!?!"

If someone got Dan a bunch of caffeinated soap do you think it would help him reduce his sugar intake?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mundi posted:

The extra life stream.

hosed up that you want Jeff to murder Dan on stream.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

ElNarez posted:

Destiny isn't a bad game anymore sorry.

lol

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Bill NYSE posted:

If someone got Dan a bunch of caffeinated soap do you think it would help him reduce his sugar intake?

By making a slip and slide out of his GI tract after he tries eating it?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Bill NYSE posted:

You can buy pure powdered caffeine. The LD50 is 150mg/kg.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Hey we finally got a Dead Rising 1 Quick Look!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Witness is something that's slowly colonizing my brain. I almost forgot about it but ended up playing another couple hours yesterday. So, am I right in thinking that if some puzzle seems completely incomprehensible, that I should go to another area and eventually things will make sense?

Also, about that monolith: So I'm guessing that is keeping track of all the "environmental" puzzles and that when I finish them all something will happen? Don't tell me what it actually is if it's something else though

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I <3 the first two dead rising games. I never played Off The Record. Is it the same game but with Frank West?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Tree Dude posted:

I <3 the first two dead rising games. I never played Off The Record. Is it the same game but with Frank West?

More or less, yeah. There's a fair amount of new junk and also a new area, and there are some wacky story changes too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
also a lot of nice QoL improvements, photography comes back as well

• Locked thread